• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

Update on the account hacking:

Talked to a Blizz rep from billing this morning once the phone lines went up. He was helpful and I now have my account back. Problem is, of course, that now I have to wait for a GM to contact me about seeing how much I can get restored.

Hopefully they have a backup of recently deleted characters, because several of mine are completely missing (including my main) apart from the one that was apparently transferred to Dragonmaw (maybe that was the "drug mule" so to speak). So the hacker either junked em or did a name/server transfer.

They didn't touch my lowbie Mage or Druid, or at least didn't do too much damage to them. Might've taken some crafting supplies but left pretty much everything else in tact.

Update 2: Not an HOUR after I had a very helpful conversation with one representative, I get an e-mail from WoWAccountAdmin saying my account has been permanently disabled for Abusing the Economy. Oh, Blizzard, I understand your position, but is it so hard for the right hand to know the left hand is doing?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yaweee said:
Wow, there's literally nothing for an Elemental Shaman from Arthas 25m. Nice work, Blizzard!
We just let our elemental roll on Resto shaman gear since there's nothing else for them to roll on. This is Blizzard's way of telling you to respec Enhance.

CassSept

Macattk15 said:
Indeed. I cried a little. ArP on a dagger. Awesome. Replace it with haste or hit Blizzard. Thanks.
If not for the fact I've quit the game last month I'd be right now packing my things up to annihilate whoever is responsible for this abomination.
ArP on BiS, endgame, Arthas drop dagger. Wow.

Yaweee

Angry Grimace said:
We just let our elemental roll on Resto shaman gear since there's nothing else for them to roll on. This is Blizzard's way of telling you to respec Enhance.

But then resto stuff isn't even all that good. It's like wearing PVP stuff, it takes 2~3 tiers higher in item level for the wasted stat to be compensated by the increase SP+ secondary stat.

Does anyone know generally how long you have on Putricide 25 man before running out of space due to slimes? We finally can get him to phase 3 but had a couple of 6-7% wipes due to lack of space.

Macattk15

CassSept said:
If not for the fact I've quit the game last month I'd be right now packing my things up to annihilate whoever is responsible for this abomination.
ArP on BiS, endgame, Arthas drop dagger. Wow.

There HAS to be a post on the rogue forums or something bitching about this. I haven't checked and cannot at work. I shit myself when I saw it last night.

Oh and Sindragosa had sex with us in mean ways in the 2 attempts we tried her on last night lol. We're just going to have people do the 10 mans till they get it and then back to 25 we go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yaweee said:
But then resto stuff isn't even all that good. It's like wearing PVP stuff, it takes 2~3 tiers higher in item level for the wasted stat to be compensated by the increase SP+ secondary stat.
So you have a better option? The only reason we do it is because Elemental has no other option like half the time because Blizzard knows Elemental sucks and they don't intend to fix it.

I picked up a ton of gear yesterday :lol

(Offspec) Frost Giant's Cleaver
Scourgelord Shoulderplates
Titanium Razorplate
Whispering Fanged Skull
Ashen Band of Unmatched Might

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
And my frosty sack quest involves Putricide I believe.

It's not Putricide, it just mentions him in it. It's a quest that essentially involves killing Rotface and Festergut within 30 minutes of each other (you get a 30 min. debuff from either taking gas cloud damage on Festergut or taking a tick of Slime Spray from Rotface.) The idea here is that you would one shot the second boss within 30min after the first since you lose the debuff if you die.

If a raid has trouble doing this (Rotface can be kind of an RNG bitch), you can just have a hunter go in, get a tick of the slime spray, feign death and then the raid wipes. Hunter turns in quest and raid gets credit.

The other quests are:

Deprogramming - One of the Cultist guys on Deathwhisper is replaced by Warrior-type named Darnavan, who has to be tanked, but not killed throughout the encounter. He has low enough health that the tank needs to be careful not to murder him. All you really have to do is not let him die from splash damage.

Blood Quickening - An NPC in the Crimson Halls tells you to kill the Blood Queen in 20 minutes from pulling the first trash pack. This one is hard.

Respite for a Tormented Soul - You have to stack a debuff on Sindragosa while you kill her in P3.

Securing the Ramparts - This is the one I got. Kill an easy Frost Giant standing around the ramparts before the Gunship.

Obviously Blood Quickening and Tormented Soul are harder than the other two, since killing Blood Queen and Sindragosa in and of itself isn't easy.

We breezed through the first wing of ICC last night, including one healing Saurfang (a holy pally). Then owned Festergut and started on Rotface. We got him to 40% on first try, and on the second try we got him to 15% before our raid leader/healer DC'd fffffuuu. Guessing he lost power because he never came back, so we called it since no other healers were on (one of the negatives of being a 10 man guild).

Sciz

Angry Grimace said:
With any luck I can drag my new enhance spec into tonight's raid. I've ended up liking it more than I thought I would, despite being melee. The faster pace and more complicated combat has been a nice change from elemental, and 45 seconds of god mode every few minutes is a nice bonus.

Angry Grimace

Toravon is a joke. It requires literally no effort from melee beyond WTFpwning, and some very basic target switching from ranged.

Yaweee

Angry Grimace said:
So you have a better option? The only reason we do it is because Elemental has no other option like half the time because Blizzard knows Elemental sucks and they don't intend to fix it.

Like I said, on-spec stuff from TOC10, the new heroics, triumph badges, frost badges, or PVP gear are as useful or better than taking MP5/spirit stuff from ICC10 or even ICC25. It is absolutely retarded itemization to the point where I won't be continuing this character once Cataclysm comes out.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
250.jpg

Why not dis blizzard.

why not dis.

Angry Grimace

LAUGHTREY said:
http://images.wowstead.com/28390/250.jpg[IMG]

Why not dis blizzard.

why not dis.[/QUOTE]Coincidentally, I was just about to comment on the fact that the ICC plate belts look like WWF championship belts (and clash horribly with every set that's not 251 Warrior)

Belfast said:
Update on the account hacking:

Talked to a Blizz rep from billing this morning once the phone lines went up. He was helpful and I now have my account back. Problem is, of course, that now I have to wait for a GM to contact me about seeing how much I can get restored.

Hopefully they have a backup of recently deleted characters, because several of mine are completely missing (including my main) apart from the one that was apparently transferred to Dragonmaw (maybe that was the "drug mule" so to speak). So the hacker either junked em or did a name/server transfer.

They didn't touch my lowbie Mage or Druid, or at least didn't do too much damage to them. Might've taken some crafting supplies but left pretty much everything else in tact.

Update 2: Not an HOUR after I had a very helpful conversation with one representative, I get an e-mail from WoWAccountAdmin saying my account has been permanently disabled for Abusing the Economy. Oh, Blizzard, I understand your position, but is it so hard for the right hand to know the left hand is doing?
Ugh, that's the real problem with having an account stolen. Getting your account unbanned (because it's guaranteed that they'll spam gold with your account) and getting everything restorted can take days, and even weeks for an account restoration.

I wish you the best of luck in getting all your stuff back, and I'm sorry for being overly cynical in my first post. Rereading it, I looked like a bit of an asshole.

Dunlop

That gearscore app is pretty cool

Currently at 2059 (lvl 75), not that I give a shit but I do like the summarized stats that it gives.

Is there a baseline to be shooting for when I want to start low level pug raiding?

Angry Grimace

Dunlop said:

Currently at 2059 (lvl 75), not that I give a shit but I do like the summarized stats that it gives.

Is there a baseline to be shooting for when I want to start low level pug raiding?
You won't get into a pug for anything sub-4500, and possibly even higher than that.

Gear scores are so annoying; I refuse to download the app, and when asked what my score is I just say "I know how to play, invite me or don't." Every raid I pug during the weekends digresses into a group of dps bragging about their score and questioning whether people with lower scores are qualified to be in the same raid group as them. Then the fight starts and you see that those who know how to play doesn't always equal those who have the best score. To me it's just another dick measuring tool.

If I was a raid leader sure I'd be concerned about gear, but I find looking at achievements, guild, and asking followup questions about raid fight mechanics to be a better measuring sticks.

I haven't played WoW since Ulduar's release but I'm guessing all this gear score crap happened after 3.2? Sounds like it's going to be a pain to find groups when I return as I want to level my 51 Paladin. Am I going to be running into this gear score thing while leveling in Northrend or only during heroics? Either way will suck for me unless I find a good guild.

Angry Grimace

PhoenixDark said:
Gear scores are so annoying; I refuse to download the app, and when asked what my score is I just say "I know how to play, invite me or don't." Every raid I pug during the weekends digresses into a group of dps bragging about their score and questioning whether people with lower scores are qualified to be in the same raid group as them. Then the fight starts and you see that those who know how to play doesn't always equal those who have the best score. To me it's just another dick measuring tool.

If I was a raid leader sure I'd be concerned about gear, but I find looking at achievements, guild, and asking followup questions about raid fight mechanics to be a better measuring sticks.
Blizzard didn't help this by making Toravon essentially a DPS race.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
thatbox said:
I need a "Hide Belt" view option :(

That's the belt I have at the moment, hopefully the one I want drops off Valithria tonight.

I don't mind it so much, I just wish it wasn't matching the warrior set. Why not make some offset pieces be random instead of ALL dps is warrior ALL tanking is dk and ALL holy is paladin.

Angry Grimace said:
Coincidentally, I was just about to comment on the fact that the ICC plate belts look like WWF championship belts (and clash horribly with every set that's not 251 Warrior)

I like the WWF championship belts. :lol Though I do agree with how they look on other sets after seeing some pictures.

Retro

thatbox said:
I need a "Hide Belt" view option :(

Ideally, we need costume slots... or at the very least a "Hide/show" option for every equipment piece. I want my Orc Warrior running around tanking shirtless.:lol

Cipherr

funkmastergeneral said:
Does anyone know generally how long you have on Putricide 25 man before running out of space due to slimes? We finally can get him to phase 3 but had a couple of 6-7% wipes due to lack of space.

Is BL being saved for the last phase? Is he being dragged along the walls of the room? How many dps is down during the first two waves. I dont know exactly how much time you have, but that phase is brutal, not so much because of the mechanics, but because not having even 2 of your dps up will severely hurt your chances at downing him quickly enough. I believe one of our tanks switches and dps's when they arent MT'ing that phase, thats how much of a squeeze it is. Its so overturned IMO.

CassSept said:
Rogue 1.8 dagger with crit and arp.
:lol :lol :lol

WOW! Arpen.

HAhahahaha

J-Rzez

So, got into a 25-man ICC pug today that's mostly ran by the number 1 25-man guild on the server. After losing Byrntroll, I thought my ICC poor luck would continue. But then later on, score the polar bear armclaw whatever bracers. Nice upgrade from my 226 Ulds. Next, to my surprise, I won the blood from Festergut. So I get the quest item from Rotface next they said! Good stuff. Happy again.

Dunlop said:

No, Gearscore is not cool. It is a blight on the WoW community.

border

Angry Grimace said:
Except they cheated, and admitted they cheated. Any other guild would get banned for that.
We had no idea that our Rogues using Saronite Bombs in their rotation (as they always do)

I don't know anything about rogues -- is this remotely plausible? Who uses engineering consumables in their standard rotation?

Yaweee

border said:
We had no idea that our Rogues using Saronite Bombs in their rotation (as they always do)

I don't know anything about rogues -- is this remotely plausible? Who uses engineering consumables in their standard rotation?

From Wowhead:
Because saronite bombs are instant cast and off the global cooldown, you can throw them between casting your abilities. You don't compromise your dps rotation; they're free dps.

Ridiculously obsessive guilds will use any advantage.

I'm going to side with Ensidia on this. They didn't know that the bombs simplified the encounter as they were using them for every attempt. And any very good Rogue would use Saronite Bombs in their rotation as they provide a significant DPS increase and, if utilised, make Engineering the best profession for a Rogue to use. As they said, the rogues used them every single fight to maximise DPS, to them the Lich King fight was no different and they continued using them as apparently the LK fight is a huge DPS check.

Though, if a guild was unintentionally using an exploit in a progression fight that wasn't named Ensidia, I'm sure they would be punished. There is definitely some bias towards them from Blizzard, but I still think that they deserved the kill and they said it isn't even going to make the fight that much harder.

Angry Grimace said:
Except they cheated, and admitted they cheated. Any other guild would get banned for that.

When I posted it there was nothing about cheating the instance as it was just minutes after the kill.

While I won't take sides on who was at fault I do have to say that an exploit is an exploit. They should be at least dealt with for using it for however many attempts they did.

border

I'd like to purchase a PVP set for my Death Knight, but I don't keep up with Arenas or Battlegrounds at all.

With Season 8 starting, does that mean it will be possible to purchase Season 7 stuff (Relentless Gladiator) for Triumph Emblems? If so, who would be the vendor?

border said:
I'd like to purchase a PVP set for my Death Knight, but I don't keep up with Arenas or Battlegrounds at all.

With Season 8 starting, does that mean it will be possible to purchase Season 7 stuff (Relentless Gladiator) for Triumph Emblems? If so, who would be the vendor?

The same vendor that sold them will now sell them for Frost emblems. A new vendor will always appear for the new set of PVP gear.

As for the vendor it's Nargle Lashcord.

Angry Grimace

border said:

Even if it is, they then make the ludicrious defense that, "We are 100% sure we would have downed it anyways." Then why not down it anyways! Saronite Bombs were not the irreplaceable cornerstone of their rogues rotations; more likely they were cheating.

Orbitcube said:
I'm going to side with Ensidia on this. They didn't know that the bombs simplified the encounter as they were using them for every attempt. And any very good Rogue would use Saronite Bombs in their rotation as they provide a significant DPS increase and, if utilised, make Engineering the best profession for a Rogue to use. As they said, the rogues used them every single fight to maximise DPS, to them the Lich King fight was no different and they continued using them as apparently the LK fight is a huge DPS check.

Though, if a guild was unintentionally using an exploit in a progression fight that wasn't named Ensidia, I'm sure they would be punished. There is definitely some bias towards them from Blizzard, but I still think that they deserved the kill and they said it isn't even going to make the fight that much harder.

They admit they knew the encounter was bugged and no other guild gets away with that intentional or not. They get a pass because they are Ensidia and they always get a pass when they do shit like take buffs from Freya to do Hodir hard mode, etc.

And the exploit was known before the kill....whether they can prove that Ensidia themselves knew that, my only point is that Blizzard gives them passes no one else would get.

HarryDemeanor said:
When I posted it there was nothing about cheating the instance as it was just minutes after the kill.

While I won't take sides on who was at fault I do have to say that an exploit is an exploit. They should be at least dealt with for using it for however many attempts they did.
But should they be punished for something they had no idea was happening? It is an exploit yes, but you do have to look at the circumstances. I, of course, don't know them and they may have contacts with Blizzard, but I doubt they would've known about this.

border

Angry Grimace said:
They admit they knew the encounter was bugged and no other guild gets away with that intentional or not.

Huh? Where did they admit they knew it was bugged? Their website says exactly the opposite:

We had no idea that our Rogues using Saronite Bombs in their rotation (as they always do) was causing it and thusly it occured every try we did.

Intentional or not, I think that they ought to be locked out from Heroic Mode until they honestly down the encounter in Normal. Beyond that I don't think any discipline is necessary.

Orbitcube said:
But should they be punished for something they had no idea was happening? It is an exploit yes, but you do have to look at the circumstances. I, of course, don't know them and they may have contacts with Blizzard, but I doubt they would've known about this.

I agree that I should have looked at this issue from their point of view as they were hard at work in getting a world first.

If Ensidia is correct in saying they can still kill him without the exploit then I would like to see if they can do it with it gone.

Angry Grimace

border said:
Huh? Where did they admit they knew it was bugged? Their website says exactly the opposite:

We had no idea that our Rogues using Saronite Bombs in their rotation (as they always do) was causing it and thusly it occured every try we did.

Intentional or not, I think that they ought to be locked out from Heroic Mode until they honestly down the encounter in Normal. Beyond that I don't think any discipline is necessary.
Ensidia isn't the only guild that was on the Lich King. There seem to have been other guilds that were aware of what was causing the bug.

They have a history of doing exploitative stuff like that though and they always justify it one way or another, which is why I'm skeptical that they "didn't know."

Belfast

Angry Grimace said:
Ensidia isn't the only guild that was on the Lich King. There seem to have been other guilds that were aware of what was causing the bug.

They have a history of doing exploitative stuff like that though and they always justify it one way or another, which is why I'm skeptical that they "didn't know."

Indeed. They're smart dudes. They analyze encounters in and out. I don't believe they one shot this, but they should've had some inkling of how the encounter was supposed to go, and that rebuilding the platforms was not a part of that. They likely noticed it on earlier attempts, but did nothing to correct the behavior.

At the same time, that is telling their Rogues to stop doing something they apparently always do, which is not a concession I see them making.

Regardless, I hate the way they're playing dumb about this.

Well, Ensidia got 72 hour bans.

I'm not particularly happy with the decision seeing that as far as we know they were just using Saronite Bombs as you do in a rotation, not using them to exploit the encounter. People keep drawing comparisons to Exodus on Yogg-0. Exodus deserved their ban for exploiting intentionally to trivialise phase 3 of the fight. Ensidia didn't, because as far as we know (and judging by Muqq's reaction, it looks like they knew just as much as us) they were just raiding like usual.

I'm not saying Ensidia are the saints of the game. They're nowhere near that. They have exploited in the past intentionally to get world first, but this didn't seem intentional at all.

Belfast said:
Indeed. They're smart dudes. They analyze encounters in and out. I don't believe they one shot this, but they should've had some inkling of how the encounter was supposed to go, and that rebuilding the platforms was not a part of that. They likely noticed it on earlier attempts, but did nothing to correct the behavior.

At the same time, that is telling their Rogues to stop doing something they apparently always do, which is not a concession I see them making.

Regardless, I hate the way they're playing dumb about this.
How the fuck are they supposed to know that Saronite Bombs were rebuilding the platform, when it occured seemingly randomly in a clusterfuck of 25 people (note that the bug didn't exist in 10man)? I remember hearing that they analyse fraps after wipes. I'm sure they noticed that the bug was happening, but there was absolutely no way for them to find out how it was happening.

Not to mention, when you're a guild going for world first kills, if you encounter a bug would you stop raiding, mention that it's bugged, wait for it to be fixed and then continue raiding, potentially losing that world first kill in the process just because you want to do the right thing for the GMs? I wouldn't. Especially when it was happening almost randomly to you.

EDIT: Though I must admit, Muqq's meltdown was quite funny to read.

Muqq said:
Fix your goddamn buggy bull##@% half-assed encounters. The amount of time and effort we dedicated to get through Wrath of the Lich king and Icecrown to see this guy die and take a turn at the Arthas is just sick. To finally see him die only to have the ENTIRE raid banned is simply an insult. It's cheap enough to make a bugged fucking encounter, but to ban people when they do not know what's causing the bugs is just a fucking joke. Whoever came up with this sheer *fisting* of an idea can go fucl themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass ##@%-fest again, send me an email at mupp@gavle.to when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle B) Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the !**#ing thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses. While you're at it rename the game to World of Betacraft.

EDIT2: Ensidia.com is now down. At least Exodus didn't fucking completely rage when they got banned. I have to give them that.

Dunlop

Thats some funny shit.

On a less important scale, is every server a bunch of carebears when it comes to world PVP? I swear at least half my encounters involve people from the other factions /wave or /dancing at me. Until I reduce them to a puddle and then some actually try to come back for a fight.

I'm not really a advocate of ganking, but if were are in the same lvl range, try to kill me damnit :D

Wrekt

Orbitcube said:
Well, Ensidia got 72 hour bans.

I'm not particularly happy with the decision seeing that as far as we know they were just using Saronite Bombs as you do in a rotation, not using them to exploit the encounter. People keep drawing comparisons to Exodus on Yogg-0. Exodus deserved their ban for exploiting intentionally to trivialise phase 3 of the fight. Ensidia didn't, because as far as we know (and judging by Muqq's reaction, it looks like they knew just as much as us) they were just raiding like usual.

I'm not saying Ensidia are the saints of the game. They're nowhere near that. They have exploited in the past intentionally to get world first, but this didn't seem intentional at all.
Ahahahaha. I love rants by people like this. I can't believe he actually had the balls to post this:

Today, I received it. I doubt we'll ever get a perm-ban, as the loss of PR from banning topguilds is going to hurt their subscription numbers much more than quelling angry cries of the fucking noobs in this game ever would.

Who of you would even fucking blink if Ensidia got perma-banned? The vast majority of WoW players have never even heard of Ensidia or Death & Taxes or even EJ. The extreme minority of us that have heard of them know they are self-important crybabies. Last week I didn't even know Ensidia still existed and now this week he thinks we would unsub if he got banned.

We cleared up to Arthas in ICC 10 last night. Sindragosa took a few more attempts than she should have because we pulled her before discussing the fight the first time and people did stupid shit like kill the frost tombs before the 4th frost bomb exploded even though they were being told to stop DPS on vent for about 10 seconds. 14 attempts left. Hopefully we can get a couple hours in before the reset as I have to leave Saturday afternoon to visit family and won't be back until Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom