• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Duki said:
frost leveling imo.

so much better now with perma pet.

of course all you actually do 99% of the time is frostbolt spam or blizzard spam in dungeons.

which is really only slightly worse than arcane.
This is the truth, but yeah having Splashy (my name for the Water Elemental) perma with the glyph is great! I love my Frost mage!

I'd sure wish I could figure out how to play melee. Once I hit 55 with my FM, I made a DK. I can't for the life of me play this character correctly. I can't seem to target correctly no matter what I do. What's the trick to playing melee?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Darkmakaimura said:
This is the truth, but yeah having Splashy (my name for the Water Elemental) perma with the glyph is great! I love my Frost mage!

I'd sure wish I could figure out how to play melee. Once I hit 55 with my FM, I made a DK. I can't for the life of me play this character correctly. I can't seem to target correctly no matter what I do. What's the trick to playing melee?
I can't say I really understand the question.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FLEABttn said:
What? Same way to target with ranged. Click it or tab it. Then start stabbing.
the only time I have trouble targeting is on crowds of AoE mobs, but I tend to think of such mobs are being mostly irrelevant.

FLEABttn

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
the only time I have trouble targeting is on crowds of AoE mobs, but I tend to think of such mobs are being mostly irrelevant.

Yeah, but even ranged have issues with that, so I'm just confused.

markot

Banned
Just make sure you are close to em, dont move around too much... um... yeah.

Right click/tab whatever you normally do as a mage, just without the range >.<!

Meier

Got my hunter to a few bars from 76. Getting about a level a day even with a job. Not bad for someone who took a 3 yr break and forgot everything. :lol Loving the switch to a bear. BearyWhite is rocking!

Someone mentioned that I could get Northrend flying for like 1k at lvl 76...anyone know if he was full of it? I am almost at 2000 now..thought I needed 5k.

Oops, fixed my typo. Thanks for the answer below too!

markot

Banned
You get flying at 60 now for a few hundred, forget how much exactly, and you get teh super fast flying for 5000, although there is faction discounts for it.

Cold weather flying at 77 I think for 1000 so you can fly in northrend.

Meier

markot said:
You get flying at 60 now for a few hundred, forget how much exactly, and you get teh super fast flying for 5000, although there is faction discounts for it.

Cold weather flying at 77 I think for 1000 so you can fly in northrend.
Bah, it is 77. :( Now I have 2 items I cant use til then and I cant fly until then, ugh!

markot

Banned
Yeah, it kinda sucks, but afterwards once you hit 80, it becomes a 'legacy' item that you can buy from trainers, so if you level any alts, they can learn it at 68.

Chris R

markot said:
Yeah, it kinda sucks, but afterwards once you hit 80, it becomes a 'legacy' item that you can buy from trainers, so if you level any alts, they can learn it at 68.
And leveling with a full epic speed flying mount is so much nicer :lol

firex

Duki said:
frost leveling imo.

so much better now with perma pet.

of course all you actually do 99% of the time is frostbolt spam or blizzard spam in dungeons.

which is really only slightly worse than arcane.
boredom is a bigger deal to me really, especially because I run like zero risk of dying in northrend quests. so fuck frost leveling.

Hixx

Yeah I'm levelling a mage through Northrend now as Arcane after switching from Frost and its so much more entertaining than frost when multiple mobs come into the equation although one v one its just AB, Slow, AB, AB/mbarr = dead mob. Love 2 min Evocation and instant invisibility too. Too easy.

Weenerz

Banned
This is starting to get ridiculous, cleared two ICC10 and two ICC25s fully, including 9/12 HM in each and no shaman tokens, what the crap! And no weapons too, damn you Arthas!

Cipherr

HarryDemeanor said:
The Alliance introduction to Vashj'ir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4VHf0ak6rU

Oh god no. Not that audio scream track again. I thought I had escaped that forever when I faction xferred to alliance and decided NOT to redo the ally version of the wrathgate (since I had the achievement from doing it horde side) leaving the ICC gate instanced with the undead.

Anyone watching the stream of the MLG tourney?

http://events.mlgpro.com/takeovers/procircuit/titles/wow?site_id=mlgpro

Swag

MLG match on right now is so boring :lol

Warlock Shaman vs Warlock Shaman. Constant trying to drink and control pets from dying, need more offense in this match up.

That being said, I really want to start PvPing on my Arms Warrior, seems insane

Cipherr

Sebulon3k said:
MLG match on right now is so boring :lol

Warlock Shaman vs Warlock Shaman. Constant trying to drink and control pets from dying, need more offense in this match up.

That being said, I really want to start PvPing on my Arms Warrior, seems insane

Yeah, 2v2 is garbage at such high end play.

Epic fail by reals trinketing BEFORE the kidney shot, wow. Damn, and losing that match because of the pre-emptive trinket possibly costed them any and all prize money since they just lost the second match.

Swag

Puncture said:
Yeah, 2v2 is garbage at such high end play.

Epic fail by reals trinketing BEFORE the kidney shot, wow. Damn, and losing that match because of the pre-emptive trinket possibly costed them any and all prize money since they just lost the second match.

Yeah that was a really unfortunate mistake, but it seems like SK is done now. Upper Bracket championship should be some good matches.

Swag

Puncture said:
holy SHIT that was a good first match WOW.

I'm not a big fan of ComplexRed's shouting, so annoying but yeah not too often you see RMP going defensive almost all match

Edit : Fuck yeah LoadedBlack is back

DarkJC

Macattk15 said:
What is this 24 hour maintenance to prepare for the expansion all about? Adding in the Gnomer / Echo Isles stuff?

Could be any number of things they need to do to the servers to prepare. Upgrading hardware, etc.

Cipherr

Well this tourney has been fun, and these mage mirrors are fucking amazing.

But Im feeling less "holy shit" about Loaded Black now that Col.Red switched to RMP for the first....time....this...season... and they are kinda putting them down in style.

Macattk15 said:
What is this 24 hour maintenance to prepare for the expansion all about? Adding in the Gnomer / Echo Isles stuff?

Twenty four hours? LOL!

Cipherr

Sebulon3k said:
Damnit I went to play soccer for about an hour and missed the Comp Red RMP. FML

Look for those online later, they were fucking amazing. LB won, but CoL.Red switched to RMP after having not played it all season and were handing their their asses, crazy close games man. Crazy.

ampere

Macattk15 said:
Maybe the expansion is coming out next month !?!?!?!?!

:(
My realm isn't even listed yet, Eredar.
I'm not ready for the expansion yet anyway :p, I need to stock up on mounts/achievement that look likely to be removed, oh yeah and finally kill Arthas ~_~

My guild reconvened to do the 10 man LK fight and... one of our tanks didn't show. So our best dps had to switch to tanking and we pugged a friend of our GM. We only managed 5 or so attempts before the mage we pugged had to leave, we couldn't get him into the Valkyr phase very well, the raging spirits were throwing us off (not off the throne literally, I know that's the orbs that do that). Oh well I guess maybe next week.

Well it's good to get it out of the way now instead of waiting a week or two before the expansion hits with tons of people trying to get shit done and ready.

Swag

Puncture said:
Look for those online later, they were fucking amazing. LB won, but CoL.Red switched to RMP after having not played it all season and were handing their their asses, crazy close games man. Crazy.

Yeah I saw the final match, was intense :lol

xodpuv.jpg

Best.

Meier

Pookaki said:
http://i47.tinypic.com/xodpuv.jpg[img]

Best.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Love the Viva Pinata inspired name too.. great game. :D I should get 77 tomorrow and then I can fly and equip [url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=35675[/url] and [url]http://www.wowhead.com/item=38614[/url] (already got a +23 haste rating enchant on it). Woot!

firex

my shaman is pretty pathetically geared but I got like 4 upgrades doing the ICC 5 mans tonight, and that was just on normal. At least now I should be capable of doing all random heroics, so I can work on frost emblems and also get a few more 245 pieces. But it's sad how my gear is either a 219 epic or a below 200 blue.

I have a really foolish dream for cataclysm with warlocks, now that I think about it. I wish they would put in a new 1 point talent at the same tier as metamorphosis, and make it like exotic beast taming, but let you perma-enslave one demon (with loads of exceptions, like most elites excluded and obviously no boss) as a new pet. And then give a few abilities to some of the various demons you could turn into your new pet. It could be things from helboars to some of the more exotic demon mobs out there, and just exclude stuff that already basically functions like regular demons (i.e. imp model swaps) and it might make a demo lock even cooler to play as. I wouldn't even care if stuff was kind of weak, but I think it would easily address the "we want a new demon" people without having to really come up with a genuinely awesome new demon. Especially if all the mobs you could perma-enslave would be more or less a demon version of a hunter pet.

Might be biting too much on the hunter's style, but I wouldn't want it to have as much variety or more than two unique abilities per new demon anyway. And even some of those wouldn't be that cool.

PatzCU

I tried tanking tonight on my Paladin for the first time ever with a ragtag collection of epics I've gotten through greeds while playing Holy. Holy shit is tanking hard! It's like an entirely new game for me now after being a Holy pally for basically 3 years.

I don't even have enough defense to be non-crittable yet the random dungeon queue was putting me in Pit of Saron. People are so geared out now that I was just carried by 5k+ gs group members. It's still a lot of fun though. I look forward to learning to tank, gearing up, and seeing the progression of how much better I take beats and agro.

I have no idea how raid tanks do it, there is just so much shit going on. Of course, I'm sure when people first start healing they think, 'how the hell do healers heal raids, there is so much shit going on'.

Edit: For the record, when I played Ret I never thought 'how the hell do Ret Pallies DPS, there is so much shit going on' :lol

Nymerio

Hm, I have a paladin tank but I never had problems tanking any instances. My warrior is now 73 and I've been prot since 65. Since I hit 70 I leveled exclusivly through the dungeon tool, the exp is nice but I haven't had a decent pug since 68 when we did shattered halls. Since I started tanking on the warrior I see the whole class in another light, tanking on my paladin now seems completely dull and boring. With the warrior I actually have to work the keep aoe aggro, mob positioning also seems more important than with the paladin. Also, charging into groups of mobs is just awesome :)

If you're having trouble tanking on your paladin, just google "9696 rotation", you can basically faceroll from there.

PatzCU said:
I have no idea how raid tanks do it, there is just so much shit going on.

ICC tanking is like the easiest thing ever. It consists of two mechanics: 1) Be close enough to the other tank so that you can split the damage or 2) Taunt after a certain amount of debuffs have been applied to the other tank. The End.

Tacitus_

Bisnic said:
Warrior tanking is awesome, i've got so many tools and "spells" to use, it never gets boring. :D

Truth :D

Solotanking Valithria is such a rush, zipping back and forth while taunting, stunning and silencing
but fuck those gut worms and their spawn two in a GCD for five seconds shit

mclem

Azwethinkweiz said:
ICC tanking is like the easiest thing ever. It consists of two mechanics: 1) Be close enough to the other tank so that you can split the damage or 2) Taunt after a certain amount of debuffs have been applied to the other tank. The End.

Yeah, ICC doesn't really have any particularly interesting tank mechanics. Keleseth tank on Blood Princes is interesting - but many guilds use a ranged tank instead. Abomination role on Putricide is interesting - but the 2h users are clamouring to do it so they can progress their Shadowmourne quest. Phase 1 LK is interesting (at least, if you're on the adds), but 2 and 3 are pretty dull.

Ulduar was much more interesting for tanks. Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Iron Council, Algalon, Freya, Thorim, Mimiron and Yogg all had somewhat interesting and unusual roles for at least one tank at some point during the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom