• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaweee

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
How can anyone still be in leveling greens and blues? Just having done a few Battlegrounds gives you enough honor to buy an epic, and grinding rep for a week with any faction will give you level 80 blues and enough money to buy a BOE epic.

I know I was overwhelmed and had no idea what to do next and how to get epics when I got to 80, but I figured it out quickly and was surprised at just how easy it is to get epics now. I'm not saying it's easy to gear up to meet that "Epic" achievement, but you should at least have a couple decent pieces on you without really even trying.

I hit 80 with this character last night at around 8pm. I've gotten some blues from faction and Icecrown, but not enough for a full set, and I'm saving up my money now for my epic flyer.

EDIT: Well, okay, I have some of my epic level 70 season whatever Arena gear still. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
funkmastergeneral said:
People that just hit 80? I started queuing up for heroics the second I hit 80 on my shaman.

I was going to reply this, but yeah... not everyone has been lvl 80 for months or even a week. :lol

Evlar

Banned
Yaweee said:
I hit 80 with this character last night at around 8pm. I've gotten some blues from faction and Icecrown, but not enough for a full set, and I'm saving up my money now for my epic flyer.
Nevertheless you're probably going to get clobbered in the Icecrown heroics (or even normal modes). Blizzard has made leaping onto the raiding progression much, much easier than it used to be- it used to take fairly dedicated players months of grinding for rep and gear to score a raid slot. Still it isn't so easy that you can be successful in the hardest 5-mans in the game wearing quest equipment itemized from three patches previous. If you do succeed on those terms it will be with several other people with much better gear working much harder to keep the party viable.

Seriously, it should take just a week or two of effort to put together a set for Icecrown 5-man without spending a cent... in fact, you'll probably make money in the process.

Flib

While I'm not coming back to raid, I resubscribed to do the new dungeons and work on gearing out my DK tank. I'm really having trouble getting to Defense Cap though, seems like it's really tough to get enough rating.

Bisnic

I have been 80 for two weeks.

I have 3 80s and the other 2 that aren't my shaman are played much more. I'm not going to play and gear up my new lvl 80 shaman as much as someone who have 1 lvl 80. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people who have been playing for months/years. + I am Alliance, i don't do battlegrounds, they're frustrating with this faction. I only get my honor with Wintergrasp quests and stone keeper shards. :lol

FLEABttn

Banned
Flib said:
While I'm not coming back to raid, I resubscribed to do the new dungeons and work on gearing out my DK tank. I'm really having trouble getting to Defense Cap though, seems like it's really tough to get enough rating.

When I geared up my warrior to do tanking, it felt that way for a while. Eventually though you'll be trying to shed it left and right because you have too much.

Bisnic

It's really not that hard to get defense cap. If your gear doesn't give you enough, you have plenty of enchants and gems to help.

I play a Tankadin and i was wondering if 40k health unbuffed and i'm also def capped. I was wondering if that sounds able to tank for IC? B/c my guild is gay i guess they won't let me tank for one of our 2 groups b/c they said i should have 43k unbuffed. I already have almost as much gear as i could get before IC and i'm 450 BS/JC and have all my stuff faction enchanted, slotted with awesome gems and extra slotted. I'm not sure how i could get any better lol

JoeFu

Banned
elitehebrew said:
I play a Tankadin and i was wondering if 40k health unbuffed and i'm also def capped. I was wondering if that sounds able to tank for IC? B/c my guild is gay i guess they won't let me tank for one of our 2 groups b/c they said i should have 43k unbuffed. I already have almost as much gear as i could get before IC and i'm 450 BS/JC and have all my stuff faction enchanted, slotted with awesome gems and extra slotted. I'm not sure how i could get any better lol

Wow tanks have 40k unbuffed now? Wtf?

I'm barely at 30k :(

Bisnic

JoeFu said:
Wow tanks have 40k unbuffed now? Wtf?

I'm barely at 30k :(

Those tanks are probably in full TOC 25/Heroic TOC raid gear.

My prot warrior is personnaly at 36k unbuffed with alot of epic 226 gear and a few 232/245, but i also have alot of Stamina gems. :lol

JoeFu

Banned
Haha, I'm still in 10man naxx stuff and some badge loot. I barely play and I stopped for about 3 months. Hopefully I can get some nice gear from the new 5mans.

Belfast

Weenerz said:
Extended maintenance, easily predictable.

I'm not at all surprised, but why do they never seem to account for this ahead of time? *They* know when they're going to release patches on live servers, so why not bolster the serves ahead of time? You'd think they'd know what potential problems could be encountered by now.

Evlar

Banned
Belfast said:
I'm not at all surprised, but why do they never seem to account for this ahead of time? *They* know when they're going to release patches on live servers, so why not bolster the serves ahead of time? You'd think they'd know what potential problems could be encountered by now.
Don't know about anyone else but my server began to experience database lag and other glitches beginning at about 10pm server time (8pm Pacific). It continued with varying severity until I logged off about half an hour prior to server shutdown. I'm convinced they began applying changes for the patch at least that early.

Evlar said:
Don't know about anyone else but my server began to experience database lag and other glitches beginning at about 10pm server time (8pm Pacific). It continued with varying severity until I logged off about half an hour prior to server shutdown. I'm convinced they began applying changes for the patch at least that early.
Same thing happened to my server at pretty much the same time. It definitely felt like they were doing something.

Blackface

Banned
JoeFu said:
Haha, I'm still in 10man naxx stuff and some badge loot. I barely play and I stopped for about 3 months. Hopefully I can get some nice gear from the new 5mans.

If you are a caster you could get Merlins Robe + Bejeweled bracers made dirt cheap now that the patch hit.

Acid08

Banned
Ah ok thanks. I guess I was too optimistic when I thought the servers would actually go up at 11 like Blizz promised :lol

CAW

Is anyone (US) looking/building a regular 5 man group? I've re-subbed and am in a fairly large guild but I find at times it's hard to find a h toc (and other heroics) group because people have either already done it earlier in the day or some people normally stick to their usual group of friends/whatever.

I know 3.3 will introduce a new dungeon group system so perhaps things will be better with that.

I have an 80 hunter, pally and DK. I'd be willing to use either with whatever spec is needed.

Currently on the Fizzcrank server, Horde side. Willing to transfer though.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't think any realms are online at the moment.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/realmstatus/ & http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21626384170&sid=1

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Acid08 said:
Ah ok thanks. I guess I was too optimistic when I thought the servers would actually go up at 11 like Blizz promised :lol
Maybe 11 AM in Hawaii

CAW

Ganhyun said:
Man I need to hurry up and get my Lock to 80 so I can start doing some of that stuff.

*Currently at 74 and shittily geared :cry
You could starting doing battle grounds (av especially) and get some honor points for quick lvl 213 epics which will make running heroics (especially heroic trials of the champion) much easier. You'd be surprised how fast you can get the BG set and how fast you'll replace it.

pxleyes

Banned
And the official forums go down. Say goodnight every major fan site.

:lol MMO-Champion crashes not 60 seconds after the official forums crash.

Belfast

pxleyes said:

Hurrah! Project Lore is still up! Nobody reads us anyway, though. :(

Retro

pxleyes said:

According to Wow.com, the Blizzard Twitter is reporting another hour of maintenance. Is anybody really surprised on patch days? Even when the realms come back up, there will be the usual smattering of server resets, server shutdowns, disconnects, and world server crashes. Not to mention the usual bugs and glitches that come with the patch; little things like certain spells breaking, animation issues, etc.

I never plan to play WoW the week of a major patch. I'm not a hardcore raider, so the only thing I'm missing is taking a crack at the new 5-mans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How can anyone still be in leveling greens and blues? Just having done a few Battlegrounds gives you enough honor to buy an epic, and grinding rep for a week with any faction will give you level 80 blues and enough money to buy a BOE epic.

I know I was overwhelmed and had no idea what to do next and how to get epics when I got to 80, but I figured it out quickly and was surprised at just how easy it is to get epics now. I'm not saying it's easy to gear up to meet that "Epic" achievement, but you should at least have a couple decent pieces on you without really even trying.
It's about 151209512095 times faster to just champion those factions instead of actually grinding them. And if you champion then, you'll have better gear by badges then they even offer.

Yaweee

Is there a reason why Titansteel or Saronite ore would go up in price with the patch? I've got a steady supply of the first coming and a shitton of the latter stored up.

I don't know if people noticed, but reputation gain with most of the original Wrath factions has been upped by roughly 30%. My assumption is that what used to give 15 per kill gives 20 per kill, and what used to 250 per quest/kill gives 350.

Evlar

Banned
Yaweee said:
Is there a reason why Titansteel or Saronite ore would go up in price with the patch? I've got a steady supply of the first coming and a shitton of the latter stored up.

I don't know if people noticed, but reputation gain with most of the original Wrath factions has been upped by roughly 30%. My assumption is that what used to give 15 per kill gives 20 per kill, and what used to 250 per quest/kill gives 350.
Titanium should certainly go up: as people rush into the new content they'll pick up new gear at a torrid pace. They'll need to gem and enchant that new equipment, meaning the demand for epic gems is going to spike. Titanium ore is the source of the bulk of epic gems.

Assuming, of course, most people don't have a gigantic stack of Crusader emblems they're intending to trade in for epic gems.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Rolling restarts need to go faster!

Titanium should certainly go up: as people rush into the new content they'll pick up new gear at a torrid pace. They'll need to gem and enchant that new equipment, meaning the demand for epic gems is going to spike. Titanium ore is the source of the bulk of epic gems.

Assuming, of course, most people don't have a gigantic stack of Crusader emblems they're intending to trade in for epic gems.

Plus, titansteel is (I think) needed for the new crafted mats again.

so my realms up b/c i can log in see my character...but why does it get to the end of the load bar and just sit there....Is this happening to others?

Weenerz

Banned
elitehebrew said:
so my realms up b/c i can log in see my character...but why does it get to the end of the load bar and just sit there....Is this happening to others?

Theres probably 10,000 other people logging on at the same time. It'll work eventually, probably in an invisible queue system.

Tamanon

Banned
Evlar said:

Actually Titanium might go down, at least titanium bars, just because the Alchemy tranmute for Saronite ----> Titanium is having its cooldown removed.

Yaweee

Evlar said:

Ah, so my strategy should be to smelt only the ore that I need to use my Titansteel cooldown, and store the rest unsmelted to sell to prospectors? Thanks.

Is the conversion from Saronite to Titanium for BARS or ORE?

Tamanon

Banned
Yaweee said:
Ah, so my strategy should be to smelt only the ore that I need to use my Titansteel cooldown, and store the rest unsmelted to sell to prospectors? Thanks.

Is the conversion from Saronite to Titanium for BARS or ORE?

Bars. 8 saronite bars ---> 1 Titanium bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom