• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

The last Friends and Family Beta, there were a ton of leaks, and a lot of it that the usual sites (MMO-champ, wow.com) refused to cover. I know there was a WotLK Wiki or something like that with a ton of info...

That said... I kind of want to avoid being spoiled this time around. I feel like I knew where everything was in WotLK before it launched. I'd much rather be surprised on launch date. That's not to say I'm going to stop reading the usual sites and this thread... I'm just not going to go out of the way for info.

Just as my account runs out of time. Oh FUCK! So so close now. I can almost taste the beta.

Also, Zarhym had more to say about the LFD tool in Cataclysm. Pretty much confirms what was said by the Spanish CM.

Zarhym said:
We haven't fully decided on the attunement criteria for our dungeons and raids, if any. You're not likely to see very stringent attunements, particularly for dungeons. It is true that players will not be able to enter Azeroth the day Cataclysm is released and queue for a new dungeon using the LFD tool. The dungeon must be discovered on the map before it is unlocked in the tool. We do intend to make the gear requirements for Heroic dungeons a little less forgiving than they currently are in Wrath of the Lich King.

Less gear requirements for heroics is a good move though.

notworksafe said:
Less forgiving, not less. No such luck man. :lol

Well I didn't mean that kind of less. I'm just saying those with Heirloom items will have an easier way getting into them as was the case with ToC 5-man.

Fularu

Banned
Awesome, the F&F started, I was in both BC and wotlk betas, here's hoping I get a key again this time around :)

This is reigniting my interest in the game

notworksafe

HarryDemeanor said:
Well I didn't mean that kind of less. I'm just saying those with Heirloom items will have an easier way getting into them as was the case with ToC 5-man.
Sadly I think Blizz has said Heirlooms won't work past 80. That's kind of stupid, but I guess that they want people to at least see all of the Cataclysm leveling content once.

mileS

Don't know why people would make a big deal about gear req for heroics considering last night I ran my daily and I got stuck with a DK tank with 20k health and a pally healer with 14k mana.

notworksafe said:
Sadly I think Blizz has said Heirlooms won't work past 80. That's kind of stupid, but I guess that they want people to at least see all of the Cataclysm leveling content once.

Wow, that really sucks to hear. Hopefully they decide to revert the change once the first or second patch arrives.

Fularu

Banned
They won't provide aditional experience past 80, they'll keep their 80 stats. So in the end, they won't be useless, they just won't give you an unfair advantage.

Expect Cata specific heirlooms once you reach 85

J-Rzez

Fularu said:
They won't provide aditional experience past 80, they'll keep their 80 stats. So in the end, they won't be useless, they just won't give you an unfair advantage.

Expect Cata specific heirlooms once you reach 85

I believe they were tied to a "guild" system no? As in a perk for leveling up your guild rank? Maybe I'm wrong.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mileS said:
Don't know why people would make a big deal about gear req for heroics considering last night I ran my daily and I got stuck with a DK tank with 20k health and a pally healer with 14k mana.
I used to tank Heroics with 23.5K health and I never died. Heroics were never hard in WotLK until parts of Halls of Reflection on certain types of characters.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Xabora said:
I really don't like gearscore, but I use this to shut up people when I tell them it sucks.

Normally they would go off about anyone that says they hate gearscore has a terrible score.
I goto this terrible site: http://wtfismygearscore.com/gearscore.php?n=Ardhavara&s=Undermine&r=US

Grab my number, and tell them to go elsewhere. :lol
See I have no idea about gearscore or what the bar is to having a great gearscore, but I told a few others (in my RP guild who occasionally raid on alts) your number and they were all "omg that's epic."

What type of DPS do you pull these days? I know I've seen your screenies a few times in the past but you haven't pasted them as of late.

CassSept

Ladies and Gentlemen,
DEATHWING
14skshw.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Love the design. Did someone rip off his lower jaw? :lol

Its odd seeing such high quality models against the old world backdrop though. Its like two different games in one. And yes i realize that the world will change. Not a nitpick just an observation is all.

UnblessedSoul said:
He looks epic, what's he doing in SW though?
Turns out, he was masquerading as the kid! :eek: :lol

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
angry grimace - just wanted to say thanks... between grabbing deep freeze and Glyph of Eternal Water my DPS shot through the roof. Deep Freeze is procing almost as fast as its cooldown and 100% uptime on the water elemental has bumped my DPS by around 50%. Even more ridiculous is that I am now running around the normal map pretty much with zero downtime.. literally zero downtime. mobs are dying faster than my mana is depleting and if I ever get into a tough situation where my elemental gets too low in health I just dismiss him and summon a new one for 250ish mana. This has literally changed the entire game for me at this point. Thanks again! :)

mclem

UnblessedSoul said:
He looks epic, what's he doing in SW though?

Look just above him, you can see a player name. I would imagine something along the lines of a private server using the data from the alpha, and hacking to change your model to something else from the codebase. In other words, Deathwing isn't in SW, a player whose changed his model to Deathwing is in SW.

I saw someone doing something similar on Live in Shattrath a while back, although if I remember right he could only clone himself into something he could see. I suspect he was banned for that; it wasn't subtle. But it was weird to see A'dal pootling around town.

moojito

They should make a massive boss that the raid has to climb up and over using jet packs. Imagine a boss from shadow of the colossus. The raid jumps up onto the tail, kills a bit, then moves up to the back, etc. That would be awesome.

Acidote

He looks... smaller than I thought, considering how big Alextrasza is at the Wrath Gate and Deathwing being the biggest Aspect lorewise.

Rapstah

Acidote said:
He looks... smaller than I thought, considering how big Alextrasza is at the Wrath Gate and Deathwing being the biggest Aspect lorewise.
Scale isn't neccesarily built into the model itself.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Xabora said:
I really don't like gearscore, but I use this to shut up people when I tell them it sucks.

Normally they would go off about anyone that says they hate gearscore has a terrible score.
I goto this terrible site: http://wtfismygearscore.com/gearscore.php?n=Ardhavara&s=Undermine&r=US

Grab my number, and tell them to go elsewhere. :lol
To be fair, you're probably in a really tight guild where everyone you run with is really skilled so you don't have to pug anything with people you don't know. You can "afford" to shit on gearscore.

moojito

The "valid" points people make about gearscore would be fine if they were made about something like Elitist group, which gives a much better indication of competance than gearscore, which would rate someone in all pvp gear with silly gems highly.

Flib

After dodging it for a while, finally decided to try healing heroic halls of reflection on my druid last night. Was worried because the group I zoned in with didn't seem to be well geared, but it ended up being a piece of cake and no one died. The waves are so easy on a druid, since everyone naturally stacks close so Wild Growth always hits everyone.

Also, finally got over my reluctance to tank on my druid and ran some heroics. I hadn't tanked since an abortive Ramparts run when I was 64 (it was my first time tanking, we finished the instance but I had 2 dk's death gripping and laying down death and decays before I could even swipe...it scarred me). I actually really enjoy tanking on this toon, it's pretty easy and I enjoy being a retarded looking suicidal bear. I'm used to tanking on my DK, but I actually like the simplicity of the druid, makes it easier to be more situationally aware.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
dread9 said:
I would like to be a friend and a family member to whoever can give me a key! I'm important!
Begging on THIS forum will get you nowhere in a hot minute.

Angry Grimace

dread9 said:
Are you saying I should make a Cataclysm key begging thread?
I'm saying there's nobody here who has the ability to give you one. You can start begging pathetically whtn the public beta shows up.

dread9

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I'm saying there's nobody here who has the ability to give you one. You can start begging pathetically whtn the public beta shows up.
I know, I was being slightly sarcastic initially, I know theres no chance of getting one. I will resume my hopeless begging back when the beta opens up.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Acidote said:
Why do people keep thinking he's gonna be the size of mount Everest? The only pic we've seen where we can truly see his scale as comparable to something in-game now is the pic where he's fighting Alextrasza, and they're about the same size.

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Magazine2CoverArtwork.jpg

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
The only thing I don't get is why Blizz would give BB, the biggest leaker on the planet a key.:p
Because that way if anything gets leaked, they can ban him.

falastini

Tamanon said:
F that, if they were to add a Northrend race, make it the Tuskarr!

werd

I forgot about them, though we have a lot of bestial races in Horde already, which is why I said Vyrkul. Also, the Arrokoa would be pretty awesome. I remember there being a quest were you got an item to transform into one in Terrokar. I never turned it in, so I could run around as one whenever I was in the zone:lol . I think it worked in the Auchindoun instances as well.

Angry Grimace

falastini said:
werd

I forgot about them, though we have a lot of bestial races in Horde already, which is why I said Vyrkul. Also, the Arrokoa would be pretty awesome. I remember there being a quest were you got an item to transform into one in Terrokar. I never turned it in, so I could run around as one whenever I was in the zone:lol . I think it worked in the Auchindoun instances as well.
I was hoping for Furblogs instead of Worgens, myself.

notworksafe

falastini said:
werd

This! I've been wanting to play as an Arrokoa since I did that quest!

Tamanon

Banned
Cataclysm Friends & Family Alpha Update
Apparently, a few people are interested in that "Cataclysm" thing and I guess it's time for an update of what's going on.

The Alpha is protected by a Non-disclosure agreement, which basically means that anything I could post could get my ass sued. I'm not saying it will happen, Blizzard has been fairly forgiving with everything posted on the site in this past but I think you will understand that I cannot just post everything I find without checking a few things first.

For the moment, Alpha related posts on the forums aren't moderated (it would be stupid to think we can moderate all the posts about it) but people trying to scam or spread false rumors will be rewarded with a 3 months ban from the forums. Anyone linking or advertising emulation/cheating sites will be permanently banned from the forums.

And because you're all going to ask anyway, yes, the Deathwing model posted everywhere on the forums is real.

Hmmm, interesting that he won't be moderating the Alpha posts on the forums at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom