• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

I love Blackrock Mountain:
wowscrnshot0621051406005rk.jpg

ManaByte said:
I love Blackrock Mountain:
wowscrnshot0621051406005rk.jpg

I hate lagging up and landing in the lava...

Had the BEST PK battle EVER. Seeing as my Tailoring is nearly maxed, I needed to pharm Felcloth from demons over level 50; to Felwood I go to a nice place at the end of a mountain path wallowing in Satyrs with a cliff behind it, (for ghoulish Mind Control fun). Other, Alliance tailors have the same idea.

They learn to think different.

Barracading myself up the path and only killing the ones at the top of the hill, only Rogues can sneak past to get me without alarming the Satyrs on the path, giving me time to get ready if baddies show; as I go about my business, a 55 Elf Priest interferes, and is cut down mana-less like the noob he is. I wait for his revenge, and wait, and wait; eventually, 30 minutes pass before he shows back up with me low, I marvel as he not only hits the bottle (of Health Potion), but also bandages. Then the Rogues hit. Long run back, and of course the little rump-ranger is Shadowmelded over my corpse like I can't see that in spirit form or something. I rez, Fear him, heal and shield up, then jump off the cliff behind me. I heal, then drink on a plateau just above Darkshore to regain mana when he follows me down. I burn his mana off while he burns me, then I just stop and start nailing him repeatedly with the tier one DoT, which he keeps Dispelling dispite the fact it costs him 5x the mana for him that it does me. He runs out, I smear him with 2 nukes; that's when I realize the Rogues jumped down to help him...TO THEIR DEATHS! 3 kills, Honor Points on one, equipment damage on 2. Life O'Reilly...lunch every day, kiss goodbye, yup. :lol

ManaByte

SatelliteOfLove said:
I hate lagging up and landing in the lava...

Had the BEST PK battle EVER. Seeing as my Tailoring is nearly maxed, I needed to pharm Felcloth from demons over level 50; to Felwood I go to a nice place at the end of a mountain path wallowing in Satyrs with a cliff behind it, (for ghoulish Mind Control fun). Other, Alliance tailors have the same idea.

They learn to think different.

Barracading myself up the path and only killing the ones at the top of the hill, only Rogues can sneak past to get me without alarming the Satyrs on the path, giving me time to get ready if baddies show; as I go about my business, a 55 Elf Priest interferes, and is cut down mana-less like the noob he is. I wait for his revenge, and wait, and wait; eventually, 30 minutes pass before he shows back up with me low, I marvel as he not only hits the bottle (of Health Potion), but also bandages. Then the Rogues hit. Long run back, and of course the little rump-ranger is Shadowmelded over my corpse like I can't see that in spirit form or something. I rez, Fear him, heal and shield up, then jump off the cliff behind me. I heal, then drink on a plateau just above Darkshore to regain mana when he follows me down. I burn his mana off while he burns me, then I just stop and start nailing him repeatedly with the tier one DoT, which he keeps Dispelling dispite the fact it costs him 5x the mana for him that it does me. He runs out, I smear him with 2 nukes; that's when I realize the Rogues jumped down to help him...TO THEIR DEATHS! 3 kills, Honor Points on one, equipment damage on 2. Life O'Reilly...lunch every day, kiss goodbye, yup. :lol

I've never fallen into the lava.

I've been trying to hit Warsong at least twice a night. When I have a little extra coin on me, I'll run into Org first and buy a couple of Inferno stones. Waiting until most of the Alliance is in the middle of the map and dropping an Inferno on them is priceless.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
On Tuesday my guild went to Molten Core for the first time. We wiped on Lucifron since we having trouble getting the pull correct (you have to seperate the adds from Lucifron). We went back yesterday and took him down on the first try. Even better, I got the felheart gloves. We then made a single attempt at Magmadar and wiped. We are trying him again tonight.

WoWScrnShot_062205_213757.jpg

WoWScrnShot_062105_212105.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
ZombieSupaStar said:
is there any mention of arthas in the game?
Not to my knowledge other than the mere mention that he is to the north lands or whatever that is. I'd expect that he might show up in an expansion.

SaitoH

I recently cheated my way through Warcraft 3 to get a basic understanding of the storyline, because I hadn't played it before. Arthas would make a badass boss for an expansion.

^w^

Ps. You can go to the tomb of Uther the lightbringer in Western Plaguelands.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The King of Ironforge's brother went to Northrend to find Muradin, it says in the manual.

I'm sure that storyline will be dealt with in an expansion.

Alex

Am I the only person who thinks the Saber Tigers are really dumb mounts? I mean, the Night Elves suck period, but everyone seems to like those doofy looking Tigers. I like the (human) Horses and (Orc) Wolves best, myself.

Ikse

I dislike them aswell. Raptor's and Kodo's are my top two.

Got 60 now, and think the endgame is pretty boring. Nothing compared to FFXI's.

Might take a look at EQ2

ahhh, ive cancelled my account for about a month now and it feels like i have so much time!

its a great feeling, but i miss wow and I wish I could have tried battlegrounds.

Im sure yall have played lots of battlegrounds, is it worth coming back to losing all this great time?

Malakhov

Banned
Being ano rc I have a wolf as a mount but I wish they'd make it bigger, it looks as if my orc is humping a small dog while he's riding it :(

Kodo for the win.

siege

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
ahhh, ive cancelled my account for about a month now and it feels like i have so much time!

its a great feeling, but i miss wow and I wish I could have tried battlegrounds.

Im sure yall have played lots of battlegrounds, is it worth coming back to losing all this great time?

I came back for Battlegrounds and then cancelled my account again within a week. No, it's not worth it.

Malakhov

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:

Definetly, I took a break for about 2 months and now I'm enjoying the game even more.

ManaByte

Alex said:
Battlegrounds would be worth it if they'd have inter-server queues.

Or even better if the instanced battlegrounds used server clustering like they added to DAoC where you could fight against players from other servers.

siege said:
I came back for Battlegrounds and then cancelled my account again within a week. No, it's not worth it.

Well if you don't like PVP you're pretty much going to be bored out of your mind once you hit the level cap because all there is to do is item farm. Imagine running the same instance 10 times for the off chance that you win a random roll for one randomly dropped piece of armor. Repeat that for each slot.

A MMO needs something to do at the level cap beyond item farming and PVP because as DAoC's numbers showed even at its highest point the hardcore MMO-PVP playerbase is generally smaller than the PVE playerbase.

EQ1 had this same problem and then they introduced AA's. DAoC eventually added Master Levels. They both allowed you to advance in some way when at the level cap so you weren't forced just to farm item sets over and over.

Until WoW gets something similar (hopefully the Hero Classes will do it), the end game will still be mind-numbingly boring for people who aren't hardcore PVPers.

Ikse

The thing is, with WoW, its not very friendly if you take breaks. Once you hit 60, you either farm instances with your guild or farm HK in the BG's.

Taking a break for months would probably get you kicked from the guild, and PvP wise, your rank would have decayed.

WoW has turned unfriendly towards that kinda of thing, you can't even focus on an alt without damaging your main class.

Thankfully, I'm not bothered about PvP or PvE. I'm having fun on my alt Priest (lvl 20), but I'm sure that will only last for so long.

Might go back to FFXI or try EQ2. WoW has been a good ride, but it falls flat on its face at the final hurdle imo.

Ikse

I am still in my HNMLS on Fairy server in FFXI after logging in after 6 months.

As it stands, I can walk right back in to FFXI 6 months later, I sure couldnt in WoW. I'm on the most populated EU server, my chances of continuing PvP where I left off are just totally destroyed.

Razoric

Banned
Ikse said:
I am still in my HNMLS on Fairy server in FFXI after logging in after 6 months.

As it stands, I can walk right back in to FFXI 6 months later, I sure couldnt in WoW. I'm on the most populated EU server, my chances of continuing PvP where I left off are just totally destroyed.

Why because you can't be the #1 pvper? It's not all about stats, it's about how fun BG is. You'll never be able to compete with some of the kiddies who play WoW BGs 24 / 7.

Why are all MMORPGers such stat whores? Does the game turn you into that? If you cant be #1 you cant play at all?

I might never make it past scout, who the fuck cares. I play with people and have fun.

Ikse: Any player in FFXI is a very rare commodity, I doubt they kick you out for that reason.

More people play WoW, yes, youre expendable.

Razoric

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
I had taken a month off a while back, it changes everything. I think WoW should force people to take a month off.

I agree i took 2 months off and now it's as fresh as ever.

its better to keep your distance from the devs / community forum / nerf garbage talk as well. i think that shit destroys a game.

Ikse

Razoric said:
Why because you can't be the #1 pvper? It's not all about stats, it's about how fun BG is. You'll never be able to compete with some of the kiddies who play WoW BGs 24 / 7.

Why are all MMORPGers such stat whores? Does the game turn you into that? If you cant be #1 you cant play at all?

I picked Warlock. I didn't expect to be #1 of anything. I don't fall into that group mentality. I got lvl 60 at a steady pace.

Blizzard's choice of a decaying ladder system for their PvP implementation is highly flawed, and doesnt suit a MMORPG.

Where is the harm in a player like myself wanting to take a break and continue where I left off? Its discouraging players that are even remotely interested in keeping a decent rank in pvp, in creating alt's or taking a break.

The whole honor system is an antithesis to the game before lvl 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom