• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

eosos

Banned
I just received this in my junk mail folder...
Hello,

A Character Faction Change is now pending for the World of Warcraft account cowman_53@hotmail.com. Please allow several days for the faction change process to complete. An email will be sent to you when it is done. You can also track the status of your request by signing into the Transaction page here: http://www.battle.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.

Below is a summary of the transaction, which you may want to keep for your records.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World of Warcraft Account Name: cowman_53@hotmail.com
TRANSACTION ID: 64180651

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the following additional information:

- This account is not available for play while the faction change is pending.
- If you did not make this transaction, you should immediately check your account to prevent character lost.
- This account cannot change factions again until 3 days have elapsed.
- You can review this and other Account Management transactions by logging into Account Management and going to your Transactions page at https://www.battle.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.
- For more details on Character Faction Change, refer to the Character Faction Change FAQ located at http://us.blizzard.com/support/arti...parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=2327.

You can find World of Warcraft Account Management at: http://www.battle.factionconfirm.us/login.html

We hope you enjoy your new faction!

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Team
Blizzard Entertainment

mailkey cffzfq.pueaxeo9.xok9 <--- this part was only visible whn i highlighted everything

I just logged in to my account and everything seemed okay.
Do I do anything about this or just ignore?

Rapstah

So I created a Tauren Paladin. The Tauren starting area seems very cool so far, but I can't seem to contact any of my Real ID friends over Battle.net. Is that currently disabled in the beta?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, looking at posts like this, i'm not surprised so many people get their account hacked.

I mean it's pretty obvious it's a phishing email, yet here he comes asking if it's true or not.

J-Rzez

All you have to do is look at the site address they're trying to get you to go to. Sometimes they'll cover the link up, but once you mouse over, you see the real one which is "www.bluzzard-battle-youraccountismine.com/security/wxs=bam.

I delete everything anymore. There could be real Blizzard emails in the mix as far as I know, I just don't care anymore, I'm so sick of these emails. If I ever found these people in real life...

Rapstah

Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on here?

28tfdye.png

My screenshot. Mislabelled? :lol

But sometimes they look very real, like real url, mail. But then I go into addition details, check IP etc and see its fake but someone less hmm "tech smart :p" would easily fall.

PatzCU

Nolimit_SS said:
But sometimes they look very real, like real url, mail. But then I go into addition details, check IP etc and see its fake but someone less hmm "tech smart :p" would easily fall.

You just need to start adopting the mindset that everything on the internet is guilty until proven innocent. Assume anything you receive WoW related (or otherwise), is malicious.

Bisnic

Nolimit_SS said:

You don't even need to check additionnal details or IP, just do what J-Rezz said. mouse over the link that looks like battle.net or worldofwarcraft.com, and you'll see at the bottom of your browser the real keylogger link.

But a lot of people play this game. People who don't even know how to turn off their computer if its bugged or frozen. So something as simple as mouse over a link is not known to them.

CassSept

Rapstah said:

http://i33.tinypic.com/28tfdye.png[IMG]

My screenshot. Mislabelled? :lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, probably a bug. There are lots of them it seems.

The most annoying one at the moment imo is not being able to learn new skills when having two professions. I want to test Recuperate but I'm not gonna delete my professions! :(

On the other hand, goblin starting experience. God damn. [b]So awesome[/b].

Answering your previous questions, seems realid doesn't work in beta. A shame, really :/

Edit: Oh, looking through screenshots I did today, I came across an incredible bug. Inside of Orgrimmar lw trainer's hut I've been attacked by a dead boar. Seriously. I couldn't even target it, it was just a model of dead boar attacking me out of nowhere. What the:lol

falastini

In the past month I've gotten more phishing attempts then ever before. I got faction changes, race changes, password changes... pretty much everything you can think of on several of my email accounts. I even got one for buying Starcraft II (a week before I actually did buy it).

ampere

Weenerz said:
battle.factionconfirm.us :lol
:lol

Rapstah said:

http://i33.tinypic.com/28tfdye.png[IMG]

My screenshot. Mislabelled? :lol[/QUOTE]
Formatting/labeling might be screwed up but I did hear that you will now be able to train to ride the mounts of other factions instead of having to be exalted.

Rapstah

ciaossu said:
Formatting/labeling might be screwed up but I did hear that you will now be able to train to ride the mounts of other factions instead of having to be exalted.
Hey, yeah, that actually makes sense and seems a decent compromise between the original system and the current one.

Bisnic said:
You don't even need to check additionnal details or IP, just do what J-Rezz said. mouse over the link that looks like battle.net or worldofwarcraft.com, and you'll see at the bottom of your browser the real keylogger link.

But a lot of people play this game. People who don't even know how to turn off their computer if its bugged or frozen. So something as simple as mouse over a link is not known to them.
Deleting all spam, I'll check some later but I'm pretty sure I saw even those links masked, maybe its only specific. Will check and report back

Rapstah said:

28tfdye.png

My screenshot. Mislabelled? :lol

Actually it isn't a bug. You no longer need to be exalted to buy other race mounts. You just need to purchase the required riding skill such as "Wolf Riding" or "Raptor Riding."

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Thanks for all the replies on the previous page. I wanted to be a paladin but not as a BE, so I may just go tauren druid. How should I apply talent points early on? Feral?

I decided to do the Stranglethorn fishing event, since I finally took up fishing.

What a load of bullshit. I had no idea the teamwork involved with that. A mage got on his mammoth mount and stood over my fishing area so I couldnt see anything. :\ After moving to another area an alliance Paladin had his warrior friend kill me. Eliminate the competition I guess.

So, after running back and getting my body, I hunted down that Paladin and killed him.

Worst part is, that guy with his friend on the mammoth mount won. Guess I underestimated this ruthless event.

I decided to log into the beta for shits and giggles and to my amazement saw a single server up there. I became so happy that I thought I was in the beta until I looked at the server name and realized it was the public test server.

J-Rzez

MattPeters said:
I decided to do the Stranglethorn fishing event, since I finally took up fishing.

What a load of bullshit. I had no idea the teamwork involved with that. A mage got on his mammoth mount and stood over my fishing area so I couldnt see anything. :\ After moving to another area an alliance Paladin had his warrior friend kill me. Eliminate the competition I guess.

So, after running back and getting my body, I hunted down that Paladin and killed him.

Worst part is, that guy with his friend on the mammoth mount won. Guess I underestimated this ruthless event.

You should have seen it when "twinking" was in it's prime. You had entire guilds down there trying to fix the event. It was an absolute warzone.

HarryDemeanor said:
Actually it isn't a bug. You no longer need to be exalted to buy other race mounts. You just need to purchase the required riding skill such as "Wolf Riding" or "Raptor Riding."

MORE STUFF NERFED FOR THE DAMN CASUALS FUCK THIS GAME

Reputation Enchantments - Head

* Cataclysm Reputation Earthern Ring Revered Tank Enchant - Permanently adds 90 Stamina and 35 dodge rating to a head slot item.
* Cataclysm Reputation Guardian of Hyjal Revered Caster Enchant - Permanently adds 60 Intellect and 35 critical strike rating to a head slot item.
* Cataclysm Reputation Dragonmaw/Wildhammer Revered Strength Enchant - Permanently adds 60 Strength and 35 mastery strike rating to a head slot item.
* Cataclysm Reputation Ramkahen Revered Agility Enchant - Permanently adds 60 Agility and 35 haste rating to a head slot item.

Depending on how good mastery is this could be unfair for us agility classes.

Hixx

Potentially a typo. 'Mastery strike rating'?

And before some smart arse comes along and pops a semi squealing 'its a BETA guyz!!1'... don't.

firex

HixxSAFC said:
Potentially a typo. 'Mastery strike rating'?

And before some smart arse comes along and pops a semi squealing 'its a BETA guyz!!1'... don't.
definitely a typo. And mastery probably won't be much better than haste, especially for agi classes (more energy/focus regen for rogues/hunters/cats, more mana regen for shamans).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
HarryDemeanor said:
That is bullshit. I had Exalted with Darn at 60. One of the few humans on the server who were rocking a kitty mount(Non PvP Style)

J-Rzez said:
You should have seen it when "twinking" was in it's prime. You had entire guilds down there trying to fix the event. It was an absolute warzone.
I tried it for a few months. Never got close to winning since I did it solo. To be honest, the bulk of it is just luck. I saw a 30 something guy actually won. He got a spot and was ignored.

The best and worst moment for me was, I was like 20fish in within 5minutes. Normally it takes high teens for the winner, meaning I'm killing the time. Except I get killed by a group. Then killed by the same group who were attempting to get one of their female members the win. How do I know this? I went back to the inn and fucking camped it. I wanted to see who was going to win and if it was horde... let's just say they weren't going to be able to turn it in. Well, turned out it was the member from the guild who kept killing me. I kill her 3 times in a row, less then 2 feet from being able to turn it in. Some level 50 alliance guy comes in then and wins. One of the horde have an alliance character, proceed to bitch at how I'm a loser, etc.

eosos

Banned
Bisnic said:
You know, looking at posts like this, i'm not surprised so many people get their account hacked.

I mean it's pretty obvious it's a phishing email, yet here he comes asking if it's true or not.
Thanks bro, I came in asking if I should do anything about it. I wasn't retarded enough to click the link. Read the post next time.

JesseZao

eosos said:
Thanks bro, I came in asking if I should do anything about it. I wasn't retarded enough to click the link. Read the post next time.

So you wanted to know if you should sue the phishers? I say go for it!

firex

eosos said:
I asked Blizzard about it just wanting to see if I should forward this email to them, but then I got linked to some huge topic they have on the WoW forum with nothing but blue posts listing every kind of phishing/scam email they've seen.

Xabora

The Lamonster said:
What's a good, affordable mic/headset that I can use for Vent? I'm hoping for $20 or under.
Look for a Cyber Acoustics AC-840, sound and mic are high quality sounding.

Xiaoki

shintoki said:
That is bullshit. I had Exalted with Darn at 60. One of the few humans on the server who were rocking a kitty mount(Non PvP Style)
Oh yeah. Well, back in my day we didnt have these new fangled fancy schmancy mount things. WE had to walk ....everywhere, we had to walk uphill in the snow to get to raids but dag nabbit we liked it.

Stuff gets changed to accommodate new players. If MMOs dont do that(and most do not) the player base will slowly wither and die. This is pretty basic for all facets of life: stagnation equals death.

Ashenvale: I'm 24, and I feel it's quite a bit better before, but it still lacks that fluid storyline. It's still all those small things, like finding antidotes for sick elves, kill some corrupted fubolgs and such... but its... downtime and running around is reduced, and the flight points and breadcrums, back it so much less running, than you dont get sick from questing in it.
So a step up from the old ashenvale. If you hated Ashenvale before, you will like it quite a bit more now. Not that much different... Thunder peak is a nice lava area.

Hinterlands: Kinda boring... Very much the same. Little change. lvl is more from 30-35, but it's okay.
Western Plaugelands: the sex. much, much better. the fact that it's cleaned up, and sort of cleansed make it... so much more interesting to look at, and while I havent explored much of eastern plaugelands, which looks like itself, its much easier to appreciate eastern.

Getting a bit tired of Worgen. Might be because we all look the same, and there are no females. guess the generic just hits.
Also the sprint animation annoys me, the look stupid on mounts and such.

My suggestions as of now:

1) implant plains running. let it be activated at lvl 20. no need for mounts. then it can scale, with being faster. at one hand, its free mount, on the other they dont get a faction specific mount.. i think its a cool trade off that will make them stand out. I dont see the point in giving them some weird mount, when horsies is all that makes sense for the Gilneas.

2) I would put pupils into their eyes. Right now they look vicious but also soulless. they look like something you cant relate to.
They dont look very good as hunters and rogues, but surprisingly good as casters, and as expected good as Warriors, and most likely DKs too(when we can make em')

My feelings on Hunter:

1) I was never into hunter, due to their squishyness, but this Hunter is pretty okay. Old classes suffer from this, but hunters really get screwed over when being attacked my multiple enemies. I like it... it makes your character feel less of a god, when faced against multiple opponents. I felt this even as a paladin. its like the mobs get bonus damage if two or more are attacking the player. It's hard to explain... it just feels like they hurt extra more when there are two mobs meleeing at you at once, than usually on live.

2) the melee attacks feels beyond useless... wing clip and raptor strike barely hits, and for the SD, its just better to bunny jump yourself to a concussion shot. But i am a hunter noob, dont know anything about the class, I just dont see the point in having these half assed abillities, that are not even worth it at melee range. they just always "Miss". really frustrating, as its a cool idea to take em down to 80% from ranged, and when they get close, assist with pet or something.
maybe they could make it so, melee attacks would get more useful if Pet was near the player, attacking the same target? like, my pet cant hold aggro, its going for me, im doing a aimed shot with bar, mob is completely close to me, and pet is also, and I go to finish the last 10% HP on the mob, with melee attacks that get buffed by the near presence of my pet. so its like my melee utility get boosted when pet is near.

it would be a cool tradeoff, and still be unforgiving should pet die.. then you wouldnt get melee buff and you would be screwed either way.
I have not gotten much of traps yet, but I am getting one soon. I believe lvl 24 has one, so I will test that out. But as I said, I know fucking nothing about hunters.. its by far the class I am most ignorant and most disinterested in, in the game, so I might be preaching stuff than have been in there for years.

Overall I sorta regret that I made a hunter... the pet is the most fun aspect, but I had to go MM, due to problems and Temp stuff all over the Beast Talents, gehh. The pet talents seem satisfying, and I love that it also displays everywhere, when my pet gets a talent.

3) while the old races needs model upgrades bad, the pets do to. Basic wolf and feline cats(tigers, lions, cougars, cheetahs...) all seem so square. They need more animations, passive stuff to do, and more voices. they repeated voice cycles, and animations and attack sounds drive me nuts... Its really annoying to hear your wolf do the same barf every single time.
Maybe I am just getting more aware of sound effects, but it freaking ads to the game I think.

4) the name pet, is bugged. as is the pets themselves. if your pet is not out you cant access your pet talents. a bit annoying... sometimes its nice to browse talents while flying or on mount.

5)leather is pretty easy to come by... feel there is more to go around than mail at 1-25 at least.

6) no dual wield? ever? maybe its for the best... its so weird they get access to so many melee weapons, mail armor and dual wield and two-handed when they are so ranged focus. I dont think you can blame news for turning into melee huntards, with that sort of choice.

general UI things:

I wish they would alter the character stats pane when you open up your character (C). its fine you can disable it so you dont see all your stats, but its just overkill to have scrolling with all those stats. there must be 30-40 stats right there in your face. I feel its cluttered, and the oppesite of what they are trying to do. why do i need to see my fire/water/shit resistence at this point, and why with such emphasis as the others? I liked the little icons tugged away before!

2) I would like to see the quest log expanded, so I could review all the quests I have completed. It would be great to have a crossed off section where I could review all the previous quests I have done. I know a few UI mods have done this, so it should be no biggie. Eventually they might be able to expand it with search, and by character, so you know how many quests you have done involving malfurion, or if you need to brush up your memory on a storyline you did many levels ago.
Its supposed to be a LOG, so I dont see why it cant log past quests.. also to satisfy egoes, and stroking your mandhood as you have the ability to scroll past all the quests you have done. its a further visualization of "holy shit I did a lot of this.. or damn I am great for doing all these" kinda. But also just interesting for the story.

firex

there's no way worgen get plainsrunning. They stuck with it forever for Tauren, and then realized that 1) there was no way to make it scale up to epic mount speed and be logical and 2) there was no way to lock it until mount level and be logical and 3) it was actually a lot more overpowered than riding a mount in pvp (when all people were on normal mounts). Just be prepared for them to get a land mount of some kind.

as far as the hunter stuff goes, it sounds weird that they don't have dual wield trainable. there's no heirloom weapons for them that aren't dual wieldable and the whole reason they have dual wield is in case a pair of agility weapons exists that gives a better stat combo than a 2h does. also, personally I think it makes a lot of sense for hunters to have so many weapons they can use from a lore perspective, but I can also see why they would suck in melee and I'm glad they do. it's got to have some kind of drawback to it or else it's pretty much the best class to play for pve/pvp.

I keep looking at beta talents, and blizzard needs to revamp or replace hungering cold for frost DKs. It's a pvp talent (or an "I need to bandage immediately" button) yet it's required to unlock howling blast. I can understand howling blast being a 31 pointer, but hungering cold is so terrible.

and blizzard's really gotta figure out what they're going to do for tank weapons in cataclysm. I read a rumor that they were thinking of just dropping them altogether, and having tanks take the same str dps weapons that fury/frost will take. If that's the case then I'm all for it (it lets me troll those dps classes and adds a couple more people who can use that gear to the pool) but it might not be the case.

mclem

firex said:
and blizzard's really gotta figure out what they're going to do for tank weapons in cataclysm. I read a rumor that they were thinking of just dropping them altogether, and having tanks take the same str dps weapons that fury/frost will take. If that's the case then I'm all for it (it lets me troll those dps classes and adds a couple more people who can use that gear to the pool) but it might not be the case.

The mages who had to put up with me stealing all their awesome spellpower weapons back in TBC are going to be seriously amused when the warriors start shrieking about it!

Tacitus_

firex said:

I wouldn't mind this since our DKP system makes tanks have ridiculously high DKP pools due to low competition but man our DPS would be pissed :lol

E:
[...] If the model was that shaman were brought for their buffs then that would be a problem. But the model is that shaman are brought because they contribute to the group as a whole, which includes bringing some buffs (and to be fair, more than most classes) but also doing competitive dps. If your dps is too low, then *that* is the problem, not that you don't bring a powerful buff so awesome that you're virtually guaranteed a raid spot even if you go AFK half the time.

Shaman didn't do competitive dps in ICC, so I hope they think it's a problem. I honestly would have no problem being a buffing class that's dps isn't great, rather then a class who's buffs are passed along to superior classes who still doesn't do great dps.

Tacitus_

funkmastergeneral said:
Shaman didn't do competitive dps in ICC, so I hope they think it's a problem. I honestly would have no problem being a buffing class that's dps isn't great, rather then a class who's buffs are passed along to superior classes who still doesn't do great dps.

They do think it's a problem, though GC only speaks about fights about with lots of movement.

Bisnic

They do need to do something with enhancement shaman dps rotation at least.

I mean, i have to use Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, Flame Shock, Magma Totem, Fire Nova, Shamanistic Rage, Wind Shear, move totems if necessary, refresh Lightning Shield...

while my Arcane mage has to use Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles & Blizzard with a rare Arcane Barrage while in movement. I would put stuff like CounterSpell or Spellsteal, but those are barely used.

Xabora said:
Look for a Cyber Acoustics AC-840, sound and mic are high quality sounding.
Perfect, thanks!

Windows decided to stop recognizing my Logitech headset so hope this doesnt happen with this one too. I think it's a known issue for Logitech USB headsets...

FLEABttn

Banned
Bisnic said:

I mean, i have to use Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Earth Shock, Flame Shock, Magma Totem, Fire Nova, Shamanistic Rage, Wind Shear, move totems if necessary, refresh Lightning Shield...

while my Arcane mage has to use Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles & Blizzard with a rare Arcane Barrage while in movement. I would put stuff like CounterSpell or Spellsteal, but those are barely used.

Yeah, I just hit 80 yesterday on mine to replace our shaman who left and their rotation is such bullshit. I haven't played a DPS class with so many damn buttons that have to be hit in their standard rotation.

And they're giving them another strike in Cata? Where's the breathing room?

Make magma totem 5 minutes, get rid of Fire Nova, adjust the magma totem damage as needed, and make Lightning Shield a flat 10 min buff without the charge crap. Or something. There's a good 3 or 4 buttons too many in their rotation.

Entropia

No One Remembers
As someone who has been Elemental since the end of Vanilla, throughout Burning Crusade and Wrath... I leveled one of my Troll Shaman up to 80 last week. I went Enhancement for this guild I'm in with a buddy from College. Jesus Christ.

The rotation is absolutely absurd. It is far too proc'y, I mean it's not like say, Ret where your rotation is pretty standard and with AoW Proc vs. Maelstrom Weapon, atleast Exorcism has a cooldown where as as soon as your MW hits 4-5 stacks you have to cast LB or CL.

ampere

Bisnic said:

Yeah this is why I got sick of Enhancement. Even if you nail that rotation perfectly, chances are you won't be top dps. And in movement fights it's just stupid :/

I much prefer healing/tanking

FLEABttn

Banned
I'm going to take mine for a spin in ICC10 on Friday, but I have real concerns with it unless they change that rotation. If they don't, I foresee leveling my mage to 85 instead, for heroism purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom