• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

They sure can push the unholy fuck out of that game engine with texture work and art assets. Really impressive

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Orbitcube said:
None of the talent trees are done in any respect.

Lucky it's an alpha then so they can see if it works or not, huh?
I have my doubts they'll totally change it; it seems to be one of their key new design elements. I would be happy if they did change that.

As a healer, I just don't find cooldowns to be nearly as useful as DPS or tanking cooldowns for the reasons I stated.

Not going to worry too much if they don't change it; I'm pretty sick of healing.

undeadonyxia.jpg

My hype meter cannot be any higher.

Haven't played WoW past level 32 and even I'm excited (although I have an exam tomorrow, damn this and the announced engy update).

And I bet this isn't the Goblin mount (although it's named 'Goblin car') because it's way to cool:

o53in5.jpg

CassSept

I have exam in 3.5 hours, arrrrgh. FFS, why do these leaks have to be today and not tomorrow :<

BTW, datamined spells seem to imply that Onyxia is blind.

SW Park District went boom. :(

... Literally.

stormwind_35.jpg

I originally posted that when there were no screenshots of it and all we had was the minimap data. Turns out I was right!

Alex

After six years and fuck tons of alts, it's hard to believe I'd ever say this again but damn I want to relevel so much now.

CassSept

Summary of Cataclysm changes:
- Horde gets more towns. Horde gets a zone entirely modeled into it's symbol.
- Alliance towns are either partially or completely destroyed, flooded, or burnt down by the Horde

FOR THE HORDE!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
:lol @ 55% weapon damage Divine Storm.

I guess they REALLY like it when you do Crusader Strike.

Alex

Seeing a full city view of Stormwind is so weird. I really love all of the redone interiors and the new keep, etc. Kind of amazed they put that much work into it, half the city is totally redone.

I really need to level an Alliance and Horde char (well, so I can see the old world before it changes) before Cataclysm hits, but I want to clear my backlog to.

How am I going to do this? ;_ ;

Acidote

I hope the destroyed section of Stormwind does not stay like that through the whole expansion. And I guess they're destroying the NE section to make Darnassus a more populated place.

Angry Grimace

Tacitus_ said:
For comparison: PW:S uses 23% base mana and Prayer of Fortitude uses 69% of base mana.
It will come out to a pretty huge chunk of mana, but it's also a cooldown a la Anti-Magic Zone. I was thinking more along the lines of Circle of Healing version of PW:S (I had thought that was the original design for 3.1's version of PW:B that got removed?)

Tacitus_

Angry Grimace said:
It will come out to a pretty huge chunk of mana, but it's also a cooldown a la Anti-Magic Zone. I was thinking more along the lines of Circle of Healing version of PW:S (I had thought that was the original design for 3.1's version of PW:B that got removed?)

Yeah, the party buffs I think are 2-3k mana so 3-4k could be a propable mana cost by 85? That's still a lot of mana but within reason (and mana pools are propably going to exceed 50k at some point in cata).

GasProblem said:
Female Worgen head mask ;3
Strangely, those mask textures were the first real confirmation that the Goblins and Worgen were going to be the 2 new races in this expansion weren't they? I remember those leaking out and then Blizz very quickly adding in some pretty obviously rushed masks for other races a few days later.

CassSept

Yup, I believe masks of goblins and worgen leaked around late july-early august last year. They were unusually high quality and clearly looked like new models. Quickly after that they added horrible vanilla quality masks of races like ogres, nagas, etc, but they looked pretty damn bad.

Callywix Pleasure Palace

azshara_17.jpg

Looks like a Golf course! And it has a pool with a diving board! Could this be some sort of place to hang out in and play some minigames? Remember when they hired that Popcap guy? Hmm.

mclem

CassSept said:
It's just the same as with making raiding content easier - they want more people to see it. These models are pretty damn good and they weren't used too much before (and make sense). I'm sad though as it seems that Marrowgar model will be re-used, just like putting RoS randomly into this first ICC dungeon.

It's nothing particularly new, I remember noticing that a bunch of models or adaptations of models from endgame raids in Vanilla were used in Burning Crusade; Murmur, for instance, was clearly derived from Ragnaros, The Prophet Skeram turned up in Arcatraz, and they used C'thun pretty much directly in a quest over in Shadowmoon Valley.

If you've got the models, it makes sense to make use of them. No matter how much people may rail against it, reuse of art and code assets makes a lot of sense. Besides which, it feels a bit weird if an entire species completely vanishes from existence in later expansions (not saying that hasn't happened, of course - there's been approximately *one* ethereal in Wrath, despite them being all over TBC)

Retro

Holy shit, The F&F didn't have a leak, it fucking wet the bed an inch deep. :lol

Gonna take me all day to sort through all this awesome, but can I just say that I will be spending all of my days at the Pleasure Palace? :lol

Edit:
Enchant Weapon - Elemental Slayer - Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes disrupt elementals when struck, dealing Arcane damage and silencing them for 5 sec. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

WTF? Can we get an Undead/Demon version of that too, so leveling through Northrend can be cake?

Edit 2:
Rockard! A straight road to Theramore Island. Yay.

Edit 3:
The fuck? Not even going to try and fill in Tirisfal Grove?

Edit 4:
Hello Junon Cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom