• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

The mage bug in the patch is hilarious. If you poly a target and then poly it again they regain full control over their character but remain in sheep form!

Wow...did that to a rogue in Darnassus last night on our miserable raid attempt,I got gouged by a sheep,awesome.

MrAngryFace said:
Cancelled my WoW account. Took stock of my last few weekends and realized how lame it all was. Great games, good times, im out.

Yeah I'm out on the 19th for a few months again. My latest love for the game has been smashed by lvling to 51 and having to enter the 60, of I'm sorry 51-60 Battlegrounds matches. What was Blizzard thinking including lvl51- in matches with tweaked out instance-geared lvl60's?

So I'll give it a few months to recharge in my system and maybe they will have made some positive changes again.

Korranator

MrAngryFace said:
Cancelled my WoW account. Took stock of my last few weekends and realized how lame it all was. Great games, good times, im out.
About time, I was starting to think I was the only one who quit. WoW just took too much of my playing time away from other games, and ohh I guess the wife too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Korranator said:
About time, I was starting to think I was the only one who quit. WoW just took too much of my playing time away from other games, and ohh I guess the wife too.
Atm I am at this stage, I haven't played for 2 weeks or so.. and just came to the conclusion that I cannot be fucked reaching lvl 60 or finding elite gear. So fuck that.

Alex

my goal is to hit lietenant commander, and nab that uber snazzy mage pvp set. when/if i manage that though, im going to hit a brick wall of progress haha

wtf is up with Going up on the roof of the building with the flag in BG?

how do i get up there to stop them?

this is some halo 2 "hide with the bomb" bs.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Fixed2BeBroken said:
wtf is up with Going up on the roof of the building with the flag in BG?

how do i get up there to stop them?

this is some halo 2 "hide with the bomb" bs.

There is a path on the right side of the base tunnel (near the flag room) that takes you up there.

siege

Banned
Sword out of BWL.

untamed1.jpg

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=19334

Warriors keep getting better and better. It's a big shame casters will never be able to compete.

Jim Bowie

Is anybody else confused by the instances crashing and/or generally unimpressed with 1.6?

It seems like the only thing they did was add a little faire element and put a wind rider in Camp T, finally. But that's from a Horde perspective.

I'm all about the Battlemasters. I will take every single problem with 1.6 and keep it if that means we can keep the Battlemasters.

Also, in regards to that BWL sword: that thing is fucking crazy, but the endless caster/melee armor/weapon debate will never see a solution. Warriors are far, far more dependent on gear than anyone else, and it's much harder to kill a caster with a warrior than you'd think. It depends on crit hits, and I know when I gear up for agility and crit %, I lose over 1000 hp. However, I can see something like that sword being too much... 300 extra strength for 8 seconds means double damage for 8 seconds, and then you get +1.1% crit from the agility. I'd love to see the crits that thing could do.

Ikse

You'd only get 2 swings with that weapon in 8 seconds, so you're gonna have to be extremely lucky to crit on those.

MrCheez

Right so I was in a 2 hour game of WSG last night. 20 minutes in the Alliance got our flag and... used all 10 members to defend it in their graveyard. I am not exaggerating when I say they didn't move for at least and hour and 20 minutes. The warrior held and they had 4 different healers... we tried many a different strategy. But we couldn't take out the healers because they would start rezzing before they were all dead. It honestly seemed impossible. I'm not one to AFK out of matches under any circumstances, but I did for this one. =P

I really don't understand the point of shit like this... they know you can only get 4 HK from player per day (and that it diminishes each time) right?!

UGH I hate the Alliance. XD

hobart

MrCheez said:
I really don't understand the point of shit like this... they know you can only get 4 HK from player per day (and that it diminishes each time) right?!

If that was true... I'd have AT MOST, 40HK per WSG match... which doesn't happen. I've been credited with over 100 easy in certain matches. Diminshing return... absolutely... 4 HKs only? Not true.

Alex

You're credited with H's, sure. But after 5 HK's from a player within a 24 hour period, the honor you recieve (what really counts) drop to zero.

MrCheez

Apple Jax said:
If that was true... I'd have AT MOST, 40HK per WSG match... which doesn't happen. I've been credited with over 100 easy in certain matches. Diminshing return... absolutely... 4 HKs only? Not true.

It is still recording HK in your log, but HK has nothing to do with rank. The amount of honor you get per HK is what counts, and after enough kills you get 0 honor from an HK (which is what I meant to say instead of saying you don't get HK).

However in Warsong keep in mind also you get 660 honor for each flag cap too.

AeroGod

Whats going down in Eredar. Ive been checking in once in awhile with my 60 warlock to put mooncloth in the AH and keep a steady flow of gold comming even though i mostly stopped playing him. Im getting kinda sick of my hunter and warrior tho so i may jump back into Eredar. Looks like my guild is mostly shot to hell tho. Alot of cool ppl left :( I need to get into MC and/or maybe do some Warsong/Alterac to rank up. Im still a Sergeant.

AeroGod

ManaByte said:
Lvl 60 Warlock = Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Been playing my Warrior a lot.

I like the warlock. Its not the most fun class(in groups anyways, soloing is easy and fun) but id like to power him up at least and i still need to get my epic mount finished(5 man scholo) and I want to get either the Felheart or the pvp armor set.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
so... what happened to the guild? it looks like it's gone.

Logged on for the first time in a while on Monday and finally got to level 33.

Joe

whats your guys ping on your server? mine is always different between 100-200 (shadowsong). that seems really high to me but maybe its normal for this game, i dont know.

also any good sites for talent point sets? i was doing a little research and apparently for good pvp talents for my character...ive been doing it all wrong.

Dcharlie,
I thought I added you to our guild. Not sure what happened.

I'll make sure to send you a tell or soemthing next time you are on.

:)

Don't forget, i think since the last time you've been on, you got a free talent respec.

Tamanon

Banned
They'd better not do a rollback haha, we spent FOREVER doing Stromgarde last night:p I don't think they would, everything is stamped basically in game, should be able to just ban the people who were abusing the dupe bug.

has something to do with people running in and out of maraudon, to crash the server. Giving someone your money or items, running in and out of maraudon to crash the server, causign it to do a mini rollback, the person that you gave money to still has it, since they stayed in the instance or something. Well, im betting I'm 90% wrong, but thats what i could gather from reading on the forums. There are screenshots of like 9 krol blades on AH forr sale by the same person. funny stuff

ManaByte

Uh...this is Blizzard Europe's response to the duping claims:
We appreciate and share players' concerns about a possible dupe exploit, and we're continuing to investigate the matter thoroughly.

However, at this time, we do not show any legitimate evidence of duping currently taking place or having taken place for as far back as we've checked.

Should any actual duping methods be confirmed, we will take the appropriate action in regard to the game and to any characters and accounts found to have been used with such an exploit.

Concerning a possible rollback: This is just a rumour!

Ok...how the hell do you explain this? Hmmm?

duppe1qa4iq.gif

SaitoH

ManaByte said:
Uh...this is Blizzard Europe's response to the duping claims:

Ok...how the hell do you explain this? Hmmm?

duppe1qa4iq.gif

Screenshot is a fake?

I've been checking the AH (specifically for epics) on and off all week, and I saw no influx of anything unusual on my server. In fact, all this talk about all the people at Maraudon is funny. Of course there are tons of people there ... they heard about a way to dupe on the forums!

Anyway, here's the supposed newest duping method:

here is a nifty little bug that me and a few guildmates figured out...

we have tried this outside of AV and so far hasnt worked

but inside Alterac Valley battlegrounds...

If a priest mind controls a player, cancels the mind control, and another priest mind controls the player again...while that priest is mind controlling, the other priest opens a trade dialog with the priest doing the MC. normally this would result in a "player is busy" message..but not so. while the trade window is open, trade X gold to the priest mind controlling the opposing player. complete the trade. cancel the mind control. Now....the priest that was MCing has X more gold added to their stockpile, while priest who initiated and traded the gold...LOST NONE!

No idea if it works, but I'm sure people will be trying it like crazy now.

*shrugs*

[edit] Something else I just thought of. Remember shortly after launch, all the people freaking out about supposed dice hacks? Awfully familiar ...

SaitoH

IRVINE, Calif. - July 20, 2005 - Blizzard Entertainment®, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft®, its subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), has surpassed 1.5 million paying customers in China - just a month following the game's commercial launch on June 7, 2005. The critically acclaimed World of Warcraft has now achieved another significant milestone as the largest MMORPG in the world, with more than 3.5 million global customers.

"World of Warcraft's success in China has quickly exceeded our expectations, and seeing Chinese gamers respond so enthusiastically to the game has been extremely gratifying," said Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We thank the players for embracing World of Warcraft, our partner The9 for helping to make all of this possible, and the Chinese authorities for their support of Blizzard Entertainment."

Blizzard's partner, well-respected MMO operator The9, is leading the operation and management of World of Warcraft in China while upholding its commitment to provide exceptional service as the game's customer base has experienced extraordinary growth. The9's dedicated team in China, composed entirely of Chinese management and staff, has provided localization of game content, synchronization of content updates, and delivery of player feedback to the developers. The9's local team offers 24-hour customer service, with direct game master (GM) support and local call-center representatives dedicated to helping players with questions regarding gameplay and technical issues.

"Chinese gamers across the country have embraced World of Warcraft," said Michael Fong, Blizzard Entertainment managing director, Greater China, "and we are committed to responding with continual updates to the game, including new dungeons for players to explore, additional player-vs.-player content, ongoing live events, and much more. Blizzard and The9 also remain dedicated to delivering unparalleled service to Chinese gamers with fully localized content and local, around-the-clock customer support."

The 1.5 million paying Chinese customers now join the two million players in North America, Europe, and Korea who are already paying to play World of Warcraft. With a worldwide customer population of more than 3.5 million, World of Warcraft is now by far the largest MMORPG in the world. Blizzard plans to continue expanding World of Warcraft with upcoming launches in Taiwan and other parts of Asia.

For more information on World of Warcraft in China, including pricing and gameplay features, please visit the official Chinese website at www.wowchina.com

O_O;;

Alex

And, they just put another PVP server up. Is anyone interested in trying it out? I was thinking of making an alt on it, mostly gonna be using my main for MC and weekend BGs, not much pvp action during the week, sadly.

ManaByte

Alex said:
And, they just put another PVP server up. Is anyone interested in trying it out? I was thinking of making an alt on it, mostly gonna be using my main for MC and weekend BGs, not much pvp action during the week, sadly.

Good luck getting on it. I made a Mage, logged off, and then it was a 5 hour queue wait to get back on.

Hunters are such fucking ninjas. We just downed Gole and that sword with +42 str popped up and I rolled the bare freakin minimum on it and won and now this warrior in negative dkp is crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom