• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Let the dudes settle shit themselves in the back like the old days. Stick the Bucks, JP, CM and FTR in a large room together and work shit out the old way. Problem solved, maybe if the Bucks and JP were ever in a real fight and not an aerobics competition they could let off some steam and get over this shit and make entertaining programming...cept for JP, that dude is as entertaining as paint drying

There's supposedly cameras all over the place in Wembley stadium so hopefully they catch something that they can use as a fireable offence as regards Punk.

I don't see how you can let him keep working with the company if it turns out he started it getting physical (again).

dave_d

There's supposedly cameras all over the place in Wembley stadium so hopefully they catch something that they can use as a fireable offence as regards Punk.

I don't see how you can let him keep working with the company if it turns out he started it getting physical (again).
So basically they should update this old quote

Don't write when you can talk; don't talk when you can nod your head.

To include don't caught on camera you moron.

dave_d

I wonder if the sources speaking to Meltzer are the same sources that were recently proved to be flat out lies.

Nonsense gets thrown around when Punk's name is put in the mix, so like they said in that video I want to see the video. Until then it's unreliable gossip
Very true. The rule of thumb with standard news stories is don't believe anything for 48 hours. (And be doubtful afterwards) With wrestling news? It's probably 2-3 weeks.

Dthomp

I wonder if the sources speaking to Meltzer are the same sources that were recently proved to be flat out lies.

Nonsense gets thrown around when Punk's name is put in the mix, so like they said in that video I want to see the video. Until then it's unreliable gossip

What? You mean Chris Judas, Mathew J. and Nicky J from CA aren't the greatest AEW sources in regards to Punk info ;)

Bhcb3Q4.jpg

Dthomp

Canning your biggest money maker before two shows in their hometown, that's a choice I guess? This company started with such promise and has devolved into utter nonsense, but what should I expect from a company that treats OC as one of the greatest of all times. That place sounds like a circus

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Why don’t people act professional in a professional business. Go in work your stories wrestle be respectful and leave. What a weird business that blurs the line between reality and fiction. See ya punk. I guess the name was appropriate.

OC is great and if you don’t like him that is silly.

SirTerry-T

Canning your biggest money maker before two shows in their hometown, that's a choice I guess? This company started with such promise and has devolved into utter nonsense, but what should I expect from a company that treats OC as one of the greatest of all times. That place sounds like a circus
It's a circus that sold 81000 tickets for an event last Sunday...

dave_d

Wow, I'm honestly surprised. I definitely thought there was no way Tony would ever fire Punk. (Yeah, I admit to that. Wow I was wrong.) Anyway I could always make the crack unlike with what happened at WWE this time Punk actually was fired.

Labolas

I have to say good on Tony putting his foot down finally. Anyone else pulling this bullshit would have been let go the first time.

Soodanim

OC is great and if you don’t like him that is silly.
Jesus, Jump. If you like a one note gimmick that drags everyone else down, the worst move in wrestling (Canadian Destroyer) and botchmania then that's fine, but don't admit it in public. Keep that to yourself, it's the sort of thing that you can't easily come back from.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Jesus, Jump. If you like a one note gimmick that drags everyone else down, the worst move in wrestling (Canadian Destroyer) and botchmania then that's fine, but don't admit it in public. Keep that to yourself, it's the sort of thing that you can't easily come back from.
No no sometimes he takes his hands lit his pockets and he can actually. Go. Danhausen and OC are two of the best modern wrestling creations of characters they are stupid on purpose, they know it you know it but they are fucking great to watch and make people smile.

Soodanim

No no sometimes he takes his hands lit his pockets and he can actually. Go. Danhausen and OC are two of the best modern wrestling creations of characters they are stupid on purpose, they know it you know it but they are fucking great to watch and make people smile.
Ah yeah, I saw some of that "going" recently

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ah yeah, I saw some of that "going" recently

Wow sport that blurs the lines between reality and out and out pantomime is being silly lol.
The way Alex abrahantes is reacting lol. It’s just fun to watch. Imagine the bushswackers try explaining that to santino lol

Last edited:

Soodanim

Wow sport that blurs the lines between reality and out and out pantomime is being silly lol.
The way Alex abrahantes is reacting lol. It’s just fun to watch. Imagine the bushswackers try explaining that to santino lol
You like what you like, but let's not pretend that is in any way a representation of how pro wrestling blurs the line between fiction and reality. MJF's "Fire me you mark" promo (and other heel promos)? Blurred lines. What they could have done between Punk and Team EVP had things gone differently? Blurred lines (if only that one did happen, that could have been fantastic). Bucks doing tag team circus routines? Not blurred lines.

The only thing I've ever seen Orange Cassidy do that looked anywhere near real is land on Matt Hardy's nose.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You like what you like, but let's not pretend that is in any way a representation of how pro wrestling blurs the line between fiction and reality. MJF's "Fire me you mark" promo (and other heel promos)? Blurred lines. What they could have done between Punk and Team EVP had things gone differently? Blurred lines (if only that one did happen, that could have been fantastic). Bucks doing tag team circus routines? Not blurred lines.

The only thing I've ever seen Orange Cassidy do that looked anywhere near real is land on Matt Hardy's nose.
Yeah I at first was like who the fuck is this guy. Then I just too much fun laughing with him how silly he was. But yeah like what you like no worries I totally understand where you are coming from.

Top Bottom