• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
borghe said:
not really. they've already said that you will have to "discover" the dungeon to be able to use DF with it. beyond that though, there's not really much nostalgia about having to trek from wherever the f' I was parked to get to BRM every day or so for raid night for a couple years straight (first MC, then BWL).. hell, anything memorable from any given night really would have never happened until I zoned in.

to be fair to Blizzard, if they actually made "epic looking robes and leather", we'd get umm.... boring looking armor. :p Not saying there isn't a compromise between rainbows/unicorns/spaulders and era appropriate gear.. but hell knows I wouldn't want to be the artist in charge of discovering it. :p
Lower the size of cloth, leather and mail shoulderpads and you'd fix the problem almost entirley.

Evlar

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Lower the size of cloth, leather and mail shoulderpads and you'd fix the problem almost entirley.
That sound you hear, that low rumble in the distance, is the clicking of keys as 8 million WoW subscribers ditch their cloth, leather, and mail-wearing characters and re-roll Pallys. Just as people love weapons with cool form factors (nevermind the complete impracticality of wielding giant can openers or clubs with three-foot spikes in every direction) people love armor with distinctive shapes. If you limited that to plate the bitching would never end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Evlar said:
That sound you hear, that low rumble in the distance, is the clicking of keys as 8 million WoW subscribers ditch their cloth, leather, and mail-wearing characters and re-roll Pallys. Just as people love weapons with cool form factors (nevermind the complete impracticality of wielding giant can openers or clubs with three-foot spikes in every direction) people love armor with distinctive shapes. If you limited that to plate the bitching would never end.
I guess, but the fantasy novelty is kind of gone when every class looks like Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist.

VaLiancY

Those weapon models don't look that bad, I like them. The color scheme of some of them, not so much. The color scheme is as important as the model.

Evlar

Banned
The one thing I would ask for, as a cloth wearer, would be to occasionally have a chance to see my pants. I honestly have no clue what my leg armor looks like.

I'd welcome a scaling down of weapons and armor in general (and this is from someone dualwielding 2H swords). But remember Blizzard's art code:

image-7FB9_4BE878C9.jpg

Xabora

SiegfriedFM said:
I'd welcome a scaling down of weapons and armor in general (and this is from someone dualwielding 2H swords). But remember Blizzard's art code:

image-7FB9_4BE878C9.jpg
I want a wield a giant skull with a spike on the end as a weapon.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
I want a wield a giant skull with a spike on the end as a weapon.
They should make Polearms good again, instead of useless hunter weapons. I actually had a polearm on my DK at one point when I couldn't get anything better.

VaLiancY

Angry Grimace said:
They should make Polearms good again, instead of useless hunter weapons. I actually had a polearm on my DK at one point when I couldn't get anything better.

Black Ice?

I fought tooth and nail for that on my Hunter main over other warriors and DK. Won it.

Got on my DK, won it on the first roll which was a 100.

Angry Grimace

VaLiancY said:
Black Ice?

I fought tooth and nail for that on my Hunter main over other warriors and DK. Won it.

Got on my DK, won it on the first roll which was a 100.
Nah, I had Marrowstrike when Edge of Ruin wouldn't drop for a few weeks.

I had no reason to be, but I was very proud of my Death's Bite. :lol :lol :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ruby Sanctum in 3.3.5 PTR.

Should I be concerned that I'm caring slightly more about the new chat and real ID features? :lol

Angry Grimace

speedpop said:

Should I be concerned that I'm caring slightly more about the new chat and real ID features? :lol
I care about that.

But how does that work? Can I talk to "Real ID" friends from Warcraft's chat panel? Or is this just a glorfied AIM/xfire/etc. where I need a different program?

Xabora

speedpop said:

RealID, aka Dont accept any RealID Friend Invites from people you don't know. :lol

^-Cross Game AG!

Angry Grimace said:
I care about that.

But how does that work? Can I talk to "Real ID" friends from Warcraft's chat panel? Or is this just a glorfied AIM/xfire/etc. where I need a different program?

You talk to them with whispers basically inside WoW, SCII or Diablo 3.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
RealID, aka Dont accept any RealID Friend Invites from people you don't know. :lol

^-Cross Game AG!
Yeah, so long as it's Starcraft II o_O

My brother plays WoW on a different realm, as do a number of other people I know.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Angry Grimace said:
I care about that.

It's all in game. You have your normal WoW friends list and then a RealID/Battle.Net Friend's list. So you can chat with other Gaf'ers on another server or on SC2/D3 and what not. Looks good.

Alex

I like exaggerated armor, I just would like it done in a more down to earth fashion. Like less neon, for example. :p

Mirk

Rapstah said:
Fuck that one, you can't just have a random elite Val'Kyr with boss-level HP appear, teasing the group at the end of an instance and then never have her show up again.

I could have sworn she is in ICC right before you fight Valithria.

fake edit. nope that is Sister Svalna

Angry Grimace

Frostfire Bolt spec is pretty damn fun in Heroics/regular leveling dungeons.

Much, much better than shitty ass 2 button Arcane. Fire/TTW is going to replace FFB if I get my mage into any raids though.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yeah, there's a distinct lack of zazz in these new weapon designs. The pieces of gear that I've really liked were in TBC. Now those looked nice.

Angry Grimace said:
Frostfire Bolt spec is pretty damn fun in Heroics/regular leveling dungeons.

Much, much better than shitty ass 2 button Arcane. Fire/TTW is going to replace FFB if I get my mage into any raids though.

I've been raiding pure frost (early stuff like Ulduar, ToC and VoA at this stage) and it's fun but barely competitive. The big issue is FoF procs are basically mandatory to do good DPS, but sometimes the RNG leaves you hanging for a whole fight and you barely out-damage the tank.

If FoF would proc more often it would be golden, but considering how absurdly easy it is to lock down most classes in PvP as it is, I doubt it's going to happen.

markot

Banned
Yeah, frost can be so lame. Waiting for the proc....

But then again, same for Arcane too...

Honestly, Arcane seems to require more buttons and less same spell spamming than Frost >.<

CassSept

Leather stopped being leather, cloth being cloth etc a long time ago.
I think it's fine as long as they don't make rogues shine like a Christmas tree again:lol
But the weapons really don't look like something special. And that art code doesn't work if you play a female blood elf.
Why are female belf's weapons SO DAMN SMALL? Why are female belf's two-handed weapons smaller than every single other race's one-handed weapons? WHYYYY

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I got hooked on the juice again a few weeks ago, had a Dwarf Paladin last time but I started a Tauren Druid.

Just hit level 55 I really cant wait to get out the old world, having to quest in 3-4 zones at a time gets annoying, way too much travelling, at the moment I've been to Felwood,Western Plaguelands, Winterspring and Un'goro in the past 3 levels.

I do enjoy the LFG tool, but some times I enjoy solo questing depends on my mood oh and Lost Temple must be one of the worse designed dungeons ever, no one ever seems to know which way to go.

Angry Grimace

markot said:
Yeah, frost can be so lame. Waiting for the proc....

But then again, same for Arcane too...

Honestly, Arcane seems to require more buttons and less same spell spamming than Frost >.<
Well, when FoF procs you use the same spell :lol (edit: I mean this because Deep Freeze has such a long CD you really only cast it twice a minute so it almost counts as a cooldown)

At the very least you can proc a FFB on Brain Freeze, but really, tbh I'm surprised anyone's guild would think you were sane raiding as Frost. It's not really competetive. There's nothing as maniacal grin inducing as setting up 3 or 4 Living Bombs on watching the bombs go off one after the other while they simultaneously proc insta-Pyros. :lol

markot

Banned
CassSept said:
Leather stopped being leather, cloth being cloth etc a long time ago.
I think it's fine as long as they don't make rogues shine like a Christmas tree again:lol
But the weapons really don't look like something special. And that art code doesn't work if you play a female blood elf.
Why are female belf's weapons SO DAMN SMALL? Why are female belf's two-handed weapons smaller than every single other race's one-handed weapons? WHYYYY
Their arms are like match sticks >_<

Cipherr

Deacan said:
I got hooked on the juice again a few weeks ago, had a Dwarf Paladin last time but I started a Tauren Druid.

Just hit level 55 I really cant wait to get out the old world, having to quest in 3-4 zones at a time gets annoying, way too much travelling, at the moment I've been to Felwood,Western Plaguelands, Winterspring and Un'goro in the past 3 levels.

I do enjoy the LFG tool, but some times I enjoy solo questing depends on my mood oh and Lost Temple must be one of the worse designed dungeons ever, no one ever seems to know which way to go.

Sunken temple? And yeah I went through there a few times in the dungeon finder when leveling my prot paladin. I cleared it many times back in vanilla and I STILL couldnt remember the freaking order the first time. What an abomination. ST and BRD make it seem like their goal for end game was initially for the 5 mans to be Raid-esque. The size of some of them are just amazing.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Oh yes Sunken Temple got the name wrong, I dont mind Black Rock but it does drag on a bit.

Angry Grimace said:
Well, when FoF procs you use the same spell :lol (edit: I mean this because Deep Freeze has such a long CD you really only cast it twice a minute so it almost counts as a cooldown)

At the very least you can proc a FFB on Brain Freeze, but really, tbh I'm surprised anyone's guild would think you were sane raiding as Frost. It's not really competetive. There's nothing as maniacal grin inducing as setting up 3 or 4 Living Bombs on watching the bombs go off one after the other while they simultaneously proc insta-Pyros. :lol
Yeah it's certainly not the most exciting rotation. It does get a little more appealing on movement fights but my FB key is wearing out. And I know it's not sane! My guild and friends owe me for being their healbot for so long on my priest and druid. Still, I'm going to give arcane a blast soon.

I started playing again a month ago, but only just broke the news to my better half. I sat her down, and told her to brace herself - I think she thought I was going to leave her. I told her I was going to start playing WoW again and the look on her face was amazing. It looked like I had just kicked the dog :lol

However, she seems to be ok with it for now. Probably because I'm not wasting away like I was a few years ago playing 16 hours no stop to level during Burning Crusade and LK.

Been a ton of changes though, so its taken a while to get used to them and those new badges flying around. And Gearscore can fuck off - whats that all about? Seems to be an excuse just to allow the elite analist to be even more anal when they form pugs.
It seems pretty easy to abuse GS too, if you just whack random gear with a high GS together.

Enjoying the new Argent Crusade stuff up in Icecrown, Argent Dawn has always been my favourite faction.

markot

Banned
I despise the Argent Tournament crap >_<

Its such a let down after the Sunwell stuff imo. And jousting...... so awful, I cant stand it...

cdyhybrid

Chriswok said:
And Gearscore can fuck off - whats that all about? Seems to be an excuse just to allow the elite analist to be even more anal when they form pugs.

Actually, it allows those who think they are elite to be anal. The truly elite either A) don't pug or B) are usually with one or two other people they know/trust and can easily steamroll the instance regardless of what you do. Gearscore discrimination is for scrubs. Period.

CassSept

cdyhybrid said:
Actually, it allows those who think they are elite to be anal. The truly elite either A) don't pug or B) are usually with one or two other people they know/trust and can easily steamroll the instance regardless of what you do. Gearscore discrimination is for scrubs. Period.
Yup. I've been in a, well, quite elitist guild (one of the top of the server, good progress) and everybody considered gearscore THE worst idea ever. People who use gearscore are usually noobs who WANT or believe themselves to be elitist, but they aren't.

And even though I often whine about stuff and people don't always agree with me, I'm glad that gaffers finally agree with me on all the wasted potential.
Even in TBC, they had to make up everything as the land was unknown. And they quite succeeded with that (lots of new amazing lore, a lot of raiding content). In WotLK they pretty much had everything ready. Everything prepared. Raids easily to be put in Zul'drak and Howling Fjord. Whole Azjol'Nerub. And the subplots that went nowhere - why did they revived Mal'Ganis if they didn't do anything with him later on? Or my biggest disappointment - Nexus War. It was there, but we didn't see almost anything of it and it felt unfinished. Was Crystalsong supposed to do anything with it? We will never know :/

mclem

Sax Russel said:
ZG is there, AQ is there, (on the Cata map they've actually added the full uninstanced AQ20/40 down there as opposed to the broken mess of unfinished terrain occupying it presently).

Just noticed that they seem to have cleared some space around Dire Maul to do this with the exterior parts of that, too, but haven't done it yet.

Tacitus_

cdyhybrid said:

QFT

Some people on my server insist on 5k gs for weekly Naxx :|

Gattsu25

Banned
Well, finally hit level 55 on my shaman. Rolled a DK and completed the starter chain. I honestly don't see why it was so hyped up though I can see the potential of the phased game worlds. Also not a huge fan of the DK class.

Taking a break from this game. Will pick it back up on Monday.

notworksafe

cdyhybrid said:
Not really. I'm not a fan of it but I get the point. Gearscore allows a PUG leader to know about what content you've played before being able to look at your gear. People want a higher GS to make sure content can be cleared quickly and easily and with a PUG you always want higher geared people then you would with a normal guild run, so they ask for a higher then normal GS.

Loxley

J-Rzez said:
That's really not my complaint. My complaint is the stuff just looks so elementary in style. Those new weapons are so bland. They look like they should be green quest rewards. I want stuff that looks more like weapons, something worth raiding for. Not something that 7yr kids would make out of a cardboard box with markers.

I hope this isn't the trend again, the whole theme being dragon wings and heads on the weapons.

This is actually why the Alliance (plate) Grand Marshal gear is still some of my favorite items in the game in terms of design. It looks like Blizzard went in and said "Okay, here's what we want this thing to look like", meaning you can really tell they had a very specific look and feel in mind for it. I don't get that impression with, honestly, most of the high-end WotLK gear, much less the Cataclysm stuff.

It seems they've been taking the kitchen-sink approach for a while now, I just get the impression that they feel they have to kick up the absurdity levels with each new Tier of armor these days.

Part of me almost hopes that one day we'll get a Tier of armor without something glowing and/or floating on it. I understand that they want to show off the fancy new effects they can do with every slight upgrade to the engine, but everything is just starting to look very generic now.

Jrmint

Oni Link 666 said:
Fuck T9. Don't let the paladin armor designer do Rogue sets ever again please!
I thought leather T9 looked pretty awesome actually.

I love my Druid T9, that helm looks so badass.

So the PTR is up, when are your predictions for 3.3.5 being released? Hopefully not much more than a month, but I am sure it will be closer to 2.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
water_wendi said:
Keyloggers. The Authenticator has been hacked for a couple months now.
Poor choice of words, the authenticator itself isn't hacked. But there is a keylogger that works by intercepting the key number entered into the WoW client while sending a spoofed one to the auth server. Making it appear as if you typed it in wrong, while allowing the recipient of the actual key string a few seconds to log into the account in your place.

But this itself isn't something that decent system protection can catch just like any other virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom