• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Had to go back and look, some of the zones appear to have the same old skyboxes as before. That's going to make the transition from something like Hyjal into something like the Barrens really noticeable. Was hoping they'd upgrade things because the puke-y blend of colors they call 'clouds' has looked terrible since before Launch.

Oh well, still lots of amazing stuff to see. OMG, Cataclysm fails, I am not buying becuz of bad cloudz :lol

Edit: So MMO has new Talent Trees up, but if anybody comes across a list of changes (So I don't have to manually check every talent and actually remember what it is now), link it. That was much more update-friendly when WotLK was leaked. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Yeah I was just looking at the Skywall pics, looks like it has the potential to be one of the best zones yet visually - even though its missing 3/4 of its textures!

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/catazones/1kneedles_07.jpg

They could've just removed that. Can't believe how much effort they've put into the little things... damn I'm more excited about this than the election over here today :lol

:( The Raceway, my absolute favorite place to take a level 30 skinner to level.

No more "Get the Goblins Drunk" I guess.:/

Retro

Somebody at the MMO Champ forums is in the F&F and cruising around taking screen shots... or is very very good at using third-party software to build crap. Either way, worth taking a glance at.

Apologies for the size, wanted to get them up for you guys ASAP. Ignore the character models that are floating around, that's the photographer, I guess...

Westfall
2ccufy1.jpg

Holyfuckingshit the roof still isn't done.

23w5x6w.jpg

Yes, that's Westfall... well, what used to be Westfall.

Stranglethorn Vale (Apparently):
opab85.jpg

Light's Hope Chapel:
124fuq0.jpg

Echo Isles:
10hvpcy.jpg

Durotar:
2q82emt.jpg

Orgrimmar from the Air:
27ydau8.jpg

Mulgore:
24zi0sk.jpg

More can be found in this thread, for as long as it isn't deleted:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/old-world-changes/westfall-blown-up-mini-mealstrom-in-stv-and-more!/

Retro

More new images, some really holy shit ones too...

Tol Barad (new Wintergrasp):
dz9efc.jpg

Lordaeron Ruins / Undercity:
149tpx3.jpg

2a5hf2e.jpg

The Bulwark (which I said was going to be fortified):
34pglet.jpg

Western Plaguelands:

egsrux.jpg

Andorhal:
b8wrya.jpg

Note the Undead structures. There are several screenshots that show both Alliance and Undead rebuilding in the same zone.... So you may just get your retaking Andorhal scenario through and through, man...

Interfectum

I'm currently trying out the Sandbox. What I can report is:
- you can create a goblin or worgen character, however, it crashes the client when trying to enter world
- worgen female model is currently NOT implemented
- when logging in with a character with the new class changes (e.g. tauren paladin) you will be dead and unable to type or do anything, but it allows you to enter world
- there's a huge maelstrom-like change in STV that crashed my client when I went near it
- Blasted Lands has to be a lil bugged (or at least for me) - dropped to 1 fps as soon as I entered it - and I have 100+ fps on all areas.
Will be reporting as I explore.

yup, it's alpha :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Retro said:
Note the Undead structures. There are several screenshots that show both Alliance and Undead rebuilding in the same zone.... So you may just get your retaking Andorhal scenario through and through, man...
So fucking awesome, because two of the bigger Forsaken guilds are planning on defending the region by not allowing us to take it.

Now all I need to know is if Stromgarde gets changed.

Retro

More found images;

Badlands:
2lbe2k7.jpg

Yikes. Something took the tops off those mountains...

Loch Modan:
23vxnph.jpg

The Loch is definitely smaller, and those are either glitched or floating chunks of terrain. Considering how close Twilight Highlands are, they're probably the latter.

Menethil Harbor:
dcnpu.jpg

Another Alliance town inundated. Yikes.

speedpop

Alliance are getting screwed in this :lol

Kalimdor is now Hordeland. Eastern Kingdoms doesn't look as nice :lol

Retro

Character Creation Video (watch it before Blizzard pulls it!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVS1dOhZ1H8

Bah, he doesn't show the Male Goblin Hunter at all, that's the one class I wanted to see. Ah well, things look good anyways, I like that all of the classes now have animations.

Stranglethorn Vale Map:
nl6fyf.jpg

Looks like ZG is still there. Whew, no rush for my Tiger now:lol

Retro

HixxSAFC said:
New CTF battleground images:
WSG 2.0? :lol

HixxSAFC said:
Linked cos the pics are quite large.
Yeah, I've just been uploading stuff at full size to get things up ASAP rather than dink around in Photoshop resizing everything. Even with automated tasks it's still a pain in the ass. I figure people won't mind the frame-breaking insanity since it will be over soon, probably by the weekend when all of this content becomes more widely available.

Retro

mclem said:
I'm guessing that was his wings. Sliced clean through.

And scorched the ever-loving shit out of everything in his path.. or maybe just passing nearby did that, in which case.. damn.

Unrelated:
Holy shit, the "OMG, Horde has tons of new shit and Alliance is losing everything!" QQ has already started. The metaphorical ink isn't even dry on the leaked images and people are screaming about it. You've gotta love the spoiled little twats that play this game... actually, wait.. no you don't.

Evlar

Banned
speedpop said:
Alliance are getting screwed in this :lol

Kalimdor is now Hordeland. Eastern Kingdoms doesn't look as nice :lol
But on the upside, Varian commissioned a nice statue of himself for Stormwind Keep.

Interfectum

Retro said:
And scorched the ever-loving shit out of everything in his path.. or maybe just passing nearby did that, in which case.. damn.

Unrelated:
Holy shit, the "OMG, Horde has tons of new shit and Alliance is losing everything!" QQ has already started. The metaphorical ink isn't even dry on the leaked images and people are screaming about it. You've gotta love the spoiled little twats that play this game... actually, wait.. no you don't.

:lol yeah i love it

in reality though, horde should get everything... at least on my server and in my battlegroup. they've won the war.

Retro

Evlar said:
But on the upside, Varian commissioned a nice statue of himself for Stormwind Keep.
Yeah, further proof that Wrynn is a huge douchebag :lol. Not that Garrosh is any better, but at least you don't see him wagging his dick at everyone at every chance he gets.

Interfectum said:
in reality though, horde should get everything... at least on my server and in my battlegroup. they've won the war.
Pretty much the same here, Ursin- US. I can't remember the last time I saw Wintergrasp under ally control, and even shit like the Towers in the Bone Wastes are always horde-controlled.

And Ursin used to be even better, when I first played there it was a brutal PVP server. Things fell apart when the Alliance organized a boycott of AV, and it drove people away. When Cross-server BGs hit, Ursin got lumped in with a bunch of scrub servers and the boycott continued pretty much up until WotLK.

Hell, I was doing Hellfire Ramparts for that purple T2 Paladin recolor, and one of the towers went neutral. And by the time I got there, there were already three 80s hovering around. The alliance came in with their mains, which were promptly destroyed, and then we sort of unofficially 5-manned Honor Hold.

More Screenshots:
Blasted Lands:
2j1k9as.jpg

Swamp of Sorrows:
2czv68i.jpg

Hey, a new Alliance base... finally.

idetxg.jpg

Goblin city in SoS too... probably neutral though.

Evlar

Banned
The Stamina boost from Toughness Rank 7 (the mining passive bonus) is listed at 120 Stam up from the current 60 Stam at Rank 6. Similarly, Lifeblood Rank 7 heals for base 7200 HP up from 3600 at Rank 6. Based on this it appears health pools should at least double from 80 to 85. It's early days in the balancing process so that's subject to change.

Retro

speedpop said:
Now all I need to know is if Stromgarde gets changed.

This was just posted in a thread at MMO Champion, I asked if the OP would snag some more pictures while he was in the area, but he said it all looks the same, so... =(

1osniq.jpg

Arathi to Hinterlands passage. Probably leads straight to Aerie Peak.

Kletian

Hell I'm Alliance and I love the fact that half of our shit is getting reduced to wasteland. The stuff we're losing sucked anyway.

Goddamn this expansion though. Fuck ICC, I wanna do this!

Retro

Better shot of Andorhal, you can clearly see the Alliance and Forsaken are vying for control of the city.

144gw3.jpg

Also, not going to upload it but somebody screen-capped a Flightpath in Goldshire... that's the only change :lol. Because apparently 45 seconds is too long to travel to Stormwind.

speedpop

FP in Goldshire? Can't get more absurd than that.

Though when I think about it, it might be more of a free flight to Sentinel Hill or Lakeshire, specifically Lakeshire since the bastard is a trek and a half through Elwynn.

speedpop

The bridge still isn't done?

My head hurts already from this never-ending cough. It just hurt a little more.

Retro

MMO-Champion just nose-dived for about 5 minutes...
We're sorry, but this site is currently unavailable due to necessary infrastructure maintenance. The site will be fully restored (and better than ever!) after the maintenance is complete.
Probably because there's 10 million subscribers F5-ing the fuck out of them. :lol They're still suffering a ton of 502 Bad Gateway errors, so... yeah. I'd hate to be a server admin at their host.

Evlar said:
Any changes in Ironforge
A guy taking requests for screenshots on the MMO Champion forums says no; "Same except for the way the lava looked and and I think a few doors to houses were open too."
dave is ok said:
Is the bridge in Redridge finished yet?

EDIT: LOL
I was about to say...

New Screenshot:
2nsuzw2.jpg

speedpop

Keep 'em coming man. The guild is slowly logging on atm and it ranges from "Yes! Andorhal!" to "We leave Stormwind behind; it gets partly destroyed and the Command Center is relegated to a piece of shit square. It was a sign."

Gotta love RPers.

Retro

98vhvn.jpg

2yo8vhl.jpg

All of the alliance cities imploding is karma for blowing up Camp T. What did the moocows ever do to deserve that?

Also, I had the guy check out a few of the old untextured areas, to see how Blizzard is fixing the ugly inaccessible parts of the old world that were never meant to be seen. Apparently they're exactly the same, so... Boo. Really hoping Blizzard doesn't create invisible walls to keep people out of places they're too lazy / unprepared to fix.

speedpop

Orgrimmar looks unreal. I kept saying to a girl I play with "we should've stayed Horde. we should've stayed Horde."

Evlar

Banned
Retro said:
All of the alliance cities imploding is karma for blowing up Camp T. What did the moocows ever do to deserve that?
Pretend to be tree-huggers while helping Garrosh clearcut Ashenvale.

Retro

speedpop said:
Orgrimmar looks unreal. I kept saying to a girl I play with "we should've stayed Horde. we should've stayed Horde."

Now's the time to come back to the Green Side. Especially now that there's an entirely new shade to play as :lol.

The faction limitation on PVP servers is gone... so there really is no excuse not to roll a hordie, just to go sight-seeing. I'm planning on rolling an ally to do exactly that... plus, I originally started out Alliance so I have all of these old toons I'm not doing anything with. Might as well get some use out of them, my first character (Human Female Paladin) is sitting there in gear is too shameful to mention, a testament to my slow education in the ways of WoW.

GasProblem said:
Cataclysm water effects as they are now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXV-MSYJvEs

Still looks kind of 'meh' to me. But I don't know if these are the water effects at Ultra settings, so we'll see.

Probably low quality settings or they just don't have things adjusted for the old world yet. Looks pretty milky, so it's probably something to do with the reflectivity of the skyboxes (old world skyboxes are still crap) or just the way water was done in the old world... it's still Alpha, obviously.

speedpop

Damn. Poor Tanaris.

I have plans to roll a Tauren Paladin, but I doubt I'd make him my main. It'll be nice to play a cow again though.

Retro

Tanaris
9zyb86.jpg

You can see that Gadgetzhan is now on the ocean... though at closer glance, it looks like a river, actually, since you can see some land just on the horizon. Gadget also appears to have been extended to the north a bit, I don't remember the wall jutting out like that. Also, somebody is building ships right outside town, and it doesn't look Goblin-ish. Maybe the Pirates took over Gadget?

I wonder what happened to Steamwheddle Port.

Loch Modan / Badlands border. Clearly unfinished
141v190.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom