• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notworksafe said:
Buy it sell it in game while waiting on the queue? 12k isn't that much though. People sell motorcycles for more then that on A52.

EDIT: Seems you get a code. That would be easy to sell.
Oh, that makes sense; get a code and gift it for gold. Sneaky.

Retro

notworksafe said:
Oh that is just too awesome. Now I almost want to get one to prepare for my future Tauren Paladin.

Hahaha, his feet almost touch the ground though!

Apparently Tauren are getting their own version of the Charger... so... that will probably be cooler than a spooky ghost horse that shoots sparklies out of it... :lol. Hopefully it will be a badass armored kodo... and we all know that Kodos are the greatest mount in Warcraft anyways, right? Right.

Kletian

notworksafe said:
Yep. My Firefox timed out and now won't load the Blizz Store.

EDIT: Aaaaand it's back. 11631 in line. :(

Haha mine timed out, brough tme back, and I was at the front of the Queue :lol

Mount and pet bought

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Retro said:
Hahaha, his feet almost touch the ground though!

Apparently Tauren are getting their own version of the Charger... so... that will probably be cooler than a spooky ghost horse that shoots sparklies out of it... :lol. Hopefully it will be a badass armored kodo... and we all know that Kodos are the greatest mount in Warcraft anyways, right? Right.
If that happens then you could say goodbye to my Druid and Shaman hitting 85 first. I would kill for a decked out Kodo, but then Dwarves and Draenei would have a fit because they have to ride the Charger as well.

Retro

speedpop said:
If that happens then you could say goodbye to my Druid and Shaman hitting 85 first. I would kill for a decked out Kodo, but then Dwarves and Draenei would have a fit because they have to ride the Charger as well.

The rumor is that Spacegoats will get a custom paladin mount too. Let me dig up the blue post.

Fake Edit:
Kisirani said:
Even if you're not particularly fond of Kodos, you might think twice upon seeing the Sunwalker mounts.

I mentioned the plan for Draenei a while ago. However, I believe it's important to note that Dwarves do not have an order of their own, but instead were taught by the Humans, and the Blood Knights were a perversion of the traditional paladin they knew from the Order of the Silver Hand, hence the chargers on those races. I'm not saying it's outside the possibility for change, but there are reasons for their existence.

The Draenei and the Tauren, in contrast, are their own unique orders.
(Source)

Swag

Did anyone buy the vanity pets? I'm trying to get my XT to Tympanic Tantrum but he just keeps doing the Heart Killer animation

Retro

speedpop said:
So awesome.

Kodos are the bomb.

I know, I got the Brewfest one on my Fembelf, and I used it right up until the ZG Raptor dropped for me. It's still my second mount though.

I want a Tauren decked out in awesome white-and-silver armor that shoots rainbow lightning bolts from it's burning eyes and shoots missiles from it's fingers and toes. And his head can spin around really quick and create an impenetrable shield. And can fly. :lol

notworksafe

Retro said:
I want a Tauren decked out in awesome white-and-silver armor that shoots rainbow lightning bolts from it's burning eyes and shoots missiles from it's fingers and toes. And his head can spin around really quick and create an impenetrable shield. :lol
Now THAT'S a mount worth $25!

Personally I just use the Brewfest Ram as my ground and Red Proto as my Flying. I'll switch to a Paladin Kodo if they make one though.

notworksafe

Retro said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWFjJhlRSc

And you thought I was just kidding...

I probably paid $20 for that movie on VHS as a kid. Ah fuck, now I'm gonna have to dig it out and watch it again. :lol
Glorious! I haven't seen that movie in years.

Here's some Female Tauren screenshots of the mount:

5zpgs0.png

qytq50.png

Jrmint

Awesome just got my order confirmation! :D I was so nervous it was gonna time out or something.

What is it that's so bad about the tauren on it? That their feet are so low to the ground? I don't see the big deal.

Btw, my druid dinged 60 earlier, so pumped :D

Rapstah

Holy crap, massive XP-giving miss on Blizzard's side found, the mobs you kill on top of the gryphon in the "No Fly Zone" daily in Icecrown give XP. With 2000+ DPS, an infinite amount of mobs to kill and fast move speed I think I could grind to 80 from 80% into 78 in a matter of hours. :O

Ferrio

Banned
Wow... you should all be ashamed buying that.

Least the funny part will people paying 25 bucks for a mount everyone has so the whole feeling of being unique thrown out the window.

Retro

Blizzard updated the Cataclysm site with info on the Sunken City of Vashjir;

Once a great Highborne city housing some of the most revered night elves of Kalimdor, Vashj'ir was swallowed by the Great Sea in the Sundering and thought to be lost forever. Queen Azshara, formerly a beloved leader of the Highborne, escaped death in the depths of the sea when the Well of Eternity imploded. Such salvation came at a great cost, as the queen and many of her fellow Highborne were forever transformed into the monstrous naga, doomed to wander the seas for thousands of years. Their existence mostly remains a mystery to the peoples of modern Azeroth, though the Earthen Ring has learned of Azshara's naga seizing Vashj'ir for an unknown purpose as the cries of the elements echo across Azeroth from the Abyss.

The Sunken City
Vashj'ir is a level 78-82 zone in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm where players will be called to explore the depths of the Great Sea and stop the naga from seizing immeasurable power from the realm of Neptulon the Tidehunter. This expansive underwater zone will feature an unprecedented fight for survival against the naga overwhelming the area, several new quest hubs -- including Alliance and Horde naval ships and submarines -- all-new underwater travel and combat mechanics, several pocketed undersea caves free from water's grip, two new five-player dungeons (Throne of the Tides and Abyssal Maw), and the first-ever opportunity to explore the remains of the once-majestic city of Vashj'ir!

Bottled Distress Message Found Adrift at Sea

Need your help. Time is short. I'm held captive in what I hope to be a nightmare.

Enjoying the ocean air just days ago. We were determined to control key trade routes through victory at sea over the Horde. Their fleet came into our scopes. Our world became the deafening sound of battle, the smell of gunpowder, and the feeling of fear. Looking back now, though, that wasn't real fear.

We weren't alone in those waters. Our naval warfare attracted attention and rendered us prey. With our vessel already torn apart and taking on water, we saw a tremendous creature rise from the depths and shatter the hull, sucking us down to the sea floor. It all happened so fast. I was quick to tread the waters, hoping to regroup with any survivors I could find through a dense garden of kelp, constantly gasping for a chance breath. That's when the onslaught began. From all directions swarms of brutal naga swept through and captured a great many of us. Beaten near to death, I awoke in agony, bound in chains.

And here I still sit. I can only describe our prison as very big and somehow very much alive. We're in the hands of the naga now. Surviving crewmates in better condition than me are driven into slave labor.

One escaped. Thomas. He didn't make it far before I saw him dragged back. Before being forced into labor, he spoke in a panic about some large shell protecting this living prison, expansive night elf ruins in the distance, strange naga rituals underway, and sea vrykul battling our captors. He made little sense. Could be mad. Or I could be mad to hope vrykul are fighting to free us.

Prison patrols out again. Send word to Stormwind. Sunken city far from extinct. Naga plotting something horrific. Please help.

(Source)

Pictures available at source.

Ferrio said:

Least the funny part will people paying 25 bucks for a mount everyone has so the whole feeling of being unique thrown out the window.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by Friday if all the cities are filled with these mounts. It's crazy.

Lil' XT interacts with Clockwork Robots and Train Sets. He breaks them both and it sets him off with his vocals. You can hear them from the other side of Dalaran, it's great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:
Is the mount bind on account?
It sends each of your characters one. The only way you could not get it on a character is if you never opened the mail for it I guess, but the mail is generated on login anyways.

I just wish Blizzard had put out 3 or 4 mounts instead of just one; too many Celestial Steeds make me feel un-special.

Ferrio said:

What do you care what other people do with their money? So weird, man.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
http://i39.tinypic.com/iwrpj6.jpg[IMG]

Not to shabby.[/QUOTE]
Why did Blizzard make the WWE Championship belt the default plate belt. It pisses me off so much that I have a full matching T10 set with Ebon Blade tabard...plus a huge orange belt.

Angry Grimace said:
Why did Blizzard make the WWE Championship belt the default plate belt. It pisses me off so much that I have a full matching T10 set with Ebon Blade tabard...plus a huge orange belt.

It doesn't spin yet. Wait until Cataclysm.

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
So does the mount apply to all your characters and future characters or just one character?
All of them get a mail on login that gives you the mount.

Angry Grimace

Sax Russel said:
http://home.windstream.net/kubek/steeds.jpg[IMG]

-____-[/QUOTE]
It's pretty much like that everywhere :lol

Luckily, they are awesome.

Alex

I'm a little bothered now, the notion that they're actually starting to charge for this shit, window dressing or not WHILE they still charge you a monthly fee is a bit absurd. These are free-to-play tactics.

When it was for charity that time, yeah that was ok. The CCG cross promotion is also fine, IMO, but now just pulling out the stops and doing this type of direct RMT is a bit warped.

It's very sad, since it seems to be successful and you know what means; prepare for more and more and more assets withheld so they can sell 'em to you at an extreme premium.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
I'm a little bothered now, the notion that they're actually starting to charge for this shit, window dressing or not WHILE they still charge you a monthly fee is a bit absurd. These are free-to-play tactics.

When it was for charity that time, yeah that was ok. The CCG cross promotion is also fine, IMO, but now just pulling out the stops and doing this type of direct RMT is a bit warped.

It's very sad, since it seems to be successful and you know what means; prepare for more and more and more assets withheld so they can sell 'em to you at an extreme premium.
Sell me Tier 13 and we'll talk

Angry Grimace

Wrekt said:
Turn on titles and look for "Jenkins" or "the patient" to find the ones without $25 in disposable income.
I don't have any cool titles. I used the Ashen Verdict one before everyone got one, but that title sucks because all you have to do is kill a lot of easy trash mobs to get it.

Narag

Alex said:

They can milk the vanity cow dry for all I care. I don't think they're stupid enough to sell actual gear or content that'd splinter the playerbase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom