• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

The PVP part of the Children's Week meta-achievement isn't fair. How the fuck am I supposed to cap the flag in Eye of the Storm, a BG in which the best tactic is NOT CAPTURING THE FLAG, and capture a tower in Alterac Valley, WHERE THERE ARE A TOTAL OF FOUR TOWERS THAT ARE CAPPABLE ONCE BETWEEN 40 PLAYERS?

notworksafe

Rapstah said:
The PVP part of the Children's Week meta-achievement isn't fair. How the fuck am I supposed to cap the flag in Eye of the Storm, a BG in which the best tactic is NOT CAPTURING THE FLAG, and capture a tower in Alterac Valley, WHERE THERE ARE A TOTAL OF FOUR TOWERS THAT ARE CAPPABLE ONCE BETWEEN 40 PLAYERS?
Just keep at it. It took me two days of doing nothing but BGs to get it done. I've got faith in you! If you are lucky you may get an AV where the Alliance and Horde are trading off with assaulting and defending the towers. A few of my guildmates got lucky with that.

Interfectum

Rapstah said:

It's a challenging achievement... what's wrong with that?

Rapstah

Interfectum said:
It's a challenging achievement... what's wrong with that?
That it's completely against the point of three of the BGs! Rather than playing AV, EOTS or WG correctly, people are rushing to the towers while skipping Galv/Balinda, capping the flag and ignoring the bases or defending the entire duration respectively.

EDIT: FUCKING ASS, JUST GOT BEAT TO AN ALTERAC VALLEY FLAG BY MILLISECONDS BY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN ORPHAN OUT.

32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
Hmmm, interesting that he won't be moderating the Alpha posts on the forums at least.
I don't even know why he'd accept an invite bound by non-disclosure. Doesn't sound too smart.

Kryor

Neo Member
Does anyone want to RAF with me? I'm rerolling a priest on Lightning's Blade server (US), I'm willing to healbot you all the way to lvl 60 or 80.

Interfectum

Angry Grimace said:
I don't even know why he'd accept an invite bound by non-disclosure. Doesn't sound too smart.

?

He could build a huge article over time about the game and the second the NDA is up put it on his site. Seems like a money maker to me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Interfectum said:
?

He could build a huge article over time about the game and the second the NDA is up put it on his site. Seems like a money maker to me.
He could do that anyways by just getting someone with an Alpha key to tell him shit like everyone else will do.

Interfectum

Rapstah said:
That it's completely against the point of three of the BGs! Rather than playing AV, EOTS or WG correctly, people are rushing to the towers while skipping Galv/Balinda, capping the flag and ignoring the bases or defending the entire duration respectively.

EDIT: FUCKING ASS, JUST GOT BEAT TO AN ALTERAC VALLEY FLAG BY MILLISECONDS BY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN ORPHAN OUT.

32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png
32zrjf5.png

It's a week of pure BG chaos... it's awesome. Frustrated people yelling at each other in chat, barking orders, leaving in disgust, people being confused as to what to do eventhough they are in full epic PvP gear... oh wait that's every alliance BG in my battlegroup (ruin) all year long :lol

Rapstah

And between the fucking failed BGs I'm thrown into random heroic rounds of Trial of the Champion. "MY ROTTING FLESH WAS JUST GETTING IN THE WAY!" AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND I'LL FUCKING EAT MY OWN HEAD

Xabora

Tamanon said:
Hmmm, interesting that he won't be moderating the Alpha posts on the forums at least.
Actually he has been.
They've deleted the deathwing pic numerous times already from what I've read on his forums.

firex

Rapstah said:
I got all of those last year pretty easily. Just make a group for EotS, and they'll watch your back while you do the same for them. AV is a little tougher but not really, because you just make sure to once again go with your group to whatever tower is first and cap it. Easier said than done, sure, but SH bunker isn't too hard to grab first if you're horde. Not really sure about the other side because I don't play the bad guys.

J-Rzez

Umm, wtf... It's been a handful of hours and we didn't get swamped in leaks yet, other than that deathwing thing again? And yet, the biggest dataminer has a key and didn't break yet which is BB. I'm sure it's killing him though, absolutely killing him. He'll probably live stream within the hour.

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Umm, wtf... It's been a handful of hours and we didn't get swamped in leaks yet, other than that deathwing thing again? And yet, the biggest dataminer has a key and didn't break yet which is BB. I'm sure it's killing him though, absolutely killing him. He'll probably live stream within the hour.
Just going to leave this here:
http://pastebin.com/s3SUTJL0

Xabora

Tamanon said:
Yeah, I don't get it either, what's the link supposed to signify?
Boub has been datamining Cata MPQs and hosting his finds on his server.
Possibly shared a link with someone, that got leaked and well... Hello Deathwing.

traveler

Not Wario
Tamanon said:
Yeah, I don't get it either, what's the link supposed to signify?

The Deathwing model getting out was an accident. Boub trusted a friend apparently and, well, doesn't look like he's feeling too friendly towards that person any more. :lol

Boub is bibi, for those who don't know.

Milpool

Are the car and manbearpig mounts for Goblins and Worgens definite, or were they just possibilities when they were shown last year?

Acidote

sykoex said:
Why do people keep thinking he's gonna be the size of mount Everest? The only pic we've seen where we can truly see his scale as comparable to something in-game now is the pic where he's fighting Alextrasza, and they're about the same size.

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Magazine2CoverArtwork.jpg

Not the mount Everest, but substantially bigger than Alextrasza according to the rigid :)lol :lol :lol) WoW Lore. And it's awesome :)lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol) books.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Acidote said:
Not the mount Everest, but substantially bigger than Alextrasza according to the rigid :)lol :lol :lol) WoW Lore. And it's awesome :)lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol) books.
Is there a source for this?

Either way, I was relieved to see he was about the same size as most dragons in-game. It'd be silly if whenever you see him in game, you're basically just staring at his toenail.

mclem

sykoex said:
Either way, I was relieved to see he was about the same size as most dragons in-game. It'd be silly if whenever you see him in game, you're basically just staring at his toenail.

I'm a tank. I suspect that's what I'll be seeing during the important bits, anyhow.

Acidote

sykoex said:
Is there a source for this?

I read some descriptions in the horrendous book that is "Day of the Dragon".

Also: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/august/artpanel_021.jpg

Can you see the size of those toenails? ;-)

And in other of those novels ("Beyond the Dark Portal"?) they say Deathwing outsizes Gruul too.

Anyways, I can see a BIG part of the fight vs Deathwing in his human form.

mileS

I've been playing off and on for about 5 years and it still blows me away at how many angry angry kids play this game.

Gattsu25

Banned
Got my draenei shaman to level 44. One more level and it officially becomes the highest I've ever leveled a character in WoW.

Didn't know you got EXP from battlegrounds. Dinged in WSG and was more shocked than anything else.

Decided to change my spec and am slowly working through my inventory and replacing each part.

firex

I hope those monkey mobs can be tamed by hunters. That or they add giant frogs to that island which can also be tamed.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Gattsu25 said:
Got my draenei shaman to level 44. One more level and it officially becomes the highest I've ever leveled a character in WoW.

Didn't know you got EXP from battlegrounds. Dinged in WSG and was more shocked than anything else.

Decided to change my spec and am slowly working through my inventory and replacing each part.

Dude, once you get high enough queue for AV ASAP. You will fly through those levels, the xp from in there stays ridiculous til the low 60's.

FLEABttn

Banned
vitaminwateryum said:
Dude, once you get high enough queue for AV ASAP. You will fly through those levels, the xp from in there stays ridiculous til the low 60's.

If you don't mind being a little bored and know a level 80 tank willing to drag you through instances, that's a very quick way to level, even without recruit a friend. I think my longest level has been 40 minutes.

Aeris130

vitaminwateryum said:

Never played AV. Can the experience be gained by playing normally, or do you have to play like an idiot and "farm" certain aspects of it in order to maximise your gain?

Tamanon

Banned
You can get great XP just by playing normally and doing everything you normally would to try and win. XP for kills, XP for tower caps and miniboss killing. XP for wins.

notworksafe

The real question is why they ride pigs. Did they eat all the horses in their country or something? After all, they are just another human race.

What says worgen won't have customization for their human forms? Considering you'll be human much of the time, it would be seriously stupid if everyone looked the same. At least the game needs corresponding looks based on your worgen form so you don't get a black worgen but a redhead human.

And since the human form seems to be mostly just a regular human anyway, I don't see why not.

Evlar

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
What says worgen won't have customization for their human forms? Considering you'll be human much of the time, it would be seriously stupid if everyone looked the same. At least the game needs corresponding looks based on your worgen form so you don't get a black worgen but a redhead human.

And since the human form seems to be mostly just a regular human anyway, I don't see why not.
I haven't heard, but I would hope they will implement a system like Druid's Bear Form (except in reverse).

SiegfriedFM said:

I'm sure they're implement some human customization options for your Worgen too. Not sure if they'll go the Druid route or just put an extra set of options during the character creation.

Tamanon

Banned
They'll probably just have it where whatever you pick for your worgen features influences how your human form looks, just like the druid forms.

Angry Grimace

Milpool said:
Speaking of druids, I hope the travel and tree forms get some sort of update. I'm tired of lego cat.
Well you aren't going to be seeing much of tree form at all.

But I hate the design of "new" Tree form. I'm always suspect of Healing "cooldowns" because I haven't really run into a situation in which I would have time to make a conscious choice to use them beyond something that just instantly heals a large amount of people, i.e. Divine Hymn/Tranquility. The idea of popping something that would make me heal for more over X seconds doesn't sound like something that would make a whole lot of sense unless they are planning to make druids heal for less when they AREN'T in tree form.

firex

Angry Grimace said:
Well you aren't going to be seeing much of tree form at all.

But I hate the design of "new" Tree form. I'm always suspect of Healing "cooldowns" because I haven't really run into a situation in which I would have time to make a conscious choice to use them beyond something that just instantly heals a large amount of people, i.e. Divine Hymn/Tranquility. The idea of popping something that would make me heal for more over X seconds doesn't sound like something that would make a whole lot of sense unless they are planning to make druids heal for less when they AREN'T in tree form.
It sounds a lot like the shaman cooldown for increased healing crits, which I just macro to trinkets. So, more like something to use when a damage spike phase comes in or some other timered thing pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom