• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

34xmfe8.jpg

People are reporting getting these. D:

Belfast

Anyone else using X-Perl having trouble getting their Target Frame working? Mine just doesn't show up at all. It's the only problem I'm having, too.

B-Dex

I got an Authenticator from blizzcon this year but I never used it might have to use it now :p I love having pets haha waste so much gold buying them all in-game :(

Nikashi

Banned
cvkpaladin said:
Will the new VoA boss be included in this patch or will he only be available once the new PVP season starts?

Er? There's no more ROOM for another VoA boss lol, all 3 wings are filled.

Tamanon

Banned
If it works with the iphone authenticator, I'll activate it right now, lol.

Stuck at loading screen, WHY MUST I ALWAYS LOG OFF IN DALARAN?

Should log off in Shatt on patch days.

Tamanon

Banned
Nikashi said:
Er? There's no more ROOM for another VoA boss lol, all 3 wings are filled.

Toravon is coming, he was tested on the PTR already, I'm assuming he won't be live for a few weeks since he drops tier 10. My guess is that he's under VOA a la Anub.

bengraven

Some people are reporting that first year subs are getting pandaren pets. Probably a hoax though, but there are several people stating it.

Evlar

Banned
Acid08 said:
What are authenticators?
A piece of hardware that looks like a thumbdrive (minus the USB port, there's no way to plug it into the computer). They're sold by Blizzard with the purpose of safeguarding your account. Each authenticator has a unique serial number which you enter once into your Battle.net account. On the face of the authenticator is an LCD display and a button. When you push the button, a 10-digit number pops up... a different number each time you press the button. These numbers are part of a sequence which is determined by the authenticator's pre-programmed algorithm and based on the serial number, and (presumably) the only way to calculate these numbers is to possess both the algorithm and the serial number. The only people with both of those things are Blizzard and the owner of the authenticator.

If you're using an authenticator, when you log on to your account you'll see an extra dialogue box pop up which will challenge you to enter the passcode. You press the button, type in the number, and you're in. Anyone else would have a miniscule chance of success, even if they've somehow stolen your account name and password.

Fularu

Banned
Tamanon said:
Toravon is coming, he was tested on the PTR already, I'm assuming he won't be live for a few weeks since he drops tier 10. My guess is that he's under VOA a la Anub.

Toravon will be made available once Season 8 starts, just like Koravon

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
bengraven said:
Some people are reporting that first year subs are getting pandaren pets. Probably a hoax though, but there are several people stating it.
You could just buy one if you wanted a pandaren pet

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
What?

It's just another hall on the other side of Emalon.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, login appears to be down again, or immediate disconnects.

I'm guessing another round of rolling restarts, but we'll see.

Yaweee

Angry Grimace said:
What?

It's just another hall on the other side of Emalon.

Yeah. They extended the North hallway so it has another roundabout, with the new boss in a wing branched out of its East side.

I'd imagine the multi-server LFG stuff could cause some problems for the rest of the day. It might be the most exciting thing in 3.3 to me. Playing on a small to medium sized server makes it hard to find groups for lower lv characters, so random server searches will be a godscend. Plus using this, you can do heroics multiple times and not have to worry about lock outs.

My shaman is lv76 right now, I can't wait to test this stuff out :D

Tamanon

Banned
The oddest part for me, is that the most appealing thing about the LFG tool isn't the increased pool of people, it's just that I can log on with my raiding main, pick random dungeon and get a group, instead of hoping I pick the right 3 dungeons to hang out in LFG with.

Acid08

Banned
While everyone is waiting for some stability maybe you can give me advice on my Shaman :p

Xanacks

Am I geared alright for right now? I mostly quest but I've started doing more BG's because I want one of the PvP reward mounts.

Also is anyone else excited to see how Blizzards quest tracking stuff works? I still have a lot of questing to do so the idea of not having to use an addon anymore excites me.

Tamanon

Banned
Acid08 said:
While everyone is waiting for some stability maybe you can give me advice on my Shaman :p

Xanacks

Am I geared alright for right now? I mostly quest but I've started doing more BG's because I want one of the PvP reward mounts.

Also is anyone else excited to see how Blizzards quest tracking stuff works? I still have a lot of questing to do so the idea of not having to use an addon anymore excites me.

Looks alright to me, Shaman gear sucks in Outlands anyways. Only thing I might suggest is if you have another weapon you could use, if only to keep a second weapon skill up for when you start just cycling through weapons when you hit Northrend questing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tamanon said:
The oddest part for me, is that the most appealing thing about the LFG tool isn't the increased pool of people, it's just that I can log on with my raiding main, pick random dungeon and get a group, instead of hoping I pick the right 3 dungeons to hang out in LFG with.
Amen to that.

Still, I hate patch days. Heading out for the day will be a blessing in disguise.

Acid08 said:

Xanacks

Looks fine. Don't worry about socket bonuses on gear though, especially on the higher levels. I gem all my gear straight 40AP unless I need the hit/expertise

Acid08

Banned
Tamanon said:
Looks alright to me, Shaman gear sucks in Outlands anyways. Only thing I might suggest is if you have another weapon you could use, if only to keep a second weapon skill up for when you start just cycling through weapons when you hit Northrend questing.
I've been using axes for basically the entire time until now so my axe skill is around 350 while my unarmed(fist weapon) skill is a little above 300.

I feel bad for the people who work at blizzard. WoW is a game completely unprecedented in scale (in terms of how many people are on it) and trying to update content with millions of screaming weirdos trying to chain log in for hours must make for one hectic work environment. I'd really like to see a short movie about it or something; the serious looking men sitting around conference tables, the rows of technicians pouring over lines of code while a vast army of nerds grows ever angrier. Lots of money at stake too; those "compensation" days they give us probably cost tens of thousands of dollars.

or maybe a skeleton crew of horribly overworked tech guys are sitting there paralyzed with indecision. lolactivision

Angry Grimace

vesp said:
Man I didnt even try until now and my patience was rewarded with their shit still not being together.
That has never happened before in World of Warcraft's patches.

notsol337

marked forever
I have been unable to log in, but I won't complain. Three new dungeons and a new raid? This is pretty much the only thing that keeps this from being stale. I haven't tried to play apart from my fishing daily (I got my crab, finally) for the better part of a month now. I'm excited! If it takes until tomorrow, then ok. I <3 Blizzard.

On my low lvl mage alt i qued up for a cross realm group it was sweet. Fast and we go the achievement and for doing dungeon they have like a reward for beating it. I got exp and a bag of spoils which gave me a sweeet blue low lvl caster cloak. The new quest helper thing built in seems pretty cool but i like my "questhelper" better. This one isn't bad though. Other than that i logged off for a minute to go get a caster addon and i can't get past the login screen now....thanks WoW :p

vesp

Weenerz said:
Uh, huge patch just came out, of course there will be hiccups.
Which is why I waited 3 hours from ETA to try. I'm not surprised it's still messed up, but that doesnt mean I'm not ,as usual, disappointed in Blizzard's continual incompetence.

bengraven said:
I know, they're, what, $15? And people are getting them from free.

That would piss me of fb/c i paid $10 for it and it said 5 would go to charity...why they gonna give them out for free. That is lame.

Oh and phoenix how was the first boss in terms of difficulty?

Evlar

Banned
vesp said:
Which is why I waited 3 hours from ETA to try. I'm not surprised it's still messed up, but that doesnt mean I'm not ,as usual, disappointed in Blizzard's continual incompetence.
I'll play along and laugh. :lol

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom