• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

I think you can only train it in Ironforge for Alliance. It's where I trained it in OB.

If you don't know already, talk to a guard in any of the Cities and a list of various things will pop up. Weapons trainer, class trainer, bank, auction house, etc. They'll mark it on your map for you.

EDIT: DH, how did you get CTMod to work? I have it installed, and everything but the hotkey bar mod is working. I know they're supposed to be transparent, but they don't show up even if I drag a skill all across my screen. Tried a bunch of different resolutions and UI Scales too and so far nothing.

nataku

Any of you Hunters here know where to find black lions? I saw some as pets at the end of open beta but have been unable to find out where they are.

Talking about the black lions with a mane btw... not mountain lions.

firex

nataku said:
Any of you Hunters here know where to find black lions? I saw some as pets at the end of open beta but have been unable to find out where they are.

Talking about the black lions with a mane btw... not mountain lions.
damn, I can't remember his name exactly, but there's some kind of rare spawn lion in I think the Barrens that's black. I don't know of any regular lions that are black, but that guy is like a rare spawn named guy (not needed for any quest that I know of) and iirc he's near Ratchet, I think.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
gasp, mj, Kin, Ror, and Ferrio...

And no one on FFXI...

will I make the jump...

Why am I including"..."

nataku

All you FFXI people should come join WoW!

Join Illidan! I'm lonely. ; ;

Anyone else hate that 132 error? I get it all the damn time.

firex

oh btw, you were doing alchemy, right? stick with it... while it isn't profitable at low levels, when you get to the higher skill, it's really good cash. While the herbs can be tough to gather, as long as you can make major healing/mana potions, you can sell them for literally about 1g or even up to 2g per potion. of course that's gonna take some time, but alchemy is arguably the most marketable tradeskill at the higher levels due to it producing potions anyone can use. plus, you'll find that your alchemy can make potions and other types of stuff needed for other tradeskills (i've seen alchemy potions needed for a lot of leatherworking, tailoring and some blacksmithing, along with engineering needing a fuel you can make with alchemy).

SyNapSe

nataku said:
All you FFXI people should come join WoW!

Join Illidan! I'm lonely. ; ;

Anyone else hate that 132 error? I get it all the damn time.

Illidan has huge waiting queue's. I went to one of the "new" servers.. most of those are medium population and are easy to get into.

ManaByte

Just a couple kills (maybe one or two) from 17. I got the aquatic form, which took forever since you need to swim off the coasts of Westfall and Darkshore to get these halves of a pendant and then go back to Moonglade to put them together before returning to Darnassus to get the spell.

I also got the first quest that leads into Blackfathom Deeps, but on my server there are never enough people around to put together a group for it; even though I won't be attempting it for another five levels or so.

My Reputation with Darnassus is well into "Honored" now and I get a small discount from the merchants there and my Reputation with Moonglade is almost to "Honored" as welll. :D

WoWScrnShot_112604_01.jpg

I have an undead Mage (12) named Buffy on Bleeding Hollow. She is around 100 in sewing/cloth and runs a pretty good business in Brill/Undercity. "Bags by Buffy" is getting around the neighborhood as a good brand to buy.

nataku

Hmm. Can't decide if I should stick around the Darnassus area and quest there, or head to the Stormwind/Westfall/Redridge area and quest there.

Did Stormwind/Westfall/Redridge in OB and I got a ton of AGI gear out of the quests there. Anyone know how the Darnassus area compares? Looking for mainly AGI gear, since I'm a hunter.

ManaByte

Well server just went down, so here's some more shots.

Hit 17 and went to Ashenvale as some quests lead there. I still have like 4 to finish in Darkshore, then I'm done with that area.

WoWScrnShot_112604_02.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112604_03.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112604_04.jpg

firex

mint said:
Anyone got a map of all the mining locations? I don't think they are randomly generated..are they?
definitely randomly generated, but they always spawn around hills and mountains, and in caves and mines. I think in some of the newbie areas they will actually be in almost fixed spots... well, let me put it this way: mineral veins are random, but random in the same geographical areas. since you're playing alliance I'd really recommend going to dun morogh if you still need to get copper. if you're up to tin (65 mining) then go to loch modan, there's a lot of it in the higher teens areas to the southeast.

My gnome mage Blimey has reached lvl 16 and I'm having a blast! Tackling the defias series of quests in Westfall that'll eventually end in the Deadmines. o_O

So so fucking addicted!

I just got a super sweet Flame-raining AoE spell, and I love how they've handled the "targeting". Super smooth. I'll rain fire on your arses!

*runs back to play*

mint

Banned
firex said:
definitely randomly generated, but they always spawn around hills and mountains, and in caves and mines. I think in some of the newbie areas they will actually be in almost fixed spots... well, let me put it this way: mineral veins are random, but random in the same geographical areas. since you're playing alliance I'd really recommend going to dun morogh if you still need to get copper. if you're up to tin (65 mining) then go to loch modan, there's a lot of it in the higher teens areas to the southeast.

I'm an undead :p

Phoenix

Okay, so now that they seem to be 'settling' down from the server issues I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow. I wonder though, since I want to do a lot of questing - how fun is it, and how easy is it to meet up with you guys in the game (assuming we're on the same server)?

firex

shit, I got you confused with someone else, my bad.

ok for horde, go to durotar. spend a couple hours there just mining and you will be at 75 skill easily (I made an orc and troll in beta that went for mining, and before I was finished with durotar quests I had enough mining skill to go up to journeyman). if that somehow isn't enough, go to mulgore and look for a cave on the eastern side called venture co. mine or something like that - clear that place out and you will be able to mine tons of stuff.

for tin, if you can clear out this one mine in southern silverpine forest called beren's peril, you should find a crapload of it. there are also some tin deposits in the oases in the barrens, and along the edges of that giant dried up riverbed that runs along about halfway in the barrens. there's also tons of tin in the hillsbrad foothills, and a mine in stonetalon mountains if you're mid 20s that you can clear and mine tin and silver in.

and for reference so you don't pull your hair out looking for these:
silver spawns where tin spawns, rarely (not that rarely, more than 10% of the time)
gold is a rare spawn with iron
truesilver is a rare spawn with mithril

all three of those should sell for a decent amount over the regular minerals they share spawn points with because they make badass stuff for their level in blacksmithing.

mint

Banned
firex said:
shit, I got you confused with someone else, my bad.

ok for horde, go to durotar. spend a couple hours there just mining and you will be at 75 skill easily (I made an orc and troll in beta that went for mining, and before I was finished with durotar quests I had enough mining skill to go up to journeyman). if that somehow isn't enough, go to mulgore and look for a cave on the eastern side called venture co. mine or something like that - clear that place out and you will be able to mine tons of stuff.

for tin, if you can clear out this one mine in southern silverpine forest called beren's peril, you should find a crapload of it. there are also some tin deposits in the oases in the barrens, and along the edges of that giant dried up riverbed that runs along about halfway in the barrens. there's also tons of tin in the hillsbrad foothills, and a mine in stonetalon mountains if you're mid 20s that you can clear and mine tin and silver in.

and for reference so you don't pull your hair out looking for these:
silver spawns where tin spawns, rarely (not that rarely, more than 10% of the time)
gold is a rare spawn with iron
truesilver is a rare spawn with mithril

all three of those should sell for a decent amount over the regular minerals they share spawn points with because they make badass stuff for their level in blacksmithing.
Thanks a bunch :D v

Mjunter

Heh..for once everyone in the old FFXI guild is higher lvl than me. Still waiting for my server to come back. It seems to be hinted at 4am tomorrow morning now, but nothing definite.

In other news I got my little gnome to lvl 10 with duel blade but I gotta say. Blizzard either loves the alliance or doesn't think to highly of them. Some of the quest there are so rediculously easy or convenient. Some of the quest in the human area are pretty insulting on how easy they are. Definitely explains why there were so many lvl 40+ alliance members in open beta.

Also everyone kept turning down my duel challenges even though they were 2 or 3 lvls higher. :|

Phoenix said:
Okay, so now that they seem to be 'settling' down from the server issues I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow. I wonder though, since I want to do a lot of questing - how fun is it, and how easy is it to meet up with you guys in the game (assuming we're on the same server)?

as far as I can tell when your starting unless your the same race...except for Dwarfs and Gnomes, you;d have to travel pretty far for say a NE to meet up with a Human and be at a safe level.

The quests are fun, my fav so far was the druid spirt bear quest, yet sometimes they can be annoying I have to find and kill a lady all the way north where a lake ends...I was there an hour and couldn't find her. A rouge using stealth who wa stalking me kept scaring the crap out of but nothing....bagh.

Also in the spirit bear quest it tells you in a house to the nw of town...the bear isn't in or near a house or even in town.

mint

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
hey once I pick a profession, say herbs can I drop it for Armor crafting?
Yep, you can unlearn any profession by the skills menu.

Hurry mal'ganis..come back to life!!

mint said:
Yep, you can unlearn any profession by the skills menu.

Hurry mal'ganis..come back to life!!

cool...thanks

I'm not on Mal'ganis so....

Am I the only one not getting really bad lag (like SWG or CoH), disconnects, crit errors, or queues or are the offical board whiners being realty tv extreme dramatic?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Just started...have an Undead Warlock named Berrybones on Llane. Just wanted to try things out for my first time but I'd like to meet up with others. I'll have to pick another server I suppose, but I wish the majority of the people here would just pick a newer, less crowded one :) I had zero lag or tech problems though.

mint

Banned
As said by Caydiem:
Preparing a statement right now, actually. Give me a little more time. :)

You hear that?? WE HAVE HOPE!!

mint

Banned
AHHH..ok I'm staying up.

Unfortunately, guilds on these servers will have to be re-formed

Goon Squad pwned :lol (well, the one in Mal'ganis, are there more in the other servers?)

SyNapSe

oh man, I hope Mal'Ganis comes back up.. I've been missing my Mage. Built a lvl 14 Tauren Shaman, lvl 8 human Paladin, and a bunch of other stuff including a warriorr in the meantime.

Mjunter

Heh..even worse seems guild can't get their names back. Guess the names are still in the database. The big PVP server is owned yet again.

Blizzard is looking into it though heh.

AeroGod

mint said:
Amazing..some player, at level 10, has 205 fishing skill..goodness, is fishing that fun?

No. :d

Im playing on EST PvP Eredar, horde right now because its less crowded. There is no lag EVER, and me and my friends are having fun grouping and playing, and there are still enough people to get together and raid or whatnot. We have a shortage of priests though:lol We still get some alliance scum snooping around every hour or so also...HORDE!!

I havnt touched my Tauren Druid on Bleeding Hollow ir my allaince on Argent Dawn in awhile but I should be able to sneak some time in there :p

Rorschach

The server I'm on has had 0 lag (except the first day where there was a little). I don't get stuck squatting. I get to see my battles instead of attack > frames missing > fight's over "wonder who won."

Mjunter said:
Heh..for once everyone in the old FFXI guild is higher lvl than me.
:O even me?!

Kweh

Alliance missions get harder from Westfall onwards. I have a Tauren Warrior at lvl 15 and Human Rogue at 13, and so far the Alliance and Horde quests have been pretty much the same in the difficulty department.

However I REALLY hate the human starting quests now, this was my fourth time through them -.-

169 Engineering. Rock

I went totally batshit insane today looking for fucking 3 silver. Basically set up a hut in Beren's Peril and the Ambermill valley leading into Hillsbrad. Ended up with 100 Copper, 80 Tin, and MOTHER FUCKING ZERO SILVER. It's so pathetic, because I had the silver before, I just converted it into contacts so I could conserve space (I already had a few contacts, and the silver bars were taking up valuable space) thinking I would find more silver just as easily.

My server was a utopia before Blizzard told everyone to join Mountain servers. The again, I've only missed about 3 or so hours of gametime because of server issues, which is small compared to others. I just hit 26, and taking a break to kill some alliance.

Jupiter

Musashi Wins! said:
Just started...have an Undead Warlock named Berrybones on Llane. Just wanted to try things out for my first time but I'd like to meet up with others. I'll have to pick another server I suppose, but I wish the majority of the people here would just pick a newer, less crowded one :) I had zero lag or tech problems though.

We should try to decide on a server where most of us can meet up. I mean, we are going to begin new chars. sometime, so why not do it on the same server?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Jupiter said:
We should try to decide on a server where most of us can meet up. I mean, we are going to begin new chars. sometime, so why not do it on the same server?

yes yes yes. Some vets take the lead here!

I've been trying stuff out. I forget who said it but yeah humans have it easy I played a human female warlock, Kill Such and such vermine...go around the building stnad there and kill them as they spawn quickly, samne withthe workeres bandits, and the easiet wolves. So far I'm liking the DWarfs and Night Elves....there are A LOT of night elves. I haven't tried any horde yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom