• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

weird question

p4 2ghz, 256mb ram, radeon 9600xt....that game runs but at cities, large structures, and when theres a bunch of people around its pretty freaking bad. would an upgrade to 512mb make much of a difference? im kind limited in funds so its either another 256mb ram or nothing. obviously it'll help im just wondering how much.

Alex

The game is a ram monster due to those huge streaming enviroments. It runs nice on a gig, but i still go through stalls in IF.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've been playing this since early March, my highest character to show for it is a lvl 34 Undead Mage in Suramar's biggest Horde guild. I blame the low level on the fact that I am too busy with work and trying to maintain and bring happiness to a girlfriend as well as a hugely social lifestyle..

Anyway at the moment I am contemplating on just stopping. Something inside me still loves this game, the way it constantly impresses me with it's atmosphere. But there's the other side that just thinks trying to reach lvl 60 is a waste of time, that getting my first mount will be exciting but it'll just die down with time, that getting the best gear possible is a meaningless task.

Maybe it's due to me swearing off Battlegrounds till I hit lvl 40 (I was king at it in lvl's 28-30) but who knows.. my account expires on 11th August so hopefully I'll come up with a resolve that helps.

ManaByte

Eh, if anyone makes a low level Dwarf or Gnome alt don't die in Frostmane Hold. There's a bug right now where if you die in there you respawn in Alterac Valley with 25% durability loss. Pretty fun for a low level character to suddenly spawn in AV. :lol

SaitoH

420 def:

120def8uy.jpg

\^w^/

Ferny84

Banned
I installed this game on my older pc...

Pentium 3 600mhz
256mb ram
64 mb video card PCI
and 1 gb remaining on HD

and...it runs o_o

ManaByte said:
Eh, if anyone makes a low level Dwarf or Gnome alt don't die in Frostmane Hold. There's a bug right now where if you die in there you respawn in Alterac Valley with 25% durability loss. Pretty fun for a low level character to suddenly spawn in AV. :lol

Yes I've had this happen to my last 2 chars (a gnome and dwarf). It was hilarious at first, but then I realized I need to waste a hearth just to get back, plus the durability hit sucked.

Definitely :lol -material when you see these level 51-60 chars just crowd and stare at a lvl 8 gnome warlock in awe.

Malakhov

Banned
Fawk I'm back, didn't have a computer that could run WoW since last thursday, power supply fried.

Thank god it was an Antec or maybe other parts would of fried too.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ManaByte said:
Warlocks with a SM/Ruin build and full +Shadow damage gear fry little Rogues like they were level 1's.
Er... the stamina loss from full +shadow gear, would probably make it really easy for a rogue to kill you with an ambush crit.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
dave is ok said:
Er... the stamina loss from full +shadow gear, would probably make it really easy for a rogue to kill you with an ambush crit.

Maybe he meant rogues that are sitting there unstealthed and afk?

Anyway, if you are an alliance warlock, the only way to have any realistic chance of killing a rogue that jumps you is to be demonology spec. Since there is no realistic way to keep undead rogues off of you due to WotF and their pvp trinkets your only hope is to outlast them.

Although if you do see one coming toward you and you put a dot on them to bring them out of stealth it is funny watching them run for their lives since most of them have no clue what to do.

ManaByte

dave is ok said:

A lot of the high end stuff gives both stamina and +shadow or +spell damage.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Although if you do see one coming toward you and you put a dot on them to bring them out of stealth it is funny watching them run for their lives since most of them have no clue what to do.

:lol :lol
Yup. Heh, same exact thing happend in Alterac Valley tonight. The Warlocks had their felhunters out to detect stealth and dotted the rogues before they could do anything and they just ran.

Alex

Caster loot in this game is such horseshit until you're in a position to scour over the end game, and even then, it's still bullshit. I remember why I quit my Mage originally now, got frustrating watching Warriors and Rogues get spoon fed amazing equipment. =/

SaitoH

Alex said:
Caster loot in this game is such horseshit until you're in a position to scour over the end game, and even then, it's still bullshit. I remember why I quit my Mage originally now, got frustrating watching Warriors and Rogues get spoon fed amazing equipment. =/

I agree. Melee get weapons and armour that make a difference, while casters get weapons and armour that give them more mana ... yay! Though it is possible to get +heal, + crit, or +spell damage gear. Enough does make a difference.

Does need work though ...

*shrugs*

[edit]Though that may not be what you are referring to >_>

Ramirez

Yea,totally agree...

Mages requirments for their boots is really alot of horseshit,try getting a group to do an entire strat run and then the postmaster -_- I can't even get enough people in my guild to help me do it once.And the shit isn't even guranteed to drop which makes it 100x more lame.

explodet

I feel your pain.

Last time I went Stratholme live, we wiped twice because of those stupid postboxes!
And the Songbird Blouse dropped instead of the boots. Bah!

Alex

The situation as I see it...:

Kind and benevolent Lord Blizzard:

Cunning, persistant Rogue, for your achivements I award you an equipment set. The pieces shall be imbued with: Agility; 20, Stamina; 10 & Strength 10. It will come in matching black, and if you're up to the audious task of collecting them all, I will furtther grant you additional properties, such as critical strike enhancements and stealth bonuses.

Portly Rogue with BBQ sauce stains on his shirt: Thank you, my Lord!

Lord Blizzard: And to you, wise and inquistive Mage. I award you an equipment set as well. The pieces shall be imbued with: Stamina; 1, Intellect; 2, Spirit; 37. It will come in multiple colors, yellow, hot pink, dark brown, maroon, lime green, and that shade of blue no one can remember.

Humans, your set shall have your staff clip through the shoulders, Undead, you shall have your knee caps stick out the front.

If you can complete the task of collecting all pieces, you shall gainfurther enhancements +2 resistance to the element of your choice and it will restore +3 mana every 22 minutes.

Bewildered looking Mage: What the fu--

Lord Blizzard: *interrupting* And to you, holy Paladin I--

A Paladin named SSJSephiroth420: *interrupting* Is he looking at me!? Fuck this shit, I'm not going to die, nerf Shamans! (Shield + Hearth to Ironforge)

Ferrio

Banned
One of my guildmembers died in a car crash. He was such a cool and nice guy, everyone in the guild loved the dude. It's crushed the guild's spirits pretty bad as of late.

ManaByte

Mainline said:
I finally hit 60 yesterday, anyone have any suggestions on what to do now. I play on the Malygos server..anyone else?

Make alts (I have one for every class) and PVP when you can't get in an instance run to farm armor sets. Once you hit 60 it's either PVP or the same instance 1000 times for the hope that you will win the random roll on a randomly dropped piece of armor (or weapon) you need.
Or you can farm gold for your epic mount.

Malakhov

Banned
Grinding sucks. Logged on, was on xp rest, was grinding at like 55k exp/hour, 1 hour and a half to level up and got bored :(

Mages who complain about loot in this game are nimrods with weapon envy. +DMG is so completely broken, and so is mana regen to a lesser extent, but they'd never notice because they are too used to getting pampered with excessive +stats.

siege

Banned
Hit 40 on my Warlock tonight. I <3 Dark Pact. I'm full affliction [obviously] so far and using succubus while drain tanking kills stuff quick (and this was against mobs 4 levels higher.) Then I just DP and go straight back to it with no downtime.

Still waiting for that point where I hate the class.

Just hit 50 with my Rogue and I'm stopping gaining xp until the new patch hits.

Rather be king of the 41-50 battlegrounds than hopelessly outclassed in the 51-60 matches. So its Battlegrounds until I get all the PvP gear I want. :D

Ferrio said:
One of my guildmembers died in a car crash. He was such a cool and nice guy, everyone in the guild loved the dude. It's crushed the guild's spirits pretty bad as of late.

Ouch. That's a terrible thing for everyone.

Yup. Heh, same exact thing happend in Alterac Valley tonight. The Warlocks had their felhunters out to detect stealth and dotted the rogues before they could do anything and they just ran.

I've noticed something similar with the UBER ALLIANCE Rogue race, too: the Night Elves. If I catch a NE out in the open with a dot, they run around like an IDIOT for about 5 seconds affording me a Mind Blast with 2 dots, a hot, and a shield up before they get to me. Oh, they'll make a run at me, but then they notice they're down to 1/3 health and Vanish...with dots on...

If it's a Dorf, a Gnome, or a Human, the odds are MUCH better I'll have a real fight on my hands.

BTW: Pick-up groups in low pop servers after big guilds make Onyxia and MC runs SUCK. 7 are good players, (like me), 3 are IDIOTS. Sheer, unadulterated IDIOTS. Spamming /emotes, begging for BoE's as Needs, then bitching when they find it counts against their 1 Need, 1 Set allotment, and threatening to blacklist me for going "GTG, GL" when we wipe from their stupidity. That break is coming...

ManaByte

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Grats!

So what's your alt going to be like? :p

Have a bunch of alts. Horde side I have a Undead Priest, Orc Warrior, Tauren Shaman, and a Troll Mage. On Alliance side I have a Human Paladin, Dwarf Hunter, Night Elf Druid, and Gnome Rogue.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Does anyone know if there is an addon that states who is pinging the mini-map? We are having trouble with someone doing it and we want to find out who it is so we can kick them from the raid.

Ferrio

Banned
We beat Lucifron first time yesterday, after 3 tries. Once we figured out everyone except tanks should hang back until he empties all his mana, we were golden.

Tritroid

Ferrio said:
We beat Lucifron first time yesterday, after 3 tries. Once we figured out everyone except tanks should hang back until he empties all his mana, we were golden.
Grats.

GL with Magmadar. He's relatively easy, it just takes a long ass while to bring him down. If you want things to go easier, bring a Dwarf priest.

My guild has gotten up to Rag so far, and gotten him down to 73% I believe. But after he was buffed post patch it'll be hard for a lot of guilds to take him down again.

I use the Nurfed UI, <3 <3 <3 the Titanbar. Had to remove the Nurfed_Hotbars mod though, that was too cluttered/annoying. So I've got all other features turned on, but with the default hotbars.

Very nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom