• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathNote said:
can anyone send me a GM command list?

that 3 year old gamerzplanet forum doesn't work for me.

this second I want to know how to fly since i have no mount

.go 1 4966.84 -2684.50 1428.34 worked

To fly it's just .f

Then to increase the speed of your character you do .s 100 or 50 or whatever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if they are going to push Ruby Sanctum out the door before everyone in my guild un-subs and I have to PUG it. :lol

The fact that Archimonde's skeleton is gone just reminds of a few random things Blizzard just never got around to; i.e. wherever the hell Alleria and Turalyon were in Burning Crusade, etc.

markot

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I wonder if they are going to push Ruby Sanctum out the door before everyone in my guild un-subs and I have to PUG it. :lol

The fact that Archimonde's skeleton is gone just reminds of a few random things Blizzard just never got around to; i.e. wherever the hell Alleria and Turalyon were in Burning Crusade, etc.
I think they will turn up in the final expansion when we attack the Burning legion or what nots. Hope they dont forget about their kid in honour hold though.

Another thing, all the Alliance heros should come home >.< retake stromgarde and crap!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Female Worgen, no textures yet:

fleqtl.gif

Not quite sure if it's real though.

Many more female worgen animations:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/Asshi/Alpha/

FLEABttn

Banned
markot said:
I think they will turn up in the final expansion when we attack the Burning legion or what nots. Hope they dont forget about their kid in honour hold though.

Another thing, all the Alliance heros should come home >.< retake stromgarde and crap!

MMO's don't plan for a final expansion. Once they run their subs dry, they just stop making them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess Blizzard wasn't kidding about larger health pools in Cataclysm:

2q9xjbn.jpg

Ichigo

Just need some quick thoughts. I've been Frost tanking and all was going well, until someone mentioned i should start trying to tank in blood. Any DK tanks have any advice of rotation and/or gear advice?

Armory Link

Our plan is to start doing some of the ICC 10 man stuff in the near future and I'm concerned with my gear/rotation as a blood tank.

cdyhybrid

borghe said:
I take it you quit before the Dungeon Finder was implemented.

Yeah, I quit when ICC was still on public test realms because I just couldn't wait any longer and if I had to do ToC one more time I would have taken a shotgun to my face. I guess I'm so apprehensive about playing with random people because of all the idiots I ran into in random battlegrounds/heroics. Hell, even my raids were full of idiocy at times, and our guild was actually good :lol I still have time to think about it anyway, I'll be surprised if Cataclysm comes out before the holiday season.

Belfast

Tamanon said:
:lol :lol Something tells me those stats aren't final.

Female Worgen actually looks pretty good.

Not unless they're going for a 1 Stam = 1 HP formula, though they haven't said anything about that. :\

Angry Grimace

Belfast said:
Not unless they're going for a 1 Stam = 1 HP formula, though they haven't said anything about that. :\
If 1 stam = 1 health, there would be no point in calling it health and/or differentiating between the two.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Female Worgen look good. That trait of Gilneans is evident in a lot of the animations; they don't give a shit about what you think is better, as if they are mocking you.

ampere

Ichigo said:
Just need some quick thoughts. I've been Frost tanking and all was going well, until someone mentioned i should start trying to tank in blood. Any DK tanks have any advice of rotation and/or gear advice?

Armory Link

Our plan is to start doing some of the ICC 10 man stuff in the near future and I'm concerned with my gear/rotation as a blood tank.
Personally I would loose Improved Icy Touch, Hysteria and Sudden Doom and make sure to get Rune Tap, Improved Rune Tap (3/3) and Mark of Blood. I haven't done a ton of Blood Tanking, only below 80 stuff but I from a little experience and reading around I feel like Rune Tap and Mark of Blood will have a good amount of utility. Check tankspot and elitistjerks though.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
If 1 stam = 1 health, there would be no point in calling it health and/or differentiating between the two.

Maybe they're just going to rename health to Stamina. I mean, it doesn't affect anything else but Health.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
I guess Blizzard wasn't kidding about larger health pools in Cataclysm:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2q9xjbn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm still curious on how much 1 point of Mastery is worth? Is 90 a lot?

Angry Grimace

Tamanon said:
Maybe they're just going to rename health to Stamina. I mean, it doesn't affect anything else but Health.
It seems highly unnecessary and pointless to do so, though.

I don't see any benefit to that. The reason being, there are effects that only give you "health" and those that give stamina. I don't think they want those to be the same thing, the same as attack power; even if AP isn't a gear stat, it still exists separately from STR and AGI because things like Trueshot Aura intentionally stack with STR and AGI buffs like horn of winter/SoE totem.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Female Worgen animations and body looks alright, hopefully they wont screw up the face. Like giving them makeup.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
I'm still curious on how much 1 point of Mastery is worth? Is 90 a lot?
Probably of similar values as other stats i.e. haste, just to keep the numbers consistent.

Rapstah

water_wendi said:
Is my mind playing tricks on me or does the male worgen have the same jump animation as the female draenei?
Worgen have had jumping animations since launch on their pre-cata models.

Tacitus_

ciaossu said:
Personally I would loose Improved Icy Touch, Hysteria and Sudden Doom and make sure to get Rune Tap, Improved Rune Tap (3/3) and Mark of Blood. I haven't done a ton of Blood Tanking, only below 80 stuff but I from a little experience and reading around I feel like Rune Tap and Mark of Blood will have a good amount of utility. Check tankspot and elitistjerks though.

No.

Hysteria is awesome (hint: pop it on your rogues/other dps). IIT is awesome (if you don't have someone else bringing the improved debuff and even still, it's free threat since IT does something like 10k+ threat per cast in frost presence). Sudden Doom is debatable, it's not needed for threat generation that much and if you find yourself needing an another cooldown, drop it and pick up Rune Tap, it's an allright talent but bit costly in points to make it useful (but it does awesome healing when you pop it with Vampiric Blood). Mark of Blood is worthless in raids, nigh pure PVP talent.

The basic tank rotation is IT, PS, HS, HS, DS (dump), DS, HS, HS, DS (dump).

ampere

Tacitus_ said:
No.

Hysteria is awesome (hint: pop it on your rogues/other dps). IIT is awesome (if you don't have someone else bringing the improved debuff and even still, it's free threat since IT does something like 10k+ threat per cast in frost presence). Sudden Doom is debatable, it's not needed for threat generation that much and if you find yourself needing an another cooldown, drop it and pick up Rune Tap, it's an allright talent but bit costly in points to make it useful (but it does awesome healing when you pop it with Vampiric Blood). Mark of Blood is worthless in raids, nigh pure PVP talent.

The basic tank rotation is IT, PS, HS, HS, DS (dump), DS, HS, HS, DS (dump).
Hmm, guess I don't know as much as I thought I knew about DK tanking :lol
I didn't really think about Hysteria's utility of using it on another raid member, and while I have seen DK tanks with Mark of Blood it sounds like that was a wasted talent for them.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Heh, starting to gear up one of my toons as a tank, and it's funny to read the whining about "only" having 29k health, and these people aren't even the folks geared to the hilt that want to plough through their one random heroic for the day for 2 frost badges. Had a rogue complaining the whole time in one group, so I just started shuffling around all the time with the bosses so he'd have trouble staying behind. He wasn't amused. =D

Tacitus_

ciaossu said:
Hmm, guess I don't know as much as I thought I knew about DK tanking :lol
I didn't really think about Hysteria's utility of using it on another raid member, and while I have seen DK tanks with Mark of Blood it sounds like that was a wasted talent for them.

You can cast it on yourself in pulls if you're having trouble with aggro, buuuut the IT threat change makes it unnecessary.

Let's take an ICC geared (blood) DK tank with 15% buff in ICC. You'll have something like 60k health. At that point, MoB will heal you for 2400 per hit. Bosses swing for 20k-40k and with a relatively slow timer.

It's more of an "fuck you rogue/feral druid" or heroics/aoe trash in raids kinda talent.

Amir0x

Banned
I cannot believe I'm saying this but...

...my fiancee got me World of Warcraft as a gift for building my new PC (I guess because she heard about how popular it was... I don't like MMORPGs) but damn it, I'm playing it and I'm slowly getting addicted.

I just wish there was some way to enhance the visuals. They're so dated :(

WoWScrnShot_050810_092731.jpg

Rapstah

Amir0x said:
Gets progressively better to the point of looking great as you move into expansion pack/recent areas. What server and continent?

EDIT: Damn, Kael'Thas US, guess I'm never going to meet you by accident then. :lol

spats

CassSept said:
Video comparison of Orgrimmar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAoFxelTSKo
This is simply... incredible. It was obvious from screens that much has changed, but now seing direct comparisons between current orgri and cata rendition.... I'm stunned. No, seriously, the leap is astounding :eek:

They rebuilt the whole damn city almost to the point that it's unrecognizable as OG. So freaking pumped for this.

Also good luck Amir0x. :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Amir0x said:

...my fiancee got me World of Warcraft as a gift for building my new PC (I guess because she heard about how popular it was... I don't like MMORPGs) but damn it, I'm playing it and I'm slowly getting addicted.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Amir0x/WoWScrnShot_050810_092731.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Do you have shadows turned all the way up? I'd never enable it cause it murders my performance, but it you have a machine that can handle it, it looks awesome.

Amir0x

Banned
sykoex said:
Do you have shadows turned all the way up? I'd never enable it cause it murders my performance, but it you have a machine that can handle it, it looks awesome.

I have every setting maxed, and even some settings I went into the console to modify for an even further enhancement, and I still get like 100fps at all times.

It's just the game looks suppper dated, character models especially.

I played Lord of the Rings Online before this, and man that game was positively gorgeous compared to WoW.

It is what it is though. Just hope Blizzard releases a visual upgrade if I stay on this game for any period of time.

CassSept

Amir0x said:
Just hope Blizzard releases a visual upgrade if I stay on this game for any period of time.
Cataclysm completely overhauls the whole game. New water engine, new textures, new improved leveling experience. Right now you have to hold out until Outland and especially Northrend.

For now, good luck! I've been off this game for over 4 months now but it's pulling me back. After I finish my exams I am sooo coming back.

PS. You rolled a rogue, good. You know which class to choose :)

Flib

Amir0x said:
I have every setting maxed, and even some settings I went into the console to modify for an even further enhancement, and I still get like 100fps at all times.

I played Lord of the Rings Online before this, and man that game was positively gorgeous compared to WoW.

It is what it is though. Just hope Blizzard releases a visual upgrade if I stay on this game for any period of time.

Cass mentioned the Cataclysm overhaul, but the upgrade from regular Azeroth to Northrend (level 70+) is absolutely massive. The landscape there has an unbelievably massive scale, the art direction is fantastic and I think you'll be pretty pleased with how everything looks there.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Amir0x said:

The game never looks as good as LotRO, not even close, but it marginally improves with each expansions content. Basically, it never looks all that great but it's bearable.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Amir0x said:

The zones will look better if you do get into Outlands & especially Northrend. I'm gonna guess you don't have the expansions right? Still, don't expect the game to improve to 2010 visuals suddently, it's still a 5½ years old game. But yeah, i agree that they should improve the character models next. They did it recently with the bear & cat forms of druids and it was such a huge difference in quality.

CassSept

Bisnic said:
The zones will look better if you do get into Outlands & especially Northrend. I'm gonna guess you don't have the expansions right? Still, don't expect the game to improve to 2010 visuals suddently, it's still a 5½ years old game. But yeah, i agree that they should improve the character models next. They did it recently with the bear & cat forms of druids and it was such a huge difference in quality.
Yeah, while BE and Draeneis are ok, vanilla character models need an overhaul. It seems a lot of races are getting new models (e.g. basilisks) so I don't see why they wouldn't improve these ones too.
Especially as these races look now out of place when compared to the surroundings. Old orc model against new Orgrimmar look horribly weird.

Sciz

Amir0x said:
It's just the game looks super dated, character models especially.
It is. The vanilla content is over five years old at this point, it was designed to run on old hardware for its time, and Blizzard's standards were lower back then anyway. The good news is that character models are the most significantly improved aspect of the game with each new expansion, and they still haven't said no to overhauling the old ones.

They never have gotten the hang of trees, though.

Angry Grimace

Tacitus_ said:
You can cast it on yourself in pulls if you're having trouble with aggro, buuuut the IT threat change makes it unnecessary.

Let's take an ICC geared (blood) DK tank with 15% buff in ICC. You'll have something like 60k health. At that point, MoB will heal you for 2400 per hit. Bosses swing for 20k-40k and with a relatively slow timer.

It's more of an "fuck you rogue/feral druid" or heroics/aoe trash in raids kinda talent.
The health cost makes it kind of a bad move to take; but it's a good talent for the point; just cast it on someone else.

Cipherr

Amir0x said:

WoWScrnShot_050810_092731.jpg

Yeah : / The surroundings will get better as you move from expansion area to expansion area. But unfortunately the player models havent been updated in 5 years. The armor models get alot better also.

Xabora

Amir0x said:

Old World Zones, Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms have the fog distance capped, you wont see an increase until you hit outlands / northrend or cata release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom