• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
firex said:
It sounds a lot like the shaman cooldown for increased healing crits, which I just macro to trinkets. So, more like something to use when a damage spike phase comes in or some other timered thing pops up.
The problem is, Blizzard never actually designs encounters such that you'll need that to survive because not every class has the ability to do that.

firex

It's probably going to be changed into a crappy cooldown anyway, instead of a passive healing increase form or even a short-term healing boost. The other reason I use that crit cooldown on my shaman is for extra mana from improved water shield, so it's actually worth using at about 50% mana, but it's still pretty situational. It might turn into just a raid talent.

Also, it might wind up being a combination of always-on passive healing bonus and cooldown effect, since it's one of those capstone talents.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
On #mmo-champion they did some digging and found the lowbie avatars for the new races:

2ewhzdu.jpg

14mqhjk.jpg

2urqrlx.jpg

2z5od3t.jpg

The female Worgen ended up just being a placeholder silhouette. :(

When the guy posted the final link, female worgen, the one everyone's been wanting to see, the response was kinda funny when everyone clicked it and was cockblocked.
[13:55] <KaNNis> http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/images/portraits/wow/1-22-1.gif
[13:55] <KaNNis> Fuck.
[13:55] <HAZJ> yep
[13:55] <HAZJ> fuck indeed
[13:55] <Katsper> hahahha
[13:55] <Bacail> lol
[13:55] <Humma> win
[13:55] <@Dinnerbone> Haha
[13:55] <Oxymoron> Hahaha.
[13:55] <Katsper> owned
[13:55] <Jaccce> Haha
[13:55] <drgreenhy> lool
[13:55] <Eladia> lloool
[13:55] <Samin> hahahaha
[13:55] <Samin> epic
[13:55] <Nikko> lol
[13:55] <drgreenhy> nice man
[13:55] <drgreenhy> epic
[13:55] <Skeleton> Thats just evil.
[13:55] <Zeroner> epic
[13:55] <FuryZ> haha'
[13:55] <Katsper> at least we know how big ears they gonna have
[13:56] <@vhellociraptor> hahaha
[13:56] <HAZJ> those are placeholder guys, remember DK's portait in the past
[13:56] <Samin> they just know us too well :)
[13:56] <FuryZ> they anticipated that
[13:56] <akira_> they keep playin on us..

notworksafe

Female Worgen just sound weird anyway. That's one of the few races where I wouldn't ever roll a female (the others being Orc, Troll, Tauren, and Dwarf).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I remember reading the comments when female Draenai form came out and everyone was like "Oh god, here comes the flood of creeps" :lol

Wasn't there a rumor that female worgen would look more feline? Not sure I like that idea, but judging from that silhouette it might be true.

I'd prefer a more slender wolf form, more like a collie. Furries be damned.

The female worgen on the Halloween mask just looked like it was trying to look sexy with those eyelids. It was creepy and looked like a furry. I hope they go for more of an animal look like Tauren girls. You can't say Tauren girls are meant to look any kind of sexy. They're basically cows on 2 legs.

J-Rzez

keeblerdrow said:
You people sound like you're scared to death by furries. What, you think they'll infect you?

Some of those people are scared because they might be strangely aroused by said furries. They're just trying to get themselves over it. Others afraid of being "laughed" at. You can say they're Closet Furries?

Tamanon

Banned
1. The gain is every level. You don't have to reach certain milestones for your Shadow Bolt damage to increase. One of the scaling problems we have currently is that any spell without a level 80 rank starts to fall behind. Imagine Shadow Bolt just has 85 (free and automatic) ranks.

2. We changed the level at which you get abilities, in some cases dramatically. Currently, you get showered with abilities at low level, many of which aren't even useful when soloing. By sliding these around we have every class to where you get an ability about every odd level. There are still some dry spells for some classes, but then you have talents and other things that fill in some blanks.

3. Related, the spell book tells you at what level you will get future abilities so you can plan accordingly. In addition, when you ding, the UI tells you not only about newly available spells, but also systems and mechanics not tied to your class trainer, such as the ability to train riding, dual spec or use Dungeon Finder. It's pretty sweet. Our UI team is kicking some major booty for Cataclysm.

Little bit more info on the new skill ranks/spell book. As someone who has tried leveling a mage up again, I can definitely attest to how frustrating it is when you're a level away from a new ran of spell and your current one has horrible damage-to-mana ratios. I like that you'll see your future spells in the book though, that'll help newbies out, or those who don't want to go to Wowhead all the time.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Some of those people are scared because they might be strangely aroused by said furries. They're just trying to get themselves over it. Others afraid of being "laughed" at. You can say they're Closet Furries?
I had a lot of fun just now going back to review the posts pre BC and Wrath.

The term "elf-loving funboys" was used a lot to describe the then-incoming Blood Elves and how the game was going to be ruined by them.

Also, long rants on how casuals ruined the game via 40 man raids being reduced to 25.

keeblerdrow said:
You people sound like you're scared to death by furries. What, you think they'll infect you?

I'm not scared of furries, WoW's population is already bad. Nothing to ruin there.

I think that the choices of models for Worgen that we've seen thus far just look incredibly terrible.

Gattsu25

Banned
vitaminwateryum said:
Dude, once you get high enough queue for AV ASAP. You will fly through those levels, the xp from in there stays ridiculous til the low 60's.
Tamanon said:
You can get great XP just by playing normally and doing everything you normally would to try and win. XP for kills, XP for tower caps and miniboss killing. XP for wins.
Sounds like a plan. I participated in a public test realm once and pretty much spent an entire week playing absolutely nothing but Alterac Valley. It was very fun and I could easily see myself playing that nonstop.

What level is that available at?
FLEABttn said:
If you don't mind being a little bored and know a level 80 tank willing to drag you through instances, that's a very quick way to level, even without recruit a friend. I think my longest level has been 40 minutes.
When I logged into this character I found out that my old guild had dissolved and I haven't joined up to a new one yet.

I haven't played on this character since just after Wrath was released IIRC. It's been forever. My server (Dalvengyr) went from Medium population to Low, as well, so there's fewer guilds to choose from.

Kletian

Hey the Forgotten/Faceless ones were barely used in Wrath, I'm ok with them coming back in Cata, they were pretty sweet models.

Kletian said:
Hey the Forgotten/Faceless ones were barely used in Wrath, I'm ok with them coming back in Cata, they were pretty sweet models.

I dunno, after so many OK randoms on alts, I've had just about enough Forgotten Ones.

CassSept

It's just the same as with making raiding content easier - they want more people to see it. These models are pretty damn good and they weren't used too much before (and make sense). I'm sad though as it seems that Marrowgar model will be re-used, just like putting RoS randomly into this first ICC dungeon.

CassSept

Freyjadour said:
And the floodgates are open.

Rogues get +% to armor contribution in combat :lol
PVP change obviously, just like this talent near the end that reduces damage while this healing finisher is up.

Orgrimmar is beautiful :eek:

Blackface

Banned
A lot of information were floating around the usual IRC channels since this morning. I assume he just said fuck it and gathered up everything and posted it.

Stream's dead already :lol

Troll Warlocks? Awesome!

Children of Deathwing
50 yd range
Instant
Nefarion and Onyxia attack 101% faster when they are together.

HOLY SHIT.

My theory about that spell is that it's just a fake to stir up dataminers. There's no way they'd put in such a spell for a raid this early in the alpha, just begging to be datamined and put in front of the whole world, showing a raid mechanic and pretty big 'spoiler'.

Sciz

Orbitcube said:
My theory about that spell is that it's just a fake to stir up dataminers. There's no way they'd put in such a spell for a raid this early in the alpha, just begging to be datamined and put in front of the whole world, showing a raid mechanic and pretty big 'spoiler'.
Unless it isn't a raid mechanic at all.

Sciz said:
Unless it isn't a raid mechanic at all.
Sounds like a Twin Emperors sort of thing to me and there's no chance they'd do that in a 5man, though I guess could be quest-related if they're willing to send you into Blackrock for a few of them.

Wow! Orgrimmar looks great. It looks like there won't be any more hanging out on top of the bank though.

I hope that Rogue talent tree is not done. I went through trying to make a combat spec and I was pretty much forced to take talents I don't take now to get to the bottom and then I just spent them in the combat tree anyway 'cause restless blades looks pretty good. I was hoping I'd have some points I didn't have to spend on DPS talents to spend on something like Master of Deception. Definitely can't be done.

Angry Grimace

Ouch at new Tree of Life. Just as useless as I thought; it just "does more" healing (plus is on a 5 minute cooldown), which I still contend isn't nearly as useful for a healer since Blizzard can't design content that requires you to blow a 5 min. long Healing cooldown since in a 10m you don't necessarily have druid heals.

Plus it has the fucking movement penalty from TBC again! Fails so hard.

Oni Link 666 said:
Wow! Orgrimmar looks great. It looks like there won't be any more hanging out on top of the bank though.

I hope that Rogue talent tree is not done. I went through trying to make a combat spec and I was pretty much forced to take talents I don't take now to get to the bottom and then I just spent them in the combat tree anyway 'cause restless blades looks pretty good. I was hoping I'd have some points I didn't have to spend on DPS talents to spend on something like Master of Deception. Definitely can't be done.
None of the talent trees are done in any respect.

Angry Grimace said:
Ouch at new Tree of Life. Just as useless as I thought; it just "does more" healing (plus is on a 5 minute cooldown), which I still contend isn't nearly as useful for a healer since Blizzard can't design content that requires you to blow a 5 min. long Healing cooldown since in a 10m you don't necessarily have druid heals.

Plus it has the fucking movement penalty from TBC again! Fails so hard.
Lucky it's an alpha then so they can see if it works or not, huh?

J-Rzez

ZOMG FIRE MARROWGAR!
zomg Rain Marrowgar
zomg sand marrowgar
zomg air marrowgar
zomg pink marrowgar....

People really get excited for the same models?

Then again, it is a cool model, and it didn't get much use, so I could let that one slide.

And Ony... again? : /

No Blood Tree changes yet I see. Actually, didn't see much at all.

Angry Grimace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom