• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Being awol from WoW for the last 4 months and reading these changes. It looks promising. I hate 25-man raids for many reasons and this is just an awesome way to get rid of them.

Although, my personal opinion would be: make 25-man easier and more pug friendly and have 10-mans as the harder option thus keeping the balance of gear, skill and managment. Then you can have stuff like legendaries drop in both instances.

CassSept

kinoki said:
I hate 25-man raids for many reasons and this is just an awesome way to get rid of them.
Now this is something I find ridiculous. "I hate X so it should be removed". Nobody forces you to raid 25-mans, you know. You can raid 10s, do dungeons, play PVP, whatever. It doesn't mean that it should be removed from the game altogether >_>

Interfectum

CassSept said:
Now this is something I find ridiculous. "I hate X so it should be removed". Nobody forces you to raid 25-mans, you know. You can raid 10s, do dungeons, play PVP, whatever. It doesn't mean that it should be removed from the game altogether >_>

I think a more neutral way of saying it is most people want to be able to do 10 mans (which by all accounts is already as hard or harder than 25) and not feel like they are doing the lesser raid . With both 10 and 25 being equal people can do whichever one they like the most.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dina said:
Only thing I don't like about the 10/25 raid changes is that you have fewer raidnights per lockout. Say you beat the first 10/25m raid in 2, maybe 3 nights at first. But you get better, and you clear it in 1 night 2 months later, without a higher raiding tier being there.

What are you going to do that's not PvP? You should outgear heroics by now.
*Ahem*

Play less :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Yeah, I feel the same. In most cases you cant call 10 mans inherently easier.

But in some cases you absolutely can, and Im not talking about outgearing the 10 mans. Sometimes, due to the fight mechanics, the 10 man is just flat out easier. The biting on BQ is a great example. This is also apparent when your doing a boss fight where spacing is very tight due to the room size, yet important because noone can be too far, or to close to someone. The spacing for your ranged on Festergut for example is a joke on 10man. Its not exactly rocket science on 25 either, but I dont think it can be denied that there is simply more room to work with when you have less ranged that needs to be as close to one another as possible without being in puke range of the next person.
It's not too bad on Festergut though because you really only need 8 players to stand in ranged and space out. Everyone else can stack in melee range. Unless you have more than 8 hunters :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm quite pleased with the changes to both raids and the badge system.

My twitter account was fucking hilarious yesterday. Elitist hardcore raiders were having a meltdown over the raid changes.:lol

mclem

I love the changes in principle, but I also know it's going to give me a headache trying to come up with a solution for our guild that's satisfactory for the majority. I can imagine a number of people would want to just do 10s, and while they'd be welcome to, that would then cripple our 25s.

At the moment, I'm toying with taking advantage of the fact that they said they'd be opening with two equal-tier raid instances and designate one as the 25-man instance and one as the 10-man instance each week, swapping either weekly or after we've beaten one.

On the brighter side it's crossed my mind that if they implement the ability to swap between 10 and 25 on the fly, it does mean that I could gather together nine other players before the first raid of the week and burn through the farm content that no-one really wants to do, meaning the 25s can start directly from the content we're working on; an interesting alternative to saving raid IDs.

Evlar

Banned
mclem said:
I love the changes in principle, but I also know it's going to give me a headache trying to come up with a solution for our guild that's satisfactory for the majority. I can imagine a number of people would want to just do 10s, and while they'd be welcome to, that would then cripple our 25s.

At the moment, I'm toying with taking advantage of the fact that they said they'd be opening with two equal-tier raid instances and designate one as the 25-man instance and one as the 10-man instance each week, swapping either weekly or after we've beaten one.

On the brighter side it's crossed my mind that if they implement the ability to swap between 10 and 25 on the fly, it does mean that I could gather together nine other players before the first raid of the week and burn through the farm content that no-one really wants to do, meaning the 25s can start directly from the content we're working on; an interesting alternative to saving raid IDs.
I wonder. Wouldn't the people who hadn't participated in burning through the first wing (or whatever) in 10-man mode be locked out from the second wing until they, too, were credited with those kills? Or will the state of the dungeon be associated with whatever the raid leader has completed?

If your character hasn't killed boss #1, 2, or 3 but participates in a guild 25-man to take down boss #7, will he have the opportunity to go back and finish the others? Or will participating in a late-dungeon 25-man boss completely lock you out of content up to that point?

Just imagine the insanity if everyone's lockout roster is different from boss to boss. "Oh shit, I already killed Gergamel on Thursday. Gotta sit this one out, guys. Re-invite me when you get to Ultrathon in an hour PLZKTHX."

Rapstah

The gear limit the game itself has on Trial of the Champion is way too low. I got sent there on a random heroic and probably wiped the group thrice by myself (although the DPSers were taking mysterious damage from no visible source, I didn't ask because that'd brand me noob). After the third wipe, the entire group started inspecting me and laughing at individual sub-ilvl 200 pieces of my gear. :(

We ended up downing The Black Knight with only the tank alive and me healing her with my last second of Spirit of Redeption... that wasn't popular with the other members' wallets. :(

moojito

Rapstah said:
The gear limit the game itself has on Trial of the Champion is way too low. I got sent there on a random heroic and probably wiped the group thrice by myself (although the DPSers were taking mysterious damage from no visible source, I didn't ask because that'd brand me noob). After the third wipe, the entire group started inspecting me and laughing at individual sub-ilvl 200 pieces of my gear. :(

We ended up downing The Black Knight with only the tank alive and me healing her with my last second of Spirit of Redeption... that wasn't popular with the other members' wallets. :(

I don't want this to sound unreasonably offensive, but not asking makes you the noob. Or not using tools to diagnose a wipe eg skada or recount.

Even if asking what was the source of the damage made you feel like or appear to them a noob, at least you'd know now, but as it is you'd go in there again and not know how to deal with the same problem.

Interfectum

I decided to try out healing with an old level 32 pally I had collecting dust. I transferred him over to my main server and loaded him up with heirloom gear, gold and a pure holy respec. been doing dungeons and battlegrounds and I'm up to 42 without even breaking a sweat. :lol

got a question though, I've been using that healbot addon and while it is really awesome it seems like an addon that I might get too dependent on. are there any other decent healer addons that might be less complex / gameplay changing but still more useful than the default UI?

btw, one thing that is great about being a healer (my first time) is I feel so much more useful than a random DPS. and on battlegrounds right now I'm topping the charts by a factor of 10 in terms of total healing. It's crazy but I feel like I'm actually making a difference... I know in the last AB battleground I did if I wasn't there we would've lost.

So yeah, any addon or general healing tips are appreciated!

Rapstah

moojito said:
I don't want this to sound unreasonably offensive, but not asking makes you the noob. Or not using tools to diagnose a wipe eg skada or recount.

Even if asking what was the source of the damage made you feel like or appear to them a noob, at least you'd know now, but as it is you'd go in there again and not know how to deal with the same problem.
Yeah, I agree, I was the noob, but I didn't go in there. I was sent there by Blizzard's random dungeon tool. I didn't really have a choice.

EDIT: And now the random tool is sending me into ICC 5-mans :/

Retro

MMO-Champ is reporting the Icecrown Buff is now up to 15%.

Dina said:
Only thing I don't like about the 10/25 raid changes is that you have fewer raidnights per lockout. Say you beat the first 10/25m raid in 2, maybe 3 nights at first. But you get better, and you clear it in 1 night 2 months later, without a higher raiding tier being there.

That's pretty much why Blizzard is planning, at least at first, to have multiple small raids instead of one huge raid. So you can go 10-man Raid A, 25-man Raid B, and save Raid C for later in the week.

Honestly though, do people really WANT to raid 5+ nights a week?

Evlar

Banned
Interfectum said:
I decided to try out healing with an old level 32 pally I had collecting dust. I transferred him over to my main server and loaded him up with heirloom gear, gold and a pure holy respec. been doing dungeons and battlegrounds and I'm up to 42 without even breaking a sweat. :lol

got a question though, I've been using that healbot addon and while it is really awesome it seems like an addon that I might get too dependent on. are there any other decent healer addons that might be less complex / gameplay changing but still more useful than the default UI?

btw, one thing that is great about being a healer (my first time) is I feel so much more useful than a random DPS. and on battlegrounds right now I'm topping the charts by a factor of 10 in terms of total healing. It's crazy but I feel like I'm actually making a difference... I know in the last AB battleground I did if I wasn't there we would've lost.

So yeah, any addon or general healing tips are appreciated!
As a healer in raids or battlegrounds it is absolutely essential that you employ a robust UI mod that's customized to give you the information you need in as compact a form as possible. That means you can't avoid Healbot, Grid, Vuhdo, or something similar.

67p0i.png

MMO-Champ said:
The Hellscream's Warsong and Strength of Wrynn buffs in Icecrown Citadel have been increased to 15%. So far, only 9 guilds killed the Lich King in 25-Man Heroic mode, 8 of them with a 10% buff, and 1 with the 5% buff.

Angry Grimace

Rapstah said:
Was there ever a point where there wasn't a buff at all and did no one kill the Lich King in that theoretical period?
There wasn't a buff in the beginning and nobody got close to killing the Heroic LK without it.

Rapstah said:
Was there ever a point where there wasn't a buff at all and did no one kill the Lich King in that theoretical period?

No one has downed Heroic Lich King without the buff. The first kill happened at 5% and no top end guild is going to intentionally hamstring themselves because they want to have bigger epeen. It's not like there is an achievement or anything for it.

notworksafe

Evlar said:
I wonder. Wouldn't the people who hadn't participated in burning through the first wing (or whatever) in 10-man mode be locked out from the second wing until they, too, were credited with those kills? Or will the state of the dungeon be associated with whatever the raid leader has completed?

If your character hasn't killed boss #1, 2, or 3 but participates in a guild 25-man to take down boss #7, will he have the opportunity to go back and finish the others? Or will participating in a late-dungeon 25-man boss completely lock you out of content up to that point?

Just imagine the insanity if everyone's lockout roster is different from boss to boss. "Oh shit, I already killed Gergamel on Thursday. Gotta sit this one out, guys. Re-invite me when you get to Ultrathon in an hour PLZKTHX."
Nope. The raid leader sets the ID. If someone joins that raid that isn't already saved to an ID, that person gets the leader's ID when they enter the raid instance.

Angry Grimace

ShallNoiseUpon said:
No one has downed Heroic Lich King without the buff. The first kill happened at 5% and no top end guild is going to intentionally hamstring themselves because they want to have bigger epeen. It's not like there is an achievement or anything for it.
You would think there would be one though.

Evlar

Banned
notworksafe said:
Nope. The raid leader sets the ID. If someone joins that raid that isn't already saved to an ID, that person gets the leader's ID when they enter the raid instance.
I know that's how it works now; I'm wondering how viable that solution is when the game offers you a toggle that by definition alters the raid composition. Unlike the Normal to Hard Mode toggle, when you hit the 10-man to 25-man toggle you must change your raid. I can't imagine going from 10 to 25 man will happen very often until some bosses early in a raid dungeon are completely drained of loot, since you are apparently guaranteeing that 15 characters cannot get that loot: and with the change that allows only one shot per boss per week, those characters cannot get anything from whatever they skipped for another week. Even if the loot tables are pumped dry you're skipping valor points or whatever.

Going from 25-man to 10-man may seem more sensible; you are still by definition depriving 15 people of loot, but this time from later and presumably more difficult bosses. That looks workable for guilds who can field a decent 25-man team one night a week and a more focused 10-man team a few other nights... though I can see no end to the possible drama that will fall out from people not quite making the cut to get into the 10-man group that's finishing dungeons.

notworksafe

Evlar said:
I know that's how it works now; I'm wondering how viable that solution is when the game offers you a toggle that by definition alters the raid composition. Unlike the Normal to Hard Mode toggle, when you hit the 10-man to 25-man toggle you must change your raid. I can't imagine going from 10 to 25 man will happen very often until some bosses early in a raid dungeon are completely drained of loot, since you are apparently guaranteeing that 15 characters cannot get that loot: and with the change that allows only one shot per boss per week, those characters cannot get anything from whatever they skipped for another week. Even if the loot tables are pumped dry you're skipping valor points or whatever.

Going from 25-man to 10-man may seem more sensible; you are still by definition depriving 15 people of loot, but this time from later and presumably more difficult bosses. That looks workable for guilds who can field a decent 25-man team one night a week and a more focused 10-man team a few other nights... though I can see no end to the possible drama that will fall out from people not quite making the cut to get into the 10-man group that's finishing dungeons.
Well our guild has a "scrub night" and a "progression night" for raiding so I could see the system working out well for that. Take a smaller group of people that need gear to the early bosses and clear them out for the progression 25 man team to finish mopping everything up the next night.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Well our guild has a "scrub night" and a "progression night" for raiding so I could see the system working out well for that. Take a smaller group of people that need gear to the early bosses and clear them out for the progression 25 man team to finish mopping everything up the next night.
We had that too, but we cancelled scrub night because who wants to play with scrubs? :lol

notworksafe

Yeah, we changed ours. It's basically a weekly run for people who couldn't pug it with their current gear and then Vanilla/BC raids for fun and achievements. We're a super casual guild with only real progression night (we've made it to 9/12 though!), so I wanted to come up with something that could include everybody.

EDIT: I supposed what I meant instead of "Scrub Night" was a "Gearing Night". Just a way to get people ready for a bigger 25 man group...and for gearing alts.

J-Rzez

Well, we almost got heroic saurfang down last week with 10% buff and missing some key players. I'm sure with 15% and our best we'll have no troubles, along with the new strat we'll be using. Can't wait.

moojito

This "bosses gain 10% health when people die" thing that saurfang and putricide have is the most irritating mechanic I've every dealt with in WoW. I definitely hope bliz don't think it's something they want to do again.

Dina

Retro said:
MMO-Champ is reporting the Icecrown Buff is now up to 15%.

That's pretty much why Blizzard is planning, at least at first, to have multiple small raids instead of one huge raid. So you can go 10-man Raid A, 25-man Raid B, and save Raid C for later in the week.

Which would mean that we would have 2 entry level raids right off the bat, with 2-3 mid level raids to follow a few months after. I'm not so sure that wants to make all that content when they can make do with 1 raid (see Ulduar and how long that raid took and lasted).

Alex

Some people do, I'm going to go on a spiel about them!

There is a segment of the fanbase in these games that will fight you tooth and claw over any accessibility arrangements that lift the game out of the Everquest dark ages.

Basically those with tons of free time and want to spend it on some awkward attempt at internet prestige. This is where the rage comes from every time Blizzard avenues content options for people who aren't unemployed/dropping out of college

There was a thread in the main gaming forum recently where you could see a few people like this.

Ignore hard modes, rage about shift to a mixture of accessibility and skill over time investment, nearly be brought to tears in some crazed rant over how awful it is that normal people can get armor, etc.

This is of course, also those who subscribe to the notion that the game got easier over time... Which it really actually didn't. It got more accessible and became friendly to schedules and play styles, classical scripting, farming, organizing and raid stacking was all just a mess. Time sinks ahoy!

Anyway, I'm still mostly interested in rated BGs. Does anyone know of any kind of a big write up on them yet? I've only been passingly glancing at Cataclysm thus far.

Shouta

Canceled my WoW account for the time being. Lots of stuff I want to actually do away from the game and I've been burned out on it recently. Doing PUGs for the raids has also been increasingly frustrating because I don't have the GS they want or I don't have the achievement or some bullshit like that. So I can't raid when I'm feeling it is really killing me. My guild isn't big enough to field raids regularly either so I can't do guild runs.

Anyway, I might subscribe again if I get the itch or if Cataclysm really lures me back.

Retro

Dina said:
Which would mean that we would have 2 entry level raids right off the bat, with 2-3 mid level raids to follow a few months after. I'm not so sure that wants to make all that content when they can make do with 1 raid (see Ulduar and how long that raid took and lasted).

Would it be easier to just churn out a single Mega-raid with 30 bosses? Sure. You can reuse a lot of resources, a lot of the trash can be recycled throughout the instance... everything kind of fits a single theme... very easy.

But easier isn't better, and this is Blizzard, after all. I dunno that they've ever taken the easier route, though certainly some of the things they've done have been... questionable in that regard (hello ToC). I like to think that Blizzard realizes making 3 or 4 smaller raids is harder than making 1 or 2 big raids, but is willing to do it anyways in the interest of more interesting content.

Alex said:
Some people do, I'm going to go on a spiel about them!

Thankfully, the most vocal players in support of all the things that (in my opinion) are wrong with the game are also the smallest faction of players overall. People who want to go back to the early days of WoW are fucking morons. Plain and simple. There's absolutely nothing better in Vanilla WoW beyond maybe a few bells and whistles.

Gattsu25

Banned
Renewed my account

You can catch me on the Cho'Gall server as a horde grunt named Ura. Just hit level 20.

I've never made it above level 45 so I'm wondering how far I take this character.

Hurts to have to play on the lowest graphical settings but my laptop runs too hot if I do anything else.

I'm pretty much the worst WoW player ever:
  • I hate the concept of working toward a "build", it immediately drains all fun out of the experience for me.
  • Due to the above my talents and equipment are always unfocused.
  • I don't know how to maximize my playtime so I am chronically broke.
  • I'm not a huge fan of doing raids
  • I generally lose interest in the game as a whole when it starts to take me more than one night's worth of playing to advance a level
  • I don't find the character movement to be particularly 'tight'. The character movement/controls lack weight and momentum.
  • I'm a glutton for pain and enjoyed the tense nature of PUGs in FF11, (so disregard this (and all the above?) complaints as simple insanity) but compared to FFXI, the party system in WoW always felt loose to me (outside of dungeons). Like a few random people who just happen to attacking the same mobs instead of a group of people who need to rely on eachother to survive each encounter (WoW dungeons are MUCH better in this regard) .

I realize that the first point has a cause-and-effect correlation with next few.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Gattsu25 said:
I'm pretty much the worst WoW player ever:
  • I hate the concept of working toward a "build", it immediately drains all fun out of the experience for me.
  • really? i love that. when you finally get that pivotal talent ability that completely changes how you play the character. it's totally awesome.

Gattsu25 said:
    [*]Due to the above my talents and equipment are always unfocused.
    min/max!

Gattsu25 said:
    [*]I generally lose interest in the game as a whole when it starts to take me more than one night's worth of playing to advance a level
    leveling through vanilla content is so easy and fast now.

Gattsu25 said:
    [*]I don't find the character movement to be particularly 'tight'. The character movement/controls lack weight and momentum.
    uhm... weird. i feel the opposite after playing other similar MMOs (Warhammer). Characters move and react perfectly imo. Perhaps you have issues with lag?

Dina

Retro said:
Would it be easier to just churn out a single Mega-raid with 30 bosses? Sure. You can reuse a lot of resources, a lot of the trash can be recycled throughout the instance... everything kind of fits a single theme... very easy.

Except they're not doing that anymore. Think more along the lines of SSC and TK. Which is a good thing, imo. I'm not so sure that Blizzard is up to the task (or should I say, wants to be up the task) to provide ample content with the choice of either 10 or 25, not both.

Retro said:
But easier isn't better, and this is Blizzard, after all. I dunno that they've ever taken the easier route, though certainly some of the things they've done have been... questionable in that regard (hello ToC). I like to think that Blizzard realizes making 3 or 4 smaller raids is harder than making 1 or 2 big raids, but is willing to do it anyways in the interest of more interesting content.

Hope so. I'm not a hardcore raider (3, maybe 4 raidnights) at all, so it's still good.

Milpool

Scrow said:
uhm... weird. i feel the opposite after playing other similar MMOs (Warhammer). Characters move and react perfectly imo. Perhaps you have issues with lag?

I think that's his issue, right now the player runs at a constant speed when you press forward and stop dead when you let go. Sounds like he'd rather the character build up speed as you run forwards and not stop so suddenly.

Mounts seem especially rigid in that regard.

Interfectum

Scrow said:

Same.

I've found WoW to be one of the only MMOs that's nailed movement perfectly. It's funny that you mention Warhammer because that was the first thing I noticed when I tried it out. It looked like the character was gliding along the ground, not actually walking.

FLEABttn

Banned
Milpool said:
I think that's his issue, right now the player runs at a constant speed when you press forward and stop dead when you let go. Sounds like he'd rather the character build up speed as you run forwards and not stop so suddenly.

Mounts seem especially rigid in that regard.

You could argue it's not realistic but frankly, in a game where most people play for significantly more time than any other game that would do that, I think it would get annoying very quickly.

Milpool

FLEABttn said:
You could argue it's not realistic but frankly, in a game where most people play for significantly more time than any other game that would do that, I think it would get annoying very quickly.

I agree, plus the instant controls are pretty much needed when you have to get out of void zone, etc quickly.

Retro

A sense of momentum could easily be provided without radically altering the way the game controls now, simply by introducing a small speed buff (5-10%) after continuously running for a short period of time (say, 3-5 seconds). The character animation would then change from the current run animation to a more 'sprint'-looking animation. You'd still be able to come to a dead stop like you can now, but maybe add a small stopping animation when coming out of a sprint.

Give certain classes the ability to increase the sprint's speed or decrease the time it takes to build to sprinting speed, and you have two ways to improve movement with a built in ramp-up time.

I also think roads should give an invisible buff to movement, something like 5-10% extra. Would decrease travel time between points but lazy players would never find things hidden off the road.

But then again, I'm fucking craaaaaaaazzzzy.
fwhkz.jpg

notworksafe

Isn't that just called "Plainsrunning"? That's what Tauren had instead of mounts before the game launched. It was a really cool idea in that you'd get the mount speed buff after running for the length of a mount cast time (three second then, I believe). I was sad that it got taken out because it would be awesome now to get it on any Horde race. Blizzard said it was overpowered for PVP though, so it got removed.

EDIT: Ah, it was running for 10 seconds. More info here:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Plainsrunning

Retro

notworksafe said:
Isn't that just called "Plainsrunning"? That's what Tauren had instead of mounts before the game launched. It was a really cool idea in that you'd get the mount speed buff after running for the length of a mount cast time (three second then, I believe). I was sad that it got talen out because it would be awesome now to get it on any Horde race. Blizzard said it was overpowered for PVP though, so it got removed.

Not entirely. I'm not talking about full mounted speed, just an animation change and a very small speed boost to provide the 'oomph' players would expect when switching from a jog to a full-out run.

They also removed Plainsrunning right around launch (pretty sure it was mentioned in the Player's Manual though), which was 6 years ago. I think the idea could have merit as a class-specific ability or even as a racial for Worgen (who are supposed to get a sprint, but just cloning the rogue ability seems a little cheap).

The idea is, if you're running for x seconds, you get a little speed boost and a cool new running animation, making WoW seem more... momentum-y. But like I said... Crazy.:lol

J-Rzez

Shouta said:
Canceled my WoW account for the time being. Lots of stuff I want to actually do away from the game and I've been burned out on it recently. Doing PUGs for the raids has also been increasingly frustrating because I don't have the GS they want or I don't have the achievement or some bullshit like that. So I can't raid when I'm feeling it is really killing me. My guild isn't big enough to field raids regularly either so I can't do guild runs.

Anyway, I might subscribe again if I get the itch or if Cataclysm really lures me back.

I can totally understand getting burnt out on it as it's happened to be about two or three times already. This time around I'm playing it much more casually and it has worked out great for me. Yeah, each week pugs will continue to boost their "GS" requirements. The way around that is to have you and your guild start the pug and pull people in yourselves. Works for many guilds on my server. I'm sure many went a little further with the zone buff going up too which will compensate for some gear.

Cataclysm is looking to be pretty good "game wise" with the changes so far, especially for people with not nearly as much time on their hands as others, and can still be rewarded for the time they put in. Only thing I worry about in it is the class homogenization.

Retro

J-Rzez said:
Only thing I worry about in it is the class homogenization.

If you read between the lines, I don't think that's going to be the case. Expect more homogenization ahead;

Nethaera said:
We of course recognize the logistical realities of organizing larger groups of people, so while the loot quality will not change, 25-player versions will drop a higher quantity of loot per player (items, but also badges, and even gold), making it a more efficient route if you're able to gather the people. The raid designers are designing encounters with these changes in mind, and the class designers are making class changes to help make 10-person groups easier to build. Running 25-player raids will be a bit more lucrative, as should be expected, but if for a week or two you need to do 10s because half the guild is away on vacation, you can do that and not suffer a dramatic loss to your ability to get the items you want.
(Source)

"Easier to build" = "no waiting for class X, since class A, B, and C can do X's job now too!"

moojito

It could also mean reducing the importance of raid buffs provided by classes. I predict a tenacity like buff which would bring the power of a 10 man raid up to the level of 25s for instance balancing, maybe by giving everyone all raid buffs and upping their damage a bit, something like that.

Retro

MMO-Champion said:
PTR Character Copies now available
PTR Character Copy has been reactivated and is now available. Now why should we care about that? I'll give you a screenshot to help the thinking process.
fjolsi.jpg

When was the last time Blizzard needed a server for Blizzcon? Something is coming on PTRs, and it might not be Patch 3.3.5.
(source)

Thoughts on what this might be? I'm guessing it's something simple like Tournament or something that just isn't labeled yet... but who knows. I'm thinking Cataclysm will be playable at Blizzcon, and rather than show off the starting zones for Goblins/Furries, they'll let people copy their characters to get a taste of the higher level content/revamped world.

Gattsu25

Banned
Scrow said:
really? i love that. when you finally get that pivotal talent ability that completely changes how you play the character. it's totally awesome.

min/max!

leveling through vanilla content is so easy and fast now.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when my character unlocks a new ability that changes the gameplay up. I just despise the concept of working towards a build.

I hate mix/maxing in all games. It's counter to my entirely unplanned approach to entertainment. I like being surprised by what will come next.

I've heard that it's gotten substantially better from when I last played. That was my main reason for renewing.

It really is hard to pin down but Milpool isn't far from it. I don't exactly want them to change the way your character controls just to add a couple of the tricks other modern games use to grant the appearance of weight. Even something as silly as a 1/3 second animation-only skid when your character pulls a 180 or the option for a camera that is a little more tightly coupled to the character.

Alex

Cataclysm looks awesome, which perturbs me as when I quit I wasn't planning on really playing again for a good long while. :lol.

The metric fuckton of guild systems, the rated bgs and point systems and the reformed raids for tighter circles really, really all thrills me.

Retro

Alex said:
Cataclysm looks awesome, which perturbs me as when I quit I wasn't planning on really playing again for a good long while. :lol.

The metric fuckton of guild systems, the rated bgs and point systems and the reformed raids for tighter circles really, really all thrills me.

Yeah, Lich King pretty much had everyone I know saying "This is my last expansion, I can't deal with this shit anymore", myself included. But all of the Cataclysm news sounds like our biggest individual gripes will be fixed.

No more PUG'ing a shit ton of people for top-end content? No more "OMG, they capped once, let them win" whiners in BGs? Revised old world and leveling experience? Improved Badge system? It's like the huge glaring flaws that WotLK seemed to make all the clearer are getting stomped out methodically.

My circle of friends is mostly family, and there's 6 or 7 of us if the stars align and we can all get on at the same time. Ulduar and guild drama has resulted in us forming our own little family & friends guild, but it's really tempting to start finding new people. I hate the fucking morons in this game, but I honestly kind of miss logging in and hamming it up with new friends... so we'll see.

Remove Arenas, go easy on the Pallies... and that'd pretty much make Cataclysm perfect.

Retro said:
(source)

Thoughts on what this might be? I'm guessing it's something simple like Tournament or something that just isn't labeled yet... but who knows. I'm thinking Cataclysm will be playable at Blizzcon, and rather than show off the starting zones for Goblins/Furries, they'll let people copy their characters to get a taste of the higher level content/revamped world.

That's pretty much what it is. Have players get a sneak peek at Hyjal/Other entry area or create some Goblin or Worgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom