• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

NickFire

Who the fuck wanted Nia back? Dwanye must have made some calls. That guy could take a literal shit in the ring and Vince would give it a contract.
100% this.

I cannot think of a single thing she brings to the table. Not a great wrestler. Not a great talker. Not entertaining at all.

Dthomp

100% this.

I cannot think of a single thing she brings to the table. Not a great wrestler. Not a great talker. Not entertaining at all.

Her screaming "MY HOLE" a bunch of times is probably in Vinces top 5 WWE moments of all time so he'll never forget to keep her around. I'm assuming the same applies to Natty still having a job because that farting gimmick was good shit pal.

NickFire

Her screaming "MY HOLE" a bunch of times is probably in Vinces top 5 WWE moments of all time so he'll never forget to keep her around. I'm assuming the same applies to Natty still having a job because that farting gimmick was good shit pal.
Hey, so yeah, I just googled Natalia's farting storyline. You were not kidding. That actually happened. Oh my.

dave_d

I have a theory that somebody told her that they wanted her to go on and on about how much her ass hurt and then told her btw you can't use the word ass because we're PG now. (And hole was the first thing that popped in her mind.)

dave_d

Hey, so yeah, I just googled Natalia's farting storyline. You were not kidding. That actually happened. Oh my.
It's right up there with Mae Young giving birth to a hand. (Yes that happened too.) WCW had their moment too though. Like the Shockmaster and Final Solution.(And Robocop.)

NickFire

It's right up there with Mae Young giving birth to a hand. (Yes that happened too.) WCW had their moment too though. Like the Shockmaster and Final Solution.(And Robocop.)
I watched the hand birth when it first aired. I think that was the first moment I believed Vince really hated Mark HeMary. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also, didn’t Kane have relations with a deceased fiancé or something like that?

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
This woman last night cause all commentary to cease for a good 10 to 15 seconds and then TAZ to go "What were you saying" and laughs all around before commentary recovery. Highlight of the night.

VLKSz4K.jpg

Seraphym

This woman last night cause all commentary to cease for a good 10 to 15 seconds and then TAZ to go "What were you saying" and laughs all around before commentary recovery. Highlight of the night.

VLKSz4K.jpg
Is it not Diana Prince, she attends most of the shows...

Dthomp

Looks like Jade Cargill is gone from AEW and headed to WWE.

That's a huge loss.

Interesting if true. She does have an IT factor, I'm curious if she can play a character that can't swear and will have to improve in the ring greatly. If she really wants to make it in wrestling and this isn't just an attempt to use them to get to acting I think NXT and the development team in NXT will do wonders for her as she has barely improved in the long time she's been in AEW

RavageX

Interesting if true. She does have an IT factor, I'm curious if she can play a character that can't swear and will have to improve in the ring greatly. If she really wants to make it in wrestling and this isn't just an attempt to use them to get to acting I think NXT and the development team in NXT will do wonders for her as she has barely improved in the long time she's been in AEW
I wonder if any of the backstage stuff has to do with it. It kinda seems like training/teaching isn't a strong focus there? Like who is actually teaching these people how to wrestle?

Dthomp

I think it’s really going to happen. Rock v Roman.

Which completely doesn't need the title. Cody should have went over last Mania, and they won't risk having Roman lose before Rock so another long year of nothing happening with that title. Felt weird to have Rock show up on SD with Jimmy/Solo there and have ZERO interaction with them at all to even leave a crumb to build on

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bit weird that they did the Dwayne bit with Austin Theory, not Grayson Waller, since Waller was the one calling him out before.

Soodanim

I think it’s really going to happen. Rock v Roman.
"I'll come back if you give Nia a job"
"But Sir she's injured our entire roster"
"Then that doesn't work for The Rock"

"Hi, is that Nia? It's Paula Veck. Turns out you're not actually a dangerous liability to our roster and we'd... love to have you back. By the way, if you see Dwayne could you say the WWE says hi?"

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
After a bit of confusion in not understanding that Nia Jax and Nyla Rose are not the same person, I welcome Nia to WWE where hopefully she can indeed injure the entire women's roster and get that shit off of TV.

I will admit I got a chuckle out of the blonde AEW chick throwing a shoe at the interviewer the other day though.

Phobos Base

Which completely doesn't need the title. Cody should have went over last Mania, and they won't risk having Roman lose before Rock so another long year of nothing happening with that title. Felt weird to have Rock show up on SD with Jimmy/Solo there and have ZERO interaction with them at all to even leave a crumb to build on

What, you don't want another 18 months of the dissension in the Bloodline story arc?

Last edited:

Dthomp

What, you don't want another 18 months of the dissension in the Bloodline story arc?

I'm just waiting for the obvious conclusion of the Rikishi hanging above the ring in a cage doing the Too Cool dance while Jimmy/Jey/Solo have a triple threat match to king the true #3 which will end with a giant swerve and Rikishi stink facing all of them while swearing allegiance to the Rock again and hitting Roman with a golf cart.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Rock came back to stroke his ego I see. Is he going to put anyone over? Between his last movie flopping and xfl floundering he must be desperate.

SEGA_2012

I believe Rock came back because of the Hollywood strike, no ? I read that this is the reason Cena came back and even Batista is coming back.

NickFire

Rock came back to stroke his ego I see. Is he going to put anyone over? Between his last movie flopping and xfl floundering he must be desperate.
I don't know. I think he loves the wrestling industry personally, but just loves the movie money more. If I recall correctly, didn't he step back again after getting injured in one of the comeback matches? I think he did and that it caused the price of insurance (for movie productions) to skyrocket if he was going to keep doing matches.

Dthomp

I believe Rock came back because of the Hollywood strike, no ? I read that this is the reason Cena came back and even Batista is coming back.

This is the exact reason that Rock, Cena, and likely Batista will be back for now. Quick payday that'll pop a rating/youtube clip since they can't work in hollywood at the moment. Great for helping the younger talent...oh wait

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Don't forget his not actually donating money for the fire victims.

Nice to see Kingston finally conquer Claudio. Also saw the worst REF botch I had ever seen in my life last night.

Ref clearly doesn't know the finish here.

SEGA_2012

A lot of WWE wrestlers apparently got fired today.

Elias
Top Dolla
Aliyah
Mustafa Ali
Emma
Shelton Benjamin
Madcap Moss
Boogs
Dolph Ziggler

Really sucks. Dolph and Shelton are big names, they can find work easily, hope the same happens to the others.

Last edited:

Phobos Base

Really surprised about Dolph, he seemed like the type of person who would always be there, despite having one of the stupidest names in wrestling history. I bet somehow Tamina will still have a job as well.

Dthomp

Wow at Dolph, would have figured his ability to just go out there and lose every match was worth keeping him around. That and being friends with the Miz, most of the rest of that list I can see. Glad that Emma and Moss can at least leave together, Boogs and Top Dolla were useless. Really only dude with talent outside of Dolph that can still go is Ali, but I truly don't know where he can go and get over...maybe Impact? Dolph likely goes to AEW and they can just pretend his brother never existed since he was useless and I fully believe he was hired to try to get Dolph there anyway.

I get that fans love Eddie (I don't see it), but the dude is the drizzling shits IN the ring. Great promo, but my god he's easily one of my least favorite people to watch their matches. I actually felt bad Claudio putting him over with such a weak finish. I get Claudio is lanky so maybe a powerbomb wasn't the best finish for that match, cause it looked bad, like one of the laziest Nash powerbombs when he stopped caring and feather dropped a dude.

I'm curious to know what the fuck happened in the Moxley match, cause if the big plan was to let fucking pockets beat the whole roster just to lose to Moxley, who then would just lose to one of the unsafest workers on their roster immediately I have no idea what the fuck that company is doing. I missed the beginning of the match, and I read Mox may have been concussed BEFORE being dropped straight on his skull, but he was watching the refs count like they do for the kickout and then maybe he just blacked out? They need to tell the idiot refs there to count the 3, cause it went from bad to worse with Mox being dropped even worse on his neck with the second driver.

RavageX

A lot of WWE wrestlers apparently got fired today.

Elias
Top Dolla
Aliyah
Mustafa Ali
Emma
Shelton Benjamin
Madcap Moss
Boogs
Dolph Ziggler

Really sucks. Dolph and Shelton are big names, they can find work easily, hope the same happens to the others.
That list seems strange, but I can't tell what either of the big feds are thinking these days. (in a bad way, not an exciting way)

NickFire

Nice to see Kingston finally conquer Claudio. Also saw the worst REF botch I had ever seen in my life last night.

Only way that's not the worst botch I've ever seen is if Mox was supposed to win but got knocked out. Of course, if that was the case the ref should have called the match a TKO instead of letting him take another shot to the head.

Dthomp

I feel bad for Dana Brooke, she has the work ethic and seems extremely athletic but they just couldn't help her find herself in a character that could connect with people.

NickFire

I think Elias has a chance of making himself big somewhere else. He’s got size and mic skills. If he wasn’t saddled with the old style of heels being chicken shits who can’t win he wouldn’t be getting released today IMO.

dave_d

It's at time like that I appreciate the WWE rule of "The ref calls it like it's real." (As opposed to other leagues where they clearly don't.) The only time I can remember them not doing that was Owen V. Austin and at least I understood it in that case as a rare exception.

Last edited:

dave_d

I think Elias has a chance of making himself big somewhere else. He’s got size and mic skills. If he wasn’t saddled with the old style of heels being chicken shits who can’t win he wouldn’t be getting released today IMO.
Well that and the stupid gimmic that he was actually his clean shaven brother. That really derailed him and went no where. (I get the impression he got that one because Vince thought it was so funny that he almost pissed himself.)

Soodanim

I think the joke of AEW saying it's not going to be filled with WWE's throwaways then showing lots of "[exWWE] is all elite!" tweets is going to be revived very very soon.

Dthomp

I think the joke of AEW saying it's not going to be filled with WWE's throwaways then showing lots of "[exWWE] is all elite!" tweets is going to be revived very very soon.

Honestly, I'm not sure there is anybody that anybody should give a crap about showing up outside of Dolph...maybe. I think he stayed one contract too long in WWE to have any indy value because he's been such a jobber for so long that it would take a minimum of a year to build him up and he's got tons of miles on him already.

Riddle was never entertaining IMO. He was turn the channel levels of annoying so good riddance, can't imagine anybody touches him with his personal problems.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I hope edge and dolph come to AEW and any good female wrestlers just to boost AEW female division. Speaking of which get Jordynne Grace to come over too

Top Bottom