• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Argh is there a DC bug on anub when the ads spawn on 25 H? I haven't had any problems until now.

This is so frustrating.

evlcookie said:
Argh is there a DC bug on anub when the ads spawn on 25 H? I haven't had any problems until now.

This is so frustrating.
I've had so many problems with DCs, generally when adds spawn, throughout the whole of LK. Although it seems like I'm the only one it happens to, it seems that's not the case (according to that 'Six Words that Terrify Blizzard' article on the second paragraph under Attempts). This has only been a problem since this expansion, and I assume it's just from the huge amount of data that can get sent through on 25 man raids at once (i.e. while AoEing down adds). I think once it reaches the limit of how much data can get sent through your connection at one time, even for a couple of milliseconds, you DC. I don't know why it's only happening now, but it's really pissing me off.

I don't know if that's your problem, but it definitely seems related with the adds part.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea that sounds about right although i don't know why it's only happening on anub. I had no issues with ony when they decided to pull just about all the whelps for that silly achievement :lol .

40 whelps didn't kill me but 4 adds do! How convenient.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually think it's tied to other players' addons and their requests for information. Because I have yet to ever DC on adds, even doing the Many Whelps achievement.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Tamanon said:
I actually think it's tied to other players' addons and their requests for information. Because I have yet to ever DC on adds, even doing the Many Whelps achievement.

Same which is why this is so odd. I have the fubar addon running now that shows who is requesting what, even though i'm not in the raid at this point in time. Just going by guild messages nothing seems to be over the top, one guy is using carbonite which is pumping out the most messages but nothing major.

edit: Argh why did i decide to kinda come back. Guy in our guild for whatever reason is just the bigger fuckwit going around at the moment, doesn't seem to like the idea of me coming back or whatever. It doesn't bother me, i could push his buttons and get a bit of fun out of that but i don't think i can be bothered. The game is so eh right now and when there's dickheads around, it makes you hate the game even more.

I've been back 1 week and i already can't stand it :lol

So I quit after season 6 my team got 2k rating. I was an elemental shaman pre-patch so we were terrible at pvp lol and I got full furious but I just couldn't take how unbalanced the game was. Deathknights in pvp were so op it was a joke and Priest Mage Rogue, if decent could not be beat no matter what. Now I am really craving coming back, but I know I will regret it :lol My main problem is that they keep adding new content so soon. Sure this may seem like a good thing, but if I raid or arena seriously and get the best gear I am outdated and a brand new 80 is almost on par with me after a couple weeks. I guess I will go back to diablo 2 lol I started again a week ago and I am already level 95 with the best gear possible :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
arts&crafts said:
So I quit after season 6 my team got 2k rating. I was an elemental shaman pre-patch so we were terrible at pvp lol and I got full furious but I just couldn't take how unbalanced the game was. Deathknights in pvp were so op it was a joke and Priest Mage Rogue, if decent could not be beat no matter what. Now I am really craving coming back, but I know I will regret it :lol My main problem is that they keep adding new content so soon. Sure this may seem like a good thing, but if I raid or arena seriously and get the best gear I am outdated and a brand new 80 is almost on par with me after a couple weeks. I guess I will go back to diablo 2 lol I started again a week ago and I am already level 95 with the best gear possible :(

That's the most retarded thing I've heard all morning. What someone else does and what someone else gets has 0 influence on your gameplay. If you have fun in wow because you can stand around and get all the little noobs sending you tells about how good your gear is, then you're playing the wrong game.

It was a mistake to have such a gap between fresh 60s and fresh 70s and people who were ass deep in the raiding content. If you were behind you were behind and you weren't going to catch up unless you spent a lot of time getting pugs to run through Kara AGAIN.

-Do Have fun playing the game as it comes out.
-Don't have fun getting ahead of new people and rubbing it in their faces.

Cipherr

arts&crafts said:

Yeah the content comes fast, but your looking at it, glass half empty. The same way those new 80s can gear up for current content easily, so can you.

The barrier of entry is lowered for EVERYONE not just the new 80s, that includes you. Put in a little time and youll have a new set of gear top to bottom thats above the average in no time.

LAUGHTREY said:
That's the most retarded thing I've heard all morning. What someone else does and what someone else gets has 0 influence on your gameplay. If you have fun in wow because you can stand around and get all the little noobs sending you tells about how good your gear is, then you're playing the wrong game.

It was a mistake to have such a gap between fresh 60s and fresh 70s and people who were ass deep in the raiding content. If you were behind you were behind and you weren't going to catch up unless you spent a lot of time getting pugs to run through Kara AGAIN.

-Do Have fun playing the game as it comes out.
-Don't have fun getting ahead of new people and rubbing it in their faces.

Well I am on a terrible server and there are no good raids or people, so really when I do raid its either fail or it is really rewarding. But you want something as a reward after spending literally days of playing time taking down a boss. Then a patch comes out and Johnny5 goes and kills the nerfed boss in his greens and gets a weapon that I spent weeks working towards. I never used to sit in Dalaran and inspect people but its about getting some type of reward for logging the hours and dedication to kill a hard boss. Either way I was more refering to arena season after season. I work to get 2100 and get the shoulders lets say, then a patch comes out a week after that and 1500 people can get the same shoulders. Its not about me caring that they have the shoulders because I want to be the only having them, but it makes it harder to kill someone in the best gear.

Puncture said:
Yeah the content comes fast, but your looking at it, glass half empty. The same way those new 80s can gear up for current content easily, so can you.

The barrier of entry is lowered for EVERYONE not just the new 80s, that includes you. Put in a little time and youll have a new set of gear top to bottom thats above the average in no time.

Perhaps you are right. Maybe I will change factions and servers and start over somewhere with a good fun guild. I pretty much play wow by myself lol

Xabora

LAUGHTREY said:
Took you long enough.
We had a rough group, for quite a few months we had to keep rotating people in and out because NO ONE wanted to be with our group... until we had about 3 or 4 achievements left on the drake.
Then people came out of nowhere wanting in on it. :lol

Anyways, due to that we were able to build a stable enough group to get it.

Xabora said:
We had a rough group, for quite a few months we had to keep rotating people in and out because NO ONE wanted to be with our group... until we had about 3 or 4 achievements left on the drake.

Yeah i hear you. There are still a few people in my guild (out of the people who were interested in trying for all the hardmodes) that are missing either 1 light or firefighter, but it's hard to get a group for it anymore. People are so burned out on ulduuar.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Xabora said:

We had a few people come in and out as we were just messing around with the fights and learning how to do it, then one night we decided we wanted to get it done and did just about every single achievement in one go start to finish.

1 light only took us 4 hours from never trying to finally getting it down. Firefighter took us about 100 wipes in ulduar gear, when we had T9 we did it in like 2 tries.

I think when we wiped a bunch we didn't have any ranged that could stay alive until phase 3.

Blackface

Banned
Installed the HDR lighting mod and it made the game look fucking INSANE when properly adjusted.

The loading screens/starting screen look retarded (b/c it applies the lighting to everything), however the actually game, especially at night or in dungeons is awesome with HDR lightning.

Blizz really needs to put a properly adjusted version in to the game.

Swag

Blackface said:
Installed the HDR lighting mod and it made the game look fucking INSANE when properly adjusted.

SWEET JESUS this mod is awesome, some things just look wierd but damn it really ups the quality in places like Howling Fjord and Crystalsong. What custom configs did you do?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Blackface said:

The loading screens/starting screen look retarded (b/c it applies the lighting to everything), however the actually game, especially at night or in dungeons is awesome with HDR lightning.

Blizz really needs to put a properly adjusted version in to the game.

assplain yourself

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Started an arena team on my Priest for the lulz.

Augh, I need some kind of Arena guide, because we went 7-11 on our first try. Damn Arcane mages just blow me the fuck up since I have 0 resil...the problem is, the only way to get resil is to win matches. :lol

Epic 277 rating!

Part of the problem here is that the low end of the bracket rarely involves staying alive for very long. WTB at least 500 resil.

Doing some research on the first ICC wing in preparation for tomorrow lolol patch day DCs Wednesday. I had watched the videos and briefly read the descriptions before, but I'm actually paying attention now...and wow, some of these fights sound fun. I can't fucking wait for the Gunship fight. Sounds epic. Imagine a 40 man version of that fffuuuuuuu

Belfast

Personally, I think the HDR is WAAYYYY overbright. You'd nearly blind yourself with the white, vaseline-smeared landscape of Dragonblight. It looks alright in some areas. Turn it on for some screenshots, maybe, but it's not worth playing with.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
PhoenixDark said:
Doing some research on the first ICC wing in preparation for tomorrow lolol patch day DCs Wednesday. I had watched the videos and briefly read the descriptions before, but I'm actually paying attention now...and wow, some of these fights sound fun. I can't fucking wait for the Gunship fight. Sounds epic. Imagine a 40 man version of that fffuuuuuuu
Just remember it's not a guarantee that Patch day will be tomorrow.

Consider it likely though. The reasoning in my mind is that the Christmas event starts on the NEXT week, and I don't consider it likely they will drop a content patch the same week as a holiday event that's required for the meta-achievement, even if it's longer than normal.

Xabora

Belfast said:
Personally, I think the HDR is WAAYYYY overbright. You'd nearly blind yourself with the white, vaseline-smeared landscape of Dragonblight. It looks alright in some areas. Turn it on for some screenshots, maybe, but it's not worth playing with.
Thats because its a tweaked config file from the ENB Series shader hook.

Snag the original version and tweak it from there.

Also, its not like ATI did this with their earlier series drivers with the SmartShader Hook.

Angry Grimace said:
Started an arena team on my Priest for the lulz.

Augh, I need some kind of Arena guide, because we went 7-11 on our first try. Damn Arcane mages just blow me the fuck up since I have 0 resil...the problem is, the only way to get resil is to win matches. :lol

Epic 277 rating!

Part of the problem here is that the low end of the bracket rarely involves staying alive for very long. WTB at least 500 resil.

Yea you are going to need resilience or just get your mage rogue(if it is 3's im not sure what you are playing in) to rape someone really fast. My eleshaman did ele, boomkin, priest in season 6 and until like 1750 we killed people to fast for them to heal or bubble. Then with people with over 1000 resillience, they dont die and i am squishy :(

Tamanon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

After my ToC group decided to dick around in Ulduar since we were finally going to let the raid ID lapse because of the patch last night, I'm convinced that we might never make it past the first wing in 25-man mode. Situational awareness seems pretty huge in most of these fights.

Blackface

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
I can't even get the game to load, it crashes on start.

Make sure you have Direct X 9.

It doesn't drop your FPS or anything. You might need to configure it how you want it. Since it's basically overlaying HDR lighting, some things will be overly bright because the designers didn't modify the actual game for it.

That being said, at night, it makes everything look way better.

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
After my ToC group decided to dick around in Ulduar since we were finally going to let the raid ID lapse because of the patch last night, I'm convinced that we might never make it past the first wing in 25-man mode. Situational awareness seems pretty huge in most of these fights.
Oddity: Your raid IDs never appear to lapse unless you restart it under a different ID. It's weird, I still have Naxxramas IDs from months ago in there with the option to restart them. I'm not sure how that works.

Lore Oddities:

Has anyone ever noticed that despite his claimed superiority and awesomeness, Arthas as the Lich King is pretty much a huge butt monkey? He basically never does anything other than pop out of a portal every once in a while to tell you he's going to kill you (despite NOT actually killing you, and even the one time he does in HF, he obviously knows it's not a permanent death and you have to actually go to HIM to die, he doesn't come after you) after you murder all of his companions and come meet him at his throne, despite the fact it would be a lot more effective to simply pop into the middle of Dalaran and pwn everyone. Not to mention, the one time he gets a competent lieutenant, (Drakuru) he murders him after failing once, threatens to kill you, but then wanders off to go sit around in this throne room doing nothing and letting you accumulate more epic loot. I mean, what the hell was the Lich King doing during the 8 years from the end of WCIII to now? Just sitting on that stupid ice-throne?

I sure hope the actual Lich King fight at least mentions the Ner'zhul part of the Lich King (who the game apparently just forgot was half of the Lich King, even if Arthas was conveniently placed as the dominant personlity). The fact that Ner'zhul is mentioned approximately twice during the entire World of Warcraft game is kind of silly; the LK mentions, "I was once a shaman" during a quest, and
Uther
mentions his name once during the Halls of Reflection event. No idea what the actual LK fight entails, but it would be pretty cool if the event somehow got you to split the personalities out of the LK and you could fight Arthas and Ner'zhul separately.

Xabora

Angry Grimace said:
Oddity: Your raid IDs never appear to lapse unless you restart it under a different ID. It's weird, I still have Naxxramas IDs from months ago in there with the option to restart them. I'm not sure how that works.

Lore Oddities:

Has anyone ever noticed that despite his claimed superiority and awesomeness, Arthas as the Lich King is pretty much a huge butt monkey? He basically never does anything other than pop out of a portal every once in a while to tell you he's going to kill you (despite NOT actually killing you, and even the one time he does in HF, he obviously knows it's not a permanent death and you have to actually go to HIM to die, he doesn't come after you) after you murder all of his companions and come meet him at his throne, despite the fact it would be a lot more effective to simply pop into the middle of Dalaran and pwn everyone. Not to mention, the one time he gets a competent lieutenant, (Drakuru) he murders him after failing once, threatens to kill you, but then wanders off to go sit around in this throne room doing nothing and letting you accumulate more epic loot. I mean, what the hell was the Lich King doing during the 8 years from the end of WCIII to now? Just sitting on that stupid ice-throne?

I sure hope the actual Lich King fight at least mentions the Ner'zhul part of the Lich King (who the game apparently just forgot was half of the Lich King, even if Arthas was conveniently placed as the dominant personlity). The fact that Ner'zhul is mentioned approximately twice during the entire World of Warcraft game is kind of silly; the LK mentions, "I was once a shaman" during a quest, and
Uther
mentions his name once during the Halls of Reflection event. No idea what the actual LK fight entails, but it would be pretty cool if the event somehow got you to split the personalities out of the LK and you could fight Arthas and Ner'zhul separately.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOverlord

'nuff said

PhoenixDark said:

I don't know who to believe, but according to the Wow forums most guilds should be able to blow through the first 2 bosses in ICC with relative ease. Supposedly the gunship is an easy fight that just requires a lot of coordination, and Saurfang will be a bitch. But others say Saurfang is easy so who knows.

Angry Grimace

Epix said:
Im surprised the patch cinematic hasn't been leaked yet if it is infact coming tomorrow.
As I said, I would expect it wasn't coming if it weren't for the fact I didn't think they'd overlap it with the holiday events but it's entirely possible Blizzard doesn't really care. I mean, I don't care, so perhaps they don't.

If they are actually planning to not release it tomorrow they should have at least run a few more "tests" to shut the community up; i.e., "We're doing more Valithria Dreamwalker tests!" Even if they were just ruses, nothing causes people to moan and groan like a failure to launch a patch when expected. You will see serious rage if it doens't go up, even in this thread. We will not be pleased.

Tamanon

Banned
Epix said:
Im surprised the patch cinematic hasn't been leaked yet if it is infact coming tomorrow.

I don't think the cinematic will be a patch introduction, but will actually be in-game at the end of the 5-mans.

Angry Grimace

MMO champion says tomorrow. Not official, but he's also been wrong 0 times with regards to patch releases and leaks so far in WotLK. :lol

Angry Grimace said:
MMO champion says tomorrow. Not official, but he's also been wrong 0 times with regards to patch releases and leaks so far in WotLK. :lol

Yeah, I'm glad they made it before the holidays. I was starting to get worried they were going to wait until after the new year to deploy the first round of ICC bosses.

Well, as a mut rogue I'll enjoy the first few days of this until we get nerfed back to normal.

Tamanon

Banned
Enchant Weapon - Black Magic: This enchantment now sometimes increases haste rating for the caster rather than inflicting the caster’s target with a damage-over-time effect. It is also now triggered by landing any harmful spell rather than inflicting damage with a spell.

Hmm....I wonder what the amount of haste and cooldown/uptime is on this. Wonder if it might compete with a straight spellpower enchant.

And yeah, he stopped couching the whole patch release with his "as long as nothing goes wrong" so it's coming tomorrow for sure.

Also, wow.com is posting that they've got confirmation of it coming tomorrow.

Lets say I do happen to come back this holiday season, what would be a better fit for upcoming raids and pvp. My 80 elemental Shaman (some uldar 25gear, full furious) or my 80 rogue (some naxx25gear, 0 pvp) For just roaming and farming mobs my rogue is more fun :lol but that is not what wow is about.

Tamanon

Banned
The Rogue will be better for raids, if only because there are soooooo many shaman raiding already and rogues will do higher dps.

Plus, almost all rogues seem to have rerolled deathknight.

Tamanon said:
The Rogue will be better for raids, if only because there are soooooo many shaman raiding already and rogues will do higher dps.

Plus, almost all rogues seem to have rerolled deathknight.

Yea my rogue was my main, maxed fishing, cooking and got the time lost proto drake :lol I guess going back wont be so hard. The question is, where can I start if I come back? I mean my weapons are shit, they are from 10naxx at best. Can i do the TOC or LK 5mans or will they be to hard for my undergearedness?

Tamanon

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom