• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

holy shock is holy-exclusive again. It's the holy primary skill at level 10.

holy power seems awesome so far. They can finally ramp up paladin dps because holy power is the backbone of all their dps abilities, and their heal, forcing them to choose between offense or defense.

Not totally thrilled about that prot change to guarded by the light because to me it just makes that talent useless. Holy power just doesn't fit prot much, but I can't complain really because prot is looking nice and with the current talent loadout (and if they don't change it much) you are going to see tank paladins with conviction most likely as a way to help them keep their threat up. And really, holy power not fitting prot much (maybe you use it as an emergency self-heal with word of glory, most of the time you use it to give yourself 15% more block with holy shield, although I really hope the holy damage on block part of holy shield becomes a passive for taking that talent) isn't a big deal.

winnarps

Bleh, complete burnout lately with WotLK.

Being stuck on Heroic Lich King 25 for almost 3 months is depressing. We've had so much member turnover, drama, etc. And somehow the guild is still alive and we're always clearing 11/12H + Halion every week.

Applicants have completely dried up lately, though. And I swear, every Resto Druid we bring on fails or quits within 2 weeks. I was hoping eventually we'd get one that could fully replace me. I've got nearly BiS gear for Resto, Boomkin, and Feral DPS specs already. :lol Very little motivation to keep raiding; only the social aspect brings me back.

Still no beta invite, either. ><

Rapstah

Am I missing something obvious about the item set system here? I can't seem to get it to change only my weapons while leaving the armor untouched.

Evlar

Banned
Rapstah said:
Am I missing something obvious about the item set system here? I can't seem to get it to change only my weapons while leaving the armor untouched.
1. Create an item set with one of your configurations. Name it Weapons 1 or whatever and save it.
2. Manually change your weapons.
3. Click on 'Save' and give it a new name, Weapons B or whatever, and select an image.
4. Assuming you changed your weapons and nothing else, you now have two swappable item sets that will leave your armor and trinkets in place and only change weapons.

Tacitus_

Evlar said:
1. Create an item set with one of your configurations. Name it Weapons 1 or whatever and save it.
3. Click on 'Save' and give it a new name, Weapons B or whatever, and select an image.
4. Assuming you changed your weapons and nothing else, you now have two swappable item sets that will leave your armor and trinkets in place and only change weapons.

Other way to do it this is to check the armor as "don't switch" so you can use the weapon swap in PVP gear for example.

Rapstah

Evlar said:
I did that until now, but while levelling it's just too much work changing the armor for three sets every time I get a new item.
Tacitus_ said:
Other way to do it this is to check the armor as "don't switch" so you can use the weapon swap in PVP gear for example.
Cheers!

Evlar

Banned
Rapstah said:
I did that until now, but while levelling it's just too much work changing the armor for three sets every time I get a new item.

Cheers!
Ahh, I see. Didn't realize you were talking about a leveling character.

J-Rzez

It's shaping up to really be a tough call for me between leveling my DK or Ret first come cata. I'm liking the new abilities of each. It's going to come down to the "Holy Power" and new Rune System for me to decide. From what I've heard the new Rune System is bugged as hell so it's not working as it should, so people can't really say if it's good or a bad change yet atm.

Sciz

Tamanon said:
Proposed Fire Mage changes <3
No kidding. A cheat death talent, targetable blast wave, exploding flame orbs, and free scorching on the move? I've never even been specced Fire and I'm going to have to dig my mage out of the mothballs for 4.0 to try it out.

spootime said:
The leveling in this game still seems to be a barrier or entry for me. Ive gotten to 30 on multiple characters, but I usually say fuck it around then and quit. Recently I've been playing an instant 80 private server with a friend and doing 2/3s arena, and it's really fun to do. Maybe someday blizzard will offer a service to instantly level you for 20 bucks or something.. Or maybe I just need to try it again. If dungeons and bgs are efficient I might be able to do it

Wait til Cataclysm. It speeded up, many of the annoyances is removed, and honestly.. the quests are usually more varied, better told and just have more brain behind it.

A good example is a level area like Duskwood. It's this dark human land, with a town called Darkshire(quest hub). Right now on vanilla, your asked to run back and forth in the zone lots of times, and it takes a long time... Even with a mouth.

Now many of the things have moved closer, and you get to do the quests in a order that means you can do multiple ones at a time. Not only that but they have added flightpaths many places, and increased the drop rate on quest items, so its rarely you dont you get everything you need for a quest on the first kill.

Another thing is auto questing. Your in STV, ansd your killing young raptors. after your done, instead of going back to the nessingway's hunting quest to turn in quest and get the next one, you get the next one immediately. you click a popup button, and instantly go to the next one.

So the questing experience should be nicer, and if you do this improved questing experience, and then when its getting boring, you just click the mini map to do a PvP battleground or a random dungeon that will you give you a blue item just for completing it, and a good amount of xp - you have more variation in the game, than any other MMO I can seriously think of.

I' just made a Worgen Hunter. Lvl 12. AWESOME! What a cool story... but it stopped abruptly and suddenly I was in Darnassus, but there is some cinematic missing or something. But really cool stuff.

Damn, Worgen is going to be so popular.

VaLiancY

Vigilant Walrus said:
Damn, Worgen is going to be so popular.

I might finish off my Dwarf before Cata and roll a Worgen to see the world from Alliance point of view after. I love the Horde but whoever lacks the ability to love Dwarves may you be damned.:D

mclem said:
Love it. Now we have a somewhat interesting choice for how to spend holy power.

People on Beta: What sort of size heals are we getting from WoG (uh, unfortunate acronym) at the moment?

It's hard to say because it changes. 3 stacks of Holy Power at lower levels, heals you around 90% instant cast, no real mana cost.. just hardcore life saver all the time, and without a CD. It's like a lay of hands, all the fucking time>:)

only grip is... you need holy power(3 times to be worthwhile). dont bother doing a heal if you have 1 or 2 holy power, but three is like nuclear heal.

if your a ret its awesome, because your standing there with 3 holy power - and its either WoG or Templars Verdict(nice damage attack)!

Yazus

Got my beta key winning a "create your talent" contest.

Copied my pally (average ilvl 257... no LK down yet) and I have to say everything, from questing to talents ROCKS. I love holy powers, I love CC in dungeons, I love story telling with quest. I love this Expansion to the core.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The art of war proc feels like it needs to be a little lower, it's pretty much always up and it seems like it should be more like the Divine Storm proc.

If they up the damage with the proc that would be cool.

thatbox

Banned
The word on the street is that a new Holy paladin mastery has been datamined (thank God), but nobody on the official forums will say what it is. Where can I go to read about it?

firex

water_wendi said:
Someone reported on Grimaces posts but for the life of me i dont understand what was in it that was worth reporting.
I said that as a joke, but apparently he actually did get reported to mods for making so many whine posts/derailing.

water_wendi said:
Someone reported on Grimaces posts but for the life of me i dont understand what was in it that was worth reporting.
Shame, hope it's not perma. He has usually been pretty helpful to me when I come here with questions.

Entropia

No One Remembers
:lol
So World of Raids had a twitter/beta contest last week that went horridly. Most people that won were people that never used Twitter before. There's a pretty good population and circle of WoW players on Twitter. No one won, everyone thought it was a bitch sketch.

These past few days, Curse has said they had some extra beta keys. What do they do? Give them to the people bitching/complaining the most about not being in the beta. :lol

Xabora

Entropia said:
So World of Raids had a twitter/beta contest last week that went horridly. Most people that won were people that never used Twitter before. There's a pretty good population and circle of WoW players on Twitter. No one won, everyone thought it was a bitch sketch.

These past few days, Curse has said they had some extra beta keys. What do they do? Give them to the people bitching/complaining the most about not being in the beta. :lol
Wow...
Luckly I got my developer key before they ran out. :lol

ampere

water_wendi said:
I've been banned before for "repeated acts of stupid", so it's possible that a mod was just fed up.

Anyone seen the picture of the shark flying around the maelstrom in response to complains that it wasn't epic enough :lol

Entropia said:

I guess I should complain more. That'll probably get me a beta key faster.

Ok - Darkshore, I am almost done with. A good news and a bad news?

Good news is that Darkshore is quite improved over the old Darkshore. The new town, that looks a lot like Auberdine is much better, has nice waterfalls and such.

The bad news, is that by the end of it, just like the old Darkshore you still just want to get the f**k out of there. The long distance in the zone is still the factor and it annoys, a lot.

Storywise there are a few gems, but nothing... "crazy". Even Malfurion's stuff is okay, but not something that will make you "woooahhh".

So I have to say that right now for me it's Redridge > Westfall > Gilneas > Darkshire > Elwynn > Darkshore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they changed Duskwood at all? Looking at the map, it looks exactly the same. I bet they improved the quests but that's about it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Bisnic said:
Did they changed Duskwood at all? Looking at the map, it looks exactly the same. I bet they improved the quests but that's about it.

I think most of the changes are to quests, probably easier to move around in that zone too I hope.

But there are some interesting Worgen quests there now if I remember right.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol, i got banned on the WoW forums for the first time in 4 years, and for what?

Account Banned

Ban Type Temporary
Expires 08/02/2010 07:13:24 PM PDT
Ban Reason Spamming and trolling

Suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 72 hour period for trolling the forums.

"

* 39. Re: Real or Fake beta invite 07/30/2010 05:57:50 PM PDT

Wait wait wait, let me get this straight...

You got hacked a few days ago, and you went to some suspicious website that was obviously a keylogger soon after?...

WTF man, WTF. Stop using the internet please.
"

Duki

Banned
does it take heirlooms into account these days? it's good for a while with them but you end up outleveling it eventually

ampere

Here's a picture of Epicus Maximus, Paragon of Epicosity :lol

mmvat2.jpg

Now I want a flying shark mount :lol

Tacitus_

ciaossu said:
Here's a picture of Epicus Maximus, Paragon of Epicosity :lol

mmvat2.jpg

Now I want a flying shark mount :lol

And I thought they were joking with the "We'll add epicness to the Maelstrom in the next patch with laser sharks" :lol :lol :lol

J-Rzez

HarryDemeanor said:
I guess I should complain more. That'll probably get me a beta key faster.

Seems to make random BG or Dungeon Finder queue pop after 10mins and you finally say, "wtf is taking so long", so sure give it a shot.

Bisnic said:

No, the terrain was not affected by the Cataclysm, and nothing new was build during those 5 years.

Yeah, improved quests, but mostly fine tuned. You have to walk less, because stuff is closer.

As for Worgen quests its a bit iffy. They are being terrorismed by vile Worgen(same old quests) but they don't have any opinion about Worgen player characters... thats a bit of a shame, because it would be good for some good old fashioned human racist comments that fit them so well(TFT blood elf>).

There is a bit though... You remember Sven? a warrior who fought the undead head on in Vanilla. There is some stuff with him, and a Worgen camp in Raven Hill.

It's still a darker and more serious tone.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
markot said:
Right now I think you port there then you fly in with a gryphon next to thrall.

Punching Deathwing in the face: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Q5yD2gKpI

^_^
Best quest ever? Possibly!

Vigilant Walrus said:
As for Worgen quests its a bit iffy. They are being terrorismed by vile Worgen(same old quests) but they don't have any opinion about Worgen player characters... thats a bit of a shame, because it would be good for some good old fashioned human racist comments that fit them so well(TFT blood elf>).

There is a bit though... You remember Sven? a warrior who fought the undead head on in Vanilla. There is some stuff with him, and a Worgen camp in Raven Hill.

It's still a darker and more serious tone.
I don't know whether they are going to rework those quests or not, but basically the Worgen that are in Duskwood now were originally the Night Elf Druids who have been transformed and lost their mind - possibly a few Humans into that mix who were bitten by them or whatever (which later ties in with the Raven Hill stuff). I imagine they wouldn't harbor any outright hatred towards Gilneans who are Worgen because of the fact that they've been able to regain their senses.

Learning what happens to Sven and a few people in Raven Hill is very interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom