• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Yeah, I want a female goblin rogue and warlock. No way I'm leveling one all the way through though. I'd rather pay the money to change it as we know, time is money friend.

Man, I hope I get into beta again, that'd be killer.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
As much cool stuff Horde is getting (goblins, redone Orgrimmar, Holy Cows, etc) i have a feeling Alliance populations are going to swell incredibly due to the Worgen.

Hixx

water_wendi said:
As much cool stuff Horde is getting (goblins, redone Orgrimmar, Holy Cows, etc) i have a feeling Alliance populations are going to swell incredibly due to the Worgen.

I really hope not. Blizzard seem to think my realm has a decent population balance when in reality it is fucking terrible. I think we get wintergrasp like twice a week and thats between 1am-8am..

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Found an awesome tip on mmo champ. If you hit a spot where you drop to like 1 frame per second, just type /logout and it'll bump you to the character select screen, when you get back in it'll be fine.

Alex

They need to update the old races. It was kinda iffy before when Blood Elves and Draenei came in sporting better art, more geometry and better textures now the Goblins are a huge step above what the Blood Elves and Dranei are even.

I think there's more geometry in some of these goblin female hairstyles than there are in some races. :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If something isn't done towards the old races then it is fucked up. Dwarves still look like they crawled through a sewer full of shit.

Tamanon

Banned
Dustwallow.jpg

The best bridge in the history of the Alliance has been made finally!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tamanon said:
Dustwallow.jpg

The best bridge in the history of the Alliance has been made finally!

Fuck yeah! I don't need to bring elixirs of water walking for that map anymore. And, do i spot a new path to reach 1000 needles? Yay, no more need to run to the Barrens anymore.

speedpop

Yep. Kinda proves where Jaina's allegience stands as well. A path filled with artillery leading straight to the Alliance outpost in south Barrens.

firex

There needs to be a cutscene of the guy nearly finishing the roof in Westfall, and then Cataclysm rolls around and a wind storm tears it off and we see a single tear roll down his face.

Retro

wowscrnshot050610194011.jpg

But they can't finish a bridge in Redridge despite what surely must be tens of millions of characters bringing supplies. :lol

markot

Banned
I wouldnt be suprised if Jaina isnt in control of Theramore anymore.

The Deserters have taken over and are taking the fight to the horde >_<! Gogogo!

Or maybe when thrall left she got all jilted lovery and started pms-ing!

FLEABttn

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
You guys think Blizzard could ban you for installing the Alpha since you are downloading it from them and they can see your IP?

And potentially threaten the playerbase? People have quit over less. The WotF nerf was listed as a potential reason why people have cancelled.

Blackface

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
You guys think Blizzard could ban you for installing the Alpha since you are downloading it from them and they can see your IP?

They won't ban. They aren't stupid, they knew as soon as F&F went live it would get leaked. Especially considering who they gave keys to, which included lots of their old gaming buddies.

MMOwned and in vanilla blizzhackers were always ontop of stuff like this. There is nothing Blizz could do and they know it, they aren't dumb.

FLEABttn

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Cancellations for one silly nerf? smh

It was nerfed to the ground no doubt but it was OP as hell back in the day. They had to nerf it.

And a number of people honest to god quit over it.

speedpop

Both in Felwood and in Blasted Lands there are two large trees, they appear to be dying and "bleed" a blue substance - both seem to be relatively close to Alliance settlements. I've assumed that they are sucking the Fel out of the areas and transforming the regions slowly. Perhaps related to the Worgen, and a possible reasoning why they can be Druids?

The new Feathermoon Stronghold looks king. Hopefully the Shen'dralar have moved out of Dire Maul and helped set up there. All that I ask is that they place an arcane portal from Darnassus to there :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
speedpop said:
Both in Felwood and in Blasted Lands there are two large trees, they appear to be dying and "bleed" a blue substance - both seem to be relatively close to Alliance settlements. I've assumed that they are sucking the Fel out of the areas and transforming the regions slowly. Perhaps related to the Worgen, and a possible reasoning why they can be Druids?

The new Feathermoon Stronghold looks king. Hopefully the Shen'dralar have moved out of Dire Maul and helped set up there. All that I ask is that they place an arcane portal from Darnassus to there :lol
My guess is the only real explanation for why Worgen can be druids is because they are puppy-men. :lol

Lore-wise, all races can be all classes, it's just the characters in game that can't, i.e. Human druids, High Elf/Blood Elf druids, etc., Orcs can't be mages because it's forbidden due to race fears about the connection of Arcane magic with the Burning Legion, but they can physically do it.

firex

FLEABttn said:
It was nerfed to the ground no doubt but it was OP as hell back in the day. They had to nerf it.

And a number of people honest to god quit over it.
I remember the old, old, undead bonuses that undead players got before WotF. Used to be they were treated just like undead mobs, so priest/paladin undead-only CC was the only thing that worked on them. Then alliance players (namely alliance mages and warlocks, who in beta were by far the whiniest bitches among all beta testers) complained that they couldn't CC undead like they could everyone else, so undead got "nerfed" and treated like humanoids, but were given WotF as their racial cooldown. Maybe the best "be careful what you wish for" moment in WoW balancing history I can think of, because in the end alliance really wound up losing their faction-exclusive paladin advantage and gained almost nothing because undead players would just use WotF to counter that shit anyway.

Flib

having spent a good amount of time flying around this thing as a naked orc, i do need to say that anyone who sees the screenshots and isn't impressed should realize that this build is very, very unfinished, and will look significantly better come release.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
firex said:
I remember the old, old, undead bonuses that undead players got before WotF. Used to be they were treated just like undead mobs, so priest/paladin undead-only CC was the only thing that worked on them. Then alliance players (namely alliance mages and warlocks, who in beta were by far the whiniest bitches among all beta testers) complained that they couldn't CC undead like they could everyone else, so undead got "nerfed" and treated like humanoids, but were given WotF as their racial cooldown. Maybe the best "be careful what you wish for" moment in WoW balancing history I can think of, because in the end alliance really wound up losing their faction-exclusive paladin advantage and gained almost nothing because undead players would just use WotF to counter that shit anyway.
i dont know.. gaining the ability to use Fear, Polymorph and Track Humanoid against an entire playable race is a little bit more than "nothing."

firex

it wound up being nothing because in most small pvp encounters, especially back then, undead would just pop WotF and kill the mages/warlocks before it wore off. also back then, turn undead was instant so it was a net nerf because it meant any CC that worked would require a cast time, and priests became more or less defenseless against most undead, especially undead warriors or rogues.

although really, I think it lasted as long as it did because of no fear ward for horde players, so it gave them an option for raids.

cdyhybrid

I will resub for Tauren Rogues.

I'll probably resub anyway for Goblin Rogues <3

How stable are small, GAF-spawned guilds, and do they exist? I'd be looking for an extremely casual, yet competent 10-man raid guild to do random 10-mans when we have people on (don't have the time or the desire to commit to set raiding schedules or more than 15ish hours of play/week). I'd just join up with some RL friends, but they all quit a looooooooong time ago.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
GAF members are scattered to the eight winds. People are on so many different servers that it just isn't practical to get a GAF guild going.

markot

Banned
firex said:
it wound up being nothing because in most small pvp encounters, especially back then, undead would just pop WotF and kill the mages/warlocks before it wore off. also back then, turn undead was instant so it was a net nerf because it meant any CC that worked would require a cast time, and priests became more or less defenseless against most undead, especially undead warriors or rogues.

although really, I think it lasted as long as it did because of no fear ward for horde players, so it gave them an option for raids.

Playing an Alliance lock back then was terrrrrrrrrrrrrible... especially rogues, it was pretty much impossible. Not to mention like every rogue and most players were undead >.<

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Well warlocks/priests would have an issue since their CC revolves around fears. Did alliance mages really have a problem with wotf? i was an undead mage for a long time and during the majority of vanilla rogues were never a problem. i dont see how wotf would affect a mage since usually fight would go Cheap Shot, Blink, Poly. Rogues did have the insignia that removed Poly but i would just poly again, bandage, then destroy.

edit: thinking about all this reminds me of the frustration when all the melee people were running around with that Skull of Impending Doom :lol FFS i hated that thing.

cdyhybrid

Mr Nash said:
GAF members are scattered to the eight winds. People are on so many different servers that it just isn't practical to get a GAF guild going.

Bah, guess I won't be resubbing...I don't feel like sifting through the sewage that is the WoW playerbase to find some diamonds in the rough to play with :lol

mileS

undead hunters eh... better give them better shooting animation because what they have currently is complete shit imo.

CassSept

Angry Grimace said:
You'd probably have to start a new one. I sincerely doubt they will let you just transfer an existing character into a new Cataclysm Race/Class combo.
I hope to God they do as soon as possible. I have a paladin alt for which I'll definitely buy race change (no point in leveling another paladin if i already have an 80 lvl one).

ACE 1991

Is there any word on the current subscription numbers? It seems like Blizzard hasn't reported them in quite some time, which leads me to believe that they've finally started to go down.

CassSept

ACE 1991 said:
Is there any word on the current subscription numbers? It seems like Blizzard hasn't reported them in quite some time, which leads me to believe that they've finally started to go down.
From what I've heard it's been at steady 11.5 mil for quite a while now. Many people start playing, but it's stagnant because as many people quit WoW.

Wrekt

mileS said:
undead hunters eh... better give them better shooting animation because what they have currently is complete shit imo.
Undead shooting animation will be changed around the same time their spines stop sticking out through armor AND cloaks.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
cdyhybrid said:
Bah, guess I won't be resubbing...I don't feel like sifting through the sewage that is the WoW playerbase to find some diamonds in the rough to play with :lol
I take it you quit before the Dungeon Finder was implemented. If so, I would strongly recommend giving it a shot again if your biggest concern is grouping/10-manning. LFD has literally changed the entire game. Want a 10-man? Queue up. Your 10-man is sucking ass? Find the problem (hopefully it's not you) and vote to kick. Once the problem is kicked, requeue in the middle of the dungeon and get a competent replacement. Prior to LFD I had soloed most of my characters and regularly only really been through maybe one out of every 5 instances once per character. Since LFD I've grouped on probably every dungeon past WC (ugggh) and really only miss end of version dungeons (i.e. end of vanilla stuff like scholo and BRS, probably end of BC stuff, etc).

CassSept said:
I hope to God they do as soon as possible. I have a paladin alt for which I'll definitely buy race change (no point in leveling another paladin if i already have an 80 lvl one).
My guess is that the new race/class combos with existing races will be allowed to transfer from day one. It would be silly to not allow it. However I wouldn't be shocked if that turned out to not be the case. But yeah, transfers to the new races will probably be blocked at least for a few months (past the end of the year).

ACE 1991 said:
subs tapered shortly after WOTLK. This is well presumed. If they'll make any sort of announcement after Cat remains to be seen. Of course the only way they will make an announcement is if the numbers are the same (11.5M) or higher. So if they make no reference after Cat releases to subscriber numbers it will be safe to assume that numbers are down from the 11.5M.

Interfectum

borghe said:
I take it you quit before the Dungeon Finder was implemented. If so, I would strongly recommend giving it a shot again if your biggest concern is grouping/10-manning. LFD has literally changed the entire game. Want a 10-man? Queue up. Your 10-man is sucking ass? Find the problem (hopefully it's not you) and vote to kick. Once the problem is kicked, requeue in the middle of the dungeon and get a competent replacement. Prior to LFD I had soloed most of my characters and regularly only really been through maybe one out of every 5 instances once per character. Since LFD I've grouped on probably every dungeon past WC (ugggh) and really only miss end of version dungeons (i.e. end of vanilla stuff like scholo and BRS, probably end of BC stuff, etc).

If it wasn't for the Dungeon Finder tool I would probably not be playing the game right now. That's how game changing it is.

So there's a map file called "MaelstromZone", looks like this

mz1.jpg

That's all water, despite the terrible compression =P. And the letters down there?

mz2.jpg

speedpop

Sax Russel said:
So there's a map file called "MaelstromZone", looks like this

mz1.jpg

That's all water, despite the terrible compression =P. And the letters down there?

mz2.jpg
Nice find. Quite interesting.

edit: Quoting for new page shens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom