• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

Alcoori said:
We did the first 4 bosses and I'm happy to report we never wiped because of my incompetence :D
I even got the tanking necklace from the first boss so I'm pretty happy about it. Only thing is my reputation is 2900/3000 of being friendly and thus get the ring... Oh well, next time.

Fuck you, I've did 10 man heroic runs so many times and I never saw that neck drop a single time, ever.

Grats though.

ampere

SquirrelNuckle said:
Big grats :)
Now do random heroics and watch videos of raid encounters! Then get raiding~ :)

I cannot emphasize how worth the effort it is to fight through Icecrown Citadel and the Lich King. So much fun :D

Sebulon3k said:
Fuck you, I've did 10 man heroic runs so many times and I never saw that neck drop a single time, ever.

Grats though.
Not trying to rub it in but it's dropped 2/3 times I've done Heroic Marrowgar... :p
And I'm a bear/resto shaman so I can't use it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Vigilant Walrus said:
2) I am going to apply for a job, to assist a spastic handicapped man, who needs help playing WoW. According to the job description he has a lvl 80 Hunter and he does raids...

It sounds so extreme in a way. To assist a man who can't play WoW because he is completely paralyzed!? In one way I am fucking terrified, because yeah.. it would also have to be helping the man with hygine, and other stuff but I am wondering if it will kill my own want to play WoW.
It's such a bizaare situation. It just never occured to me, that someone you interacte with in the game, could be someone in this handicapped mans situation. Lots of food for thought TBH...

playing wow FOR him sounds really bizarre....but i guess he gets pleasure out of watching whats happening? i dont know if thats more fun than watching a million movies.

Swag

ciaossu said:
Big grats :)
Not trying to rub it in but it's dropped 2/3 times I've done Heroic Marrowgar... :p
And I'm a bear/resto shaman so I can't use it.

I got the Heroic piece off of Rotface so I don't care much for it anymore, but before when I was using the 245 piece out of ToGC10 I was furious, absolutely furious.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
lordmrw said:
Heroic Deathwhisper and Putricide. I want to hurt whoever it was at Blizzard that came up with those encounters. Fuck those fights man.

If you mean 25 man, agreed.

People in my raid somehow cannot NOT fail to ghosts. :/

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Vigilant Walrus said:
1) Im almost finished with Redridge mountains, and it's actually even more awesome than Westfall. But let me tell you - 80% of the quests are based around pop culture references and spoofs... I know for a fact that some people are going to be really, really, really fucking pissed over this. They will think it's mind numbling dumb and retarded. I for one thought it was awesome, because even though it was a complete over-the-top parody involving the human storyline, it boosted some really really fun things.
I know that some people will be soiling their diapers over it, but it's not as if Blizzard haven't done something like this before.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
davepoobond said:
playing wow FOR him sounds really bizarre....but i guess he gets pleasure out of watching whats happening? i dont know if thats more fun than watching a million movies.

Take whatever VW is saying with a grain of salt. He is certifiably insane.

ampere

Sebulon3k said:
I got the Heroic piece off of Rotface so I don't care much for it anymore, but before when I was using the 245 piece out of ToGC10 I was furious, absolutely furious.
My 'it never drops' piece is the Bulwark from Marrowgar 25.
I have the garbage 219 shield from reg PoS.
Before I got that, I had the crappy 40 emblems of heroism shield for over a year.

My gear level is ~5800 so it's really irritating to have that one crappy piece standing out ~_~
And since we're pretty much only a 10 man raiding guild I guess I'm realistically going to have to hold out for Sindragosa's shield unless I want to run 25 pugs every week.

Swag

ciaossu said:
My 'it never drops' piece is the Bulwark from Marrowgar 25.
I have the garbage 219 shield from reg PoS.
Before I got that, I had the crappy 40 emblems of heroism shield for over a year.

My gear level is ~5800 so it's really irritating to have that one crappy piece standing out ~_~
And since we're pretty much only a 10 man raiding guild I guess I'm realistically going to have to hold out for Sindragosa's shield unless I want to run 25 pugs every week.

It's the first boss, hardly bad at all. I'd feel bad for you if you were holding on on something from Sindragosa or Putricide, but Marrowgar :lol

Just go in, if the raid falls apart at least it wasn't a complete waste of time.

lordmrw

Metroidvania said:
If you mean 25 man, agreed.

People in my raid somehow cannot NOT fail to ghosts. :/

Yeah, we did it on 25 man yesterday. I don't really have any interest in heroic modes but I figured why the hell not a few times a. just to see what its like b. possibly get a few pieces of loot. In some respects it was worse than I imagined, others more or less the same. I won't be joining them every week for progression though, I'm done with ICC progression raiding.

Those of you waiting for a piece to drop I feel your pain. I've been waiting for Scourgeborne Waraxe to drop since February. February! And I'm still using the same neckpiece I got from ToC25! No luck man! There have been 2 times Wodin's lucky necklace has dropped, and unfortunately both were in GDKP runs and some absurdly rich mofos wound up bidding more than I'll ever be comfortable with and won them.

Door2Dawn

Banned
So I'm pretty much stuck with my goblin mage, since the beta hasn't been added to my account yet, which is kind of weird.

The goblin starting area was great, really enjoyed it.

speedpop said:
I know that some people will be soiling their diapers over it, but it's not as if Blizzard haven't done something like this before.

But speed - This is unlike anything before. It's a long quest chain that took me almost from lvl 15-20 or around that, and it was just one big pop culture reference.

Rambo parody. You have to pursade a legendary soldier of the three wars, because he is the only one that can save Redridge from the Blackrock Orc invasion - you do tons of quests, trying to pursade him. Getting his platoon(bravo company) saving them from captivity, having to get his gear... his bow and hunting knife. and then finally infiltrate the enemy, collecting fox poop and leafs and all kinds of other stuff... quest going down the river, propelled by the mage in the platoon who uses a fireball as a engine to make the longboat go faster.

It's absolutely crazy. Personally I love it, because John F, and the four guys in his platoon are almost memorable... they have some funny banter, and they are fun to walk around with. they feel like guild wars henchmen

davepoobond said:

The ad, says that he needs "help" to play it, but what would that mean if he is doing 25 man raids? I could imagine he can control some of it, maybe with a straw, or he maybe has movement in his fingertips or in one arm or something.

In a way it makes me fucking sad. I have not even gone to the interview yet, but I think I will. I think I will because im thinking about all the people who I cursed for doing stupid shit during a dungeon run. Think about all the nerd rage and blaming the other people. How do you know you havent gotten irritated with some healer, who was severely disabled?

And I know that, thats not the point - disabled people dont want pity or have special circumstances, which makes what I am saying totally moot, but somehow it still makes me fucking angry and sad!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Maxrpg said:
Man I need a better guild.. no real raiding going on or anything... looks like I might need to transfer :lol

well, idk anything about how well you play or your gear anything, but if you're interested on Alliance on Ner'Zhul, im in a guild called Turbo Cyborg Ninjas

tcn-guild.net

we do pretty well, 11/12 hard modes in 25, going to be doing heroic lich king inevitably. 12/12 hm in 10 man if it needs to be said

J-Rzez

Maxrpg said:
Man I need a better guild.. no real raiding going on or anything... looks like I might need to transfer :lol

Don't waste your money. Wrath is beat, and as expected, people scoffed at RS. So people are just burnt out on the game considering there's nothing to do. My realm for example had dozens of raid pugs going on per day before, now, you'll see a pug for something maybe 2 or 3 times. Most of our top end raiding guilds including my own are on breaks basically.

Things will pick up when Cata launches, in Nov.

J-Rzez

Also, lately a guildie was hacked, and we found them botting their toon in Sholozar Basin farming ore. We reported them to GM's, and they still haven't stopped them from botting yet on the hacked account after 3 days.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Does anyone know if it will take longer for cataclysm to show up on your account if you were to type in a code, rather than randomly getting accepted?

Xabora

J-Rzez said:
Also, lately a guildie was hacked, and we found them botting their toon in Sholozar Basin farming ore. We reported them to GM's, and they still haven't stopped them from botting yet on the hacked account after 3 days.
Owner of the account has to handle it, otherwise it'll be banned until the account owner finds out.

J-Rzez

Xabora said:
Owner of the account has to handle it, otherwise it'll be banned until the account owner finds out.

We all contacted Blizzard GM's and the account owner contacted them as well, yet it's still there farming ore. So because they don't act quickly enough, this bot has been farming ore, selling it on the AH or vendor, and then mailing gold everywhere. This is just feeding the goldfarmers supply and they don't care.

Door2Dawn said:
Does anyone know if it will take longer for cataclysm to show up on your account if you were to type in a code, rather than randomly getting accepted?

With actual keys, they'll take a little longer than just being flagged on your account. People had to wait at least a week last time.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
We all contacted Blizzard GM's and the account owner contacted them as well, yet it's still there farming ore. So because they don't act quickly enough, this bot has been farming ore, selling it on the AH or vendor, and then mailing gold everywhere. This is just feeding the goldfarmers supply and they don't care.
When you say "contacted", do you mean called? I got hacked during BC, and while I was on the phone with Blizzard they booted the dude offline and changed me over to a temporary password. That they didn't do the same for your guildie seems rather odd.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
When you say "contacted", do you mean called? I got hacked during BC, and while I was on the phone with Blizzard they booted the dude offline and changed me over to a temporary password. That they didn't do the same for your guildie seems rather odd.

Yes, they called them, and were told "we'll put your account in as compromised and get it back to you as soon as possible". Yet still days later, his War is still botting it up in the Basin farming ore. So I don't know if they handle things differently now or perhaps the CS associate was new and didn't know what to do, no idea. Sucks that they're letting this scumbag gold farmer get away with this shit.

Ashodin

4986 gear score, ret pally, just asked around to other guilds, I know transfering might be expensive but it's a last, last resort :lol

Cata needs to come.

lordmrw

Picked up our Heroic run last night. Downed Heroic Valithria, Blood Princes, and I still can't believe it, Sindragosa. We all did a collective f*ck you to Heroic Putricide though. A few posts ago I mentioned never getting Wodin's lucky necklace, got it last night for 3200. And since our GDKP run ended with everyone getting 6993 gold, I made out in the end. I believe we're going to do the Lich King on normal for those that weren't there for the kill last week.

Oh yes! Got my turbo charged flying machine now! Truly epic stuff, and one of the best-looking mounts. Definitely cooler than some twisted dragon.

markot

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
Oh yes! Got my turbo charged flying machine now! Truly epic stuff, and one of the best-looking mounts. Definitely cooler than some twisted dragon.
Wish it scaled better on Draenei males, they look silly and clip in em >.>

Rapstah

333k1sj.png

The stack was 13 of them. :lol

witness

Vigilant Walrus said:
But speed - This is unlike anything before. It's a long quest chain that took me almost from lvl 15-20 or around that, and it was just one big pop culture reference.

Rambo parody. You have to pursade a legendary soldier of the three wars, because he is the only one that can save Redridge from the Blackrock Orc invasion - you do tons of quests, trying to pursade him. Getting his platoon(bravo company) saving them from captivity, having to get his gear... his bow and hunting knife. and then finally infiltrate the enemy, collecting fox poop and leafs and all kinds of other stuff... quest going down the river, propelled by the mage in the platoon who uses a fireball as a engine to make the longboat go faster.

It's absolutely crazy. Personally I love it, because John F, and the four guys in his platoon are almost memorable... they have some funny banter, and they are fun to walk around with. they feel like guild wars henchmen

That sounds amazing:lol

Don't think I saw this posted:

WoW.com said:
For a while now, account thieves have been putting authenticators on their stolen accounts to buy more time for their scumbaggery. Blizzard has recently made that more difficult by requiring email confirmation when an authenticator is added to a Battle.net account. Rather than just logging in and putting in the appropriate information, you now have to follow the steps in a confirmation email sent to the address registered in your Battle.net account.

Note: Changing the email address on the account requires not only your password (which the account thieves already have at this point) but also the answer to your security question. So make sure the answer to your security question is not guessable or obtainable by any phishing information. As I have suggested before, if you use a password for your security answer rather than an actual answer, you are adding a very thick level of security. Make it a separate password you use just for security questions, like p45sw0rd (don't use that one).

We don't know how long ago Blizzard added email confirmation The email confirmation has been active since July 27 and we believe it will reduce the workload of Blizzard's customer service. More importantly, this will make getting your account back less painful.

Of course, the best way to prevent someone from stealing your account and then adding an authenticator to it is to put an authenticator on it yourself. There are keyfob and mobile versions available.

Source

Rapstah

I'll be damned: my group for Scarlet Monastery: Library sucked, so when the tank left I stealthed to Arcanist Doan and soloed him. Wasn't even that hard since all he does is silence and go immune to magic damage, of which nothing affected me. 35 rogue.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, as boring as a geared healer can be in a 5 man heroic, there's nothing better than letting die some noob blood elf pally in 2500 GS doing 300 DPS and not getting away from bad stuff(black shadows during the lady giant boss or getting too close to others during the stone golem boss in HOS)

Wallach

I think I might come back to this game for a while. I have an MMO itch and everything else on the horizon is too far off.

I'd like to start fresh, though. Maybe forget about H Arthas and raiding in general. Any of you guys play on a PST (PVE) server? I'll probably roll a healer of some variety as my past five years with this game was spent as DPS with a splash of tank (Warlock/DK).

Agility and Strength -- Death Knight, Shaman, Warrior
Armor -- Shaman, Paladin
10% AP -- Marksmanship Hunter, Enhancement Shaman, Blood Death Knight, Paladin
Burst Haste -- Shaman, Mage
3% Damage -- Beast Mastery Hunter, Arcane Mage, Retribution Paladin
Health -- Warlock (probably Destruction), Warrior, Priest
Mana Pool -- Mage, Warlock (probably Affliction)
Mana Regen -- Paladin, Shaman, Warlock (probably Affliction)
Replenishment -- Shadow Priest, Frost Mage, Survival Hunter, Destruction Warlock, Retribution Paladin
5% Crit -- Fury Warrior, Feral Druid, Subtlety Rogue, Elemental Shaman
20% Melee Attack Speed -- Shaman, Frost Death Knight, Retribution Paladin, Survival Hunter
5% Spell Haste -- Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Destro Warlock
6% Spell Power -- Mage, Shaman
10% Spell Power -- Elemental Shaman, Demonology Warlock, Fire Mage
5% Stats -- Paladin, Druid

12% Armor Debuff -- Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Hunter
10% Physical Damage Debuff -- Warrior, Druid (probably bear), Protection Paladin, Warlock, Blood Death Knight
30% Bleed Damage Debuff -- Arms Warrior, Feral Druid, Subtlety Rogue
30% Cast Speed Slow -- Warlock, Rogue, Arcane Mage
5% Spell Crit Chance Taken -- Fire Mage, Warlock (probably Demonology), Mage (possibly Frost)
25% Healing Taken -- Arms Warrior, Fury Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest
10% Melee Attack Speed Debuff -- Warrior, Death Knight, Feral Druid, Protection Paladin
4% Physical Vulnerability -- Arms Warrior, Combat Rogue, Frost Death Knight
8% Spell Damage Taken -- Warlock, Unholy Death Knight, Balance Druid, Assassination Rogue

Holy shit, why even have separate classes at this point?

Homogenization of buffs is ok if the classes are all balanced very well, but this is Blizz we're talking about. There will be specs never brought to raid because their buffs have been handed out to other classes doing tons more dps.

J-Rzez

SiegfriedFM said:

Have it on my Rogue. By far my favorite mount in the game. So much attention to detail and animation of it.

markot said:
Wish it scaled better on Draenei males, they look silly and clip in em >.>

That's your punishment for rolling a hideous squid-goat, should have at least rolled a female. I think Blizzard does things like poor scaling of mounts and such just to further mock male Draenei players as they know how fugly they are all around even. I mean, they're a TBC race, they should have been designed better than that, yet the only race that looks worse than them are the Humans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Holy shit, why even have separate classes at this point?
They should bring add an essential raid wide buff and enemy debuff that you cannot beat encounters without which is brought only by having a Frost mage and a Sub rogue at the same time.

Retro

I'm of the mind that they should either do away with classes all together (The "Fuck until we're all the same color" solution) or stop pussyfooting and embrace the fact that classes are supposed to be different.

I feel like this whole "Bring the player not the class" thing is only a problem in Blizzard's head that didn't really need fixing. Sure, tweak things a bit so tanks can all tank at the same level, healers can all heal at the same level, but don't completely blur the lines between them.

Maybe my rose-colored glasses are playing tricks on me, but I don't remember sitting back in TBC and saying "Gee I wish I could do x, y, z better"... I was a Prot Paladin for most of TBC and I never had any trouble in Kara or Grul's lair.

Every class should have one thing that they're unique at, and it should be up to the content developers to deliver content that doesn't require a specific tool for a specific encounter, but can instead be addressed in different ways. Maybe you don't have Class X to give Buff Y, but the other classes can still do other things that make up for it that aren't just copied and pasted.

It really feels like this whole "Player not the class" thing is intended to make it easier for Blizzard, not the players. But I guess if it's easier for them to make content, we should be seeing more of it... right? No? Not surprised by that at all :lol .

Evlar

Banned
If healers are all the same I'd like someone to explain the lengthy and detailed complaints about Priest's Holy tree over on the Cata forums. I mean, the one class with two healing trees: if Cata flattens the game mechanics so much that they're indiscernible from each other, and given these trees have most of the same spells to begin with (by virtue of being the same class), shouldn't it be inconsequential whether you pick Disc or Holy?

It appears to me the people actually testing the class in the beta are observing real differences in both play style and effectiveness.

notworksafe

Retro said:
I feel like this whole "Bring the player not the class" thing is only a problem in Blizzard's head that didn't really need fixing. Sure, tweak things a bit so tanks can all tank at the same level, healers can all heal at the same level, but don't completely blur the lines between them.

Maybe my rose-colored glasses are playing tricks on me, but I don't remember sitting back in TBC and saying "Gee I wish I could do x, y, z better"... I was a Prot Paladin for most of TBC and I never had any trouble in Kara or Grul's lair.
Well if you were in BT as a Prot Paladin, it would have been a bit different. Or if you played a Ret PLD, Moonkin Druid, non-BM Hunter, non-Combat Swords Rogue, PvE Disc Priest, Arms Warrior, or non-Affliction Warlock.

I think giving debuffs/buffs to 2-4 classes isn't a bad thing. It lets raiding parties form in guilds more easily and lets the players play the class they find fun, not the one the raid NEEDS for one or two encounters. A good example is our 10 man. We've done every raid in the game with whatever we had at the time. No one had to level a class just for a certain raid, like in Vanilla or BC. It's not the end of the world, and not a homogenization of all classes. Just some shared buffs, and I think it's a good thing.

Swag

Evlar said:
It appears to me the people actually testing the class in the beta are observing real differences in both play style and effectiveness.

Play styles of Disc and Holy are worlds apart, can't imagine why anyone would say they are similar.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retro said:
I'm of the mind that they should either do away with classes all together (The "Fuck until we're all the same color" solution) or stop pussyfooting and embrace the fact that classes are supposed to be different.

Every class should have one thing that they're unique at, and it should be up to the content developers to deliver content that doesn't require a specific tool for a specific encounter, but can instead be addressed in different ways. Maybe you don't have Class X to give Buff Y, but the other classes can still do other things that make up for it that aren't just copied and pasted.

It really feels like this whole "Player not the class" thing is intended to make it easier for Blizzard, not the players. But I guess if it's easier for them to make content, we should be seeing more of it... right? No? Not surprised by that at all :lol .
Kara and Gruul's Lair were serious business bro

Retro

Angry Grimace said:
Kara and Gruul's Lair were serious business bro

Yeah yeah, I never went into BT or Sunwell, my opinion is thus immediately invalidated, blah blah blah, et cetera and so on and so forth.

It doesn't mean I'm wrong in saying that the entire point of having classes is to have different play experiences. Some degree of overlap is inevitable and is actually desirable, but given the number of classes that all share the same effect on that list of debuffs and buffs, it seems like the only difference between some classes will be the energy they use and the color of the spells they cast.

Yeah, it's good that you don't have to wait for Joe to show up because only Joe plays class x. But on the other hand, why have classes at all if each is basically interchangeable with 4 other classes? Do away with the restrictions that are left or embrace them; right now it seems like everything is getting watered down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom