• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Tacitus_ said:
Solotanking Valithria is such a rush, zipping back and forth while taunting, stunning and silencing
but fuck those gut worms and their spawn two in a GCD for five seconds shit

Valithria-25? We've usually got two tanks around for that, but if there's only one in play I'm looking forward to having a go at it.

Tacitus_

mclem said:
Valithria-25? We've usually got two tanks around for that, but if there's only one in play I'm looking forward to having a go at it.

Nah, 10m. We use two tanks for 25man and it's so boring when you're doing nothing for half the fight.You might be able to do it with one tank but it'd require some crazy threat transfers from hunters & rogues.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
hit 80 this weekend. GS is currently 3.4K and rising (32 triumphs to my third t9 piece). All epics are enchanted and gemmed properly, though only revered with hodir and honored with Kirin'tor right now.

all of my complaining about DPS and LFD is mooted for now... I actually have to turn off LFD to get my dailies done as queues are popping up every 5-8 minutes. My complaining before was leveling where I could be waiting 20-30 minutes for a normal dungeon. Heroics are pretty much non-stop. Very well geared for heroics and hitting 3-4K dps on bosses and around 1.5-2K on trash (hard to dps high on trash because it drops so freaking fast). ramping up on boss DPS right now is accomplished by Well Fed, Mirror Image, Icy Veins, Arcane Focus, and +Spell trinket. Can easily hit over 4K on dps with this.

So what is best use of Focus Magic? Mage or Lock of they're in the group followed by healer? I didn't get the spell at first and thought it procced off of ANY crit so threw it on high crit melee, then got screamed at by a tank (literally.... sigh....) and told to put it on healer by someone not a dick, THEN got told to instead in a different group put it on the lock... Thankfully only the one guy was a total dick about shit like this and everyone else has been helpful.

Agree with people who say though that you should have experience going through the normal mode dungeon before doing the heroics... so far it screwed me on Oculus.. :( I had NO idea what the hell was going on there. Culling of Stratholme was likely somewhat confusing though at least I didn't get screwed out of anything like I did on Oculus (though my fault)

Still, I now have at least once through every dungeon and getting my score up. Pretty awesome.. thing that sucks is I am dying to get a druid and hunter leveled also now.... but I really want a Troll druid and Goblin hunter... so I have to wait until Cat anyway :p

firex

yeah, 969 is a pretty easy rotation for a tank paladin and that is the core building block of the class. I actually kind of like it because it's a good way to get introduced to tanking, but I also like that paladins typically take on tons of mobs. Although I find it pretty boring tanking adds in raids... or at least, adds in boring raids like Naxx or OS. It makes me a little worried for cataclysm though. Paladin tanking is the only spec I like for the class and I get the feeling they are going to break the 969 rotation with their planned changes for the class in cataclysm. I really hope they don't make it needlessly complex while they work on it. I mean, the whole reason 969 works is because they need to be getting attacked for mana regen pre-divine plea, and need to keep attacking for mana regen after divine plea.

focus magic is meant to go on dps casters or healers. It's worth using on the right person because it's a dps increase for you and the other person if they're a mage/lock or elemental shaman/balance druid. I don't know if it's really a big hps increase for a healer, but if you're the only caster then you might as well use it on the healer because it won't affect anyone else.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
borghe said:
So what is best use of Focus Magic? Mage or Lock of they're in the group followed by healer? I didn't get the spell at first and thought it procced off of ANY crit so threw it on high crit melee, then got screamed at by a tank (literally.... sigh....) and told to put it on healer by someone not a dick, THEN got told to instead in a different group put it on the lock... Thankfully only the one guy was a total dick about shit like this and everyone else has been helpful.
i wonder why the tank would freak out like that? Was it a warrior tank?

Agree with people who say though that you should have experience going through the normal mode dungeon before doing the heroics... so far it screwed me on Oculus.. :( I had NO idea what the hell was going on there. Culling of Stratholme was likely somewhat confusing though at least I didn't get screwed out of anything like I did on Oculus (though my fault)
i havent had any issues doing Heroics before normal mode. In fact, before the random Dungeon Finder, the only Northrend dungeon i had been in was Naxx a year or so ago (imagine people surprise when the "Loot an Emblem" achievement came up after Anub'Rekhan :lol). The only way i could see doing normal before is maybe as a tank.. but the dungeons are so easy, people are so overgeared for the content, addons tell you what to do (RUN AWAY), and there are plenty of videos detailing every fight via every perspective, that running in normal prior is really not necessary imo.

Tacitus_

borghe said:

1) that'd screw people who've ran the dungeon on other characters
2) if you're new to dungeon specific stuff (ie: vehicle sections in oculus), ask! People will yell at you if you just screw stuff up and be silent, but if you say you're new and don't know exactly what to do, they'll usually tell you. Or at least, yell at you with less profanities.

Hell, I like helping new people, if they are receptive and seem to take the advice.

i wonder why the tank would freak out like that? Was it a warrior tank?

Propably had a bad day. Why would warriors freak out more than others?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tacitus_ said:
Propably had a bad day. Why would warriors freak out more than others?
Because Focus Magic only affects the persons ability to crit with spells. If it were Focus Swords or Focus Shields then it might be good for warrior tank.

Cipherr

water_wendi said:
Because Focus Magic only affects the persons ability to crit with spells. If it were Focus Swords or Focus Shields then it might be good for warrior tank.

Yep, I remember when the mages first started getting focus magic, it popped up alot on my SV hunter at the time. Had to tell alot of them to trade it with other mages (that way both you and the other mage get the 3% static crit, on TOP of the 3% crit proc when the other mage gets a crit) or put it on another dps caster at least. It doesn't work on Explosive shot or melee crits.

Tacitus_

water_wendi said:

Yeah, but he said he dropped it on a high crit dps, not the tank. I know how Focus Magic works, thank you very much.

Cipherr

Tacitus_ said:
Yeah, but he said he dropped it on a high crit dps,

No he said:

I didn't get the spell at first and thought it procced off of ANY crit so threw it on high crit melee

Thats why water said what he did, he wasnt accusing you of not knowing the game mechanics.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tacitus_ said:
Yeah, but he said he dropped it on a high crit dps, not the tank. I know how Focus Magic works, thank you very much.
You asked me why a warrior tank would freak out more than a paladin or dk tank (Icy Touch crits lol) if they were buffed with Focus Magic.

Tacitus_

Puncture said:
No he said:

Thats why water said what he did, he wasnt accusing you of not knowing the game mechanics.

Whoops, but tanks still aren't high crit melee.
well warriors can get kinda highcrit with all the talents, but someone new wouldn't know that

You asked me why a warrior tank would freak out more than a paladin or dk tank (Icy Touch crits lol) if they were buffed with Focus Magic.

Don't forget bears!

But still, assuming high crit melee = dps, why would warriors (or bears for that matter) freak out more than palas/dks who deal magic damage?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tacitus_ said:
Don't forget bears!
D'oh!

But still, assuming high crit melee = dps, why would warriors (or bears for that matter) freak out more than palas/dks who deal magic damage?
Because it is useless on them? They dont deal magical attacks so they dont benefit from the +3% crit and if the target of FM doesnt deal a magical crit the mage will never get their buff.

"Increases the target's chance to critically hit with spells by 3%. When the target critically hits the caster's chance to critically hit with spells is increased by 3% for 10 sec. Cannot be cast on self."

Tacitus_

water_wendi said:
D'oh!

Because it is useless on them? They dont deal magical attacks so they dont benefit from the +3% crit and if the target of FM doesnt deal a magical crit the mage will never get their buff.

"Increases the target's chance to critically hit with spells by 3%. When the target critically hits the caster's chance to critically hit with spells is increased by 3% for 10 sec. Cannot be cast on self."

Just repeating myself here since apparently my point isn't getting across.

thought it procced off of ANY crit so threw it on high crit melee, then got screamed at by a tank (literally.... sigh....)

me said:

To reiterate: why would purely physical tanks freak out more than palas/DK tanks because the mage buffed a physical dps instead of a caster (or healer if there's no second caster)?

borghe

Tacitus_ said:
1) that'd screw people who've ran the dungeon on other characters
2) if you're new to dungeon specific stuff (ie: vehicle sections in oculus), ask! People will yell at you if you just screw stuff up and be silent, but if you say you're new and don't know exactly what to do, they'll usually tell you. Or at least, yell at you with less profanities.
sorry, let me put this a different way... the PLAYER (as in not the character but the actual person) is probably best off going through at least normal mode first rather than your first time being in heroic mode. This typically won't matter as you'll be using the LFD system constantly while leveling EXCEPT for the level 80 dungeons in which you might only get a few in before dinging 80 and going right to heroics. having done oculus and startholme for the first time both on Heroics was kind of daunting and on oculus I got straight up screwed out of the loot (from my own doing). otherwise I completely agree with you besides that.

edit - as for the FM debacle, I will reiterate the actual description:

Increases the target's chance to critically hit with spells by 3%. When the target critically hits the caster's chance to critically hit with spells is increased by 3% for 10 sec. Cannot be cast on self.
the bolded part being essential to my confusion here. it does not say "when the target critically hits with a spell". So yes the target does not get an across the board 3% and that part would have no benefit to a melee class. However the second part, "When the target critically hits" could still apply if it worked literally, which, as I've now found out, it doesn't. so basically what I was doing was this.. if there was a dps caster in the group, I'd put it on them, no problem. The time I got yelled at was because I put it on a dps melee as like others have said, will naturally have a higher crit chance than a healer. this is where I was yelled at. I was told in that group "always put it on the healer". So I put it on the healer after literally getting screamed at, and then was told "put it on the lock" in a diferent group after putting it on the healer. I now get why I was told everything, just the frustration of getting screamed at, being told different things, and the unclear nature of the actual description text just kind of creating this perfect storm of pissing me off. :\

Tacitus_

borghe said:
the bolded part being essential here. it does not say "when the target critically hits with a spell", thus my initial confusion. So yes the target does not get an across the board 3% and that part would have no benefit to a melee class. However the second part, "When the target critically hits" could still apply if it worked literally, which, as I've now found out, it doesn't.

Come on, did you throw it to a DPS or the tank so we can get this settled :D

borghe

Tacitus_ said:
Come on, did you throw it to a DPS or the tank so we can get this settled :D
the group I got screamed at was because there was no dps caster so I threw it on whatever dps melee was in the group (probably rogue or war).

Meier

Just curious, is anyone else on Lothar who plays from GAF? I picked it back in the day due to RL friends but no one plays any more.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Ahhh kk.. sorry my bad for misreading. i thought they put it on the tank first.. the tank then screamed at them so they then put it on a melee. :lol

Tacitus_

borghe said:
the group I got screamed at was because there was no dps caster so I threw it on whatever dps melee was in the group (probably rogue or war).

Hah, I was correct!

But yeah, best to throw it on a healer then.

borghe

Tacitus_ said:
Hah, I was correct!

and to further add to the confusion, many "abilities" on all classes are treated as spells, so by having it on melee I was still seeing FM procs pop up on me. the difference being that on most melee classes these "spell abilities" are used far less frequently (compared to the non-spell abilities) than on a caster, where pretty much all of their button presses are going to be spells. I get what's going on now, but it's pretty damn ambiguous just going by the in-game text.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
borghe said:
and to further add to the confusion, many "abilities" on all classes are treated as spells, so by having it on melee I was still seeing FM procs pop up on me. the difference being that on most melee classes these "spell abilities" are used far less frequently (compared to the non-spell abilities) than on a caster, where pretty much all of their button presses are going to be spells. I get what's going on now, but it's pretty damn ambiguous just going by the in-game text.
Thats very true. When Puncture mentioned it didnt work with Explosive Shot i was surprised. The tooltip and how Blizzard classifies things is vague and inconsistent. Icy Touch is considered spell but spell power doesnt figure into its calculation. Even odder is that Mind Freeze (DKs spell interrupt.. like Kick) is a melee ranged spell attack that requires DKs to enchant/gem for Spell Penetration to land reliably in pvp. Hopefully Blizzard will make things more consistent so there isnt this cross-class confusion (how the fuck is a mage supposed to know that Explosive Shot isnt considered magic.. it uses Mana).

Cipherr

water_wendi said:
Thats very true. When Puncture mentioned it didnt work with Explosive Shot i was surprised. The tooltip and how Blizzard classifies things is vague and inconsistent. Icy Touch is considered spell but spell power doesnt figure into its calculation. Even odder is that Mind Freeze (DKs spell interrupt.. like Kick) is a melee ranged spell attack that requires DKs to enchant/gem for Spell Penetration to land reliably in pvp. Hopefully Blizzard will make things more consistent so there isnt this cross-class confusion (how the fuck is a mage supposed to know that Explosive Shot isnt considered magic.. it uses Mana).

Yep theres really no way to make sense of it. Explosive shot even deals full fire damage, is subject to partial resists, and benefits from the 13% spell damage debuff, but it gets no effect from specific spell crit modifiers like the focus magic, and I believe theres a shaman totem that grants additional spell crit on targets near it that explosive shot doesnt benefit from either, but explosive shot does benefit from the 5% melee crit buff brought by wars and ferals.

Really strange unless its been changed since launch.

ampere

Tacitus_ said:
Hah, I was correct!

I main a resto shaman and I find that mages tend to throw focus magic on me in 5 mans. Our several ranged magic dps in the guild ICC10 runs will argue playfully over who should get it when a mage is with us :p

I still think it's weird that someone freaked out at you over it borghe. But make sure to ask people or let them know if you have never run an instance before. I never mind helping new players learn the ropes, but if someone never speaks up and does things wrong it's a little off-putting.

borghe said:
Rogue poisons need more focus magic! Rogues can also benefit from the black magic enchant because of what you pointed out, hehe

Tacitus_

water_wendi said:

Yeah, Blizz learned something from paladins and forgot something from them while designing DKs. Both stem from the combat system they use (melee + spells).

First, scaling. Paladins spells scale by spellpower and they get a SP convertor in talents. DK abilities scale by AP since this convertor is built into the class itself.

Second, hit tables. Both classes have abilities that are treated as spells, but paladins don't get resists - because there's no holy resist (barring some odd "of holy resist" greens.. and I think they only appeared in Vanilla). DK abilites, however, can be spell missed, resisted and partially resisted. To top it off, the few abilities on the spell hit table are absolutely crucial in PVP combat, the DK interrupt and snare (the silence and grip are propably there as well).

While I'm still rambling on this subject, they should finish transforming thunderclap into a pure physical ability, now that it does physical (ranged hit table) damage it is a lot better, but you still can't use it while silenced.

So yeah.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Puncture said:
Yep theres really no way to make sense of it. Explosive shot even deals full fire damage, is subject to partial resists, and benefits from the 13% spell damage debuff, but it gets no effect from specific spell crit modifiers like the focus magic, and I believe theres a shaman totem that grants additional spell crit on targets near it that explosive shot doesnt benefit from either, but explosive shot does benefit from the 5% melee crit buff brought by wars and ferals.

Really strange unless its been changed since launch.
Spells and magic damage aren't the same thing.

The idea is that the classification of what's a spell is more based on whether or not it's considered a weapon attack. Frost Strike isn't a spell either.

Tacitus_ said:
Yeah, Blizz learned something from paladins and forgot something from them while designing DKs. Both stem from the combat system they use (melee + spells).

First, scaling. Paladins spells scale by spellpower and they get a SP convertor in talents. DK abilities scale by AP since this convertor is built into the class itself.

Second, hit tables. Both classes have abilities that are treated as spells, but paladins don't get resists - because there's no holy resist (barring some odd "of holy resist" greens.. and I think they only appeared in Vanilla). DK abilites, however, can be spell missed, resisted and partially resisted. To top it off, the few abilities on the spell hit table are absolutely crucial in PVP combat, the DK interrupt and snare (the silence and grip are propably there as well).

While I'm still rambling on this subject, they should finish transforming thunderclap into a pure physical ability, now that it does physical (ranged hit table) damage it is a lot better, but you still can't use it while silenced.

I'm pretty sure holy damage is still subject to level-based resistance, but perhaps I'm wrong. It's not a significant amount even if it isn't.

As for TC, it's considered a "lore" based decision; they said they determine whether or not requires you to not be silenced by whether it ostensibly requires a voice to perform.

On the subject of voices, would you like to have some/all of the spells voiced? It would be ridiculous to have all spells doing that ("FROSTBOLT! FROSTBOLT! FROSTBOLT!") but some of the cooldown stuff would be nice, as long as they do them well.

Maybe it's just me, but I like Eadric in ToC. "Hammer of the Righteous!"

Overall, more voices to make the playable characters more alive would help a lot.

Tacitus_

SiegfriedFM said:
On the subject of voices, would you like to have some/all of the spells voiced? It would be ridiculous to have all spells doing that ("FROSTBOLT! FROSTBOLT! FROSTBOLT!") but some of the cooldown stuff would be nice, as long as they do them well.

Maybe it's just me, but I like Eadric in ToC. "Hammer of the Righteous!"

Overall, more voices to make the playable characters more alive would help a lot.

Have you played with anyone that macroes something in /y, /s or /p for their spells? Annoooyyyiiiinnnggg.

Let's keep yelled abilities to bosses.

mclem

Tacitus_ said:
Nah, 10m. We use two tanks for 25man and it's so boring when you're doing nothing for half the fight.You might be able to do it with one tank but it'd require some crazy threat transfers from hunters & rogues.

I gather the 25-man Valithria *is* solotankable (with a bit of a rethink of positioning), but it makes a lot more sense to run with two, given you're extremely likely to have two tanks present in there.

If you thought 10M Valithria as a single-tank was frantic, you'll love the Heroic flavour. Much the same but about three times faster. There's few things more terrifying than realising that those Blistering Zombies are suddenly moving full speed rather than ambling around cheerily... I was seriously considering going back to T9 gear to get the reduced cooldown on Taunt back.

Xiaoki

Meier said:
Just curious, is anyone else on Lothar who plays from GAF? I picked it back in the day due to RL friends but no one plays any more.
Ive been on Lothar since day 1.

Have 2 80s on Alliance and 4 80s on Horde.

Best geared is an Undead DK tank.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
First day with a new guild tomorrow.

My mage is in all 232s and other such dreadful gear. Everyone else is up to around 6000 GS. Coming in 15th in DPS is assuredly going to be mega fun, I'm sure :lol

Tacitus_

mclem said:
I gather the 25-man Valithria *is* solotankable (with a bit of a rethink of positioning), but it makes a lot more sense to run with two, given you're extremely likely to have two tanks present in there.

If you thought 10M Valithria as a single-tank was frantic, you'll love the Heroic flavour. Much the same but about three times faster. There's few things more terrifying than realising that those Blistering Zombies are suddenly moving full speed rather than ambling around cheerily... I was seriously considering going back to T9 gear to get the reduced cooldown on Taunt back.

We've been doing Valithria on heroic since like the 10% buff man (killed LK at just before the switch up from 5% on 10, 25 at 10% or 15%). I changed to a warrior tank like a month ago (was a dps DK before).

Not tanking the mages eases it up a bit (since our DPS blows them up in seconds) but having an abo die on the left side and start sprouting gut worms while a zombie starts wiggling in from the right... thrilling :D

mclem

Tacitus_ said:
We've been doing Valithria on heroic since like the 10% buff man (killed LK at just before the switch up from 5% on 10, 25 at 10% or 15%). I changed to a warrior tank like a month ago (was a dps DK before).

Not tanking the mages eases it up a bit (since our DPS blows them up in seconds) but having an abo die on the left side and start sprouting gut worms while a zombie starts wiggling in from the right... thrilling :D

Ah, sorry, I'd missed that. My solution was to shout at the DPS until they stopped attacking mobs before they reached me. Of course, being a paladin, that meant I had an adequate excuse to stand still since I can't charge all over the place...

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Angry Grimace said:
the only time I have trouble targeting is on crowds of AoE mobs, but I tend to think of such mobs are being mostly irrelevant.
This is what I was referring to. My mage stands back, I tab and start blasting away with Frostbolt or Blizzard. When I'm playing my DK, I'll head into a mob but usually will end up with the thing moving around so much I keep getting "you're faced the wrong way" or "out of range". I'll move around as well but everything gets so confusing and often times when right clicking I don't attack the intended target. When I'm doing melee one-on-one, this is not a problem. It's only in mobs.

Tacitus_

mclem said:
Ah, sorry, I'd missed that. My solution was to shout at the DPS until they stopped attacking mobs before they reached me. Of course, being a paladin, that meant I had an adequate excuse to stand still since I can't charge all over the place...

Yeah, but you have two ranged taunts and consecration *shakes tiny fist*

Can't wait to get back home again and try to finally get some serious tries on hc LK10 again.

mclem

Tacitus_ said:
Yeah, but you have two ranged taunts and consecration *shakes tiny fist*

Can't wait to get back home again and try to finally get some serious tries on hc LK10 again.

Two ranged taunts, but DPS who think that as soon as a mob is *looking* at a tank, they can unload a full nuke on it...

FLEABttn

Banned
Darkmakaimura said:
This is what I was referring to. My mage stands back, I tab and start blasting away with Frostbolt or Blizzard. When I'm playing my DK, I'll head into a mob but usually will end up with the thing moving around so much I keep getting "you're faced the wrong way" or "out of range". I'll move around as well but everything gets so confusing and often times when right clicking I don't attack the intended target. When I'm doing melee one-on-one, this is not a problem. It's only in mobs.

Click on the one you want to kill first. Then run in.

Swag

10 Festergut 25 man Heroic Attempts

6 Tank Deaths ( Me )

1 Successful attempt.

Hate how omg that fight is, like every hit I'm tempted to pop a defensive cooldown, and if I hesitate I get hit again and end up dying.

Angry Grimace

Sebulon3k said:

6 Tank Deaths ( Me )

1 Successful attempt.

Hate how omg that fight is, like every hit I'm tempted to pop a defensive cooldown, and if I hesitate I get hit again and end up dying.
Part of the problem with Wrath boss mechanics is that defensive CDs for tanks tend to be just guessing.

Angry Grimace

Door2Dawn said:
hmm apparently there is a cataclysm beta test contest going on for Korea.
You mean like a contest to see who can hack the most foolish americans with phony Cataclyms Beta offers?

So anyone got some Arcane Mage tips? I'm going to be going straight from shitty 232s to 25m ICC :lol presuming they don't get a full 25 signups (which isn't that unlikely; every guild's bleeding members by now). Obviously benching if anyone with decent gear shows up.

I've never even really done much raiding on my mage other than a single ToC25 roflstomp run (where I got that Reign of the Unliving). I'm gonna practice getting my CDs lined up on the dummies tonight, but I'm not entirely sure of what the best way to do that is; I have the Talisman of Resurgance's 500 SP (or Shard of the Crystal Heart +500 haste) trinket CDs, IV/AP, Hyperspeed Accelerator's and Speed pots.

Any protips? My presumption is start with AP/IV/Trink + MI, and when AP comes off CD, use a haste pot/Hyperspeed/AP, and then the whole IV/AP/MI/Trink combo at 3 minutes.

borghe

Angry Grimace said:
Any protips? My presumption is start with AP/IV/Trink + MI, and when AP comes off CD, use a haste pot/Hyperspeed/AP, and then the whole IV/AP/MI/Trink combo at 3 minutes.
correct. you should be able to time full frontals with IV/MI coming off of CD. Don't forget if you have a second smaller dps-boosting trinket that can be used in that middle buff portion also.

Angry Grimace

borghe said:
correct. you should be able to time full frontals with IV/MI coming off of CD. Don't forget if you have a second smaller dps-boosting trinket that can be used in that middle buff portion also.
I have one trinket; I'm running Talisman of Resurgance right now because I don't really need hit rating in a 25m with misery up and using a PvP cloak as a stopgap means my mana pool is lower than what I'd like. The other is Reign of the Unliving which I'm not going to replace in any case. In a raid environment, I'm probably going to drop my Talisman and use Abyssal Rune instead.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
Part of the problem with Wrath boss mechanics is that defensive CDs for tanks tend to be just guessing.

I kinda miss Ulduar, mechanics in that instance were more controlled. Made it easier to manage when were good times to use CDs etc.

Fularu

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
I kinda miss Ulduar, mechanics in that instance were more controlled. Made it easier to manage when were good times to use CDs etc.
CDs should be reactionnary, not predictable. CDs should help you get through a tough spot, not be mandatory to pass a specific point in the fight.

That's what made Ulduar so boring tanking wise

yacobod

Banned
Sebulon3k said:

6 Tank Deaths ( Me )

1 Successful attempt.

you shouldn't really have to pop a cool down until he hits 3 stacks, especially now with the 20% buff

Door2Dawn

Banned
For World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we’re looking for a healthy handful of guilds to join us in the beta test process. If you think your guild would supply the perfect candidates for testing the limits of Cataclysm's content and systems, tell us why!

All you have to do is send an email to blizzardcontest@blizzard.com containing a short essay between 50 and 250 words explaining why we should bring you and nine of your guild mates on-board.

We’ll be picking 100 winning submissions from eligible participants each week for five weeks beginning Monday, June 7th through Monday, July 12th.

So.. anyone want to make a guild? :lol

Cipherr

Angry Grimace said:
I have one trinket; I'm running Talisman of Resurgance right now because I don't really need hit rating in a 25m with misery up and using a PvP cloak as a stopgap means my mana pool is lower than what I'd like. The other is Reign of the Unliving which I'm not going to replace in any case. In a raid environment, I'm probably going to drop my Talisman and use Abyssal Rune instead.

Talisman is actually a great trinket for arcane. And arcane alone however, it sucks for ever other spec class combination in the game but is a great arcane trinket. I would run rawr before replacing it with the rune. Abyssal is also good but I think talisman is above it in arcane dps.

And I personally always open all bossfights with a pre-haste pot just before the tank pulls followed by Mirror Image to hold the threat for 30 seconds and full cooldowns at the very beginning. If your raiding with your guilds mains, 30s will be plenty of time for your main tank to out aggro you by the time MI falls and you gain your threat. I wouldnt have any idea what the rotation was at 4pc t9. Ive forgotten now, so youd have to run that through Rawr also. The 2pc t10 is such an amazing freaking bonus though. Sweet jesus get that bonus asap man, even if you have to wear those terrible leggins from VoA to get it.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, so I started playing after six months of inactivity, and decided to do a few battlegrounds. The doorbell rings, so I get up and go answer it. I come back and realize I have this stupid debuff. Oh well, I wasn't getting honor. I continue defending a node and poof. It ticks to zero, I get booted, and get deserter.

Seriously, this is the stupidest idea ever. I get it, they don't want AFKers, but now because I stepped away for FORTY-FIVE seconds I can't play for fifteen minutes.

Ugh. /rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom