• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Calantus said:

Of all of the things about Garrosh that are ridiculous, you pick his thighs?

That said, they do look a little like Stretch Armstrong, big rubbery tubes filled with syrup rather than muscle.

Which brings to mind; we've all been saying how lame it is that Blizzard hasn't updated the player models... but with the way they've been redoing leaders, is that really what we want our characters to end up looking like? I'd race-change my orc in a heartbeat if I logged in and he looked like that.

notworksafe

Deputy Moonman said:
I responded to a whisper i got this morning from 'blizzclark' with, "you're an asshole." Then I put blizzclark on my ignore list. Moments later the guy was back with a different account name of random giberish (i.e. [GM] kasjfldsfj) saying that my account had been temporarily suspended. He logged before i could call him an asshole again.
Better watch out. Those dudes can report you. That actually to happened to someone in an old guild of mine. He cussed out a gold seller and the dude reported him...I think he got like a 3 day ban. :lol

CassSept

Retro said:
Which brings to mind; we've all been saying how lame it is that Blizzard hasn't updated the player models... but with the way they've been redoing leaders, is that really what we want our characters to end up looking like? I'd race-change my orc in a heartbeat if I logged in and he looked like that.
iykhzm.jpg

I R A WISE MAEG

Honestly, I don't care, I don't plan on rolling an orc in any near future, though it is true that were they use Garrosh's model as playable character there would be an outrage. Maybe let's wait for Thrall's model first though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CassSept said:
iykhzm.jpg

I R A WISE MAEG

Honestly, I don't care, I don't plan on rolling an orc in any near future, though it is true that were they use Garrosh's model as playable character there would be an outrage. Maybe let's wait for Thrall's model first though.

Yeah, Garrosh is basically an Outland's brown savage (retard) orc. The Horde's real orcs are nothing like that. Although there is still a lot of "savage" in them.

notworksafe said:
Better watch out. Those dudes can report you. That actually to happened to someone in an old guild of mine. He cussed out a gold seller and the dude reported him...I think he got like a 3 day ban. :lol
I usually respond with, "OMG I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT THANKS!!!" Followed by an ignore and a report. Lately, they jump on and off so fast that the message doesn't even go through. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

I don't mind Garrosh's new model, but then again, I'm very easy to please. I'm looking forward to what they'll do with Thrall's model.

J-Rzez

Garrosh has no wrists.

Those pics just go to show how off human models are too. Probably the worst looking model in the game. Proportions are just way off. Even more offending are their animations. They need the most work, and first update.

Yasser

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
a tankadin with heal os just outrolled me on tyrannical beheader

Milpool

Yasser said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
a tankadin with heal os just outrolled me on tyrannical beheader

I won that a few months ago on my ret pally and a DK unleashed a barrage of insults my way, he said he'd been there 100s of times and it had never dropped for him. I checked his achievements/stats page and he'd only been once before, I really needed it since I was still rocking a Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver.

Was amusing to do my first ICC raid since I quit in Feb.

They nerfed ICC so bad (a 30% dmg buff ? LOL).

Heroic feels like regular back when ICC released.

Still came in top 3 in DPS even though my 5400 GS is nothing nowadays and my I'm rusty on the fights and playing my moonkin. Love the new Starfall, glad they made it worth casting/glyph'ing.

I am in no luck with weekly raid quests, it seems. Tried finding a group for the new weekly (Sartharion) and there were only groups who wanted to do the hard mode with three drakes up. Fine, it's not like the encounter is new or anything. I whisper this one dude who's making a group and he wants to know my gearscore. I tell him it's 4.9k and he responds it's too low. Is this actually too low or was it just elitism? (I'm a Frost DK, DD) I know Sartharion 3D is pretty hard on the DDs but come on, it came out when WotLK was released.. can't be that hard, right?

CassSept

Right now pugs do Sartharion 3D not with normal tactics but for nuke. The fight as it is would be much too complicated for an average pug to last after second drake lands.
Instead, they run in and nuke the fuck out of that damn dragon. With certain gear level it's easily doable even with random people. And to be honest, while I hate gearscore with burning passion and would love for it to disappear once and for all, your gear could be indeed too low to succeed doing that with a pug.

notworksafe

It's not that hard, if all the DPS can do about 4k you'll down him without issue. He needs less than 20k total raid DPS so you could even do less depending on how much everyone else is doing.

CassSept

notworksafe said:
It's not that hard, if all the DPS can do about 4k you'll down him without issue.
It depends on the luck, really. I've once had a pug where there were people doing 2.5-3k dps and we did it, though only because there were a couple of players doing over 10k dps. It's really random, just as with any pug and they usually prefer to be safe and go with high gearscore people (as if it meant anything... cause let's say 5.9k gs in pvp gear and spec will really do that much of a damage, right!?)

Fularu

Banned
To the GS idiots I always answer something like 'at least 400 above yours'.

I really hope Blizzard does something to render GS worthless

Manus

CassSept said:
Right now pugs do Sartharion 3D not with normal tactics but for nuke. The fight as it is would be much too complicated for an average pug to last after second drake lands.
Instead, they run in and nuke the fuck out of that damn dragon. With certain gear level it's easily doable even with random people. And to be honest, while I hate gearscore with burning passion and would love for it to disappear once and for all, your gear could be indeed too low to succeed doing that with a pug.

We took him down last night. Had a couple of guild mates who wanted the title and everyone wanted the mount. Took about three minutes to bring him down. Super easy. Though we all had above 5700 GS.

Garrosh looks like a Popeye character with those huge forearms. They're bigger than Sylvanas' torso. It looks like he stuffed them with a couple of Gnomes.

Magnus

Whose dick do I have to suck for beta access. Christ. I feel naked without it this time around, since I was in both the BC and WotlK betas.

Think more invites will go out?

Fularu

Banned
Magnus said:
Whose dick do I have to suck for beta access. Christ. I feel naked without it this time around, since I was in both the BC and WotlK betas.

Think more invites will go out?
More will. This is the first time I'm not in a beta so late in the cycle :/

Fularu

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
Waa waa waa. I've never been in a Blizzard beta.
Betas are fun if you "play" them properly.

The reason you want to be in a beta is the direct channel to the devs. You have awesome discussions and you can actually impact the game in a positive way.

The people who just want to be in the beta "to try out the game" are doing it wrong (unfortunately, that's the vast majority of them)

Magnus

Fularu said:

The reason you want to be in a beta is the direct channel to the devs. You have awesome discussions and you can actually impact the game in a positive way.

The people who just want to be in the beta "to try out the game" are doing it wrong (unfortunately, that's the vast majority of them)

Can't it be both? :)

CassSept

Fularu said:
It'd be much much easier if feedback tool wasn't broken (as in, non-existent actually) in the current build. That's pretty damn annoying.

Fularu said:

Yeah.
Not to rub it in into anyones face but, this beta is the best I have ever been in. I have also never dedicated so much time to a beta to test it out so vigorously!

With that being said, it annoys me to no end to see griefers, idiots and complete tools who do not test at all, but play the worgen starting area, and that's it. You have these people who dont check the forums, are not informed, want other players to explain them everything.

even those idiots need to try and figure out the quests,... otherwise the devs must know that the quests dont make enough sense. they are defeating the purpose of it.

I had a rogue on me, for hours who in darkshire who just stealthed and went for all my boss kills to piss me off. a real mofo idiot. Seeing all the people here who genuinely, care and want to submit feedback, in face of all those people... I talked to 4 people who all got their invites on their trial accounts. some of them had been inactive for ages.

Cataclysm is very, very bugged. As Casssept says, even the bug reporting tool is bugged. November? they gotta work fast if they are not gonna rush this out unfinished. I was not in TBC and WOTLK, but this... I am starting to get concerned, because there is so much to cover. And I am not talking about the crazy about of new stuff in Uldum and Twillight Highlands. I am strictly talking low level zones.

There is a flow, but like half the games items need rebalance, and breadcrumb quests are needed everywhere.

Something else: Horde and Alliance outposts are conflicted almost everywhere. The world pvp is going to get crazy.
I want them to implant a tool, that allow players in the big player cities, to go to a hot spot somewhere in the world with player action. like a portal, or a special griphon that quickly transports players across the world.

A lvl 85 horde flying around camping in ashenvale, is going to be devestating. the allys need to get help... but people wont fly half the world to help some lowbies.

It worked well in Planetside. you got to hot-swap into the action. so it should be that you could only go to a place where there is action with somone in your own lvl range. Meaning a lvl 85 can help defend lowbies getting attacked from another lvl 85.

secondly, only succesfully getting honor and/or xp, should make you able to get a magical griphon, into another hot action area. so if you fail, in killing your enemy, you have to get back to a big city with a npc to transport you/fly you to the place.

I imagine it could work like, you would load out of the part of the world you are, and then come down from the highest point in the sky on a flying mount and gets dropped off around 20 meters close to where there has been fighting.

people who keep killing lowbies should get notoriousness, making everyone able to hunt them on the other faction.

Hixx

Vigilant Walrus said:
Cataclysm is very, very bugged. As Casssept says, even the bug reporting tool is bugged. November? they gotta work fast if they are not gonna rush this out unfinished. I was not in TBC and WOTLK, but this... I am starting to get concerned, because there is so much to cover. And I am not talking about the crazy about of new stuff in Uldum and Twillight Highlands. I am strictly talking low level zones.

You'll be surprised how quickly things move in the last month or two. The rate at which the bugs etc get fixed in the latter phases was astonishing in the wotlk beta. Half way through it I thought there was no chance it was going to release that year.

Watching TB's videos of Uldum and TH most of the art seems to be done, infact TH looks quite far along so I'd imagine one, if not both to open in the next few weeks.

It's annoying right now though, I want to continue on my gnome warlock and try out a female worgen but I can't train any spells at the moment (and only Shadowbolt isn't cutting it) and the worgen aren't even done yet.

CassSept

SiegfriedFM said:
It's annoying right now though, I want to continue on my gnome warlock and try out a female worgen but I can't train any spells at the moment (and only Shadowbolt isn't cutting it) and the worgen aren't even done yet.
Delete one of your professions, relog, enjoy :<

Rapstah

SiegfriedFM said:
If you have two professions, unlearn one. Worgen are done until level 12 which is more than enough for a starter zone. The last quests are amazing too.

J-Rzez

Vigilant Walrus said:
Something else: Horde and Alliance outposts are conflicted almost everywhere. The world pvp is going to get crazy.
I want them to implant a tool, that allow players in the big player cities, to go to a hot spot somewhere in the world with player action. like a portal, or a special griphon that quickly transports players across the world.

A lvl 85 horde flying around camping in ashenvale, is going to be devestating. the allys need to get help... but people wont fly half the world to help some lowbies.

people who keep killing lowbies should get notoriousness, making everyone able to hunt them on the other faction.

You waived your rights of against being ganked the moment you rolled on a PVP realm. Rolling the inferior faction only adds insult to injury and makes you a bigger target.

It's hard to believe, but PVP happens on a PVP realm. "Blizzard, please stop PVP from happening on a PVP realm".

"If you're red, you're dead" is the PVP realm moto. And if I see you fighting a mob or two, especially if they're quest mobs I need, I'm going to take you down to 5% hp and let the mob finish you off.

Rapstah

J-Rzez said:
You waived your rights of against being ganked the moment you rolled on a PVP realm. Rolling the inferior faction only adds insult to injury and makes you a bigger target.

It's hard to believe, but PVP happens on a PVP realm. "Blizzard, please stop PVP from happening on a PVP realm".
You somehow interpreted his post as the exact opposite of his post, good job.

J-Rzez said:

No mate, you misunderstand, I want it as a means for other people to join in the PvP! To get back toi the Hilsbrad/Crossroads days, of actually coming to aid of your faction.

With competition from battlegrounds and dungeon tool there will be need for a good and fast transportation tool to get players into the action, for those who love world pvp.

I feel exactly the same as you. If people get ganked, they can roll on a PvE server, or simply stop questing and do dungeons or battlegrounds... its absolutely perfect, and now 6 years later every sane person should know the risk of what a pvp server is.

Rapstah said:

Oh yeah, cheers mate! I should stop drinking the Kool-Aid, even though I have never tasted it, haha! Either that, or learn proper engrish!

Damn it excites me. Ashenvale is going to be a total war hole. Rogues are going to have a field day again, simply being Rogues. It's been a long time since I was afraid of questing due to Rogues.

J-Rzez

Vigilant Walrus said:
No mate, you misunderstand, I want it as a means for other people to join in the PvP! To get back toi the Hilsbrad/Crossroads days, of actually coming to aid of your faction.

With competition from battlegrounds and dungeon tool there will be need for a good and fast transportation tool to get players into the action, for those who love world pvp.

I feel exactly the same as you. If people get ganked, they can roll on a PvE server, or simply stop questing and do dungeons or battlegrounds... its absolutely perfect, and now 6 years later every sane person should know the risk of what a pvp server is.

Oh I see what you were saying now. But unfortunately most world PVP is dead. Only places that are pvp specific zones with hot beds of farming nodes like what some consider WG, or things like Halaa which provide zone buffs which didn't exist in Wrath unfortunately, will be active PVP. Only people really interested in world PVP are gankers. Mainly the receiver of the ganking may need to call in some friends to take care of higher level player, and that would be only a pacifier to it I think. There's no more southshore/TM battles anymore unfortunately.

To be honest, Blizzard doesn't care about world pvp anymore, as the removal of "Halaa's" and the sort show. If they really did care, we'd see these resurface in Cata, but we have no info on this. Potentially another way to spark world pvp is to give something other than a mount for raiding the cities. It makes it into a one and done deal. They need to add more titles, loot, and buffs to give people an interest in raiding the opposing factions cities for purposes other than boredom/griefing.

Unfortunately, Blizzard is being a puss, and not putting enough emphasis on the warring of the factions, something that needs to be rekindled.

Rapstah said:

The tone of coming to the rescue of an ally due to an 85 horde reeking havoc easily made it sound like the usual "why did pvp happen on a pvp server". He meant the opposite though, which I'm fine with.

Rapstah

J-Rzez said:
To be honest, Blizzard doesn't care about world pvp anymore, as the removal of "Halaa's" and the sort show. If they really did care, we'd see these resurface in Cata, but we have no info on this.
You may have no information, but believe me, there are a couple of comparable places in Cata.

J-Rzez

Rapstah said:
You may have no information, but believe me, there are a couple of comparable places in Cata.

So there's spirit towers, halaa's, fortifications in the beta? I'm not in it, nor read anything about it. As there's no NDA, what are said comparable world pvp inspired zones outside of that single new WG-esque zone?

Rapstah

J-Rzez said:
So there's spirit towers, halaa's, fortifications in the beta? I'm not in it, nor read anything about it. As there's no NDA, what are said comparable world pvp inspired zones outside of that single new WG-esque zone?
For one there's the Eastern Plaguelands towers, still there in the redesigned zone.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope there's more than that. No one cares about the PVP objectives in the original EPL(or Silithus) and no one will in the new one either. Unless there is some good rewards for high lvl people.

Rapstah

I don't want to get into deep late-night arguing about this, but there are 80+ levelling zones right next door to Silithus and EPL (Twilight Highlands is very close with a flying mount).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom