• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

siege

Banned
I just pretty much hate the WoW community. I came back after a 5 month break and rolled a Warlock. Was having fun until I started running instances with groups and had to deal with people rolling on everything and generally being idiots. I'd get excited about a blue robes drop and roll against some priest for it, beat him, and then have the warrior roll on it and win it. He then openly gave it to the priest.

I pretty much snapped after that incident and uninstalled the game. Battlegrounds are ok, but having to wait in a queue is retarded.

Ramirez

You do? I NEVER talk to you anymore.

You're always on top of the bank when I see you and you're never moving so I don't bother you :lol

And I swear every time Bennett asks me to go to an instance my guild is either starting one or I'm helpin Urashi quest :lol

And I really don't care about my PvP rank anymore as some have said,it's almost impossible to rank up now with BGs out and people just camping them all day every day,I'll be happy if I can keep Rank 4 :lol

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
You're always on top of the bank when I see you and you're never moving so I don't bother you :lol

And I swear every time Bennett asks me to go to an instance my guild is either starting one or I'm helpin Urashi quest :lol

And I really don't care about my PvP rank anymore as some have said,it's almost impossible to rank up now with BGs out and people just camping them all day every day,I'll be happy if I can keep Rank 4 :lol

Yeah at some point I want to get to Stone Guard so I can get my PvP boots (15% to ghost wolf = ghost wolf at almost regular mount speed).

But yeah, most of the time when I see you I am standing in Org or afk, and I come back to see "Sallazar spits on you." -_-

I haven't instanced with Bennett in forever. But, he's on less right now too. What stage of your Ony key are you on?

ManaByte

Ikse said:
Blizzard's choice of a decaying ladder system for their PvP implementation is highly flawed, and doesnt suit a MMORPG.

Where is the harm in a player like myself wanting to take a break and continue where I left off? Its discouraging players that are even remotely interested in keeping a decent rank in pvp, in creating alt's or taking a break.

The whole honor system is an antithesis to the game before lvl 60

EXACTLY

And it's the thing that'll drive people away from the game when they realize that they have to basically play 24/7 to keep up with anyone.

EQII used to have the exact same problem with the guild system. There, guilds gain levels based on the quests their members complete. When the game first was released the guild levels would degrade over time and unless a guild grinded out quests 24/7 they couldn't keep up with the powergaming guilds on the server. Casual gamers were super pissed that they were being punished for not playing every second of the day so they went in and changed it so that guild levels don't degrade.

There is no other MMORPG where you're PVP status degrades over time. Buy a nice new piece of PVP armor for you new rank? Enjoy it while it lasts because you probably won't be able to use it next week and if you fall behind a little bit, you may never be able to use it again.

It's a horrible flaw in the design.

Mjunter

Well..I don't know the rate that the pvp rank decay works. But I took a 4 week break from the game and I just found out I'm still the same rank I was when I left. Tommorow is talley time though so we will see if I lose it tomorrow.

Shouta

MrAngryFace said:
Ikse: Any player in FFXI is a very rare commodity, I doubt they kick you out for that reason.

It's only really true for good players in FFXI. If you're good, you'll be wanted all the way around. Otherwise, FFXI and WoW aren't that much different in terms of expendability as a player.

ManaByte

Mjunter said:
Well..I don't know the rate that the pvp rank decay works. But I took a 4 week break from the game and I just found out I'm still the same rank I was when I left. Tommorow is talley time though so we will see if I lose it tomorrow.

I was a Grunt, left for a month, came back and I was down to a Scout. I got Sgt, but I didn't PVP all week (maybe will do some tonight), so I will probably drop down tomorrow.

I don't want to scare anyone but this is a new sticky post on WoW General -

1.6 Addition | 6/27/2005 6:51:36 PM PDT

"Honor system reward item’s rank requirement will now be based on a characters highest lifetime rank rather than the character’s current rank."

Are they saying you no longer lose access to Honor gear if you fall in ranks?

ManaByte

krypt0nian said:
I don't want to scare anyone but this is a new sticky post on WoW General -

1.6 Addition | 6/27/2005 6:51:36 PM PDT

"Honor system reward item’s rank requirement will now be based on a characters highest lifetime rank rather than the character’s current rank."

Are they saying you no longer lose access to Honor gear if you fall in ranks?

No.

Bout fucking TIME they saw how stupid that rank shit was. Not only do you have to earn rank, you have to BUY THE FUCKING ITEM then KEEP RANK TO USE IT?!??!

That makes sense anyway since people retire out of service all the time cause WOW IS REAL LIFE LOLZ

Malakhov

Banned
Meaning I will get a free respec soon, I might as well fool around with it and try a fury build with my warrior for fun.

So I decide to reinstall the game and come back today. Game's installed, now I have to setup the account. That was 2 hours ago. I am still waiting for their website to go back up.

Waiting.

I already want to quit before even reinstating. :lol

Way to go Blizz, let's just remind me of all the bad things about the game BEFORE i restart my account.

What a joke.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bad luck sal, this is the first time i've noticed the website down since I restarted 3 weeks ago.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
69205.jpg

New Felheart. I love the horns so much. i don't care if I am neon green, it is worth it for the horns.

siege said:
I just pretty much hate the WoW community. I came back after a 5 month break and rolled a Warlock. Was having fun until I started running instances with groups and had to deal with people rolling on everything and generally being idiots. I'd get excited about a blue robes drop and roll against some priest for it, beat him, and then have the warrior roll on it and win it. He then openly gave it to the priest.

I pretty much snapped after that incident and uninstalled the game. Battlegrounds are ok, but having to wait in a queue is retarded.
LOL! What, you don't have any friends or a guild? Pickup groups will always be that way because no one has any reason to be nice to anyone. If you go with only your guild, or with a guild leader/friend as the group leader, everyone is cool.

Ikse

Oh man, that Master Demonologist talent is such a huge buff for us. Blizzard must of heard i was close to cancelling, buffing demonology and removing the decay off of PvP rewards ;)

Alex

The reward decay tweak is great, great news. Now I can go full time PvP at 60 and focus on the reward sets without freaking out when, you know, that pesky little nuance known as life pops up.

ManaByte

Just logged on Test and the PVP armor change isn't working yet.

Here's the Master Demonologist talent. I think I'll stick with my SM/Ruin build:
wowscrnshot0628050319042ck.jpg

Ikse

Imp: Reduces threat caused by 4/8/12/16/20%.
Voidwalker: Reduces physical damage taken by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Succubus: Increases all damaged caused by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Felhunter: Increases all resistances by .2/.4/.6/.8/1 per level.

Felhunter at lvl 60 gives +60 magic resistance to all schools, and +200 to the Felhunter. This isnt including the stats from Felheart gear etc.

Imp giving 20% less agro for the warlock in levelling, PvE raids is very nice.

Succubus with +10% dmg coupled with Unholy Power will result in nice dps.

VW and Soul Link + 10% less dmg from melee, brings us up to leather status.

This is an extremely nice buff for Demonologists and one hell if a reason to switch to that tree.

I've discovered I lost my CD Key for WoW. Thank god their resubscribing process never asks for it. BRILLIANT I say Blizzard. All other mmo-makers need to take note. If I at one time had a cd key to start up an account, then there's NO reason to ask for that again if I do decide to come back.

Woohoo.

Malakhov said:
Definetly, I took a break for about 2 months and now I'm enjoying the game even more.

I think I'll be doing that, too...

Bloodscalp has hit a nasty period where big guilds are cherry-picking and luring 60's out of other guilds with swank stuff for more reliable Onyxia/MC runs. A long time member who hooked up with us when we started WoW, (a hardcore player and Aussie), got snookered away from us last week just like that; they let him have the Epic Priest crown when it dropped. Next thing you know, he leaves. Then his 8 real life buddies...

Not to mention one guild about our size (25 whose mains are all over the time played/level chart) who we often hook up with for instance fun somehow got into their heads that we were talking full-blown merger for the 40-man stuff, (wtf?) One of our guys left because we kindly shut this down, (again, wtf?)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Ikse said:
Oh man, that Master Demonologist talent is such a huge buff for us. Blizzard must of heard i was close to cancelling, buffing demonology and removing the decay off of PvP rewards ;)

Hell yeah it is. I'll have to try it out on the test server, but I think I'll be respeccing to demonology next patch. That and there seems to be a bug (at least I hope it is a bug) with Dark Pact where you can no longer get mana from your imp while phase shifted. Good bye affliction, hello demonolgy.

I've also been making a fortune lately farming the stone guardians in Un'goro. I wish I would have either heard about about or thought about doing it earlier. So easy with curse of doom and banish.

Alex

ARGH! I didn't rank up, I worked so hard too. Got 22nd place, I won't be able to make much honor this week at all, if any too. Oh well, maybe the week after.

explodet

Haha - on my server, I got 10K honor and got a standing of 150. Last week I got 30K honor and only got a standing in the low 200's.

I'm in no rush to rank up, but a slow process up the ranks couldn't hurt. :D

Alex

I wish there was some barrier to break down the languages. Me, a few of the better PvPing Allies and some of the better PvPing Horde are becoming friends simply through the act of beating on each other so damn much in Warsong.

It's depressing leveling out of a bracket after you spend so much time in it.

Alex

I like my plain jane Human Perception skill, but I may be the only one. :p Anyhow, WoTF still cancels Fear and Seduce while they're in effect, right? How that would be ANYWHERE APPROACHING useless is over my head, MAF.

Heck, I'll take it off your hands if you want! Another mini-rank 2 trinkey would rock.

There's no timing or skill involved with WotF! As you say its a button. A 5 second window is just too damn small. 10 second I could go with, but 5?

Dont be an idiot just cause it may be the cause of your downfall from time to time. To be honest I kill spellcasters so fast I never use wotf HOWEVER, I am a BIG advocate of some balance, not knee jerk IM A DYIN PLEAS NERF SO I HAFF PHUN! adjustments.

Razoric

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
There's no timing or skill involved with WotF! As you say its a button. A 5 second window is just too damn small. 10 second I could go with, but 5?

Dont be an idiot just cause it may be the cause of your downfall from time to time. To be honest I kill spellcasters so fast I never use wotf HOWEVER, I am a BIG advocate of some balance, not knee jerk IM A DYIN PLEAS NERF SO I HAFF PHUN! adjustments.

I'm for class balance too... I guess it's blizzards fault for leaving it like it was for so long. I dunno, its really hard to feel sorry for Undead Rogues (who seem to be complaining the most over this) when I'm playing a hunter and a warlock. :p

Alex

How much did they fix up Warlock? Most o' the bugs gone, talents any better balanced, is that darn soulshard bag in yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom