• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Okay, cool. Been a while since I played Mage but has Scorch changed? Do you not have to stack it anymore to get the full debuff? Is one application enough?

thatbox

Banned
close to the edge said:
I just need to vent a little here. Just tried doing the weekly raid quest (Malygos), 10 man with a pug. We wiped three times during phase 3 and then everybody left. This instance has been out since WotLK was released and it's not that it's a terribly complicated encounter, in fact we had no trouble during phase 1 and 2. Must be the combination of an old encounter that people don't do a lot anymore and the fact that equipment doesn't really play a role during the last phase.. blergh.

edit: yeah, I also don't have a guild to do stuff like this with.
Pugging Malygos is always a horrible idea because people can't be carried by their gear, and to a lesser extent can't be carried by people who are familiar with the encounter. If a critical mass of your raid doesn't understand what to do on the drakes, you're almost certainly not going to kill him.

Tacitus_

Ahhh, summer raid break is about to be over! GM posted on our forums that'll we'll start raiding again on the 14th. Maybe we'll get Putri and Sindra 25 down on hc soonish. Almost got putri down before the break even.

Mainline

Flame Throwing is really not needed for raiding, I've never taken it and range is not an issue in ICC, you'll get more of a dps boost out of the extra crit, even if it doesn't add up to much. Scorch now applies the full debuff in one cast.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just connected to my account for the first time in a couple years and realized my main has special characters in his name. Can you get banned for stuff like this? Also, how do you view fps w/out fraps?

notworksafe

Mutagenic said:
I just connected to my account for the first time in a couple years and realized my main has special characters in his name. Can you get banned for stuff like this? Also, how do you view fps w/out fraps?
No, can't get banned for that. Also you view FPS without fraps by hovering your mouse over the little computer icon in your menu bar. Ctrl+r also shows FPS I believe.

Mutagenic said:
Special characters in names are very common now. The worst thing they would do is flag your name for a change, then the next time you log in it would prompt you to change it.

Pookaki said:
Special characters in names are very common now. The worst thing they would do is flag your name for a change, then the next time you log in it would prompt you to change it.
Special characters in names have been allowed for a couple years now. They used to force you into a name change for using them but they are ok now. I guess they just ran out of names...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
J-Rzez said:
Where do you even look in this new bnet to see if you got a beta?

If it's anything like Starcraft II Beta, which i was in, it will just show in the same place as your current games, but with Beta written over the "box".

Tacitus_

BloodElfHunter said:
Special characters in names have been allowed for a couple years now. They used to force you into a name change for using them but they are ok now. I guess they just ran out of names...

Êüröpê just whined enough. Seriously though, it's great to use names in your own language.. until you come across someone polish. Damn those are complex names.

notworksafe

Err the link to the direct file requires a beta account to access. :lol You may have to relupload the Downloader file to someplace like Mediafire.

Alcoori

Tacitus_ said:
Êüröpê just whined enough. Seriously though, it's great to use names in your own language.. until you come across someone polish. Damn those are complex names.

I use special characters in my name to avoid being /whisp but spammers.
I don't know if it's still going on but at some point whenever I went to Orgri I got 10 sends a minute about buying gold or whatnot.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
ysera.jpg

Ysera got a new model. Kinda cool kinda lame they just reused the Alexstraza/Sylvanas one. It gets a little annoying when everyone is wearing the same metal bikini.

markot

Banned
Fortunately for women in warcraft, their stomachs seem to be immune to cuts and made of an impenetrable alloy that makes them need no protection.

firex

they nerfed the mage's personal benefit to their bloodlust ripoff spell. and as far as actual shaman changes go, they made hex into a real CC and other talent changes make it so they won't go for improved fire nova (since it's t3) but will go for lowered shock cooldowns.

ampere

firex said:
they nerfed the mage's personal benefit to their bloodlust ripoff spell. and as far as actual shaman changes go, they made hex into a real CC and other talent changes make it so they won't go for improved fire nova (since it's t3) but will go for lowered shock cooldowns.
I saw that, good stuff.

I can live with another class getting heroism, since I'm a healer, but the fact that it was better than heroism was sort of annoying.

Swag

LAUGHTREY said:
Ysera got a new model. Kinda cool kinda lame they just reused the Alexstraza/Sylvanas one. It gets a little annoying when everyone is wearing the same metal bikini.

Tired of that same model being used over and over, I guess it's cool how all of the dragon aspects have a unique dragon model, wonder how her's is going to turn out.

Hope they don't use the Alextrasza one

Her shoulders kind of look like the Valourous Nightsong shoulders

Tacitus_

Sebulon3k said:
Tired of that same model being used over and over, I guess it's cool how all of the dragon aspects have a unique dragon model, wonder how her's is going to turn out.

Hope they don't use the Alextrasza one

Her shoulders kind of look like the Valourous Nightsong shoulders

That's like the third time that model has been used, second time for dragons.

Tacitus_

Cool, just saw a few guys from Paragon. Supposedly they're doing a live raid at some point... going to watch, maybe I'll learn something :D

JesseZao

Is there a sandbox mod to play around with for the beta client? Otherwise, why would you want to install it without having a beta invite?

JesseZao said:
Is there a sandbox mod to play around with for the beta client? Otherwise, why would you want to install it without having a beta invite?

So you don't have to wait for it to download and install? So you can go in right as you get one?

JesseZao

HarryDemeanor said:
So you don't have to wait for it to download and install? So you can go in right as you get one?

I see. Is there going to be a public beta soon? Seems like a lot of trouble for the slim chance of getting a beta invite unless it's going public soon.

JesseZao said:
I see. Is there going to be a public beta soon? Seems like a lot of trouble for the slim chance of getting a beta invite unless it's going public soon.

They hand out tons of keys near the end of beta for stress testing of the expansion. So, there is a bigger chance you might get into that phase.

Door2Dawn

Banned
This new launcher is such shit.

I press the restart button to go back to the launcher, but the launcher doesn't do anything. And after a while the launcher disapears. What am I doing wrong?

I have deleted and re downloaded this thing 6 times now, and it still doesn't work.

Macattk15

HarryDemeanor said:
They hand out tons of keys near the end of beta for stress testing of the expansion. So, there is a bigger chance you might get into that phase.

I need some damn contest I can enter or something, I never get picked for betas.

Naka

It's telling me I still have 18 hours to download but I can play if I want. I'm at work so I can't check it out right now. The download is taking forever though.

LAUGHTREY said:
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/august/ysera.jpg
I don't mind it. Looks pretty good.

Ya know what I do mind though? Her eyes. They're open. I know it's lolore, but I don't care. She rarely opens her eyes.

thatbox said:
Pugging Malygos is always a horrible idea because people can't be carried by their gear, and to a lesser extent can't be carried by people who are familiar with the encounter. If a critical mass of your raid doesn't understand what to do on the drakes, you're almost certainly not going to kill him.
Yeah.. I figured as much.

Emonk

Banned
So.

I made the horrible and stupid mistake of watching the Cataclysm beta videos on Giant Bomb. I haven't played in over a year. I'm thinking about resubbing. I don't have a current level 80, so if I come back I'll be alone and probably starting over somewhere with a Death Knight.

I figure the chance of me being productive in the raid scene before Cataclysm hits is pretty small. Is there enough to do to keep me busy without raiding, assuming a fairly light schedule of maybe 10-15 hours a week?

notworksafe

Well that depends on what you like to do. There's exploring the old world, lore related quests, 5 man dungeons, and maybe even PUG or small scale raiding like my guild does. We have a weekly raid that isn't any longer than 3-4 hours and tailored towards noobs and alts.

Then there is just chatting and hanging out with guildmates will grinding rep or leveling alts. That's what most of my non-raid activity in WoW is at the moment. If you're looking for a server or guild (and you should be, WoW is a lot more fun with other people) I recommend mine because we've got a wide swath of players from casual dads/moms to serious hardcore types. We're <In Defense of the Genre> on Area 52 (Horde of course!). If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you invited.

Emonk

Banned
Oh cool. I was talking with a few guys at work today, and apparently there is a fairly decent amount of people there that all play together, so I'm going to find out about that first, but I might PM you in a day or two depending how that goes.

CAW

Some good old World PvP (or FTH/FTA) on the server I play on (Fizzcrank): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9Cp9_fElI

Crappy quality because I let Windows Movie Maker convert the FRAPS file and upload to Youtube thinking it would turn out OK but it didn't, so I'll need to re-do it using Vegas or something.

Anyway, the Horde had been planning to raid SW for a bit too long and I guess some spies tipped off the Alliance and the Alliance were well prepared for the Horde invasion. Doesn't happen often but stuff like this is so random and so much fun!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Rapstah said:
Woah at the top DPS fire mage having 70% crit on his Fire Bolts. :lol That's ridicously high! Can you actually go that high consistently with raid buffs, talents and gear or do you have to be very lucky too?

as a hunter i get 80%-90%+ crit during procs. it is very possible in the top-end gear

Nelo Ice

Banned
Emonk said:
So.

I made the horrible and stupid mistake of watching the Cataclysm beta videos on Giant Bomb. I haven't played in over a year. I'm thinking about resubbing. I don't have a current level 80, so if I come back I'll be alone and probably starting over somewhere with a Death Knight.

I figure the chance of me being productive in the raid scene before Cataclysm hits is pretty small. Is there enough to do to keep me busy without raiding, assuming a fairly light schedule of maybe 10-15 hours a week?

so my cousin put me on the fence to return to wow but since u mentioned those giant bomb videos i ended up watching them and now im completely on the hook and will return for sure...damn u! :lol :lol

Chris R

Fire mage was the second most fun I had with any max level character. Can't wait for Cata, though with a new job I don't have more than 2 hours a night to play really :( Got a few 80s ready to go when it drops, I want to play now but I know everything I do between now and release is basically pointless. Fucking sucks I blew like 40k of gold in my final month of my subscription just dicking around buying random ass shit I didn't even need for my new 80s :(

LAUGHTREY said:
ysera.jpg

This and the new malfurion model... could it be new night elf models? they look so much nicer than the current NE. remove the antlers, and all that shit, strip it down, to a basic night elf, and you would have something that looks really cool, for both male and female. the ears are thicker, the proportions seem more ... well, interesting, than the weird extreme of the current NE like it's broken or deformed on purpose, even in the contrast to WoW's incredible over-the-top artstyle.
Dwarfs for example is a race that looks great, with hands as big as their heads, but something about NE always bugged me.

These looks great however.

markot

Banned
Not really >.<

Same model as Sylvanas, pretty much identical and just have some shoulder/head differences.

And the same as Alexstrasza.

Alexstrasza_the_Life-Binder.jpg
sylvanas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom