• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaweee

We managed to beat Saurfang10 without a single mark going out last night. I left after Festergut to make room for a friend since Rotface literally drops nothing for an elemental shaman, and proceeded to listen to my guildies on vent as they wiped for the next two hours. Maybe we'll go back and do those bosses again later in the week, maybe not, but it doesn't really matter to me.

FLEABttn

Banned
mclem said:
If I ran Blizzard - and the world should be grateful that I do not, I would do the following.

1) "Owing to popular demand, we have now released a vanilla server, starting from patch 1.0 and adding content at the same rate it was added originally"
2) "To ensure people get a true experience of just how much fun it was in that *classic* time, we are strictly limiting the classes available."
3) Make the server paladin-only. Would shammy-only be similarly bad for Horde?

Add onto that.

4) Consumables no longer are classified as Battle Elixirs or Guardian Elixirs and you can use them as you like. All bosses will assume you have every single possible buff from consumables.
5) Paladin blessings are now 5 minutes long.

Yaweee said:
We managed to beat Saurfang10 without a single mark going out last night. I left after Festergut to make room for a friend since Rotface literally drops nothing for an elemental shaman, and proceeded to listen to my guildies on vent as they wiped for the next two hours. Maybe we'll go back and do those bosses again later in the week, maybe not, but it doesn't really matter to me.
Rotface 10 really is ridiculous. That final phase will get at least a small nerf, because it requires too much precision sometimes.

Macattk15

GMUNYIFan said:
So last night my guild was running 25 ICC and we were getting some TERRIBLE issues with lag. I'm guessing it was something with the instance server, but it always seems to happen with us hardcore when we get to Saurfang. We wiped on him for close to an hour which is frustrating because in weeks when we don't have lag we one-shot him. Even with the lag we would get him down to 7% and then the lag would affect the healers and the mark'd targets would die, heal him and continue to snowball out of control. Being an officer I called for a break and spoke with a guildie that recommended I Divine Intervention the first person that gets the mark. After the break we continued to have lag, but after DI'ing the first mark'd target we were able to get him down to 39% without a 2nd mark going up and we ended up getting the <5 mark achievement on the first attempt after break.

My question to you guys.....is this exploiting? I don't think so, but one of the other officers that is a major purist when it comes to raiding was pretty upset over the whole thing. I honestly wouldn't have used that strat had it not been for the lag and wiping on farmed content for over an hour. Thoughts?

It seemed like a lot of servers were affected with lag in instances last night. I know mine was, my friends was, yours was ... I don't think it was a local thing.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Rotface 10 really is ridiculous. That final phase will get at least a small nerf, because it requires too much precision sometimes.

Rotface has phases?

hobart

Haha. Rotface did get nerfed (thru a hotfix). Last week the rate at which the slimes were being cast was the same in 25m and 10m. (With the scale tipping on the 25m side!)

Not sure yer gonna see a nerf again.

hobart said:
Haha. Rotface did get nerfed (thru a hotfix). Last week the rate at which the slimes were being cast was the same in 25m and 10m. (With the scale tipping on the 25m side!)

Not sure yer gonna see a nerf again.

That's not a nerf. That's a bugfix.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Trying to decide if I want to use my 8 titansteel on Titanium Spikeguards, Titanium Razorplate, or sell them. I'd have to buy orbs.

DPS DK.

I could see myself getting an instance drop and wasting golds. Whenever I get to do ICC 25, 21% drop rate for Polar Bear Claw Bracers is pretty good.

I'm currently in Lost Reliquary Chestguard and Titan-Forged Bracers of Triump. Was planning to get Koltira's Battleplate of Conquest.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Trying to decide if I want to use my 8 titansteel on Titanium Spikeguards, Titanium Razorplate, or sell them. I'd have to buy orbs.

DPS DK.

I could see myself getting an instance drop and wasting golds. Whenever I get to do ICC 25, 21% drop rate for Polar Bear Claw Bracers is pretty good.

I'm currently in Lost Reliquary Chestguard and Titan-Forged Bracers of Triump. Was planning to get Koltira's Battleplate of Conquest.
The Bracers, because the Bracers don't break your four-set of T9.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
The Bracers, because the Bracers don't break your four-set of T9.
That's another question. Since I'm going for the ilevel232 T9, I was considering the ilevel245 Helm of Thunderous and Pauldrons of Trembling Rage over the 4 piece buff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
That's another question. Since I'm going for the ilevel232 T9, I was considering the ilevel245 Helm of Thunderous and Pauldrons of Trembling Rage over the 4 piece buff.
That would be a grievous error.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
Going for 232 or not getting 4 set buff? It'll be broken eventually. Is the buff that good?
Yes, it's that good. The 4 pc. T9 bonus is still worth like 415 DPS. Your Frost Fever and Blood Plague at reasonable crit levels should do roughly the same percentage amount of damage (because the Glyph of Icy Touch causes your FF to tick higher than BP).

Drop the shoulders and take the helm unless you are not expertise capped for some odd reason (ICC-10 gear is dripping with Expertise).

You usually don't break 4 pc. until you get 2 pc. T10, which makes up the difference with stats + new set bonus.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Yes, it's that good. The 4 pc. T9 bonus is still worth like 415 DPS. Your Frost Fever and Blood Plague at reasonable crit levels should do roughly the same percentage amount of damage (because the Glyph of Icy Touch causes your FF to tick higher than BP).

Drop the shoulders and take the helm unless you are not expertise capped for some odd reason (ICC-10 gear is dripping with Expertise).

You usually don't break 4 pc. until you get 2 pc. T10, which makes up the difference with stats + new set bonus.
I'm at 5 expertise actually. I was in shitty pre-naxx gear long before 3.3.
I've been getting ICC 5 man gear and working on emblem gear. I haven't done ICC 10.

Most isn't gemmed or enchanted anymore. I'm replacing items too fast and have too low of money to waste money on gear that's better than the old gear I cold do heroics fine in . Well,to be fair, most of my new temp. pieces have no gem slot anyway.

So, it boils down the the shoulders. Guess I better get 5 pieces so I can lose 1 for a tier 10 and still have the 4 set buff.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
I'm at 5 expertise actually. I was in shitty pre-naxx gear long before 3.3.
I've been getting ICC 5 man gear and working on emblem gear. I haven't done ICC 10.

Most isn't gemmed or enchanted anymore. I'm replacing items too fast and have too low of money to waste money on gear that's better than the old gear I cold do heroics fine in . Well,to be fair, most of my new temp. pieces have no gem slot anyway.

So, it boils down the the shoulders. Guess I better get 5 pieces so I can lose 1 for a tier 10 and still have the 4 set buff.
If you're an Orc, you should get almost enough Expertise wielding the Tyrannical Beheader, getting the HoR ring, and the T9 helm. You can get the 245 shoulders in that case.

Man, been such a good raiding week so far, happy enough to even post about it!
Killed Prof 25m yesterday, and did all the 10m Plagueworks achievements one shot today. Feels good man :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
If you're an Orc, you should get almost enough Expertise wielding the Tyrannical Beheader, getting the HoR ring, and the T9 helm. You can get the 245 shoulders in that case.
I'm not. Doesn't a DK only need 26 expertise?

The 5 I have is from Rage of Rivendare.

Angry Grimace

DeathNote said:
I'm not, but doesn't a DK only need 26 expertise? Helm is 64.

The 5 I have is from Rage of Rivendare.
Expertise rating and expertise aren't the same thing.

Finally got to Putricide, quite a kick ass fight. Just wish we could have more chances at it. Tried 3 times and never got to phase 3, it's distressing learning a fight knowing every wipe is actually a big deal.

Saint of Killers said:
http://imagehut.net/images/rnux5a4blk8cl04xif3.png :D

Won't be renewing the sub when it runs out on the 23rd, but I hope to have tamed Gondria by then.

Woop! Mission accomplished :D

um7awj8opaq79uuq7jm1.jpg

mclem

FLEABttn said:
Add onto that.

4) Consumables no longer are classified as Battle Elixirs or Guardian Elixirs and you can use them as you like. All bosses will assume you have every single possible buff from consumables.
5) Paladin blessings are now 5 minutes long.
I mentioned starting from 1.0, and that sort of thing is precisely *why* I did. Whenever anyone asks for an old-style server I couldn't help but think that there was no way they'd ever get a pally who was nostalgic for how things used to be.

Macattk15

Sax Russel said:
Man, been such a good raiding week so far, happy enough to even post about it!
Killed Prof 25m yesterday, and did all the 10m Plagueworks achievements one shot today. Feels good man :D

Indeed. Also killed Putricide on 25m ... dropped crap though. Oh well! Next week is a new boss or a new wing altogether?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Macattk15 said:
Indeed. Also killed Putricide on 25m ... dropped crap though. Oh well! Next week is a new boss or a new wing altogether?

Next week is the Blood Princes and uh, the female vampire whose name I completely forget.

Dunlop

So like a schmuck, I upgraded my account (plus actually paid $15 to change my name and sex...I need help).

I ran 3 dungeons, 2 went uber smoothly and one that asked me if I was a bot because my gear was good but I sucked so bad (ironically I was the only member who tried to make small talk...). I had asked them to hold on a sec while I drank to get mana and they pulled and some members died (they booted me after I rezzed them, lol). So my experience has been pretty bi-polar so far :D

On to my daily question, my buddy has also burned out with WAR and is going to give WOW a try, he sold his original toon years ago. I hooked him up with RAF, but he is obviously lvl 1. Is there a way I can give him my lvl 45 mage alt with the character transfer? I'd rather not get banned 2 days in if possible.

Tamanon

Banned
Dunlop said:
So like a schmuck, I upgraded my account (plus actually paid $15 to change my name and sex...I need help).

I ran 3 dungeons, 2 went uber smoothly and one that asked me if I was a bot because my gear was good but I sucked so bad (ironically I was the only member who tried to make small talk...). I had asked them to hold on a sec while I drank to get mana and they pulled and some members died (they booted me after I rezzed them, lol). So my experience has been pretty bi-polar so far :D

On to my daily question, my buddy has also burned out with WAR and is going to give WOW a try, he sold his original toon years ago. I hooked him up with RAF, but he is obviously lvl 1. Is there a way I can give him my lvl 45 mage alt with the character transfer? I'd rather not get banned 2 days in if possible.

Technically no, you can only transfer characters to another account under your name.

So it's Thursday ... 2nd raid of the week... we should we doing the 2nd wing.

So I look on the calendar and what do I see ?

Ulduar.

This isn't guild progression, it's guild regression ... we'll be doing Molten Core soon I bet.

Ganhyun

Tamanon said:
You sir, need to wear a tabard for reputation gains.

doesn't that restrict to whatever faction the tabard is purchases from? I have one for the Argent Crusade that I can put on, but alot of my LFG dungeons have been sunreaver rep so ive been getting rep by doing the dungeons.

Yaweee said:
I don't like that it shows the recent activity for my characters. Is there a way to turn that off, or at least the times at which the accomplishments occurred?

not sure. Didn't know it was changed myself til seeing the post here.

Dunlop

KernelPanic said:
This isn't guild progression, it's guild regression ... we'll be doing Molten Core soon I bet.

I would totally kick ass in that guild then, I could tell tall tales of the good old days and of my exploits in BWL...

border

Is there a way to turn that Armory shit off? The site was already slow as fuck before they added animated characters. I just wanna see what people have equipped, I don't need to see them doing a dance...

border said:
Is there a way to turn that Armory shit off? The site was already slow as fuck before they added animated characters. I just wanna see what people have equipped, I don't need to see them doing a dance...
There's a button right there above the portrait.

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
Is Blood Princess the one with 70 million HP and the 4 minute enrage timer?
It's 62 million and a 6 minute enrage timer, but you'll die way before 6 minutes that due to running out of people to bite. :lol :lol

This fight will be hilarious for meter whores. You get a buff that causes 100% increased damage and 0 threat caused, but at the same time, you get a debuff that causes you to become mind controlled if you don't bite another player.

I can already see meter whores will just sit there with recount open, jacking themselves off and forgetting to move into melee range to bite another player and killing the raid. :lol

Angry Grimace said:
It's 62 million and a 6 minute enrage timer, but you'll die way before 6 minutes that due to running out of people to bite. :lol :lol

This fight will be hilarious for meter whores. You get a buff that causes 100% increased damage and 0 threat caused, but at the same time, you get a debuff that causes you to become mind controlled if you don't bite another player.

I can already see meter whores will just sit there with recount open, jacking themselves off and forgetting to move into melee range to bite another player and killing the raid. :lol

Do you have a link that has an overview of the fight and possibly a video?

New Armory is awesome! I'm away for the week so I can't play, which would be fine if I weren't rained-in somewhere that has very little to do indoors. I'm going to make animated avatars of a couple of my toons... I think I'll start with a dancing Night Elf chick then work my way from there.

It did get me thinking about how much of a missed opportunity exists to hook web stuff into a WoW account. Obvious examples would be the AH; make it so the player can check up on Auctions but make them login to interact (at first). They could enhance the crafting system for professions so that players can place an order with someone on a website, and as long as the mats are in their bags they will be sent to the crafter. Crafter lists "orders" in an online interface and queues them for crafting, which takes longer when on the web.

There are hundreds of problems with those suggestions, but the point is that they could really do a lot more there.

border said:

I stopped using the armory for that a while back. I find WoW-Heroes to be a better tool to get a quick overview when you're pugging people. Also if you look up any of my toons I'll make sure they're doing /train :lol

ianswoody

Man, you guys were right about the awesomeness of questing in Northrend. Everything seems to run together very nicely and it gives you a sense of linearity, but definitely not holding you to a certain chain. The environs are nice and I have really eaten up the lore so far. Evidence: I've got the lore achievements for both Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord! :D

Will probably ding 75 when I get on later tonight. Is everything from here on just as engrossing? I plan on going for Loremaster in at least Northrend. I may be crazy enough to try for the overall achievement and title later. :lol I'm still way too casual to jump into endgame at this point. That's probably why I'm planning on uber-questing from here on out. Anyone want to convince me that this is a bad idea?

border

jim-jam bongs said:
I stopped using the armory for that a while back. I find WoW-Heroes to be a better tool to get a quick overview when you're pugging people. Also if you look up any of my toons I'll make sure they're doing /train :lol
Why would I want to see all of the generic animations for someone's character anyway?

Gee, I wonder if this male orc is going to have a different dance from all the other male orcs? Oh, nope....same dance again.

This can only herald the arrival of the fabled WoW DANCE STUDIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom