• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epix

theinfinityissue said:
I feel bad for the people who work at blizzard. WoW is a game completely unprecedented in scale (in terms of how many people are on it) and trying to update content with millions of screaming weirdos trying to chain log in for hours must make for one hectic work environment. I'd really like to see a short movie about it or something; the serious looking men sitting around conference tables, the rows of technicians pouring over lines of code while a vast army of nerds grows ever angrier. Lots of money at stake too; those "compensation" days they give us probably cost tens of thousands of dollars.

or maybe a skeleton crew of horribly overworked tech guys are sitting there paralyzed with indecision. lolactivision
Try several million dollars.

elitehebrew said:
On my low lvl mage alt i qued up for a cross realm group it was sweet. Fast and we go the achievement and for doing dungeon they have like a reward for beating it. I got exp and a bag of spoils which gave me a sweeet blue low lvl caster cloak. The new quest helper thing built in seems pretty cool but i like my "questhelper" better. This one isn't bad though. Other than that i logged off for a minute to go get a caster addon and i can't get past the login screen now....thanks WoW :p

Is the blue that you get from the bag a BoP item that is new to the game? Or some older BoE cloak.

Tamanon

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Is the blue that you get from the bag a BoP item that is new to the game? Or some older BoE cloak.

On the PTR it was normal BOE blues, but class-tailored. Not bad at all.

Tamanon

Banned
vesp said:
Which is why I waited 3 hours from ETA to try. I'm not surprised it's still messed up, but that doesnt mean I'm not ,as usual, disappointed in Blizzard's continual incompetence.

The term you're wanting to use is "This is a slap in the face!" and "Unprecedented!"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not really surprised about the servers still being broken..

but where the fuck is the 3.3 trailer? I'm sure it's been ready for hours(even days) and just waiting for someone to press the "Send" button. At least give us that while we wait.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
pxleyes said:
Fucking god damn login server. I get through all 3 new 5 mans to get DCed at the end, and I cant get back in.
Count your eggs lucky then. I haven't been able to access a single server all morning.

Tamanon

Banned
pxleyes said:
Fucking god damn login server. I get through all 3 new 5 mans to get DCed at the end, and I cant get back in.

At least you've seen the new 5-mans. I saw my character select screen once!

Belfast

I've had no problems logging in, but then again I did it virtually after my server went up. Maybe it's just getting clogged now.

bengraven

I'm most excited for lowbie starting quest changes. I have to admit, I'm straight up Altoholic.

I mean, the wolves in Elwynn are diseased now, no more hunting wolf meat! And the Defias are not aggressive.

God, am I the only one excited by this?! :lol

vesp

Tamanon said:
The term you're wanting to use is "This is a slap in the face!" and "Unprecedented!"
No, unfortunately it is anything but unprecedented, you're right though missing every ETA is totally commendable and exactly what we should wish other developers should learn to do. I'm not even angry or yelling or being a jerk, I just vented mild irritation that once again patch day is screwed up. The Blizzard Defense Force is cute though.

lordmrw

vesp said:
Which is why I waited 3 hours from ETA to try. I'm not surprised it's still messed up, but that doesnt mean I'm not ,as usual, disappointed in Blizzard's continual incompetence.

dude wow

Tamanon

Banned
vesp said:
No, unfortunately it is anything but unprecedented, you're right though missing every ETA is totally commendable and exactly what we should wish other developers should learn to do. I'm not even angry or yelling or being a jerk, I just vented mild irritation that once again patch day is screwed up. The Blizzard Defense Force is cute though.

I don't see anybody defending Blizzard, just laughing at you because you have weird expectations considering every single other content patch in existence.

Evlar

Banned
vesp said:
I think you should call and threaten to withhold your $13.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
bengraven said:
I'm most excited for lowbie starting quest changes. I have to admit, I'm straight up Altoholic.

I mean, the wolves in Elwynn are diseased now, no more hunting wolf meat! And the Defias are not aggressive.

Don't worry, I'm loving the changes too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Realms starting to come back up. Good luck! Only a couple up, and they have queues of like 15901 :lol

Tamanon

Banned
bengraven said:

Rogues start with dual wield and stealth at 70% speed now, that'll make those real early levels much less hellish.:lol

bengraven

Tamanon said:
Rogues start with dual wield and stealth at 70% speed now, that'll make those real early levels much less hellish.:lol

Yeah, I knew about the dw change (and shammies get a shield! I needed one on my first shammie) but not the stealth! That's huge news!

J-Rzez

*looks for dance studio info in patch notes, laughs to self* Fucking blizzard..

Not to mention the usual launch day shenanigans with not being able to log in.

lordmrw

Maxrpg said:
omg where is my server i need my fix :lol

#2 - Getting Quel'Delar
#3 - Quests yo!

For me. I'm not really overly concerned with ICC right now, even though I'm pretty sure the 10 man group I;ve been running with will do it. We're a well oiled machine at this point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
*looks for dance studio info in patch notes, laughs to self* Fucking blizzard..

Not to mention the usual launch day shenanigans with not being able to log in.

Dance Studio is the dumbest feature they ever thought of and the fact you've been raging over it since November of 08 is beyond sad. I don't even think that was real, dude. I'm pretty sure that was a joke on Blizzard's part.

Nice trailer.
For a lot of people, fighting the LK was probably the main reason why they picked up WoW in the first place. (after having played WAR3: FT before)

Acosta

Holy shit at the trailer. I'm kinda jealous of US as I have to await until tomorrow, but it will be online at morning so I think I will have a comfortable early entry.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
Dance Studio is the dumbest feature they ever thought of and the fact you've been raging over it since November of 08 is beyond sad. I don't even think that was real, dude. I'm pretty sure that was a joke on Blizzard's part.

It was a bullet point in their trailers. It's just disappointing. It's trivial, but it's one of the small things I was really looking forward to. No different than people jacking it to pets, titles, tabbards, etc. It was the small quirky thing I really looked forward to. Disappointing to say the least.

I didn't do the PTR thing, I needed a long break from the game getting burnt out on the prior patches shitty content. This one seems a bit more robust though, so looking forward to it.

It's still simply amazing there has never-ever been a smooth launch day when it comes to these patches after all these years. They should just take the servers offline for a couple days.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
It was a bullet point in their trailers. It's just disappointing. It's trivial, but it's one of the small things I was really looking forward to. No different than people jacking it to pets, titles, tabbards, etc. It was the small quirky thing I really looked forward to. Disappointing to say the least.

I didn't do the PTR thing, I needed a long break from the game getting burnt out on the prior patches shitty content. This one seems a bit more robust though, so looking forward to it.

It's still simply amazing there has never-ever been a smooth launch day when it comes to these patches after all these years. They should just take the servers offline for a couple days.
I think you got trolled really painfully hard. I don't recall anyone ever saying that would exist other than you, and even if it did, who would care other than you?

Ashodin

bengraven said:
Oh shit Arthas, daddy is NOT proud of you boy.
terenasson.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I downloaded the mobile authenticator to get that pet. My only question is if I make it so that I have to put the number in when I log on, do I have to do it every time forever or can I just do it once, get the pet, then turn the option off?

Angry Grimace

Acid08 said:
I downloaded the mobile authenticator to get that pet. My only question is if I make it so that I have to put the number in when I log on, do I have to do it every time forever or can I just do it once, get the pet, then turn the option off?
You can disable it, yes.

Yaweee

J-Rzez said:

What's the point? I'd imagine it is at least somewhat useful to see how the patch responds as craploads of people logging in. If they take all servers down for two days they'd still likely have problems as the servers get brought back up and people log in. The current method probably gets the servers up in almost the minimum amount of time.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I think you got trolled really painfully hard. I don't recall anyone ever saying that would exist other than you, and even if it did, who would care other than you?

You are wrong. It was mentioned "New Dances" in videos prior to wrath's launch, it was mentioned of a studio in the works, and finally, it was mentioned months later of being accused of lying by a blue it's something they would like to do down the line then all of a sudden.

Many people complained about it, like it or not. Get off their junk.

explodet

Maxrpg said:
SON
I AM
DISAPPOINT
Damn it, I laughed way harder than I should have at that.

I'm about to head home from work - I think I'll play either some TF2 or NSMBWii before I even THINK about loading up my characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom