• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamanon said:
It's really amazing the drop-off in quality from my raidgroup from the 10-man to the 25-man. We're part of a raid alliance and our 10-mans are outstanding, but when we combine with a couple other 10-man runs, there's like 3 or 4 absolutely awful people. It's not so much dps(although the DK who does 3k dps in 245 gear is pretty putrid), but situational awareness that I have no clue how they handle 10-man content.

Like, to this day I still have no clue how anyone can be hit by Icehowl's charge or Ony's deep breath. It seems almost impossible to me. Maybe I'm trained too much to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.

For some reason, on heroic beasts I get hit by icehowl. I begin moving as soon as my stun wears off, yet I still get hit. My latency is kind of crappy so that may be it but its annoying as hell. It's gotten to the point where I won't do ToGC anymore =(

Tamanon

Banned
Magnus said:
http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Fives-the-Paladin-Hates-the-Blues/Six-Words-that-Terrify-Blizzard

I forget who posted that article, but it's spot-on.

The final paragraph is amazing.

"Icecrown is the pinnacle of Warcraft. It's the connection from the end of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, to World of Warcraft. It's what many people picked up wow to see. Ironically, it's also the pinnacle of Activision's taking over of Blizzard, and turning it into the cash focused beast it is. We've got race changes and faction changes for cash. Vanity pets for cash (which Blizzard is so big about, they give half the money to charity. Half. I guess the other half has to feed their kids, right? Without that panderan, kids all over california whose parents work for Blizzard would starve. Please, either go all-in with charity, or don't bother. It just makes you look duplicitous.). Now we have Arthas *****d out for maximum return. The irony is a bit cheesy, and maybe somewhat obvious, but Icecrown represents a once good entity finally succumbing to a greater power it swore it could control, thus becoming that which was feared most. Blizzard has succumbed to Activision, and it's not long before we won't recognize the former anymore.

That's right Blizzard, you're the Lich King."

Amazing in its assumption of Activision's time-traveling abilities.

hobart said:
Yah. I feel like everyone thinks they are Ensidia or Death and Taxes... or whomever.

And I feel that you have terrible reading comprehension. A number of people, myself included, have outlined reasons that they don't like how IC is being rolled out. Attempts are more of an issue to me than gating, but since the number of attempts allowed weekly is also gated it's hard to separate the two.

As I said earlier, limiting attempts will essentially mean that, for a guild like mine that has a number of key people with spotty connections, we won't even be downing the final boss of the first wing until we have enough attempts to do so. Depending on the difficulty of the content and complexity of the encounters, that could take a month or more.

Of course there is a lot of other content in 3.3... if you're interested in it. I only log for raids these days, and this system seems more and more like a way to keep people like me paying money all the way until Cataclysm. The more I think about it the more I think it stinks.

So please don't make condescending generalisations about people like me thinking we're elite, or some other strawman you concoct. It adds exactly nothing to the discussion.

Blackface

Banned
Magnus said:
http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Fives-the-Paladin-Hates-the-Blues/Six-Words-that-Terrify-Blizzard

I forget who posted that article, but it's spot-on.

The final paragraph is amazing.

"Icecrown is the pinnacle of Warcraft. It's the connection from the end of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, to World of Warcraft. It's what many people picked up wow to see. Ironically, it's also the pinnacle of Activision's taking over of Blizzard, and turning it into the cash focused beast it is. We've got race changes and faction changes for cash. Vanity pets for cash (which Blizzard is so big about, they give half the money to charity. Half. I guess the other half has to feed their kids, right? Without that panderan, kids all over california whose parents work for Blizzard would starve. Please, either go all-in with charity, or don't bother. It just makes you look duplicitous.). Now we have Arthas *****d out for maximum return. The irony is a bit cheesy, and maybe somewhat obvious, but Icecrown represents a once good entity finally succumbing to a greater power it swore it could control, thus becoming that which was feared most. Blizzard has succumbed to Activision, and it's not long before we won't recognize the former anymore.

That's right Blizzard, you're the Lich King."

What a horrible article written by someone who clearly has absolutely no fucking clue. :lol :lol :lol

border

jim-jam bongs said:
As I said earlier, limiting attempts will essentially mean that, for a guild like mine that has a number of key people with spotty connections, we won't even be downing the final boss of the first wing until we have enough attempts to do so.

Except that the final boss of the first wing does not have a limited number of attempts. That does not start until the second wing and Professor Putricide. People always seem to miss that there are 6 encounters without limited attempts, and by the time the gates come off there will be 8 encounters without limited attempts. I gotta imagine that by the time those 8 encounters have been mastered by most regular guilds, there number of available attempts will be at 15++.

Does your guild really eat 3-5 wipes per boss because of disconnections?

I suspect this whole thing will be a nightmare for the GMs, with many people submitting tickets and demanding that attempts be restored due to server-side lag or server crashes or whatever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
It's really amazing the drop-off in quality from my raidgroup from the 10-man to the 25-man. We're part of a raid alliance and our 10-mans are outstanding, but when we combine with a couple other 10-man runs, there's like 3 or 4 absolutely awful people. It's not so much dps(although the DK who does 3k dps in 245 gear is pretty putrid), but situational awareness that I have no clue how they handle 10-man content.

Like, to this day I still have no clue how anyone can be hit by Icehowl's charge or Ony's deep breath. It seems almost impossible to me. Maybe I'm trained too much to GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.
You can button turn out of the way of both of those unless you are right in the center and being targeted and are on heroic. Someone always gets hit. =/

The only time I ever got hit with it was that my camera was at a weird angle, so I couldn't tell in which direction to go, so I ran from out of range INTO range of him :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
border said:
Except that the final boss of the first wing does not have a limited number of attempts. That does not start until the second wing and Professor Putricide. People always seem to miss that there are 6 encounters without limited attempts, and by the time the gates come off there will be 8 encounters without limited attempts. I gotta imagine that by the time those 8 encounters have been mastered by most regular guilds, there number of available attempts will be at 15++.

I suspect this whole thing will be a nightmare for the GMs, with many people submitting tickets and demanding that attempts be restored due to server-side lag or server crashes or whatever.
On Patch week?

All the time :lol

border

Then it's a good thing there aren't any bosses with limited attempts during patch week. :p

My point was more that if connectivity is a constant issue for your guild, then you probably weren't going to be on the bleeding edge that is going to have issue with this stuff. By the time you're ready to fight Arthas most of Blizzard's weird nerfs won't be an issue.

border said:

Sometimes we eat even more.

We're Oceanic, so we deal with 600ms pings as a rule. A ping of 350ms is basically a superior connection. A number of our raiders live in places where they will suffer a lot of disconnections regardless of latency or anything else.

So yeah, sometimes we even have to deal with 3 - 5 wipes on content that should be utterly trivial; content that we've been doing for months becomes a lottery where we all pray that any disconnects don't hit critical players. Imagine what it's like trying to learn new content with that being the case. Usually, everyone is patient and perseveres; but we don't get that option now.

If we lose an attempt because of a disconnection, people will be seriously pissed. And you're right about tickets. Expect Blizzard to make it a support a policy that they don't refund attempts, and watch guilds disintegrate as people turn on anyone who is "wasting" their attempts.

As I said, we have a lot of connectivity problems because quite a lot of Australia is very remote, and even the parts that aren't are still on the other side of the world from the servers. This already causes quite a bit of conflict, with limited attempts it's going to get pretty ugly.

To be completely frank I'd have no problem with the gating if it weren't tied to attempts. Even with my (now obvious :lol ) misconception about which bosses were being given limited attempts, it's still a shitty extension of a system that was meant to optionally increase difficulty for people who wanted it.

border said:
My point was more that if connectivity is a constant issue for your guild, then you probably weren't going to be on the bleeding edge that is going to have issue with this stuff. By the time you're ready to fight Arthas most of Blizzard's weird nerfs won't be an issue.

I agree. Hence my frustration that this decision feels more like a way to make me continue paying for my subscription until Cataclysm than a good piece of game-design.

hobart

jim-jam bongs said:
And I feel that you have terrible reading comprehension. A number of people, myself included, have outlined reasons that they don't like how IC is being rolled out. Attempts are more of an issue to me than gating, but since the number of attempts allowed weekly is also gated it's hard to separate the two.

As I said earlier, limiting attempts will essentially mean that, for a guild like mine that has a number of key people with spotty connections, we won't even be downing the final boss of the first wing until we have enough attempts to do so. Depending on the difficulty of the content and complexity of the encounters, that could take a month or more.

Of course there is a lot of other content in 3.3... if you're interested in it. I only log for raids these days, and this system seems more and more like a way to keep people like me paying money all the way until Cataclysm. The more I think about it the more I think it stinks.

So please don't make condescending generalisations about people like me thinking we're elite, or some other strawman you concoct. It adds exactly nothing to the discussion.

Then perhaps your comprehension needs some work as well. My opinion is based around the presumption that *a guild* will be downing the first wing quickly. It's a fair assumption that guilds like Ensidia would...... but guild XYZ? Like I said... even with the newer, easier content... and ESPECIALLY during patch weeks... I don't see this content falling so quickly. So as far as the argument goes that you want all the content TODAY... I just don't see the point.

Attempts is a completely different issue... and to that (especially for someone on Oceanic or anyone in a guild with people that have bad connections -- it happens) I can totally understand why you'd have a problem with it.

To my fault... I didn't mean "everyone," even tho I said it. And it was in response to something Grimace had said before. I'm sorry you got so hurt by it. If you've been following the thread, however, perhaps you, too, can get the feeling that many on these boards (and, sure, those that hold the "I want all of ICC now" opinion) feel like adding wing-by-wing in 2 week periods will leave them in limbo... or not give them enough content... or string them along. What I'm saying is: most guilds will most likely be wiping on the first wing during the first couple of weeks anyway... so... what does it really matter if the whole instance is out or not?

Angry Grimace

jim-jam bongs said:
Sometimes we eat even more.

We're Oceanic, so we deal with 600ms pings as a rule. A ping of 350ms is basically a superior connection. A number of our raiders live in places where they will suffer a lot of disconnections regardless of latency or anything else.

So yeah, sometimes we even have to deal with 3 - 5 wipes on content that should be utterly trivial; content that we've been doing for months becomes a lottery where we all pray that any disconnects don't hit critical players. Imagine what it's like trying to learn new content with that being the case. Usually, everyone is patient and perseveres; but we don't get that option now.

If we lose an attempt because of a disconnection, people will be seriously pissed. And you're right about tickets. Expect Blizzard to make it a support a policy that they don't refund attempts, and watch guilds disintegrate as people turn on anyone who is "wasting" their attempts.

As I said, we have a lot of connectivity problems because quite a lot of Australia is very remote, and even the parts that aren't are still on the other side of the world from the servers. This already causes quite a bit of conflict, with limited attempts it's going to get pretty ugly.

To be completely frank I'd have no problem with the gating if it weren't tied to attempts. Even with my (now obvious :lol ) misconception about which bosses were being given limited attempts, it's still a shitty extension of a system that was meant to optionally increase difficulty for people who wanted it.

I agree. Hence my frustration that this decision feels more like a way to make me continue paying for my subscription until Cataclysm than a good piece of game-design.
You could say the same thing about the entire expansion process as a rule. It's all released episodically. They *could* simply release full dungeon sets at a time and then immediately start working on another expansion, but they don't and never have. I don't really see what the problem is, I guess.

The only reason it seemed any different in TBC is because the stuff in TBC was a lot harder to get through and not many people were actually getting into Sunwell.

hobart said:
Attempts is a completely different issue... and to that (especially for someone on Oceanic or anyone in a guild with people that have bad connections -- it happens) I can totally understand why you'd have a problem with it.

To my fault... I didn't mean "everyone," even tho I said it. And it was in response to something Grimace had said before. I'm sorry you got so hurt by it. If you've been following the thread, however, perhaps you, too, can get the feeling that many on these boards (and, sure, those that hold the "I want all of ICC now" opinion) feel like adding wing-by-wing in 2 week periods will leave them in limbo... or not give them enough content... or string them along. What I'm saying is: most guilds will most likely be wiping on the first wing during the first couple of weeks anyway... so... what does it really matter if the whole instance is out or not?

Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, my major problem is "gating" attempts in normal. I genuinely worry about the morale (for want of a better word) of a guild like mine with the attempt system. I'm most definitely not having a sook about the gating of the wings themselves, as it's unlikely that we'd be seeing past the first one for a long time, you're right about that.

I wasn't really all that offended honestly, I was just in the middle of my first coffee for the day so I was still feeling a little grumpy.

Angry Grimace said:
You could say the same thing about the entire expansion process as a rule. It's all released episodically. They *could* simply release full dungeon sets at a time and then immediately start working on another expansion, but they don't and never have. I don't really see what the problem is, I guess.

The only reason it seemed any different in TBC is because the stuff in TBC was a lot harder to get through and not many people were actually getting into Sunwell.

You're right, of course, and I'm sure that the feeling that we've been waiting for the conclusion to Arthas' story since Warcraft 3 contributes significantly to the frustration. It could all be fine, and a month from now I'll be wondering what I was worried about.

At this point though, the attempts in normal look like a mistake that will put a strain on guilds. At the moment two of our tanks are having massive connection problems and I've already noticed a rift forming between people who think we should stop bringing them to raids and people who are their friends and demand that they be included.

Anyway, I've said my piece, and I certainly don't agree with the "Activision is the EVIL EMPIRE corrupting our BLIZZARD" garbage. I've been raiding since MC so I know that they have a history of doing these kinds of things without any external influences.

Angry Grimace

I think a lot of it is perception based on your raiding philosophy and how long you've actually been farming ToC. From my perspective, you have to realize, I predicted the gating to some degree and stopped raiding ToC entirely because I wasn't gaining any enjoyment out of it any longer. Yes, I still have my Circle of Death from Sapphiron-10, but what do I care?

From my perspective, the difference between farming ToC till the cows come home and farming Icecrown's first wing are as vast as the Atlantic. ToC was essentially on farm from ~2 weeks after Anub'arak opened with no realistic expectation that Icecrown would release for multiple months. We're talking what, 4 or 5 weeks, in which I may not even necessarily have all of those bosses down?

Tamanon

Banned
I'll just be happy for more chances to get a >200 caster trinket worth a damn, I'm still stuck with Forge Ember/Abyssal Rune.

Evlar

Banned
And I'll be happy to see one or two more healer off-hand items dropping (including a nice piece confirmed to drop in 5-man).

Tamanon

Banned
evlcookie said:
Damn that vodka made video on the front of mmo-champion got me excited :lol . Really well done.

Yeah it was pretty swanky, especially how they used Jaina's voice. Some of those fights just look fun, and the dungeons themselves look amazing.

Angry Grimace said:
I think a lot of it is perception based on your raiding philosophy and how long you've actually been farming ToC. From my perspective, you have to realize, I predicted the gating to some degree and stopped raiding ToC entirely because I wasn't gaining any enjoyment out of it any longer. Yes, I still have my Circle of Death from Sapphiron-10, but what do I care?

From my perspective, the difference between farming ToC till the cows come home and farming Icecrown's first wing are as vast as the Atlantic. ToC was essentially on farm from ~2 weeks after Anub'arak opened with no realistic expectation that Icecrown would release for multiple months. We're talking what, 4 or 5 weeks, in which I may not even necessarily have all of those bosses down?

I'm in much the same boat actually. ToC is my least favourite instance Blizzard has ever put into WoW, and I say that without reservation. Boring instance with terrible itemisation and fights that test your ability to cheese recount more than anything else.

In that regard, I'm still looking forward to IC quite a lot. Besides playing around with hard-mode 10-man stuff I haven't been enjoying raiding much since ToC hit the scene.

Tamanon said:
I'll just be happy for more chances to get a >200 caster trinket worth a damn, I'm still stuck with Forge Ember/Abyssal Rune.

My latest acquisition was a Solace of the Defeated, which finally replaced my Spark of Hope. Not great for DPS casters obviously but I just felt the need to gloat because I love it!

edit:

Evlar said:
And I'll be happy to see one or two more healer off-hand items dropping (including a nice piece confirmed to drop in 5-man).

Off-hands have been utterly abysmal in wrath. I was using a Naxxramas 10-man one all the way up until I got my pimp cup from the Twins.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Nevermelting Ice Crystal
Epic
Binds when picked up
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 232
Equip: Increases spell power by 111.
Increases your critical strike rating by 920 for 20 sec. Every time one of your non-periodic spells deals a critical strike, the bonus is reduced by 184 critical strike rating. (3 Min Cooldown)

Drops from: Lord Tyrannus, Pit of Saron, 5-man heroic.

Purified Lunar Dust
Epic
Binds when picked up
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 264
Equip: Increases spell power by 153.
Your spell casts have a chance to grant 304 mana per 5 sec for 15 sec.

(Emblems, but obviously healer oriented)

Maghia's Misguided Quill
Epic
Binds when picked up
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 264
Equip: Improves hit rating by 152.
Increases spell power by 716 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)
"Incapable of Scribing the Truth"

(Emblems, but meh in terms of how good it is)

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I'm pretty damn sick of Blizzard's fetish with making emblem trinkets have a shitload of hit when we're pretty much capped already.

That ice crystal will be nice, especially as a boomkin. Pop that during Solar Eclipse and you'll get the increased crit and increased chance to transition right into a lunar.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I'm pretty damn sick of Blizzard's fetish with making emblem trinkets have a shitload of hit when we're pretty much capped already.

That ice crystal will be nice, especially as a boomkin. Pop that during Solar Eclipse and you'll get the increased crit and increased chance to transition right into a lunar.
Dislodged Foreign Object
Binds when picked up
Unique: Dislodged Foreign Object (1)
Unique
Miscellaneous
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 264
Equip: Improves haste rating by 155.
Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to increase your spell power by 105 and an additional 105 every 2.0 sec for 20 sec.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
Gilneas Starting Info + Screenshots (New INFO)
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5632
My Worgen mage is gonna pwn :lol

My buddy in guild always says, "why would you want a Worgen...their racials suck."

As though I roll races for competitive advantages, as opposed to reasons like, "gnomes are too short," or "I want to hear the Ruler of the Bracelet" joke.

Angry Grimace

I still don't understand why in Cataclysm there's Expertise AND hit rating.

It seems like the same effect would be created if you simply increased the miss rate for skulls to 14.5% and had to cap hit that far and removed dodges from behind.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
I still don't understand why in Cataclysm there's Expertise AND hit rating.

It seems like the same effect would be created if you simply increased the miss rate for skulls to 14.5% and had to cap hit that far and removed dodges from behind.
Expertise and Armor Pen are being merged into a stat called Mastery.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mastery

But mastery also seems to change per class.

Yaweee

Xabora said:
Expertise and Armor Pen are being merged into a stat called Mastery.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mastery

But mastery also seems to change per class.

Mastery changes per tree, technically. Each point put into a talent tree increases your Mastery of that type, and increasing Mastery gives a selection of bonuses appropriate to that tree.

From the Wowwiki examples,

A sample rogue:
* Assassination (15 talent point): +10% Melee Damage, +2% Melee Crit, +5% Poison Damage
* Combat (51 talent points): +72% Melee Damage, +5% Melee Hit, +10% Armor Penetration
* Subtlety (5 talent points): +4% Melee Damage, +1% Melee Haste, +0.5% Energy Regeneration

A sample paladin:
* Holy (0 talent points): +0% Healing, +0% Spell Crit, +0% Crit Heal
* Protection (13 talent points): +3% Damage Taken (probably a typo), +3% Health, +2% Block Amount
* Retribution (58 talent points): +75% Melee Damage, +10% Melee Crit, -12% ability cooldown

There's additional Mastery from gear, I guess? Blizzard hasn't shown how that works exactly, or whether it is across the board to all three bonuses or a particular one.

Cipherr

So glad hunters dont have to deal with expertise. I think its ridiculous. But heres hoping its made less clunky by mastery.

Tamanon

Banned
And the problem with Expertise is that with enhancement shammies, it's really tough to get their required expertise, just because they share a decent amount of gear with hunters.

Tamanon said:
And the problem with Expertise is that with enhancement shammies, it's really tough to get their required expertise, just because they share a decent amount of gear with hunters.

Not really, we just have to gem for it. However, tier 10 will be our first set with ZERO expertise so...that'll suck.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Woot I finally survived all the way through the Heigan dance! By the end of the fight it was just me, the tank, and the 2 healers.

border

sykoex said:
Woot I finally survived all the way through the Heigan dance! By the end of the fight it was just me, the tank, and the 2 healers.
Still my favorite fight in that whole instance......it's also one of those rare fights that actually gets easier when people die :lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
That guy really has no idea what he's talking about. All of the Activision finger-pointing is laughable.
It's not like people weren't bitching about WoW, before the activision buy-out.:lol
And charging for race changes or faction changes is no different from charging for server transfers or name changes. (all of which happened before the activision buy-out). Not exactly sure on the second part though, did it happen before or after the activision buy-out?

Macattk15 said:
I'm just so bored of combat. Now that I don't even use Rupture ... it's spam SS - Eviscerate - Keep S&D up.

I'm sure Mutilate isn't much different .... but man, Combat feels so boring to me.

Mutilate is way more boring than the rupture-less Combat thing. Hunger for blood lasts so long and SnD is being automatically refreshed with envenom so most of what you're doing is mut to 5 rupture, mut to 5 envenom. At least with Combat you get things like blade flurry, Adrenaline Rush, and Killing Spree to keep things interesting.

Assassination is way OP on the PTR right now though. I got like a 700 DPS increase on the heroic dummy and I've never played Assassination for more than like 15 minutes and I'm not even halfway to being expertise capped. That shit's probably going to get nerfed quick.

Do you need WotLK for Cataclysm?

I'm pretty new to WoW and my account ends somewhere in December, and I think I'll just continue playing when Cataclysm comes.

Tamanon

Banned
GasProblem said:
Do you need WotLK for Cataclysm?

I'm pretty new to WoW and my account ends somewhere in December, and I think I'll just continue playing when Cataclysm comes.

Yes you do, you need each expansion to play the next one because of the way the level cap works.

Yaweee

Well, many of the changes are coming regardless of whether you own Cataclysm or not. The 1-60 leveling is getting overhauled with the 4.0 patch that everybody gets.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Tamanon said:

I know, eh? :\

I'm still rocking Abyssal Rune and Illustration of the Dragon Soul. I keep losing the roll on the Reign of the Unliving.

Grimace forgot Muradin's Spyglass:
Muradin's Spyglass
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 80
Item Level 251
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 131 (2.85% @ L80).
Equip: Each time you deal spell damage to an opponent, you gain 18 spell power for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.

I really don't get why Blizz does this with trinkets and cloaks and such. They'll make 1 trinket or cloak drop throughout an entire dungeon that EVERY SINGLE caster dps or melee dps wants, thus making it seemingly impossible to upgrade these slots. I'm in all 245 gear except my cloak and neck and trinkets =/

Kyoufu

Oni Link 666 said:
Mutilate is way more boring than the rupture-less Combat thing. Hunger for blood lasts so long and SnD is being automatically refreshed with envenom so most of what you're doing is mut to 5 rupture, mut to 5 envenom. At least with Combat you get things like blade flurry, Adrenaline Rush, and Killing Spree to keep things interesting.

Assassination is way OP on the PTR right now though. I got like a 700 DPS increase on the heroic dummy and I've never played Assassination for more than like 15 minutes and I'm not even halfway to being expertise capped. That shit's probably going to get nerfed quick.

It doesn't matter which spec you're playing as, Rogue is just in general dull and boring as hell. ;(

Belfast

funkmastergeneral said:
I really don't get why Blizz does this with trinkets and cloaks and such. They'll make 1 trinket or cloak drop throughout an entire dungeon that EVERY SINGLE caster dps or melee dps wants, thus making it seemingly impossible to upgrade these slots. I'm in all 245 gear except my cloak and neck and trinkets =/

I think that's the point, to promote some level of competition or add "specialness" to the non-essential gear spots (well, they're essential, but they all fall into the "accessory" category most RPGs employ).

Note how the drop rates on things like trinkets also tend to be very low. Most of the good cloaks come out of the ToC tribute chest, etc.

In terms of guild dynamics, they can be a very good source of income (paying for BoE items, or putting them on the AH) and DKP (excessive bidding, since everybody wants it, meaning all those extra points get put back into the guild economy).

It's not a perfect system. It certainly has its faults, but I can see why things are the way they are.

Kyoufu said:
It doesn't matter which spec you're playing as, Rogue is just in general dull and boring as hell. ;(
Yeah, Rogues are, as far as I can tell, the easiest class to do good DPS with. The rotation for any spec is just so simple and needs something to spice it up. Let's hope Blizz can give Rogues something new and interesting with Cataclysm and the way they're redoing talent trees.

Tamanon

Banned
Orbitcube said:
Yeah, Rogues are, as far as I can tell, the easiest class to do good DPS with. The rotation for any spec is just so simple and needs something to spice it up. Let's hope Blizz can give Rogues something new and interesting with Cataclysm and the way they're redoing talent trees.

Eh, mages are just as simple. ABx4 Missile Barrage, repeat.

Xabora said:
>_>

Back off on topic, I can see this being the Worgen Dance theme.
Although it does have a light piratey background theme to the style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm4EpiD2rrI
Huh? To be honest, I don't see the connection between Worgen and Jump/Hardstyle, besides maybe a slight horror theme in some of the songs.

If/when the dance studio comes into the game, I could see some of these dances becoming parts that you can use to make dances but I can't see them becoming part of a racial dance just yet.

Xabora

av0m5c.jpg

20k7x47.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom