• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Haha, we got MAULED in BG's last night. I played two games, and the Alliance had 5/10 the first time and 4/10 the second time. Underpopulared Alliance! THE TABLES HAVE TURNED.

SaitoH

Alex said:
Haha, we got MAULED in BG's last night. I played two games, and the Alliance had 5/10 the first time and 4/10 the second time. Underpopulared Alliance! THE TABLES HAVE TURNED.

It's the APOCALYPSE!!

Tre, Maf

I need another invite I settled on undead rogue :D

rycialv6login.jpg

eek! MAF has a new student.

Zombie, I'll make sure to add you when I see you online.
Maf, get your rogue to 51 so we can do BG together. Don't be scared man. I'll protect ya.

On a side note, I hit lvl 60 last night. WOOT!

edit: Zombie, man we are gonna have to upgrade your equipment again. Thats some paltry looking stuff you got on man. haha, lol@ the shorts.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
BlackMage said:
MrCheez, are you still playing on Icecrown? If so, what is your characters name, now?

60 troll rogue named Knai and 59 troll priest named Mudora. :) My friends and I don't play as frequently as we used to, save for last week's pvp frenzy. =P

Phy is the ultimate. Ill level her this weekend if you help me with some crater quests. Phy's my weekend warrior these days. Rest EXP get!

Bloodpact just hit 25, doing the hillsbrad quests. Whoot.

I still have to say, hillsbrad/arathi highlands were my favorite areas to quest. Everything so close together, and a bunch of quests chained in the area, its like grinding/questing at the same time. You'll get a nice lvl spike there with bloodpact. And lets not forget the lovely hillsbrad bears, and the yetis.

Gah, I don't want to play my alt, but at the same time, I just can't bring myself to grind without rest xp. As it is, I only get large amounts of XP at one time doing the instance runs we do.

BlackMage

Banned
MrCheez said:
60 troll rogue named Knai and 59 troll priest named Mudora. :) My friends and I don't play as frequently as we used to, save for last week's pvp frenzy. =P

What guild are you in? Is it still Dance Party?

MrCheez

BlackMage said:
What guild are you in? Is it still Dance Party?

Nah I disbanded it awhile ago. I created it just to be casual and have fun with some friends, but then we decided to go for a big raiding guild. =P We're all in Storm now.

What was your char's name again? Having a hard time remembering.

Jenjandi

Teknopathetic said:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=19432

Picked this up today in Maraudon. Shitty, shitty, shitty instance for such a nice dagger. (it's on the orange side, the other side of Maraudon is quite fun, actually).

I picked these:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=19596

up a few days ago in the other side of Maraudon. Really, really nice boots in a really fun instance. :p

God the first half of Maraudon is awful. What was up with the constant worm spawns? That has to be new...

So i hit 60, which was pretty anticlimatic. Wondering what my goals would be next, since im getting tired of running Strat for my valor leggings....I go and look at what I need to do to get the onyxia key.

http://www.clantt.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=7492

So yeah, I wish i would have known that before doing a long run through BRD not too long ago. But damn, thats gonna take me forever! But i kinda need something to motivate me these days. Our guild is still pretty small right now, but hopefully, we'll be able to do this :)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Jenjandi said:
God the first half of Maraudon is awful. What was up with the constant worm spawns? That has to be new...
Are you talking about the maggoty things? They come out of a tube that you can destroy to stop the spawns.

Alex

Haha, I saw a gold seller. I've never actually seen one in an MMO before, just heard the tales of wreckage. I've been binging on SM trying to wrap up all my blue gear and mount money, and she's always there, level 60 in full green, going in and out of the graveyard and tries to speak chinese to us. Kinda irritating considering, but mostly funny. I liked her dorky green hat though, looked like the DRK AF helm from FFXI.

ManaByte

Attempted a raid to kill the Emperor tonight. We got down to the Emperor room, full 10-man mini-raid, when the leader says "Sorry all, I gotta go. Parents mad that it's past my bedtime." Massive wipe. Everyone super pissed that the kid did that.

BlackMage

Banned
MrCheez said:
Nah I disbanded it awhile ago. I created it just to be casual and have fun with some friends, but then we decided to go for a big raiding guild. =P We're all in Storm now.

What was your char's name again? Having a hard time remembering.

My character right now is Jimmyjoe. I used to be Oatus back when we were still in touch. My friend is Cleatus.

Alex said:
Haha, I saw a gold seller. I've never actually seen one in an MMO before, just heard the tales of wreckage. I've been binging on SM trying to wrap up all my blue gear and mount money, and she's always there, level 60 in full green, going in and out of the graveyard and tries to speak chinese to us. Kinda irritating considering, but mostly funny. I liked her dorky green hat though, looked like the DRK AF helm from FFXI.

Wait, are you the guys on Crushridge? Was it Malisa? She's so adorable, we managed to get her in our guild once. She left after we stole 10g from her by sending a COD firework.

Alex

Hahahaha, that's awesome. But no, I'm on skywall, persons name was Felore. Either that's a back breaking job, or they switch people on the same character, cuz shes always on and in there.

SaitoH

posted by Tigole:

We had the final Blackwing Lair playtest on Monday at which time the dungeon was "locked out" and sent through the QA process so it can be delivered to you guys. So I wanted to give an early head's up that Blackwing is on the horizon and should be in-game in the near future. Keep in mind, there are other things that can hold up a patch. I would expect Blackwing to be delivered to you guys around the end of June or early July. That's my rough estimate at least.

As for Zul'Gurub, the zone is making great progress. We've recently re-lit the zone and replaced many of the buildings in there. I've seen people release screenshorts of the zone that they've obtained by cheating their way in (this will get you banned btw!) but I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised to see the actual zone when it is live. The item and quest guys have some real challenges with this zone. Their goal is to keep all of the items and quests for the top end dungeons relavent while still making Zul'Gurub items desirable. Yet at the same time, the ZG quests and items cannot outshine the Molten Core and above loot.

Some of the boss fights are really cool, as well. We had a ton of fun designing them and we're really looking forward to getting them out there for you guys.

The dungeon and raid team has also been working on some "top secret" stuff that you'll probably hear about soon.

But in the meantime, Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub are not that far off!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ManaByte said:
Attempted a raid to kill the Emperor tonight. We got down to the Emperor room, full 10-man mini-raid, when the leader says "Sorry all, I gotta go. Parents mad that it's past my bedtime." Massive wipe. Everyone super pissed that the kid did that.
That sucks. What the hell wiped you in the Emp's room though? Once you get through the Lyceum, it's all cake.

Trasher

Scoot said:
At some point Blizzard can get down to making those "top end" purples look like something better than level 20 crap.

Yup, the design on my Deathbringer is SUPERB - looks like a big wrench.....

SaitoH

They've been doing a pretty decent job of updating placeholder graphics. All the blue sets are pretty much done, and they are starting to get through the epics.

Deathbringer has the same model as Axe of Rin'ji, which I thought was pretty cool. =P

So I figured out a pretty kickass solution to the boring wait for BG's to start in Warsong Gulch. This really only is fun if you're on a PvE server but its simple -- attack the opposing faction's BG entrance. Everyone is normally flagged as they've just come out of the battleground match and its really easy to earn up some good CP's by killing solos as they are running out of the queue'ing up area.

Whats even more fun is when people come out from the BG and start duelling eachother while still flagged for pvp. If you have stealth ability, have fun one-shotting the loser of the duel for free, full CP. (yes, I know i'm a bastard) :D

vacheron/horde/druid/kilrogg

"So I figured out a pretty kickass solution to the boring wait for BG's to start in Warsong Gulch. This really only is fun if you're on a PvE server but its simple -- attack the opposing faction's BG entrance. Everyone is normally flagged as they've just come out of the battleground match and its really easy to earn up some good CP's by killing solos as they are running out of the queue'ing up area."

Wow, you're a fucking douche.

artful_dodger said:
So I figured out a pretty kickass solution to the boring wait for BG's to start in Warsong Gulch. This really only is fun if you're on a PvE server but its simple -- attack the opposing faction's BG entrance. Everyone is normally flagged as they've just come out of the battleground match and its really easy to earn up some good CP's by killing solos as they are running out of the queue'ing up area.

Whats even more fun is when people come out from the BG and start duelling eachother while still flagged for pvp. If you have stealth ability, have fun one-shotting the loser of the duel for free, full CP. (yes, I know i'm a bastard) :D

vacheron/horde/druid/kilrogg

Artful....there is no other word. This is WAR, baby!

Alex

Our BG here went from jampacked to barren. There's only like three or four sixties outside it, and the match I just got outta was like 5 on 5. Lame, I hope it's not dying off.

MrCheez

Alex said:
Our BG here went from jampacked to barren. There's only like three or four sixties outside it, and the match I just got outta was like 5 on 5. Lame, I hope it's not dying off.

Exact same situation... but only on the Horde-side. But since there haven't been any Horde players there, no one gets to play. Every once and awhile it starts a game with 5 Horde against 10 Alliance too... wtf??

I'm wondering if it's because of the recent totals not showing bonus honor included? Has Blizz commented on this?

Alex

Yawn, two hour wait, so I go out and quest while in the queue to be ported back to Warsong for a 5 Alliance VS 3 Horde match that is auto-shutdown in 5 mins due to lack of players.

On a friday nonetheless. This is just lame, is this a small problem or is it wide spread? What server are you on, Cheez? Anyhow, I thought I picked one with a good population, it's marked a medium.

I hope things improve, otherwise I'll have to reroll or quit, questing and instancing and whatnot are fun, but PvP is the point of playing WoW and it's too much of a pain in the ass at the moment. In my situation at least

Also, I don't know why they have to put these things out in the boonies. Meeting Stones, Battleground portals, etc. People simply don't seem to be willing to hop around, and IF/Org are the hubs for everything. They need to just sit this shit outside the AHs.

ManaByte

Alex said:
Yawn, two hour wait, so I go out and quest while in the queue to be ported back to Warsong for a 5 Alliance VS 3 Horde match that is auto-shutdown in 5 mins due to lack of players.

On a friday nonetheless. This is just lame, is this a small problem or is it wide spread? What server are you on, Cheez? Anyhow, I thought I picked one with a good population, it's marked a medium.

I hope things improve, otherwise I'll have to reroll or quit, questing and instancing and whatnot are fun, but PvP is the point of playing WoW and it's too much of a pain in the ass at the moment. In my situation at least

Also, I don't know why they have to put these things out in the boonies. Meeting Stones, Battleground portals, etc. People simply don't seem to be willing to hop around, and IF/Org are the hubs for everything. They need to just sit this shit outside the AHs.

At least you didn't have to deal with a 20 Alliance to 5 Horde Alterac match.

As for Zul'Gurub, the zone is making great progress. We've recently re-lit the zone and replaced many of the buildings in there. I've seen people release screenshorts of the zone that they've obtained by cheating their way in (this will get you banned btw!) but I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised to see the actual zone when it is live. The item and quest guys have some real challenges with this zone. Their goal is to keep all of the items and quests for the top end dungeons relavent while still making Zul'Gurub items desirable. Yet at the same time, the ZG quests and items cannot outshine the Molten Core and above loot.

Blizz better fix that backdoor into that, then; Zul'Farrak, the other "outdoor instance" that can't be mountain goated into like Gurub can. That's how I got my screenshots of me glitching in that wooden temple and standing on the broken water.

Shit, I'll tell y'all how to do it; where the road from Duskwood goes into STV, get up the hill just before you enter to the left. Follow the ridgeline, avoiding pits you can't scramble out of, then drop into the valley once Gurub pops up on your right. You can take this ridge all the way past the Tainted Scar in Blasted Lands, too.

As for BG, Bloodscalp once again has been a dream; I am SO glad to be on an even server. Even Alterac has enough for good fights most times.

MrCheez

I'm on Icecrown, which should be medium pop. :( Part of the problem is the Alliance outnumbers us 3:1. -_o

Alliance sucks. 3 WSG matches tonight and all of them were too easy. Two rogues on alliance side and no one tried to kill me. I just ran around doing as I pleased, fearing and corrupting every alliance I saw.

Some druid tried to take me on but once his mana was drained he ran away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom