• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever try deliriants? (drugs) DPH, Datura, scopolamine?

TrainedRage

Banned
What is a deliriant?

IMG_8025.jpg

Deliriants are considered to be true hallucinogens, because the visuals they produce are hard or impossible to tell apart from reality; they are also known for negative physical effects. Deliriants have long history of use, with naturally occurring deliriants being found in plant species such as Atropa belladonna (deadly nightshade), various Brugmansia species (Angel's Trumpets), Datura stramonium (Jimson weed), Hyoscyamus niger (henbane), and Mandragora officinarum (mandrake) in the form of tropane alkaloids (notably atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine). Synthetic compounds such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) are also deliriants.

Uncured tobacco is also considered a deliriant due to its very high nicotine content, resulting in a delirious hallucinogenic intoxication. As such, uncured tobacco was once used in entheogenic ceremonies by Native Americans. Despite the fully legal status of several common deliriant plants, deliriants are largely unpopular as recreational drugs due to the severe and unpleasant nature of the hallucinations produced.
Deliriants are either Tropane based or Antihistamine based.

What is a trip like?
A trip can last from 12 hours to 3 days. This is no LSD or mushroom trip. People literally have entire conversations with people who don't exist. They are known to smoke what are called 'phantom cigarettes' putting it up to the mouth talking a draw and believing smoke comes out. People have even shared and passed these 'phantom cigarettes' to friend also tripping so they can take a drag.

The visual hallucinations are typically your worst nightmare come to life. Melted faces, blood dripping walls and floors. Users have been known to see what is referred to the 'demon dog' A giant demonic mutated dog.
People have died on this drug, burning down houses, jumping out windows, car crashes, suicide etc. People have blacked out and ended up in a different state entirely in someone else's house. This can last for THREE DAYS. With few users reporting trips that never really end 'psychosis'.

Some experiences......

-------------------------------------------------------------

Y'all wanna try this with me?

TrainedRage

Banned
Oh since they do poison you; you get very dry mouth, people drink gallons of water only to have a few drips of urine come out (poisoned) and some people have their bladders explode.

Tesseract

Banned
chained to a bed in an air conditioned room with iv pumping into you might work

let's do it, the pentagon ultra violence experiments must go on

chained to a bed in an air conditioned room with iv pumping into you might work

let's do it, the pentagon ultra violence experiments must go on
If I had some kind of terminal illness I'd hope the government just puts me on some wack shit just to see what the human body can do and is capable of handling.

morph me with an alien from area 51, could be fun.

TrainedRage

Banned
The coolest parts to me are the shared experiences between users.

Like, without talking we would both see the same hallucination. The common ones (weird in itself) demon dogs, phantom cigarettes and the 'alien mother'.
How weird is that? People see tend to see these few common things, I mean its super weird to think that the human brain most likely has a massive psychic connection to all other humans.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
there was a hippie mansion in my city for a while, owned by a guy who did album cover art for the Allman Brothers Eat a Peach album. his kids lived there and had parties and bands and theater shows and stuff. next door to them was this crazy Masonic temple, and there was some esoteric architecture in the house that was pretty trippy. damn, that was a cool place to hang out.

they used to have Ayahuasca parties. some guys from South America would come and guide everyone on this intense trip. I heard you throw up, it is an expected part of it, and yeah the shared experiences, a lot of that no doubt was helped by having guides. it's an Amazonian thing apparently.

I never participated though. 1) I didn't trust any of those people enough to trip hard w them. and 2) I like a lighter trip. give me some dried mushrooms and I'll be good to go. never hallucinated on anything tho. the closest I got might have been on Robitussin.

Last edited:

Dark Star

I've read a lot of trip reports about Datura on forums like bluelight and erowid. It's a terrifying experience for most people.

Most of the stories go something like this :

You take a heroic dose in your house alone. An hour goes by. You think the drug isn't working. You get bored and start playing video games in your room. You hear a muffled voice shout your name from another room. You pause the game and listen closely. Huh, that's weird, you think. You continue playing. Half an hour later your body starts feeling different. Time seems to be slowing down second by second. You suddenly hear the doorbell ring. You go check. There is a man with his dog and he's selling pocket Bibles. You have a quick chat and decline the offer. You lock the door and go back to your room. Things are starting to get wobbly. You start craving a cigarette. You reach into your pocket and grab one from what looks like a fresh pack. You crack open the window. You light it up and smoke. You smoke half the pack leaving ash all over the window sill.

You begin seriously losing track of time. Everything seems to be different from what you remember. You hear your room door swing open. Your childhood friend is standing in the doorway. The childhood friend sits on your bed. The childhood friend tells you some strange stories while you stand in shock. Your perception of reality is completely skewed. You look down at the window sill and the cigarette ash is gone. The pack is gone. You suddenly realize that you didn't have cigarettes on you in the first place. Phantom cigarettes. You focus back on what you think is reality. The childhood friend has disappeared. You realize the man, the dog, and the childhood friend were never actually there in the first place. The drug crept up on you.

You're seriously tripping balls, so you go to your backyard for some fresh air. Your cellphone buzzes in your pocket. You pick up and hear your grandma whispering on the other end. You have an odd conversation in the backyard and hang up. You stare at the trees swaying in the wind in awe. A few minutes later you realize your phone is actually in your room and your grandma passed away several years ago. Another hallucination that you can't differ from reality. 2 hours later you're running away from shadow monsters in your house. 4 hours later your parents find you sleeping on the porch butt-naked.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
No way I’m done with all that stuff. Might start believing crazy nonsense it can damage your brain.

Last edited:

WindomURL

Scopolamine or devil's breath or burandanga or whatever is serious, serious shit. Kind of thing that could be aerosolized and distributed over a city, turning the populace into a bunch of literal zombie slaves.

So Batman Begins, basically, except more controllable.

I unequivocally and specifically avoid deliriants. If I want to peer into the abyss, I go to the clown world thread.

I've read a lot of trip reports about Datura on forums like bluelight and erowid. It's a terrifying experience for most people.

Most of the stories go something like this :

You take a heroic dose in your house alone. An hour goes by. You think the drug isn't working. You get bored and start playing video games in your room. You hear a muffled voice shout your name from another room. You pause the game and listen closely. Huh, that's weird, you think. You continue playing. Half an hour later your body starts feeling different. Time seems to be slowing down second by second. You suddenly hear the doorbell ring. You go check. There is a man with his dog and he's selling pocket Bibles. You have a quick chat and decline the offer. You lock the door and go back to your room. Things are starting to get wobbly. You start craving a cigarette. You reach into your pocket and grab one from what looks like a fresh pack. You crack open the window. You light it up and smoke. You smoke half the pack leaving ash all over the window sill.

You begin seriously losing track of time. Everything seems to be different from what you remember. You hear your room door swing open. Your childhood friend is standing in the doorway. The childhood friend sits on your bed. The childhood friend tells you some strange stories while you stand in shock. Your perception of reality is completely skewed. You look down at the window sill and the cigarette ash is gone. The pack is gone. You suddenly realize that you didn't have cigarettes on you in the first place. Phantom cigarettes. You focus back on what you think is reality. The childhood friend has disappeared. You realize the man, the dog, and the childhood friend were never actually there in the first place. The drug crept up on you.

You're seriously tripping balls, so you go to your backyard for some fresh air. Your cellphone buzzes in your pocket. You pick up and hear your grandma whispering on the other end. You have an odd conversation in the backyard and hang up. You stare at the trees swaying in the wind in awe. A few minutes later you realize your phone is actually in your room and your grandma passed away several years ago. Another hallucination that you can't differ from reality. 2 hours later you're running away from shadow monsters in your house. 4 hours later your parents find you sleeping on the porch butt-naked.
Fucking sold. Where can I get some?

Fuck that shit. I used to love some acid and shrooms. I have never got to try DMT but of course I would. This shit sounds terrible though.

In high school I tried a large amount of dramamine and it just made me tired and sick. I bet the plant is better but between drinking bottles of Robitussin in the Army to huffing cans of potpourri I have tried a lot of stupid shit.

I think the worst trip I've had was watching Pi on a couple of hits of acid. That shit is fucked. I didn't lose my shit but that movie is a mind fuck when you're sober.

Maybe all that shit I did in my teens and twenties is why I can't string together a coherent post some days. :messenger_tears_of_joy: 🤷‍♂️

GymWolf

Gold Member
nah, the strongest things i tried was 50x strong salvia divinorum and the strongest magic mushrooms available (not that weak truffles bullshit they sell now), both from amsterdam.

these 2 are very fucking strong, i have no desire in trying something even stronger and unhealty...

curious about dmt becasue rogan doens't stop talking about it :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You mean like a psych ward? For your new psychosis? No thanks.
for the opposite. when they started experimenting with psychedelics, it was used on people in a lab, in a sterile environment, under heavy observation. most of the "acid freaks people out" stories come from the early experiments, which were institutionally administered.

Timothy Leary himself was one such experimenter, and found a lot of success by switching that up, with "Set and Setting". the idea is that maybe if you are on acid you don't want to be in a lab surrounded by cameras and doctors and machines. if you bring in some candles, maybe some plants, turn down the light, put some carpets, some nice music, etc. sounds silly but it works. the experience is far more likely to be a good one.

this is also a good reason to not do drugs in school. you have no control over the setting! also, it's a waste of drugs.

Last edited:

Elitist1945

I've 'only' does shrooms and acid. I want to try salvia, but beyond that I don't think I'd be experimenting with any others haha.

I'm good with a nice relaxing high with some mild shizz like oxycotin. And no not shoveling a handful into my mouth causing me to stop breathing and my heart to stop pumping. People who do that are dumb fucks. Opioid crisis happens because of heroin junkies and people who don't know how to be smart and only take enough to enjoy the benefits of quality pain relief and relaxation.

Consistent use is stupid too. Opioids are never meant to be used constantly. Tolerance and addiction fuck you up yo.

Top Bottom