• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksan

speedpop said:
It's WoW. People will find anything to complain about, even though the game has done nothing but become better.
That is a goddam lie! :d
Though, I would agree that PvE is at it's best, but it is hard to argue that PvP is better now than it was for example in season 2/season 3. And, that's not only in arena, but the state of PvP was healthier as a whole.

Swag

vitaminwateryum said:
Holy crap, when did AV become a leveling machine? Started out at 51 last night and ended up 56 in just a couple games.

Fuck, I need to do this. I've been dungeon grinding on my Prot warrior and it's going so slow :lol

Need to get to 58 ASAP before I lose motivation

So I cancelled my subscription till Cataclysm, and my game time has run out as of today. However, slight dilemma. I had shit on auction.. and I doubt Cata will be coming out in less than a month.
Basically, I just wanna gather up whatever auctions succeeded or failed, gather the money so I don't lose any.
Is there anyway to get like.. a days worth of game time? What's the Scroll of Resurrection feature like? Does it work if I have WOTLK?

firex

Dabookerman said:
So I cancelled my subscription till Cataclysm, and my game time has run out as of today. However, slight dilemma. I had shit on auction.. and I doubt Cata will be coming out in less than a month.
Basically, I just wanna gather up whatever auctions succeeded or failed, gather the money so I don't lose any.
Is there anyway to get like.. a days worth of game time? What's the Scroll of Resurrection feature like? Does it work if I have WOTLK?
Scroll of Resurrection requires your account being inactive for 3+ months, so you can't get that. I would just see if you can buy a game card cheaper than a one-month subscription, and use that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
This isn't always as easy as people say it is, especially depending on your guild. I could always get a group in our 10 man guild, but awkwardly when I moved into the 25 man before my sub ceased NO ONE would EVER be on until 30 mins before a raid. :lol

Also, it's fun to slum it some times, at least IMO.
I do that. Raiding is fun, but the rest of the game is just fucking boring at this point. What is there to do? Faceroll heroics? Level a sixth alt?

firex said:
Scroll of Resurrection requires your account being inactive for 3+ months, so you can't get that. I would just see if you can buy a game card cheaper than a one-month subscription, and use that.

Aww :(

Oh well. Depending on my situation I may come back in 28 days from now.

Ramirez

I just renewed my sub tonight after not playing the game since November 08. :lol I never even made it to 80, I have a lot of catching up to do. :p

Interfectum

question for rogues out there... I'm currently a level 49 Rogue (combat spec) doing quests, dungeon finder and battlegrounds to level up. My specific question pertains to grouping in dungeons.

As of right now I feel completely useless... most of the time the fights consist of tank -> aoe -> aoe -> loot -> repeat. By the time I've started my combo the mob is already dead, by the time I move to the next mob, he's at 10% health. :lol

I'm at a loss at what exactly my role is there (if any??). The only time I get a good damage run going is on a boss, but even then it's shortlived. Any tips for a semi-newbie rogue? Is there anything to combat this problem (lack of aoe damage) coming in the next 10 or so levels?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Interfectum said:
question for rogues out there... I'm currently a level 49 Rogue (combat spec) doing quests, dungeon finder and battlegrounds to level up. My specific question pertains to grouping in dungeons.

As of right now I feel completely useless... most of the time the fights consist of tank -> aoe -> aoe -> loot -> repeat. By the time I've started my combo the mob is already dead, by the time I move to the next mob, he's at 10% health. :lol

I'm at a loss at what exactly my role is there (if any??). The only time I get a good damage run going is on a boss, but even then it's shortlived. Any tips for a semi-newbie rogue? Is there anything to combat this problem (lack of aoe damage) coming in the next 10 or so levels?

You wont have any AOE attacks until lvl 80, so you kinda have to deal with single target attacks until then sadly. The best thing i can tell you to do in dungeons where mobs die quickly, use Slice & Dice as your finisher as much as you can, especially when a mob is close to dying and a Eviscerate/Kidney Shot would be a waste of combo points. Slice & Dice is the only finisher that can help you keep doing more damage on another target once your last one died. Eviscerate on a mob with 3% hp left? Waste of combo points. Slice & Dice? Faster attacks for the next 20-30 secs, no matter your target.

Also, Wound Poison on both weapons is the best most of the time too, Deadly poison wont have enough time to deal damage on trash, and Instant poison doesnt proc quite as often as Wound, even if the damage is most of the time greater. Not to mention if you have any talents that only works if a target is poisoned, Instant wont do anything for these talents unlike Wound.

JWong

Banned
All the servers are dead.

I never encountered such a large server crash. Usually it's just a group, but the whole thing is unexpectedly dead.

Interfectum

Bisnic said:
You wont have any AOE attacks until lvl 80, so you kinda have to deal with single target attacks until then sadly. The best thing i can tell you to do in dungeons where mobs die quickly, use Slice & Dice as your finisher as much as you can, especially when a mob is close to dying and a Eviscerate/Kidney Shot would be a waste of combo points. Slice & Dice is the only finisher that can help you keep doing more damage on another target once your last one died. Eviscerate on a mob with 3% hp left? Waste of combo points. Slice & Dice? Faster attacks for the next 20-30 secs, no matter your target.

Also, Wound Poison on both weapons is the best most of the time too, Deadly poison wont have enough time to deal damage on trash, and Instant poison doesnt proc quite as often as Wound, even if the damage is most of the time greater. Not to mention if you have any talents that only works if a target is poisoned, Instant wont do anything for these talents unlike Wound.

Thanks for the tips.

I've just noticed for PvP and soloing Rogues are a blast, but in fast 5 man runs it's so hard to get any good DPS due to lack of AOE damage. I was in one group that had a pally as a tank, a mage, a lock and a shaman. Most of the time the battles were over before I even got my first combo points spent. :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Epix said:
Other things you can do with AVR:

* Draw range circles around you at any range
* Clearly mark players close to you
* Bossmods type things, currently adds a red circle on Festergut spores, Putriced Malleable Goo (one target only), Rotface ooze explosion and Sindragosa Frost beacons. (Requires BigWigs for these to work.)
* Mark any location relative to player position and rotation, for example mage blink landing spot
* Measure distances
I'd almost want it just for those features, from the video it seems like it'd be much clearer than the DBM range checker.

Sebulon3k said:
This is the only UI I've used for the past year, really amazing

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14130-LUIv2.0.html\

Edit heres a raid Screen Raid Shot
That's nice, but Grid isn't as forefront as it probably should be for a healer. I'm screwing around with that one I linked earlier and almost got it working at 1080p, just have quartz (I think it's quartz anyway) and grid to set up then it should be ready.

EDIT: I must say though, the sidebar looks great, that'd be very useful.

Also, that AVR addon looks fucking sweet for raiding, especially with the mentally challenged raiders that seem to think fire = good.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Sebulon3k said:
AvR mod is awesome, totally going to use it to draw range circles around myself
haven't mods like that been done before and Blizzard cock blocked them by patching them out?

Swag

Scrow said:
haven't mods like that been done before and Blizzard cock blocked them by patching them out?

No clue, I haven't been following the AvR mods. Such a good idea going to waste :lol

Those circles look fugly though

yacobod

Banned
i hit 80 on my dk last sunday, so i have about 7-8 days under my belt at 80 on my dk, i feel i have a pretty good starter set of gear going at the moment, only downside is i have an excessive amount of hit, i'd like to drop some but i dont really have any other gear to replace the items at the moment, i need to level up some professions but not sure what to do, i figure i probably will do mining and engineering, since i already have 2 jcs, 1 bs, and 1 leatherworker, need a gatherer on one of my toons

i enjoy the dk quite a bit tho, so much so that i decided to shelf my hunter and quit my raiding guild (7/12 25m hms), think i'm going to shelf my warrior as well and play more casually and just fuck around on my dk, pretty time consuming if i want to run icc 6 times each week, heres my current stable of toons

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Fleshlight (dk)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=kavos (war)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=kavosa (hunt)

Jin

yacobod said:
i hit 80 on my dk last sunday, so i have about 7-8 days under my belt at 80 on my dk, i feel i have a pretty good starter set of gear going at the moment, only downside is i have an excessive amount of hit, i'd like to drop some but i dont really have any other gear to replace the items at the moment, i need to level up some professions but not sure what to do, i figure i probably will do mining and engineering, since i already have 2 jcs, 1 bs, and 1 leatherworker, need a gatherer on one of my toons

i enjoy the dk quite a bit tho, so much so that i decided to shelf my hunter and quit my raiding guild (7/12 25m hms), think i'm going to shelf my warrior as well and play more casually and just fuck around on my dk, pretty time consuming if i want to run icc 6 times each week, heres my current stable of toons

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Fleshlight (dk)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=kavos (war)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=kavosa (hunt)

If I were you I'd run Forge of Souls everyday until I get Needle Encrusted Scorpion to replace the Sphere of the Red Dragon.

I'm also sad you're going to shelf you warrior :( This game need more tanks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hadoken said:
If I were you I'd run Forge of Souls everyday until I get Needle Encrusted Scorpion to replace the Sphere of the Red Dragon.

NES is alright. It's not great since it has a pretty low proc rate.

Also, lol@DK named "Fleshlight"

yacobod: The obvious way for you to drop hit is to pick up a different weapon. Even if you just drop the Red Sphere, you'd still be 100 over the hit cap.

Either Bryntroll, or the other two 2H weapons that drop in 10 would work.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
NES is alright. It's not great since it has a pretty low proc rate.

When the only thing a new 80 can do is 5 mans, it's pretty good. There's also a good trinket in reg TOC, or from heroism & triumph emblems, although i forgot if the trinket from triumphs has hit or not.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
When the only thing a new 80 can do is 5 mans, it's pretty good. There's also a good trinket in reg TOC, or from heroism & triumph emblems, although i forgot if the trinket from triumphs has hit or not.
His gear is good enough for ICC25. His average item level is like 245. :lol

I would just wait for Deathbringer's Will or Whispering Fanged Skull if I were him based on the gear level he's currently got.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
I just renewed my sub tonight after not playing the game since November 08. :lol I never even made it to 80, I have a lot of catching up to do. :p

I did that last September after not playing the game since pre-BC (2005). I only got to 45 at the time. I've been loving my time back in the game and have taken a pretty casual course with the game.

I'm at 72 right now in Borean Tundra and play about 5-10 hours a week. Love the game and don't intend to leave now.

yacobod

Banned
Hadoken said:

i will still play the war from time to time to tank togc 10ms, vaults, weeklys, and icc 10ms, mostly i was burned out on my hunter, just wasnt fun raiding on that character, so i think that prompted the switch, and the dk is a gear project and its fresh since ive only been 80 for a week, so idk

the biggest thing i dislike about the dk is lack of mobility, warrior and hunter have good mobility, i think definately need eng for rocketboots on the dk

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Slowly scrounging up emblem gear for my shadow priest. One thing I'm wondering is if it's worth getting 4 pieces of the i232 T9 gear for the set bonus (5% more chance to crit with mind flay) or just stock up on the i245 non-tiered head and shoulder pieces for better overall stats. Is that extra crit enough to see a noticeable difference on my damage output overall?

firex

I think there is an actual shadow priest focused website that would be better able to give you that info, but I don't want to lead you on a wild google chase when I could just have wishful thinking about a site like shadowpanther for rogues.

firex

I never checked so I wasn't sure if I was right or not! I just remember shadowpanther.com or .net or something for rogues.

moojito

That's the 10% ICC buff active. I managed to reach a new HP record of 115k on my druid in there on Sunday (with survival instincts and the flag buff from the gunship trash). It'll be interesting to see what that goes up to now!

Magnus

It's begun. The guilt trips have started coming in for me leaving last month.

"C'mon man, come back -- the buff's up to 10% now"

:lol

Askani

Azwethinkweiz said:
I will say that you guys scared me with your "it takes forever in the random dungeon queue if you're a DPS" but being on Mal'ganis, my queue times for random heroics is about 2-3 minutes.

I'm on Alleria. It takes 10-15 minutes for me to get a group as a DPS. Usually you have to wait, and then someone won't confirm and timeout, and then you try to confirm again, and maybe no one will timeout...ect.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
scarlet crusade is extremely bad on the weekends. it can take 15+ minutes easily (on both horde and alliance) for a DPS to get a group. During the week it's actually much better and usually 5-10 minutes to get a group as DPS.

My warrior is hilarious for random dungeons... on any given day at any given time I can get into a random dungeon within less than a minute. literally less than 60 seconds. I'd say around 1/3rd of the time I get the ready check in less than 20 seconds.

unfortunately my warrior is human because all of my friends a couple of years back made alliance on the server. but they've left and I HATE HATE HATE HATE playing alliance, so he's kind of just laid dormant as I can't stand playing him and can't quite convince myself to drop $30 on a faction change.

borghe said:
scarlet crusade is extremely bad on the weekends. it can take 15+ minutes easily (on both horde and alliance) for a DPS to get a group. During the week it's actually much better and usually 5-10 minutes to get a group as DPS.

My warrior is hilarious for random dungeons... on any given day at any given time I can get into a random dungeon within less than a minute. literally less than 60 seconds. I'd say around 1/3rd of the time I get the ready check in less than 20 seconds.

unfortunately my warrior is human because all of my friends a couple of years back made alliance on the server. but they've left and I HATE HATE HATE HATE playing alliance, so he's kind of just laid dormant as I can't stand playing him and can't quite convince myself to drop $30 on a faction change.

When Cata comes out, the entire levelling experience is getting revamped. You could get a race change instead. Worgen seems very Hord-ish?

Bisnic

I transfered my alliance mage from a Vindication server to a Retaliation server and my wait time for a heroic went from 5 minutes to 10-15. =/ But eh... at least i can raid ICC with a guild now i guess. No way my rogue who is lvl 72 and on the same server is going to do heroics at 80 with a 15 minutes wait for 1 heroic.

And what's the matter with hating Alliance so much? From what i've seen between both factions, there is no difference at all when it comes to a player's maturity or skills. This isn't WoW from 2004-2006 anymore. Since they got blood elves, Horde isn't the "cool faction with better and more mature players" anymore. And if it's just a matter of hating how the races looks... well, this is just opinions. Personnally, can't stand how trolls dont have boots, or how all their males can't stand straight for example.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
lol. yes, it is strictly from an aesthetics standpoint. No I am not kidding. I am completely serious. I played horde in WC2 and WC3 primarily and played horde when I started WoW at launch. I just can't get into alliance for some reason, and on woW find all of the alliance models and sets kind of stupid. :p

I agree though. I've had pretty decent experiences on both sides the past few years. Still, can't bring myself to play my warrior atm.. maybe that will change. especially odd given the lack of tanking in the game and my reasonably thick skin to criticism by whiners in our battlegroup..

I'm currently on the Borean Tundra server with heroic queues anywhere between 13-20 minutes on any given day. Lately I have been seeing them pop up more frequently which is very nice.

Bisnic said:
And what's the matter with hating Alliance so much? From what i've seen between both factions, there is no difference at all when it comes to a player's maturity or skills. This isn't WoW from 2004-2006 anymore. Since they got blood elves, Horde isn't the "cool faction with better and more mature players" anymore. And if it's just a matter of hating how the races looks... well, this is just opinions. Personnally, can't stand how trolls dont have boots, or how all their males can't stand straight for example.

I agree. Years have gone by and now both sides are pretty much the same in terms of the player base. I just wish the Alliance would win more Battleground matches.

Bisnic

Well, your warrior is human, that might explain why. Their running animation is like if they had a stick up their ass, and their face is fucking ugly without a beard.

My warrior is a female draenei and i dont regret it. :p They're a rare combo (i still dont understand why) and look very nice in warrior gear. Not to mention the extra sexy bonus points. :D

Retro

Bisnic said:
Well, your warrior is human, that might explain why. Their running animation is like if they had a stick up their ass, and their face is fucking ugly without a beard.
I always thought their run animation was more 'diaper full of shit' than 'stick up the ass'. Definitely right on the beard though, Human Males all have a huge hairlip. Their animations seem absurdly outdated, and out of all the races I think they probably need a revision.

Also, somebody is getting a jump on the pranks this year...
NEW YORK (01 Apr 2010) AXE is giving a big boost to guys that feel the need to RAID! The iconic leader in men's care, in partnership with Blizzard, launched the brand's new product line: AXE Sunwell - Get Energized! Studies conducted about gamers concluded that this segment was completely untapped by any grooming products. The Sunwell line is targeted for appearance-conscious gamers that understand the social aspect of gaming. AXE products will now ensure that you stay uniquely fresh even during 24-hour raiding sessions and LAN-parties.
Sad if not fake.

Retro

Magnus said:
Axe Sunwell is hilarious.

I am intensely curious as to what it smells like. :lol

An intoxicating and irresistible aroma comprised of Funyuns, Mountain Dew, and Sweat.

They have plans for a line of Molten Core products as well, but you need 39 other guys to help you rinse it off. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom