• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisome07

Banned
Einbroch said:
Wow, so I started playing after six months of inactivity, and decided to do a few battlegrounds. The doorbell rings, so I get up and go answer it. I come back and realize I have this stupid debuff. Oh well, I wasn't getting honor. I continue defending a node and poof. It ticks to zero, I get booted, and get deserter.

Seriously, this is the stupidest idea ever. I get it, they don't want AFKers, but now because I stepped away for FORTY-FIVE seconds I can't play for fifteen minutes.

Ugh. /rant

you must've had a long conversation then.

Tacitus_

Einbroch said:
Wow, so I started playing after six months of inactivity, and decided to do a few battlegrounds. The doorbell rings, so I get up and go answer it. I come back and realize I have this stupid debuff. Oh well, I wasn't getting honor. I continue defending a node and poof. It ticks to zero, I get booted, and get deserter.

Seriously, this is the stupidest idea ever. I get it, they don't want AFKers, but now because I stepped away for FORTY-FIVE seconds I can't play for fifteen minutes.

Ugh. /rant

Umm, the debuff goes away if you engage in PVP combat. Go assault something, have the debuff fall off and go back to defending if that's what you want to do.

Einbroch

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
Umm, the debuff goes away if you engage in PVP combat. Go assault something, have the debuff fall off and go back to defending if that's what you want to do.
I realize this now, but before you just didn't get honor if you got the debuff, so I wasn't in a rush, the game wasn't going to be over in the next five minutes.

Now I know, but it's sad how a few leechers can ruin it for everyone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Talisman is actually a great trinket for arcane. And arcane alone however, it sucks for ever other spec class combination in the game but is a great arcane trinket. I would run rawr before replacing it with the rune. Abyssal is also good but I think talisman is above it in arcane dps.

And I personally always open all bossfights with a pre-haste pot just before the tank pulls followed by Mirror Image to hold the threat for 30 seconds and full cooldowns at the very beginning. If your raiding with your guilds mains, 30s will be plenty of time for your main tank to out aggro you by the time MI falls and you gain your threat. I wouldnt have any idea what the rotation was at 4pc t9. Ive forgotten now, so youd have to run that through Rawr also. The 2pc t10 is such an amazing freaking bonus though. Sweet jesus get that bonus asap man, even if you have to wear those terrible leggins from VoA to get it.
The T9 bonuses are pretty trashy; it's 5% crit on AB and AM and some extra crit on Molten Armor (which you can still steal from T9 by equipping T9 when you cast Molten Armor and then replacing the gear.)

Swag

Fularu said:
CDs should be reactionnary, not predictable. CDs should help you get through a tough spot, not be mandatory to pass a specific point in the fight.

That's what made Ulduar so boring tanking wise

I'd perfer that to the frustration that is ICC tanking in some points. Tanking Festergut is so frustrating because of the high chance of going from 100% - 0 in a global.

Making the use of cooldowns in a reactionary fashion like playing a game of whack a mole, because I can use one and then not take major damage for an extended period of time. Which makes the usage completely useless.

Cipherr

Angry Grimace said:
The T9 bonuses are pretty trashy; it's 5% crit on AB and AM and some extra crit on Molten Armor (which you can still steal from T9 by equipping T9 when you cast Molten Armor and then replacing the gear.)

I was so looking forward to abusing that too in the next patch since I should have my 4th piece by the time the new patch comes out on my mage alt, but I heard they fixed it on test by......causing molten armor and mage armor to self dispel everytime you change ANY piece of gear, or zone into any instance of any type or pretty much anything. Thats going to suck hard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
I was so looking forward to abusing that too in the next patch since I should have my 4th piece by the time the new patch comes out on my mage alt, but I heard they fixed it on test by......causing molten armor and mage armor to self dispel everytime you change ANY piece of gear, or zone into any instance of any type or pretty much anything. Thats going to suck hard.
That's actually just annoying.

Angry Grimace

Sebulon3k said:
I'd perfer that to the frustration that is ICC tanking in some points. Tanking Festergut is so frustrating because of the high chance of going from 100% - 0 in a global.

Making the use of cooldowns in a reactionary fashion like playing a game of whack a mole, because I can use one and then not take major damage for an extended period of time. Which makes the usage completely useless.
I guess to me it would make more sense if you had any kind of chance to react to it. That's my problem with tanking and healing cooldowns. You don't really have any kind of chance to react to huge spike damage with the way bosses hit things in Wrath.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
I guess to me it would make more sense if you had any kind of chance to react to it. That's my problem with tanking and healing cooldowns. You don't really have any kind of chance to react to huge spike damage with the way bosses hit things in Wrath.

Granted big tank damage bosses are in the minority in wrath ( Festergut, Sindragosa, LK heroic, and in the case of Sindragosa it's avoidable because of the cast time )

Einbroch said:
I realize this now, but before you just didn't get honor if you got the debuff, so I wasn't in a rush, the game wasn't going to be over in the next five minutes.

Now I know, but it's sad how a few leechers can ruin it for everyone.

Regarding that debuff, if you're afk at a GY, you get Inactive after one minute automatically, and then it kicks you after one more minute, so just make sure you're not standing afk at one of those =P

Fularu

Banned
Sebulon3k said:

Unless you are horribly geared you shouldn'T go from 100 to 0 in a global. That's impossible

No, it distinguish the good tanks from the bad ones. The ones who know how to manage their cooldowns versus those who can't use them unless the game tells them to

Meier

Xiaoki said:
Ive been on Lothar since day 1.

Have 2 80s on Alliance and 4 80s on Horde.

Best geared is an Undead DK tank.
You people with multiple 80s blow me away! Crazy. :lol I am playing a BE Hunter named Meier. If you ever want to group up for instances with one of your presumably lesser geared fellas, let me know.

Got to 77 last night so I can fly again, woohoo.

FLEABttn

Banned
Fularu said:
Sigh the contest is only open to people who are in the US. Fuck you Blizzard, us Canadians have a right to play too :(

I believe it's Canadian law that they don't want to muck around with for contests. So, blame Canada.

Tacitus_

Azwethinkweiz said:
Agreed. Are you talking about HM Festergut? I've never had a problem with the damage he puts out.

He can put two attacks into one global.. without any avoidance or mitigation from blocks or shields, those two attacks can be up to 60k damage. I think I have something like 36-38k armor raidbuffed which nets me 68-69% damage reduce and 70k HP.

So yeah, with bad luck he'll gib your tank quite easily.

Inspired by the Red Dead Redemption OT - I've created a form and corresponding spreadsheet to keep track of GAF WoW players.

Overview

I've started it off with a bit of data - going to tweak it a bit going forward. Let me know if there is any weirdness or anything, my first attempt in making a form/spreadsheet in Google docs. If you have suggestions/requests, let me know.

Edit:

Revision 1 - Added class colors (or as close as possible) and faction colors to the overview.
Revision 2 - Changed sorting to be done by Realm, then player name. Seems to be the easiest way to be able to find people

Fularu

Banned
Tacitus_ said:
He can put two attacks into one global.. without any avoidance or mitigation from blocks or shields, those two attacks can be up to 60k damage. I think I have something like 36-38k armor raidbuffed which nets me 68-69% damage reduce and 70k HP.

So yeah, with bad luck he'll gib your tank quite easily.
I've never seen him gib any of our tanks. Like... ever.

Jrmint

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Inspired by the Red Dead Redemption OT - I've created a form and corresponding spreadsheet to keep track of GAF WoW players.

Overview

I've started it off with a bit of data - going to tweak it a bit going forward. Let me know if there is any weirdness or anything, my first attempt in making a form/spreadsheet in Google docs. If you have suggestions/requests, let me know.

Edit:

Revision 1- Added class colors (or as close as possible) and faction colors to the overview.
Cool thanks.

Signed up.

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Overview

Edit:

Revision 1 - Added class colors (or as close as possible) and faction colors to the overview.
Revision 2 - Changed sorting to be done by Realm, then player name. Seems to be the easiest way to be able to find people
Add one character or more? Only 1 per server or?

Nolimit_SS said:
Add one character or more? Only 1 per server or?

Keep it reasonable, don't add your level 12 priest alt that you haven't played in 6 months, but if you are active on more than one character feel free to add them, or just put it in the comment. The new sorting should make it look nicer for users that add more than one entry.

Edit: Does anyone know if it is possible to autosort in Google Docs when new data is added?

notworksafe

I added both my 80 tank and a warlock I'm leveling up. Multiple characters probably aren't an issue as long as you are active on them.

Swag

Fularu said:
I've never seen him gib any of our tanks. Like... ever.

It happens, but I'm starting to think it's less of my fault and more so the healers in my guild just being baddies and getting hit by Maleable Goo. Looking back over the logs from that night, heals were kinda iffy on some of those deaths.

He hits me for about 36k on average a hit on third inhale.

As for Cooldown usage, I try not to go crazy on using them before the phase when I actually need them, getting caught without Shield Wall or Last Stand in the third inhale phase is usually bad and more times then not will constitute a death. So I use the shorter ones ( Warrior 4 Piece, Trinket )

But then again I've really only encountered problems like this once I joined this new guild, so that very may well be the issue :lol

Angry Grimace

Sebulon3k said:
It happens, but I'm starting to think it's less of my fault and more so the healers in my guild just being baddies and getting hit by Maleable Goo. Looking back over the logs from that night, heals were kinda iffy on some of those deaths.

He hits me for about 36k on average a hit on third inhale.

As for Cooldown usage, I try not to go crazy on using them before the phase when I actually need them, getting caught without Shield Wall or Last Stand in the third inhale phase is usually bad and more times then not will constitute a death. So I use the shorter ones ( Warrior 4 Piece, Trinket )

But then again I've really only encountered problems like this once I joined this new guild, so that very may well be the issue :lol
Just tell them to install AVR-E for a week until they break it to figure out how to move. :lol

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
Just tell them to install AVR-E for a week until they break it to figure out how to move. :lol

I don't think AVR-E shows the Maleable goos on that encounter, unless their was an update that added it.

All the healers are officers, and are completely infallible. I don't even bother giving them tips on how to play, matter of fact all the senior members are infallible in the guild. Had the main tank trying to convince me armor was a non factor for tanks and that I should be purely going for Stam pieces :lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel bad for people on the servers that are down all day. I'm guessing Blizzard won't be offering a free day of playtime.

J-Rzez

Chriswok said:

You and I both. I'm bored now basically. I don't care that we didn't get LK HM down, I'm sick of ICC. I'm bored of Arena's, in which it's still comp > player in many regards. BG's are the only thing that interest me at this moment.

Meier

I felt like doing some Heroic TBC dungeons for the hell of it but apparently I only have 1 key. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find out what I need to do to get some others?

Angry Grimace

Sebulon3k said:
I don't think AVR-E shows the Maleable goos on that encounter, unless their was an update that added it.

All the healers are officers, and are completely infallible. I don't even bother giving them tips on how to play, matter of fact all the senior members are infallible in the guild. Had the main tank trying to convince me armor was a non factor for tanks and that I should be purely going for Stam pieces :lol
I doubt they are bothering to update a dead addon.

Angry Grimace

Meier said:
I felt like doing some Heroic TBC dungeons for the hell of it but apparently I only have 1 key. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find out what I need to do to get some others?
You just have to get Honored with the faction that the dungeon gives out, except for MgT, which requires you to ironically, give them Kael'thas head by doing it on normal, i.e. Coilfang requires Cenarion Expedition, Ramps/Blood Furnace, etc. require Honor Hold/Thrallmar, and so on and so forth. Once you get honored (it used to be Revered) they will sell you the key from the Quartermaster of the faction.

nataku

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Overview

Edit:

Awesome. Always nice to see where GAF is playing, and this is much better than trying to track it though PMs and manual post editing like we used to try.

I seemed to have typed too much in the comment though. :lol

nataku said:
Awesome. Always nice to see where GAF is playing, and this is much better than trying to track it though PMs and manual post editing like we used to try.

I seemed to have typed too much in the comment though. :lol

Fixed it ;)

Meier

Angry Grimace said:
You just have to get Honored with the faction that the dungeon gives out, except for MgT, which requires you to ironically, give them Kael'thas head by doing it on normal, i.e. Coilfang requires Cenarion Expedition, Ramps/Blood Furnace, etc. require Honor Hold/Thrallmar, and so on and so forth. Once you get honored (it used to be Revered) they will sell you the key from the Quartermaster of the faction.

Here's where I stand now. Looks like I am not terribly far off from a handful of them, I just need to buy the keys.

The Burning Crusade
The Scale of the Sands 00/3000 Neutral
The Consortium 3347/12000 Honored
Keepers of Time 3996/6000 Friendly
Thrallmar 1430/12000 Honored
The Violet Eye 1250/3000 Neutral
The Mag'har 11154/12000 Honored
Ogri'la 00/3000 Neutral
Sporeggar 215/12000 Honored
Cenarion Expedition 7279/21000 Revered

Shattrath City
The Scryers 2660/12000 Honored
The Aldor 29524/36000 Hated
The Sha'tar 5366/6000 Friendly
Lower City 1563/12000 Honored
Sha'tari Skyguard 00/3000 Neutral
Shattered Sun Offensive 00/3000 Neutral

Angry Grimace

Meier said:
Here's where I stand now. Looks like I am not terribly far off from a handful of them, I just need to buy the keys.

The Burning Crusade
The Scale of the Sands 00/3000 Neutral
The Consortium 3347/12000 Honored
Keepers of Time 3996/6000 Friendly
Thrallmar 1430/12000 Honored
The Violet Eye 1250/3000 Neutral
The Mag'har 11154/12000 Honored
Ogri'la 00/3000 Neutral
Sporeggar 215/12000 Honored
Cenarion Expedition 7279/21000 Revered

Shattrath City
The Scryers 2660/12000 Honored
The Aldor 29524/36000 Hated
The Sha'tar 5366/6000 Friendly
Lower City 1563/12000 Honored
Sha'tari Skyguard 00/3000 Neutral
Shattered Sun Offensive 00/3000 Neutral
You don't need all of them;

Auchindoun is Lower City, Coilfang is Cenarion, Hellfire is Thrallmar, Tempest Keep is the Sha'tar, and Caverns of Time is Keepers of Time.

Xiaoki

Meier said:

The only reps you need now to get the other Heroic keys are the The Sha'tar(Tempest Keep) and Keepers of Time(Caverns of Time).

firex

Angry Grimace said:
granted, my only big healing cooldown on my shaman is like combustion in reverse, but I just pop it early so it comes up later if necessary, and let the crit boost work with chain heal or healing wave to either heal up everybody taking some unavoidable aoe, or just be confident that I'll overheal the tank.

Angry Grimace

firex said:
granted, my only big healing cooldown on my shaman is like combustion in reverse, but I just pop it early so it comes up later if necessary, and let the crit boost work with chain heal or healing wave to either heal up everybody taking some unavoidable aoe, or just be confident that I'll overheal the tank.
I think the idea in Cataclysm is that the tank will die in more hits, meaning you actually will have the opportunity to consider popping Tree of Life, etc. before he eats it.

firex

probably. Plus with supposedly bigger HP pools and heals not increasing to match it, it'll make those cooldowns a bit nicer.

Feels kind of funny to give up on holy paladin back in TBC but like resto shaman now, when it's a tank healer that feels a bit like holy paladin with better tools.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I like how in those vids they go through all the effort to cover up names but then leave the "Tooltip" up so that it shows all their names anyway :lol

Well and the names above their heads duh :lol

Guess they are just covering up their own stuff ;)

Angry Grimace

My DPS was pretty crap in that run, although I was being super-cautious about pulling aggro and killin' everyone. Given how cavalier everyone was, I think I'll do a lot better in the DPS charts next time.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
firex said:
is there a good page for shaman healbotting? While my server was down ALL FREAKING DAY yesterday (why me..) I was working on leveling my 63 shaman on my old server (for a probable transfer one day between one server).. I realized that having not played him since BC launch, I was completely clueless as to what to do with a modern shammy. any sites would be welcomed.

Meier

Angry Grimace said:
You don't need all of them;

Auchindoun is Lower City, Coilfang is Cenarion, Hellfire is Thrallmar, Tempest Keep is the Sha'tar, and Caverns of Time is Keepers of Time.
Thanks to yourself and Xaioki. Of course after I went around and bought my keys I realized that the Heroic TBC dungeons no longer show on my Dungeon Finder list so there's no way I'll ever end up even going. :lol

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Overview

Edit:

for a new page :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom