• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianswoody

Welp, it's been about 2 weeks at 80 and I've been farming like nuts. Got 4-set bonus on my t9 gear. Went with Moonkin as my main spec just because our guild is a little top-heavy on resto druids. Been having a blast going for heroic achievements.

Most gear is at least ilvl 234 now. Bought epic flying and now I'm just trying to find out what raids/heroics I should do to upgrade my gear. Got AtlasLoot, so I have a pretty good idea. Also, did my first raid last night: an Ony-25. Ended up rolling on and winning this: Honed Fang of the Mystics . That netted a couple groans from those who were getting higher DPS. :lol

Dunlop

arg, no matter what I do I can't get the vehicle options to show, only dismount.

I can see where the bar is suppoes to be when I configure Dominos, and the dismount is in the proper location.

I really did not want to have to redo my UI because of my dual spec but now have to seperate vehicle quests
Giant King and Dragon riding

Any reccomendations on a another action bar ui?

Dunlop said:
arg, no matter what I do I can't get the vehicle options to show, only dismount.

I can see where the bar is suppoes to be when I configure Dominos, and the dismount is in the proper location.

I really did not want to have to redo my UI because of my dual spec but now have to seperate vehicle quests
Giant King and Dragon riding

Any reccomendations on a another action bar ui?
I use Bartender, that worked well with vehicles for me. It's also pretty easy to set up and customise.

ianswoody said:
Welp, it's been about 2 weeks at 80 and I've been farming like nuts. Got 4-set bonus on my t9 gear. Went with Moonkin as my main spec just because our guild is a little top-heavy on resto druids. Been having a blast going for heroic achievements.

Most gear is at least ilvl 234 now. Bought epic flying and now I'm just trying to find out what raids/heroics I should do to upgrade my gear. Got AtlasLoot, so I have a pretty good idea. Also, did my first raid last night: an Ony-25. Ended up rolling on and winning this: Honed Fang of the Mystics . That netted a couple groans from those who were getting higher DPS. :lol

I hope you didn't take a mana/5 item over a healer

Kletian

Orbitcube said:
5k DPS at 5k Gearscore isn't good. That's the truth. Would you have liked me to sugar coat it and say "well done but you could have done better!", Angry Grimace? It may have been unnecessarily harsh, it probably was. If I really wanted to be an asshole I would've gone ahead and said "LOLOLOL U SUK L2P NOOB GO AND FUCK UR MOM". I didn't, I pointed Kletian to some very useful resources for improving his Rogue's DPS, and gave him a few tips to help summarise some of the main points. "Pathetic" may not have been the best word to use, but I used it. It doesn't really matter.

I've made the changes mentioned, regemmed just about everything to +40AP gems respecced non-Rupture.

Unfortuantely I've yet to effectively test this. Went to 25man ICC last night and Marrowgar isnt exactly the best test tummy for optimal DPS :(

Question for you guys: I just had someone offering to sell 10 ametrine for 70g each, and considering they're going for about 180g cut of course I bought them all up. My question is, if this guy had gotten these gems illicitly (hacking someone's account or something) could I get in trouble?

funkmastergeneral said:
Question for you guys: I just had someone offering to sell 10 ametrine for 70g each, and considering they're going for about 180g cut of course I bought them all up. My question is, if this guy had gotten these gems illicitly (hacking someone's account or something) could I get in trouble?
You wouldn't get in trouble. You'd just lose the gems and possibly the money (I can't remember if you get money back in those circumstances). It's entirely possible that something shady is going on, but thankfully you're not losing too much if they do remove the gems.

Dunlop

Orbitcube said:
I use Bartender, that worked well with vehicles for me. It's also pretty easy to set up and customise.

thanks, I took screenshots of each spec so hopefully it will not be too painful. Mostly with shadowform swapping out a bar.

I killed another lvl 80 (I'm 75) today in world PVP. The dude actually tried to run from an opponent who was much lower level, it's sad. It's so rare to see anyone of opposing faction that you think everyone would be trigger happy.

Course I've been leveling by grinding and PVE dungeons, I imagine I would be smoked hard if I went into an arena

Think I need to use the free WAR trial account to get my fix of world PVP :D

Macattk15

Kletian said:
Wow seems they've changed some things since last I looked, thanks I'll try it out tonight and see what happens.

THough there are better ways of bringing it to my attention than hurr durr pathetic ;)

I see a lot of this is assuming I'm in a 25 that can use other bleed effects, usually I'm in a 10man with no Druids and Paladin tanks... fantastic...

Well you said no Druids or Pally tanks so that leaves Warriors. Do they not have Deep Wounds? Even a tanking warrior prolly should.

Puncture said:
The gear inflation is ridiculous. My hunter is at 60% UNBUFFED crit atm. And this is before I havent really gotten into the meat of 25m ICC upgrades, let alone the H25 man loot we wont get to until later on. And thats as MM. As SV add another 12% while in combat, its just like, cmon.

Top Hunter in my guild is at 98% ArP .... all the time.

Kletian

Macattk15 said:
Well you said no Druids or Pally tanks so that leaves Warriors. Do they not have Deep Wounds? Even a tanking warrior prolly should.

Top Hunter in my guild is at 98% ArP .... all the time.

Sorry I didnt comma enough.

In 10-mans.
No Druids.
Paladin tanks.

Edit: not that it matters now, I've now gotten into a guild that at the very least can do up to 10-man Saurfang consistenly every week. Which is more than I was doing prior.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
I don't blame him if they gave him the item.

It's silly to blame the person rolling in a Master Looter situation.

moojito

Not digging the paladin nerf! My pally alt is 78, nd should hit 80 this weekend. That period between just hitting 80 and getting settled into heroic levels of HP/gear is tricky enough. I hope all the boe stuff I have sitting in my bank is enough to get to near 30k.

Macattk15

Kletian said:
Sorry I didnt comma enough.

In 10-mans.
No Druids.
Paladin tanks.

Edit: not that it matters now, I've now gotten into a guild that at the very least can do up to 10-man Saurfang consistenly every week. Which is more than I was doing prior.

But I'm asking if your guild uses a Warrior tank ... if so then just wait until they crit and there will be a bleed up on the target ... or if there is a Fury warrior or something in the raid.

Kletian

No, that guild did not have Warrior tanks is what I was saying, it was all DK's and Pallys. But again, doesnt matter as I'm not with them anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orbitcube said:
5k DPS at 5k Gearscore isn't good. That's the truth. Would you have liked me to sugar coat it and say "well done but you could have done better!", Angry Grimace? It may have been unnecessarily harsh, it probably was. If I really wanted to be an asshole I would've gone ahead and said "LOLOLOL U SUK L2P NOOB GO AND FUCK UR MOM". I didn't, I pointed Kletian to some very useful resources for improving his Rogue's DPS, and gave him a few tips to help summarise some of the main points. "Pathetic" may not have been the best word to use, but I used it. It doesn't really matter.
I'm just saying, that was needlessly harsh, especially given that 5K isn't as far off the mark as you're making it sound. Telling a dude that just wants to play a game (casually, I might add) that he's pathetic isn't really helpful because you can't reasonably expect him to listen to you after that. These aren't the official WoW forums.

moojito said:
Not digging the paladin nerf! My pally alt is 78, nd should hit 80 this weekend. That period between just hitting 80 and getting settled into heroic levels of HP/gear is tricky enough. I hope all the boe stuff I have sitting in my bank is enough to get to near 30k.
4% stam seems like a lot, but it was literally unnoticeable to us. Our Pally tank couldn't figure out why he had more health than he did the week before. :lol

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
Silly to *only* blame the person rolling.
I've never been in a 25 man where anything weird like that gets by though.

I once rolled on the Priest hat (while I was in shadow) that Onyxia drops in 25 and some Holy priest went totally ballistic in the Vent server (I wasn't in it), but I literally didn't even know there was 2 separate hats, since the helm just had Crit, SP, and Spirit on it, which is the exact same stats that 3/5 of the Shadow Priest stuff had. I went ahead and just traded it back.

Gravijah

So, I'm bringing a priest up to become a healer, and I really need a mouse, as I use a laptop and while DPSing with a trackpad is easy, healing is not. :lol

I'm looking for something under 50 bucks, I'm not some extreme gamer who needs exact precision, and I'd really prefer a trackball mouse as I play with my laptop on my lap a lot. Any recommendation?

Also, is there a list of players anywhere? I wasn't aware of this thread before and with the 500 errors at the moment, it's hard to go through it.

Angry Grimace

Gravijah said:
So, I'm bringing a priest up to become a healer, and I really need a mouse, as I use a laptop and while DPSing with a trackpad is easy, healing is not. :lol

I'm looking for something under 50 bucks, I'm not some extreme gamer who needs exact precision, and I'd really prefer a trackball mouse as I play with my laptop on my lap a lot. Any recommendation?

Also, is there a list of players anywhere? I wasn't aware of this thread before and with the 500 errors at the moment, it's hard to go through it.
Healing is almost literally impossible with the default UI. I tend to use GRID raid frames, have mouseover targetting macros set to my keybinds, and Clique for "reaction" spells (i.e. dispel, abolish disease, pain suppression). The rest of my guild uses Healbot, which I never much cared for.

Gravijah said:

Logitech MX518 + Grid + Clique = the best healer setup in the universe.

yacobod

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I'm just saying, that was needlessly harsh, especially given that 5K isn't as far off the mark as you're making it sound. Telling a dude that just wants to play a game (casually, I might add) that he's pathetic isn't really helpful because you can't reasonably expect him to listen to you after that. These aren't the official WoW forums.

the problem is there are so many terrible players that play wow, which is kind of inexcusable at this point when there is a wealth of information available online where you can go and read a few strats and l2p pretty quickly

if ppl just checked out the elitist jerks forum and read up about their class in the class forum, ppl would be better off in general

Gravijah

yacobod said:
the problem is there are so many terrible players that play wow, which is kind of inexcusable at this point when there is a wealth of information available online where you can go and read a few strats and l2p pretty quickly

if ppl just checked out the elitist jerks forum and read up about their class in the class forum, ppl would be better off in general

Just my opinion here, and I haven't read the full argument mind you, but one of the reasons a lot of people are so shitty is because instead of explaining helpfully how to do something, pointing someone in the right direction, etc people belittle them, kick them from group, yell "L2P N00B" etc.

ianswoody

funkmastergeneral said:

Nahh, everyone who was rolling on it was rolling for their off-spec anyway. It was an upgrade for me either way: Boomkin OR Resto. I made sure to ask all the people that were there if it was okay for me to roll on and no one seemed to have a problem with it (minus the fact that I was near the bottom on the DPS charts.) Trust me, I don't wanna be "that guy" this early in my playing days. :lol

Dunlop

Orbitcube said:

This worked btw, but technically everything was alright with dominos

When you get on a vehicle, it seems that it swaps out your action bar one, which I had hidden in my configuration (becasue going into shadowform was swapping out that bar).

While on the vehicle, i went to the bar config screen and it shows there in the pet bar also, but not once I leave the config screen

thanks again

Angry Grimace

Gravijah said:
Just my opinion here, and I haven't read the full argument mind you, but one of the reasons a lot of people are so shitty is because instead of explaining helpfully how to do something, pointing someone in the right direction, etc people belittle them, kick them from group, yell "L2P N00B" etc.
The reason players are "shitty" is because WoW is a pain in the ass compared to 98% of other games in the world. Most people within the game fail to realize it's not normal in most other video games to expect the players to do hours of legitimate research on how to play.

Gravijah

Angry Grimace said:
The reason players are "shitty" is because WoW is a pain in the ass compared to 98% of other games in the world. Most people within the game fail to realize it's not normal in most other video games to expect the players to do hours of legitimate research on how to play.

I agree, completely.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:

I never really had to do hours of research to know how to play my class and what was best for my class .... it's called leveling to 80 ....

Cipherr

Outdoor Miner said:
Logitech MX518 + Grid + Clique = the best healer setup in the universe.

Hah I use that mouse also, love it, actually bought three when my last one died so I would have 2 backups. Lmao. Good mouse, lots of buttons. Add shift and alt modifiers to every mousebutton and you can fit a lot more skills to keybinds. Amazing.

That one crazy MMO mouse with like 20 buttons wasnt comfortable to hold when I tried it out at a local best buy, shame because the concept of more buttons is nice, but ugh, the design of that thing.

Gravijah

Puncture said:
Hah I use that mouse also, love it, actually bought three when my last one died so I would have 2 backups. Lmao. Good mouse, lots of buttons. Add shift and alt modifiers to every mousebutton and you can fit a lot more skills to keybinds. Amazing.

That one crazy MMO mouse with like 20 buttons wasnt comfortable to hold when I tried it out at a local best buy, shame because the concept of more buttons is nice, but ugh, the design of that thing.

I've never ever used a gaming mouse with more than two (or three) buttons, so it's going to be hell getting used to all those. :lol But I definitely need them.

Retro

Angry Grimace said:

Exactly. Name any other game (alright, other than WoW-clones and older MMOs) where players are expected to know how to kill a boss before they encounter them? Or where you have to modify and maintain the game (threat meters / Grid / DBM, etc) to even start playing at 'acceptable' levels? Or where you have to follow the patch notes to ensure your abilities aren't drastically changing functionality with each patch...

Also; people saying "I never had to research" have clearly never tanked; in TBC you pretty much had to calculate your mitigation to hit that sweet spot (I still remember it on my pally, 102.4), and I dunno how anyone would figure out that the current Defense cap is 540 on their own. But then again, I've never enjoyed the whole number-crunching aspect of RPGs, so maybe some people just naturally can figure out the crit immunity and such... I had to look it up.

That said, it's not really that hard to look a few things up and find general advice. But people really don't expect to pick up a game and suddenly have to adapt to what is, in some regards, a lifestyle.

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
I never really had to do hours of research to know how to play my class and what was best for my class .... it's called leveling to 80 ....
Maybe if you're an arcane mage or something :lol

In all seriousness, you have 506 posts in this thread, so you obviously have spent a lot of time outside the game talking "shop" and figuring out what to do. Most players don't.

Most players don't just automatically figure out their class rotations/raid strategies leveling to 80; You don't even get like half of your abilities until level 70+, not to mention you can literally get to 80 just spamming say, Frostbolt . It's not obvious unless you spend time outside the the game figuring it out. There's nothing in the game that says, "you get 1 AP and X amount of Crit% for 1 point of Agility. If you're a rogue. Warriors get nothing."

Even rotation wise, say you're a shadow priest; you have the following spells to cast:

Vampiric Touch
Mind Blast
Mind Sear
Mind Flay
Shadow Word: Pain
Shadow Word: Death
Devouring Plague

Can you honestly say it's cut and dry which order to cast these spells, which order to refresh them, and even WHEN to refresh them?

I really don't think it is. If you spend a lot of time talking on GAF, etc. about it, it's seems easy, but in reality it took days before any of this stuff really sunk in as old hat.

Kletian

I gotta say, I've made the suggested changes, gone with a ruptureless spec and rotation, and I honestly think my DPS has gone down. 3500-4400 on Heroic Jaraxxus is taaarded

Belfast

Kletian said:
I gotta say, I've made the suggested changes, gone with a ruptureless spec and rotation, and I honestly think my DPS has gone down. 3500-4400 on Heroic Jaraxxus is taaarded

Eh, if you can help it, I wouldn't go completely ruptureless.

You'll need to rupture if there's nobody else to provide a bleed on the target, and it may also be a good idea to place one on the boss if you have to switch targets or know you won't be on him for awhile (running away from something).

This is your mutilate flowchart:

Rogue.png

Mutilate is retarded simple. Varying from this diagram is usually a waste of time. I actually changed to combat spec just so I could do something other than Mut or Envenom. It got pretty boring, but I was pulling down 7100-7400 dps with worse gear than you have. Oh, and Mut spec dictates that you stay put and don't move around a lot. Combat has a lot more freedom to it, I think.

Hmm. The biggest problem with your character that I can find is that the T9 gear has way too much ArP. Which isn't your fault at all, it's the fault of the item designers for putting such bad stats on the gear around that level. If you can, I'd be looking to replace some of your items with Expertise on them with ones who don't so you lose about 4 expertise and don't go over the cap. I'd also be targeting items with haste on them to replace ones with ArPen (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47043 is perfect and not out of your reach).

I'd also try and get Death's Verdict off Twin Val'kyrs, but I'm sure there's still so many people wanting that so you'll hopefully get lucky and get it. It's a huge upgrade over your Pyrite Infuser.

Also, what kind of rotation are you doing? Open with Garrote (especially if there's no other classes with bleeds in the raid), then Mutilate once, Slice and Dice, Mutilate up to 4 (or 5, but don't Mutilate on 4 to get to 5) combo points, Envenom and then repeat the Mutilate/Envenoms, using a low combo point Rupture when needed to refresh HFB. Use Vanish every time it's off CD and use Cold Blood when you have an Envenom ready (5 point preferably). Your main priority should be keeping SnD up, so if it's about to run out do a low point Envenom.

Fake Edit: I've compiled a Wowhead profile of what is definitely in your reach and obtainable. It'll probably take a few weeks to get there, but that'll definitely improve your DPS drastically.

Changes:
Nightmare Tear in your bracers (10 str, 10 agi, 10 sta > 20 AP, 15 sta)
Charge of the Demon Lord
Cuirass of Calamitous Fate w/ 20 exp, 40 ap gems
Flamestalker Boots from Ignis 25man w/ Icewalker enchant, this could prove hard to get but he is one of the raid weeklies so you may be able to find a group for him. The boots have great stats and despite their ilvl they're pretty awesome.
Twin Spike
Death's Verdict, lots of people want this so let's just hope you get lucky.

All of those things will bring your stats in line with the caps and hopefully improve your DPS by quite a lot.

EDIT: Yeah, Mutilate is a very boring rotation, one of the easiest in the game (second only to Arcane Mages). Combat has so much freedom it's strange since I originally went Mutilate back in 3.0 to get away from Combat's boring rotation, but now the tables have turned.

For reference, here's my now-defunct Rogue: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.thaurissan.tyveri Notice how I ignored higher ilvl pieces to stack haste and better stats than ArPen. Now that it's so easy to get T9 and no one runs Naxx etc. it'd be hard to get gear similar to mine, which is a shame. I've never really been a hardcore raider so I rarely ever got BiS gear and just had to make do with what I had, which turned out quite well. I've managed to pull 9k on Koralon 25man, which is sorta why I was harsh earlier.

border

Is there any way I can find out my true Gear Score without installing a mod? I've gone to several sites that analyze your armory, but they all give me a different score. Anywhere from 500 to 2500 :lol

border said:
Is there any way I can find out my true Gear Score without installing a mod? I've gone to several sites that analyze your armory, but they all give me a different score. Anywhere from 500 to 2500 :lol
Sadly, it doesn't seem like it. The only way to get the same score as the addon version of Gearscore is to install it, from what I can tell.

Yaweee

Damnit, I hate pugs. We fucking one shot everything in the first wing of an ICC25, then a whiny guild that comprised ~10 members starts bitching "You guys suck, no point in trying Festergut or Rotface," and then they start leaving. Le sigh.

border said:

They're all just different systems. On our server, WH is the most popular. You can also just grab the Gear Score mod, which also seems to be popular.

J-Rzez

Yaweee said:
Damnit, I hate pugs. We fucking one shot everything in the first wing of an ICC25, then a whiny guild that comprised ~10 members starts bitching "You guys suck, no point in trying Festergut or Rotface," and then they start leaving. Le sigh.

Maybe there was a distinct lack of coordination, or perhaps a lack of DPS to make the cut for said fights. Thing is, those fights ramp up difficultly immediately after the first wing.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
Maybe if you're an arcane mage or something :lol

In all seriousness, you have 506 posts in this thread, so you obviously have spent a lot of time outside the game talking "shop" and figuring out what to do. Most players don't.

Most players don't just automatically figure out their class rotations/raid strategies leveling to 80; You don't even get like half of your abilities until level 70+, not to mention you can literally get to 80 just spamming say, Frostbolt . It's not obvious unless you spend time outside the the game figuring it out. There's nothing in the game that says, "you get 1 AP and X amount of Crit% for 1 point of Agility. If you're a rogue. Warriors get nothing."

Even rotation wise, say you're a shadow priest; you have the following spells to cast:

Vampiric Touch
Mind Blast
Mind Sear
Mind Flay
Shadow Word: Pain
Shadow Word: Death
Devouring Plague

Can you honestly say it's cut and dry which order to cast these spells, which order to refresh them, and even WHEN to refresh them?

I really don't think it is. If you spend a lot of time talking on GAF, etc. about it, it's seems easy, but in reality it took days before any of this stuff really sunk in as old hat.

I've never ever played a Shadow Priest but with all those spells ... I'd throw up Vamp Touch, SW:p, DP ... then Mind Flay > Mind Blast > SW: D .... it's not tough to play WoW.

Macattk15

Kletian said:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/11816458#damageout

I'm the rogue at the top. Pretty much everything everyone else has said is true. Mutilate is pretty god damn easy to play and you do a ton of damage. Now of course my gear level is much higher than yours ... but 3500-4400 seems quite low.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=sicar < me

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
I've never ever played a Shadow Priest but with all those spells ... I'd throw up Vamp Touch, SW:p, DP ... then Mind Flay > Mind Blast > SW: D .... it's not tough to play WoW.
It's not tough to log in and run around, no.

Good players always claim it's not hard to press the buttons, but they also say that because they've practiced a lot. It's like saying baseball is easy because all you do is swing the bat and hit the ball (obviously a bit of an exaggeration). But it's more of a pain in the ass than your giving it credit for because you've played for a long time so you already understand the mechanics. Leveling 1-80 doesn't require to do anything other than press whatever button you decide causes big numbers to appear. PvE raiding is all about measured efficiency, which is something that never really matters in the leveling process.

If you come from a background of playing other types of games, it's neither obvious nor intuitive how to do all the different things you have to do.

It's easy to pick up a new class and/or say "X class is easy" when you're good at another one because you already understand raid/encounter mechanics and how to manage the things you need to manage in this specific game, not to mention where to go for help.

For the record, you generally don't use SW: D, SW:p has to come last, and Mind Flay is a filler, and the spells have to be refreshed in a very specific timeframe to maximize DPS. You also need at least 350+ haste in order to fit enough Mind Flays in your rotation to not burn off a ton of it having to clip for Mind Blasts.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
Don't use SW:D, and SW:p has to come last, and Mind Flay is a filler, and the spells have to be refreshed in a very specific timeframe. You also need at least 300+ haste in order to fit enough Mind Flays in your rotation.

It's harder than you're acting like it is, because you've played for a long time so you already understand the mechanics.

Pretty much. Priests are stupid anyway! A class I will never play!

As for refreshing in a specific timeframe, I'm sure there is a mod that simplifies it or makes it much easier to keep track of ... besides something like DoTimer. I've also leveled a warlock to 77 ... but I dislike it. Though I hear they are quite good now.

Angry Grimace

Macattk15 said:
Pretty much. Priests are stupid anyway! A class I will never play!

As for refreshing in a specific timeframe, I'm sure there is a mod that simplifies it or makes it much easier to keep track of ... besides something like DoTimer. I've also leveled a warlock to 77 ... but I dislike it. Though I hear they are quite good now.
There isn't as far as I know. You just set DoT timer up to watch them. Part of the point I was making is that DoT timer isn't something that comes with the game. That's stuff you have to find and configure on your own. Some addons take hours by themselves to set up. (GRID I'm looking at you)

It's just a pain to do correctly because you want your DoTs up as close to 100% as you want, but they don't tick every second. If you refresh a DoT with say, .4 seconds left (clipping it) on the DoT, you caused that DoT to do no damage for 6 sec. because VT only ticks every 3 seconds, and it starts the timer after it's applied. It takes some effort to get the hang of casting it sub 1.5 seconds, while avoiding raid damage, and casting Mind Blast on CD.

Combine this with the fact that it's not obvious, and it's harder than it sounds. I have no doubt that almost everyone who posts regularly in this thread would get it down pretty good after just reading an EJ thread on it, but most of us have at least one 80, and raid regularly. My brother, who isn't good at most games, would be terrible at it (he plays and he's....pretty bad.)

I don't know. I just sympathize with players who get yelled at or ridiculed for not being experts at something as monumentally unimportant as this particular video game.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't know. I just sympathize with players who get yelled at or ridiculed for not being experts at something as monumentally unimportant as this particular video game.
Yes. I always try to calmly explain things if others start going off the rails when they shouldn't be. Sending a whisper with encouragement and telling them to ignore the jerks and explaining in simple terms what they're doing wrong (or what the other person is perceiving as wrong) is the best way to do it. I think people have an instant reaction to the whisper sound and chat color to go "oh fuck, here's someone being a dick," but if they see it's someone being nice, they're kind of shocked by the contrast and like you for it.

I take greater offense at people that are just jerks or uninterested in either improving or behaving like an adult. The hunter that goes Viper the whole instance and bugs you every 5 minutes to refresh Kings on his pet and types out "rez" the very moment he falls dead and lets his pet taunt the whole way through.

There's not being an expert at the game, and then there's being human waste.

CassSept

When I started playing WoW I got yelled at numerously and it did me good. People just need to stop whining and actually do some research instead of having an excuse of "i r just casual". Though whenever someone asked me about anything concerned with playing a rogue I would answer him, but just damn ask and not start making up stupid excuses.
And as muti rogue with that gear you should do over 4k dps on hero boss without almost any buffs, seriously :<
It would be easier Kletian if you linked your armory profile btw

Dunlop

While grinding, I openly attacked a 77 priest and hunter who were grouped and crushed them. Twenty minutes later, head still swollen, I come accross a lvl 76 Pally who I got the jump on....and he totally kicked my ass....twice

I now have a new purpose

I can also conclude that these vehicle quests are awkward and just generally shit

40% into lvl 76 and still missing a good 400 gold, looks like I'll be hoofing it for a while still :D

Kletian

CassSept said:
When I started playing WoW I got yelled at numerously and it did me good. People just need to stop whining and actually do some research instead of having an excuse of "i r just casual". Though whenever someone asked me about anything concerned with playing a rogue I would answer him, but just damn ask and not start making up stupid excuses.
And as muti rogue with that gear you should do over 4k dps on hero boss without almost any buffs, seriously :<
It would be easier Kletian if you linked your armory profile btw

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&cn=Reigner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom