• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razoric

Banned
Alex said:
How much did they fix up Warlock? Most o' the bugs gone, talents any better balanced, is that darn soulshard bag in yet?

I just started playing my warlock again yesterday (level 32)... he still seems very gimped even compared to my hunter. its not his spells really but the weaksauce pets and the fact i can't take hits worth a shit (like maf said a rogue could take me down in 5 seconds flat no doubt).

Phy at level 50 only, crits at 1200-1300 with a level 5 evicerate. (itd be higher if I didnt have shit daggers) That puts my opening combo of Cheapshot/SinisterStrike/Hemmorage/Hemmorage about about 1400-1500 in the first 6 seconds or so. Of course thats not adding poison damage which would bump it up a bit further but not a whole lot in the first few seconds.

Plus there's that poison that doubles casting time n such.

My level 32 warlock is pretty awesome, my second favorite class so far.

As for the WotF nerf, my main thing is this: Not just rogues use it. If this was nerfed because of the success rogues have, thats sorta missing the point entirely. Rogues are successful because they are the best class in the game all around ;)

Razoric said:
oh no poor undead rogues miss out on an "I win" button and actually have to use wotf with some timing / skill. :lol

:lol

yea cause it takes skill to Time a wotf on an INSTANT CAST spell.

"i THINK he is gonna cast fear now...im using my sixth sense...yes i predict he will.....<wotf>...<5 seconds goes by> oh darn, he didnt, it must mean i have no skill"

also, you gotta remember, its a racial class thing, not just rogues use it as MAF said.

Malakhov

Banned
Making a copy of my 45 warrior on the test server to test out the changes to fury. If it's better for leveling up I might switch to fury on Crushridge until I hit 60 and go back to MS :D

Malakhov said:
Dont mind about the WotF nerf, I only used it to break fear anyways once I was already feared.
Yep, this is what it's for. It's not supposed to be a 30 second version of the Fear Ward that Dwarf Priests have. I would so quickly trade my Human's extra spirit/rep, Perception, and +5 mace/sword just to have the 5 second WotF.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Yep, this is what it's for. It's not supposed to be a 30 second version of the Fear Ward that Dwarf Priests have. I would so quickly trade my Human's extra spirit/rep, Perception, and +5 mace/sword just to have the 5 second WotF.

As would I. Even nerfed I would still take WotF over any of the human abilities.

SaitoH

Another pic of Warlock epic set:

dragaapimp4ac.jpg

Druid epic set:

newcenarion0it1zv.jpg

Shaman epic:

dissident30ry.jpg

Shaman earthshaker and warlock sets are chock full of badassery.

Getting out of a fear is hardly an "I win" button. If you lose battles because someone breaks your fear, you just suck.

And yeah, eviscerate doesn't corralate with your weapons. Ambush/backstab/sinister strike do.

Ramirez

Yea most of the male models for all races look corny as hell except for like Tauren and Undead...Orcs and Trolls just suck in general =P

Ramirez said:
Thanks for proving my point guys :lol :D

um what? "lol"

OK call out to all the rogues here:

Lvl 47 and looking to repec to a new build...basically have been half assing it so far and now I'm looking to focus.

I have a decent dagger (Black Menace) so I'm up for a Dagger/x ambush/backstab build, but I'm really liking the sound of Hemorrage too. My play style has always been the ninja atk from the shadows so Imp Sap and such are still important.

Any links to some great builds or care to post what works for you so far?

I'm currently playing on my 46 Undead Rogue. I'm going for the 21/8/22 dagger build.

I call it the ninja fighter build. You get both cold blood and preparation. You can open, use cold blood and vanish twice. Improved sap is really nice and opportunity gives you a 75% chance of adding an extra point with your opener (gives you 3 points if you open with cheap shot).

The only negative side of this build is the 10 min. cooldown on preparation. You have to wait or change tactics meanwhile.

If you play solo (like true ninjas) fill the subtlety tree first. If you party constantly you should fill the assassination tree first.

Assassination Talents (21 points)
# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
# Malice - 5/5 points
# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
# Murder - 2/2 points
# Lethality - 5/5 points
# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point
# Vile Poisons - 1/5 point
# Cold Blood - 1/1 point

Combat Talents (8 points)
# Improved Gouge - 3/3 points
# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
# Improved Backstab - 3/3 points

Subtlety Talents (22 points)
# Master of Deception - 5/5 points
# Opportunity - 5/5 points
# Improved Ambush - 3/3 points
# Initiative - 5/5 points
# Improved Sap - 3/3 points
# Preparation - 1/1 point

My rogue is almost all subtlety. She has 30% dodge right now. She gains multiplier points through dodging, finishing movies, and the requisite generating moves. Phy only criticals about 14% of the time but I attack fast.

Fuck combat, I used it only for the 5% dodge, and assassination so far is only being used for the generation of combo points from finishing moves.

SaitoH

RonaldoSan said:
I'm currently playing on my 46 Undead Rogue. I'm going for the 21/8/22 dagger build.

I call it the ninja fighter build. You get both cold blood and preparation. You can open, use cold blood and vanish twice. Improved sap is really nice and opportunity gives you a 75% chance of adding an extra point with your opener (gives you 3 points if you open with cheap shot).

The only negative side of this build is the 10 min. cooldown on preparation. You have to wait or change tactics meanwhile.

If you play solo (like true ninjas) fill the subtlety tree first. If you party constantly you should fill the assassination tree first.

Assassination Talents (21 points)
# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
# Malice - 5/5 points
# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
# Murder - 2/2 points
# Lethality - 5/5 points
# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point
# Vile Poisons - 1/5 point
# Cold Blood - 1/1 point

Combat Talents (8 points)
# Improved Gouge - 3/3 points
# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
# Improved Backstab - 3/3 points

Subtlety Talents (22 points)
# Master of Deception - 5/5 points
# Opportunity - 5/5 points
# Improved Ambush - 3/3 points
# Initiative - 5/5 points
# Improved Sap - 3/3 points
# Preparation - 1/1 point

That's a nice build. I'm thinking of going with something similar. I have a seal of fate / prep build right now, and REALLY want improved backstab. Since I don't tank during raids (well, rarely =P ) most of my damage comes from backstab.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?9993

That's my character right now, 'cept I use Barman shanker in main, and Heartseeker in off-hand. Been gathering up more attack power gear lately too. Like Pads of the Dread Wolf, Devilsaur pants and gloves, just need my Painweave band, and Mark of Fordring and I should be set.

^_~

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
My rogue is a 45 NE, and I'm going for an assassination / subtlety split. I've been jacking up my agility like mad, and it's nuts the sheer number of crit. hits I can get in. I'm thinking I may swap out some of that agility for stamina, though. My hp are sort of hurting, and I'm a bit of a pain in the ass for tanks to deal with from doing too much damage. :\

Insertia

I'm burnt out on WoW. Played it so much in the past two months that I can't stand to look at it anymore. I know I'll have the urge to play again in several months, but now...no more it's been interfering with my life.

If I cancel my account and somewhere down the line decide to reactivate will my character still be there?

Ferrio

Banned
Sub tree is horrible, shit atleast they're making premed actually useable, and ghostly strike something that doesn't fucking kill your own self. Still it's not enough to go down the whole tree.

Premed sounds nice, but seal fate pretty much does the same thing, not to mention you get a lot better talens up to that point (especially cold blood, which god it's hard finding a rogue without).

30/8/13 here

ManaByte

Insertia said:
I'm burnt out on WoW. Played it so much in the past two months that I can't stand to look at it anymore. I know I'll have the urge to play again in several months, but now...no more it's been interfering with my life.

If I cancel my account and somewhere down the line decide to reactivate will my character still be there?

Start an alt. There are times when I just don't have time for a DM, BRD, BRS, or even Temple run so I just log on a lower level alt and play that. My main is an Orc Warlock, but I've been messing around with my Dwarf Hunter and Night Elf Druid a bit when I don't have time for an all-night instance run.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Or simply don't play as much, I limit myself to a certain number of hours a week.
Or cancel for a month and come back

LukeSmith

SaitoH said:
That's a nice build. I'm thinking of going with something similar. I have a seal of fate / prep build right now, and REALLY want improved backstab. Since I don't tank during raids (well, rarely =P ) most of my damage comes from backstab.

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?9993

That's my character right now, 'cept I use Barman shanker in main, and Heartseeker in off-hand. Been gathering up more attack power gear lately too. Like Pads of the Dread Wolf, Devilsaur pants and gloves, just need my Painweave band, and Mark of Fordring and I should be set.

^_~

Ah, a Wheel of Time fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom