• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
KernelPanic said:
That's prolly closer to the truth.

You'll be able to buy levels, loot and achievements with your CC before long ....

Still waiting to see any gameplay affecting premium features. Not a single one thus far, nothing even approaching it.

Belfast

Tamanon said:
Still waiting to see any gameplay affecting premium features. Not a single one thus far, nothing even approaching it.

Well, you could maybe point a finger at Recruit-A-Friend, what with all the experience buffs and all, but that hardly gets you to the end game where gameplay advantages actually matter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Atrophis said:
Whats with all the nerfs to a bunch of easy bosses in 5 mans?

As if it isnt easy enough to farm emblems :lol
Because Heroic runs are about speed, not difficulty

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Frosty Sack of Treasures had 8g and 5 Badges of Frost for me tonight. I don't know if this is a weekly or just a random quest. There's a reasonably annoying miniboss to kill to get it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
:lol @ people crying.

Arthas was a bitch who cried over the death of his horse. He was also a supreme arrogant prick in WC3 who deserved everything he got. Sylvanas has more balls than this little twerp ever did.

I'm glad this Lich King shit is slightly over with.

Yaweee

Angry Grimace said:
Frosty Sack of Treasures had 8g and 5 Badges of Frost for me tonight. I don't know if this is a weekly or just a random quest. There's a reasonably annoying miniboss to kill to get it.

What miniboss did you have to kill?

Cipherr

I absolutely love that they didnt bitch out and give him a rosy ending somehow. His shit was tragic, :lol , hilarious. No corny closure out of left field, bitch gets whats coming to him.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

Seems like a weekly that's different for each raid ID. A guildie got a quest for Deathwhisper and we dont' see the questgiver.

Did they buff Saurfang ?

We're wiping on him and we've beaten him many times with no marks up.

His blood power is shooting up like crazy. Even the top guild on our server is having probs.

Got 5 frost emblems and 1 of our guys got a 264 ivl rogue neck from the new quest. We had to keep one of Deathwhisper's adds alive during the fight.

edit:

we beat saurfang but the doors wouldn't open :lol they broke ICC (at least for us)

Angry Grimace

Yaweee said:
What miniboss did you have to kill?
Frost Giant :lol He wasn't very hard, but he had some spreading disease mechanic

Angry Grimace said:

Where did you get this quest?

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Where did you get this quest?
A guy standing around after Deathwhisper. The quests only seem to appear right near wherever the quest mob is.

border

speedpop said:
Arthas was a bitch who cried over the death of his horse. He was also a supreme arrogant prick in WC3 who deserved everything he got. Sylvanas has more balls than this little twerp ever did.

It looks like Sylvanas won't even get to see or participate in Arthas' demise. From the sound files it looks like she only hears about it secondhand when you turn in whatever quest item he drops. Kind of a lame way to end that plot thread.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
border said:
It looks like Sylvanas won't even get to see or participate in Arthas' demise. From the sound files it looks like she only hears about it secondhand when you turn in whatever quest item he drops. Kind of a lame way to end that plot thread.
She's too busy getting bent over Thrall's lap and spanked.

Anyway for those keen on Starcraft II, beta should be starting soon so keep your eyes peeled.

Tamanon

Banned
KernelPanic said:
Did they buff Saurfang ?

We're wiping on him and we've beaten him many times with no marks up.

His blood power is shooting up like crazy. Even the top guild on our server is having probs.

Got 5 frost emblems and 1 of our guys got a 264 ivl rogue neck from the new quest. We had to keep one of Deathwhisper's adds alive during the fight.

edit:

we beat saurfang but the doors wouldn't open :lol they broke ICC (at least for us)

Saurfang is currently bugged on hard mode. You have to pull him, then reset him and he'll be back to normal.

Angry Grimace

So the Frost Sack can drop:

5-50g
5 Emblems of Frost
Occassionally an Epic Gem
Occassionally an Epic trash ICC drop (which all sell on my server for 12000g)

border

So how long do you think it will be before the first Arthas kill, given that everyone is going to be working with limited attempts? It should be an interesting race since the high-end guilds won't be able to bang their heads against an encounter for 10 hours at a time.

Cipherr

Angry Grimace said:

Not for long they wont. :lol We found out about the sack a little to late to hit ICC today, but tomorrow on our regular raid, we are going to whip into 25 and clear up to the Queen and call it for the night and run a secondary ICC25 then supposedly 2 or three initial ICC 10s on mains and a set of secondary alts so people can take a shot at the BoEs to sell.

Its a shame, but theres nothing really else for us to do, and Id like to get some BoE's sold before the AH is flooded with them and the selling prices on them tank.

Worked with hilts lol.

Tamanon

Banned
So, apparently, on our 10-man that's having trouble downing Rotface, the ICC weekly for our raid ID is......the one where you have to use a soul crystal on Sindragosa. That'll happen!

Magnus

So, apparently, the frost bag can drop any BoE from the instance, including the ones off bosses, how nice!

I love that all the Arthas loot seems to be weapons, and they all have wonderful names. :D

Belfast

speedpop said:
She's too busy getting bent over Thrall's lap and spanked.

Anyway for those keen on Starcraft II, beta should be starting soon so keep your eyes peeled.

It better, I've still got a key sitting here unused. :p

J-Rzez

WTH. We didn't see any of those NPCs that give said quests. That sucks because we cleared out the first wing already. Where are all the npcs that give these located?

No upgrades yet again tonight for me. I haven't got a drop in ICC since the first night now. Sucks.

Nice to see I can score a decent mace of the lich king, too bad it shares the same model with two other freakin' weapons. They need to knock that shit off already.

thatbox

Banned
johnsmith said:
Lich King itemization is bullshit for all casters and healers except mages/warlocks.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WANT CRIT/MP5

YES YOU DO

HERE HAVE SOME CRIT/MP5

WHAT YOU DON'T WANT THAT HAVE A SPIRIT/CRIT STAFF INSTEAD

CRIT CRIT CRIT crit crit crit criaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugghhh

Belfast

I got hacked. Only reason I can think of is because of that site that was linked here last night for the 3.3.2 mirror. I went there and downloaded it because I wanted to get a peek at the files.

Though, something suspicious happened while I was raiding 10-man ICC tonight. A seemingly random spammer whispered me with the usual bullshit (your account is compromised, go to this site, blah blah blah). I reported them and told them to fuck off. We finish 10-man, I log off, go to watch LOST. Try to log back in afterwards and my account seems to blocked off by an authenticator.

IF YOU WENT TO THAT SITE TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH, BE CAREFUL. My characters are wiped out, my 20kish gold is gone, and they got into the guild bank too, because i was an officer.

The only WoW sites I ever visit are the official sites, wow.com, projectlore.com, and mmo-champion.com, along with Gevlon's blog on occasion. And I always manually type the URL for the armory

Belfast said:
I got hacked. Only reason I can think of is because of that site that was linked here last night for the 3.3.2 mirror. I went there and downloaded it because I wanted to get a peek at the files.

Though, something suspicious happened while I was raiding 10-man ICC tonight. A seemingly random spammer whispered me with the usual bullshit (your account is compromised, go to this site, blah blah blah). I reported them and told them to fuck off. We finish 10-man, I log off, go to watch LOST. Try to log back in afterwards and my account seems to blocked off by an authenticator.

IF YOU WENT TO THAT SITE TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH, BE CAREFUL. My characters are wiped out, my 20kish gold is gone, and they got into the guild bank too, because i was an officer.

The only WoW sites I ever visit are the official sites, wow.com, projectlore.com, and mmo-champion.com, along with Gevlon's blog on occasion. And I always manually type the URL for the armory
You mean http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/? They're safe, one of the safest WoW patch sites. It's not them, bound to be something on your end. Anyway, if you were hacked how exactly would you know what they took from the account? Since as far as I know it's not possible to look at things like that from the outside (well, you can see character gear but that's about it). This is just me being cynical, but I do doubt some of the things you say.

Either way, I suggest you get onto the WoW forums, go to Customer Service and then look for a thread with the same problem (there's plenty, lots of Authenticator lock outs are happening) and use the phone numbers provided there. I'd also suggest downloading and using Malwarebytes if you haven't, it'll pick up most, if not all, possible viruses on your system. I assume you also haven't sent any of your details to a phishing site, right? That is, using a link provided in an email to 'log on' to your account, sending them your account information.

In other news, the first Lich King kill happened a few hours ago by Blood Legion on Illidan. Turns out killing him will transform (minor spoiler, I just want to make sure no one gets pissed off at me)
the fountain in Dalaran
into
a statue of Tirion Fordring
. That's pretty cool. Killshots are here:

http://bloodlegion.com/wow/blog/admin/newsSS/04HLsq.jpg
http://bloodlegion.com/wow/blog/admin/newsSS/rYxLCbN.jpg (same spoiler as before)

Dunlop

Maybe it won't be so easy to have 1000g by 77, I hit 75 last night (damn leveling is easy) and after purchasing skills for my dual spec I'm at like 200g.

I'm assuming that GS everyone keeps spamming in general chat when looking for raid members is only something I should start worrying about at lvl 80? How do you check what you are currently at? I have pretty much all the dungeon blue drops (except an elusive chest), so I believe I am fine gearwise for my level.

On that note, any reason why the loot drops on all these dungeons are so sparse? I got the loot addon to see what the bossed drop and each drops like 5 things.

yacobod

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
Anyone know a good place to sell an account? I am probably going to quit and just start anew once Cataclysm hits.

i dont think accounts sell for very much anymore with how easy content is, how easy it is to level & gear up toons, you are better off keeping your account

but if you really want to sell your account, markee dragon is pretty good, i've sold a few accounts there, but beware of scammers, common sense applies

Kletian

Angry Grimace said:
So the Frost Sack can drop:

5-50g
5 Emblems of Frost
Occassionally an Epic Gem

What the heck is this Frosty Sack and where do I get it? :(

Flib

Dunlop said:
Maybe it won't be so easy to have 1000g by 77, I hit 75 last night (damn leveling is easy) and after purchasing skills for my dual spec I'm at like 200g.

I'm assuming that GS everyone keeps spamming in general chat when looking for raid members is only something I should start worrying about at lvl 80? How do you check what you are currently at? I have pretty much all the dungeon blue drops (except an elusive chest), so I believe I am fine gearwise for my level.

On that note, any reason why the loot drops on all these dungeons are so sparse? I got the loot addon to see what the bossed drop and each drops like 5 things.

Are you leveling through dungeons? The only way to make money while leveling is through quests (besides stuff like professions). As far as GS, it's an addon, it's stupid, but it's used by guilds pugging people for raids. You'll only need to worry about it once you've geared up through Heroics at 80.

Flib

Also, I ran Sunwell Plateau for the first time last night (I didn't raid at all in BC). Really enjoyed it, glad to finally see it.

Amazing that Felmyst is still a retard-check apparently.

Dunlop

Flib said:
Are you leveling through dungeons? The only way to make money while leveling is through quests (besides stuff like professions). As far as GS, it's an addon, it's stupid, but it's used by guilds pugging people for raids. You'll only need to worry about it once you've geared up through Heroics at 80.

I was mostly leveling through dungeons, as a healer I have never had to wait more than a minute to be in a group so it seemed like the best method to gear/level up, now that I am dual specced and can easily grind with my shadow spec it is about 50/50.

thanks for the tips

Belfast

Orbitcube said:
You mean http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/? They're safe, one of the safest WoW patch sites. It's not them, bound to be something on your end. Anyway, if you were hacked how exactly would you know what they took from the account? Since as far as I know it's not possible to look at things like that from the outside (well, you can see character gear but that's about it). This is just me being cynical, but I do doubt some of the things you say.

Either way, I suggest you get onto the WoW forums, go to Customer Service and then look for a thread with the same problem (there's plenty, lots of Authenticator lock outs are happening) and use the phone numbers provided there. I'd also suggest downloading and using Malwarebytes if you haven't, it'll pick up most, if not all, possible viruses on your system. I assume you also haven't sent any of your details to a phishing site, right? That is, using a link provided in an email to 'log on' to your account, sending them your account information.

In other news, the first Lich King kill happened a few hours ago by Blood Legion on Illidan. Turns out killing him will transform (minor spoiler, I just want to make sure no one gets pissed off at me)
the fountain in Dalaran
into
a statue of Tirion Fordring
. That's pretty cool. Killshots are here:

http://bloodlegion.com/wow/blog/admin/newsSS/04HLsq.jpg
http://bloodlegion.com/wow/blog/admin/newsSS/rYxLCbN.jpg (same spoiler as before)

I don't know precisely what was taken from the account, of course, but hackers will generally take just about anything that can make them money. It was kind of odd, but I was still logged in on the armory while it was happening, though I couldn't log into WoW or Battle.net. I monitored each of my characters and saw them get cleaned out one by one.

Oddly, I managed to catalog the gear my main had on with pictures before they got to it.

I had also contacted an officer friend who spotted two of my characters in Dalaran, removing gear and likely disenchanting it.

It was too late for the guild bank, unfortunately. It didn't get ransacked, at least not in terms of anything truly worth crying over, and the gold in it is safeguarded by the GM.

The authenticator block was infuriating. They didn't even formally change my password until much later, when notices were still being sent to my e-mail account. They also transferred one of my characters from Anvilmar to Dragonmaw (thankfully, not one I cared much about).

Finally got a GM to disable my account, and I guess it's under review now. I think catching them in the act helped my case a little bit, but I know they're going to chide me for visiting malicious sites and not having an authenticator.

But, like I said, I don't visit anything but the major websites. Wow.com, mmo-champion, projectlore, wowhead, wowwiki, etc. I do read Gevlon every once in awhile, though.

I'm generally pretty prudent about these things, but the only thing I did outside of my normal behavior was visit the patch mirror site. My only other thought would be that I visited some of these sites from within Steam's browser while waiting on matches for Modern Warfare 2. Isn't that browser essentially IE? Could that make it more susceptable?

Anyway, I ran AVG. Nothing. Said officer friend of mine walked me through some stuff, and I did find a potentially malicious BHO, that had no name and no file attached to it with HijackThis! AdAware may yet reveal something though.

Maybe I should have had an authenticator, but how long with that protection last? And it's pretty shitty how the hackers can use them in such malicious ways, too. I wonder what their strategy is for that. Taking advantage of the mobile authenticator? Buying shitloads of the real thing? Do they already know how to crack the encryption, or know some trick to make the system think an authenticator is attached to an account?

Flib

The authenticator is pretty much totally secure. There is no crack, as each one is different. It's the same technology companies like hedge funds/law firms/government agencies use to protect their data when people log in remotely.

Kletian said:
What the heck is this Frosty Sack and where do I get it? :(

There's a bunch of possible quests.

We had a new NPC standing outside Deathwhisper's room with a quest. The quest states that one of her adds is named D-something and he must survive the encounter. We wiped trying to tank him along with the other stuff.

I ended up dragging him outside the raid to the stairs, built up some aggro and just turned off auto attack and he stayed on me throughout phase 1. Our ret pally had to turn off ret aura or the add would kill himself on it.

During phase 2 I just tanked deathwhisper along with him, lost him once but we did it. Not too hard.

Macattk15

Tamanon said:
Saurfang is currently bugged on hard mode. You have to pull him, then reset him and he'll be back to normal.

If that is hard mode, we one shot it. I certainly hope it's more difficult than that.

And my frosty sack quest involves Putricide I believe.

CassSept said:
Rogue 1.8 dagger with crit and arp.
:lol :lol :lol

Indeed. I cried a little. ArP on a dagger. Awesome. Replace it with haste or hit Blizzard. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom