• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

On my PVE server, it's the WSG holiday. Double honor, but not double reputation. I get the same amount of reputation - 50 pts. - than I do on any other day. But winning a WSG game will net me over 3K honor during this weekend.

Actually, I just checked my logs, and I got reputation inside the battleground as well, not just by turning in tokens. And that message appears twice. Hmm.

border said:
Is it double honor for all battlegrounds every weekend? If not, how do you know which BG is awarding double honor?

Victories in AB seem to get about the same honor as normal....791 honor.

its a holiday/double honor for the bg if u see the bg representitives out in the Main cities.

that lets you know that "this is a bg holiday for this bg"

for instance u see wsg reps all over the place in org. means its wsg holiday.

you see frostwolf reps in org, means its a av holiday.

etc.

Since AB has come out, I dont think there has been an AB holiday yet.

explodet said:
On my PVE server, it's the WSG holiday. Double honor, but not double reputation. I get the same amount of reputation - 50 pts. - than I do on any other day. But winning a WSG game will net me over 3K honor during this weekend.

Actually, I just checked my logs, and I got reputation inside the battleground as well, not just by turning in tokens. And that message appears twice. Hmm.

yea im not so sure about whether or not u get double rep or not. i gotta do wsg when its NOT a wsg holiday to fully see if its true. this will never happen tho.

best way is if there is a AB holiday since i know how ab rep goes normally.

lexi

Banned
I'm not too fond of Warlocks right now.

I was killed just as I had elixired, potted and buffed up in Strat Dead in the Doomguard summoning process, and a Warlock rolled need and won a Magister's piece drop from the Baron. Hope they enjoy the Frost and Arcane damage bonuses!

explodet

Fixed2BeBroken said:
yea im not so sure about whether or not u get double rep or not. i gotta do wsg when its NOT a wsg holiday to fully see if its true. this will never happen tho.
HAHAHA

I totally agree.

epmode

lockii said:

I was killed just as I had elixired, potted and buffed up in Strat Dead in the Doomguard summoning process, and a Warlock rolled need and won a Magister's piece drop from the Baron. Hope they enjoy the Frost and Arcane damage bonuses!
Strange, you don't hear of many warlocks rolling on Magister's.. Especially considering that Dreadmist is better for both classes.

Anyway, get these instead. Magister's sucks.

lockii said:

Make a post on your realm forum about it with screenshots, if you haven't already. If he rolled Need when everyone else passed, it's a definite ninja, and he'll have a lot of fun wearing that Magister's while having to solo for the rest of his life.

Also, as was already said, all blue sets, especially Magister's, are trash and you shouldn't worry about it anyway. Get some good +damage gear. There are multiple viable blue +damage items for every body part that'll help you out much more than the trash mage sets.

Ferrio

Banned
Got my first instance epic drop (bloodfang hood, two dropped off ony btw...weird)... up until now I've only had these two legendary items...

Ferrio said:
Got my first instance epic drop (bloodfang hood, two dropped off ony btw...weird)... up until now I've only had these two legendary items...

what dkp system do yall use?

my guild is using zero sum system which seems to be great and works out better for everyone

epmode

Haha, we had several nights where Nightslayer dropped off every single boss. Hell, the chestpiece dropped from Golemagg 3 weeks in a row. 2 in one kill, even. Priest and Warlock stuff has been a problem.

fallout

border said:
Is there any point in collecting all this elite raid dungeon stuff now that the level cap is going up to 70?
Is there any point in getting kick ass gear at lower levels? Hell, is there any point in playing WoW?

"Is there any point in collecting all this elite raid dungeon stuff now that the level cap is going up to 70?"

That's like saying "is there any point in worrying getting gear at level 30 if the level cap is 60."

Damn you, fallout.

Mzo

It's something to do; the expansion won't be out until later in the next year.

I really hope we start making some serious attempts at BWL soon, ep, I want it SO BAD.

border

fallout said:
Is there any point in playing getting kick ass gear at lower levels? Hell, is there any point in playing WoW?
Except that decent gear at lower levels doesn't really require you to run the same dungeon 10 times with a large raid group that takes days and hours to organize...only so you can PRAY that the item drops and PRAY that you win the roll for it against other party members. I haven't even gotten to the point of collecting elite raid stuff, but everything I've read in this thread has made it clear that getting good stuff at level 60 is 5-10 times the time sink as it was at level 30.

When I wanted a Whirlwind Sword, I buckled down and did the grind-focused quest to get it. It took a good while, but it certainly didn't seem as the bad as getting a decent item from these raid dungeons. I'm questioning whether it's worth the time sink when in xx months I'll be able to buy an equivalent lvl 65 item at the AH or something better from a 5-man lvl70 dungeon.

fallout

border said:
Except that decent gear at lower levels doesn't really require you to run the same dungeon 10 times with a large raid group that takes days and hours to organize...only so you can PRAY that the item drops and PRAY that you win the roll for it against other party members. I haven't even gotten to the point of collecting elite raid stuff, but everything I've read in this thread has made it clear that getting good stuff at level 60 is 5-10 times the time sink as it was at level 30.

When I wanted a Whirlwind Sword, I buckled down and did the grind-focused quest to get it. It took a good while, but it certainly didn't seem as the bad as getting a decent item from these raid dungeons. I'm questioning whether it's worth the time sink when in xx months I'll be able to buy an equivalent lvl 65 item at the AH or something better from a 5-man lvl70 dungeon.
Well, then don't do it. Find something else to do to amuse yourself or just stop playing entirely.

If there's one thing that pisses me off about this game, it's that there are so people who pay to not enjoy it. Yeah, I understand the need for kick ass gear, but you should be enjoying the game you're playing to some degree.

"When I wanted a Whirlwind Sword, I buckled down and did the grind-focused quest to get it. It took a good while, but it certainly didn't seem as the bad as getting a decent item from these raid dungeons. I'm questioning whether it's worth the time sink when in xx months I'll be able to buy an equivalent lvl 65 item at the AH or something better from a 5-man lvl70 dungeon."

Do you have anything better to do, sans BG? If that's the case, you're better of just quitting WoW until they have their maximum level cap set for good. Then you won't have to worry about it until then.

border

I'll go through the raid dungeons at least once just to see them and stuff, I just don't see the point in spending dozens of hours in them hunting for gear.....though I guess it depends on how far away the expansion is and whether or not you can stand to wait. I'd rather start a new character and get that one to 60....then I will have several 60 characters that I can grind up 5 levels and get better stuff than the people that took endless weeks to get elite stuff for 1 character.

border

"Do you have anything better to do?" is a kinda goofy excuse. Because Blizzard doesn't give people shit to do doesn't mean I should work the gear treadmill forever. Whenever they implement Hero classes, I assume that will be something to do :)

"Do you have anything better to do?" is a kinda goofy excuse. Because Blizzard doesn't give people shit to do doesn't mean I should work the gear treadmill forever."

It's not a goofy "excuse" at all. There *isn't* anything else to do, and you're not forced to do them. Some people want the best gear currently available because the expansion is *several* months away. That's the answer to your question. Either stop playing, play BGs all day, roll an alt, or try to get the best gear available.

Zaptruder

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
what dkp system do yall use?

my guild is using zero sum system which seems to be great and works out better for everyone

My guild is currently using super inflationary DKP system

25 points flat rate for epics, 10 for rares (ZG rares); 2 points for every epic that drops for every member present.

Suffice to say, 80DKP handed out and 25DKP taken in isn't the way to go.

Ferrio

Banned
Our system is weird. We don't do bidding, we do rolls... you're roll limit is based on your current points.

Each boss kill is +10 points. If you have 60 points you roll 1-60, if you have 10 points you roll 1-10. You cap out at 200, so if you're capped no reason not to roll.

Also all items are designated to a class, and only that class can roll on it. Ie vis'kag, gutgore, perdition all rogue items.

Zaptruder

Banned
You've probably already seen blizzard's dragonstalker concept pics floating around. If not try this thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-hunter&t=811697&p=1&tmp=1#post811697

Here's my take on the DS armor... it should look better after I've colored it...

dragonstalkerconcept.jpg

Speaking of colors, what colors do you think would look best with dragonstalker?

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Ferrio said:
Our system is weird. We don't do bidding, we do rolls... you're roll limit is based on your current points.

Each boss kill is +10 points. If you have 60 points you roll 1-60, if you have 10 points you roll 1-10. You cap out at 200, so if you're capped no reason not to roll.

Also all items are designated to a class, and only that class can roll on it. Ie vis'kag, gutgore, perdition all rogue items.

This is similar to ours. 10 points are awarded for boss kills in 40 man raids. I just copied the next part from our website.

Stages of MRKP
The following are all possible stages:
• 000-099: Ineligible - You cannot roll unless loot is uncontested
• 100-199: /random 0001 1000 - Eligible (Loot Costs 100)
• 200-299: /random 0001 2000 - Eligible (Loot Costs 125)
• 300-399: /random 1000 3000 - Eligible (Loot Costs 150)
• 400-499: /random 2500 4000 - Eligible (Loot Costs 175)
• 500-500: /random 4000 5000 - Eligible (Loot Costs 200)

The points cap at 500, but it seems to be fairly rare that people get there (I am currently, but that is because I have full felheart and have saved for the next staff of dominance or mageblade). We tried to balance it between awarding those who raid the most, while still giving a chance for the more casual players.

Also, as can be seen on the link I posted, one our warriors just got Thunderfury. The boss fight looks really cool. Shame he such a pushover although. I think we only had 25 people in the raid when we fought him and we could have done it with less if needed.

xabre

Banned
Playing on a PvP server I now realise how utterly boring and pedestrian PvE servers are. Yes you'll be ganked, zerged and corpse camped; it's frustrating and it sucks. But it is never dull and is often times very exciting getting into running battles with the alliance over who controls the Yeti cave in Hillsbrad or Nessingwary's Camp in STV amongst other places. I realise it isn't for everyone, but I think it makes for a far more interesting experience then being a PvE carebear.

Mzo

Is there a way to show your character off online? Something like a faux character screen where you can mouse over equipment and whatnot, that would be nice.

border said:
Is there any point in collecting all this elite raid dungeon stuff now that the level cap is going up to 70?
Tier 2 armor is level 76 gear that can be worn at level 60. Tier 1 armor is level 66. Examples: http://thottbot.com/?i=37871 and http://thottbot.com/?i=27194

I'm sure it won't be a problem at all when the cap is raised... there will be better gear that probably goes up to level 85 or something, but anyone in a tier 1 or tier 2 epic set will be far, far better than a level 70 guy in greens or blues.

Also, keep in mind that with the expansion comes sockets on all items to put jewels in. I'm sure epics will have many more slots than greens and blues to make the epics even further pimped out.

Mzo said:
Honestly, when the game stops being fun for me, I'll stop playing it.

It's what Liu Kang did.
It's true, I've been off the game for about 3 weeks now, and I'm not coming back for a few more weeks until the day the best troll on the Shattered Hand server hits 60. I'm so going to be there for that. He's going to be the first level 60 human warlock worldwide, btw.

If you find yourself just logging in with nothing to do, but nothing to do in real-life so you end up logging in, and just get caught in this cycle, just quit. I'm dying to come back to play the game right now, but I know I'll get burnt out too fast again if I rush it.

explodet

As a mage who plays this game too damn much, here's my current Purple items:

Headmaster's Charge
Talisman of Ephemeral Power
Arcanist Robes, Belt and Boots
Sorcerous Dagger

And in 9 more Arathi Basin victories I'll have an Ironbark Staff. I was also going to get a Mindfang, but the Sorcerous Dagger is a nice replacement for that. I know the Azuresong Mageblade is a better one hander, but I'm so far down in DKP that I'll never get my mitts on one until I save up for a while.

Now to get Exalted with the Frostwolf so I get get one of those sweet offhanders.

SaitoH

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
The Argent Avenger doesn't belong with all of the rest. You'd be better just by getting a green one-hander with +stam on it.

I just like the way it looks with a fire enchant. =P

My axes are in my backpack. I use Serathil for tanking, Reaper as my 2-hander, and Herrod's axe for low-level-instance-whirlwind fun.

ToyMachine228 said:
Seriously, there's never been a Level 60 Human Warlock? Why?
On November 23, this will change.
SaitoH said:
Herrod's axe for low-level-instance-whirlwind fun.
haha I still had that all the way up to level 60 too... I vendored it after I didn't use it for a month, but that thing was killer for ZF 100 trolls and random fucking around.

Mzo

SaitoH said:
I just like the way it looks with a fire enchant. =P

My axes are in my backpack. I use Serathil for tanking, Reaper as my 2-hander, and Herrod's axe for low-level-instance-whirlwind fun.
Yeah, I know, I'm just too lazy to get WoW-reader. I guess I might later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom