• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

nani17

are in a big trouble
Don't forget his not actually donating money for the fire victims.

Nice to see Kingston finally conquer Claudio. Also saw the worst REF botch I had ever seen in my life last night.

Ref clearly doesn't know the finish here.

scared tim burton GIF by O&O, Inc

dave_d

I hope edge and dolph come to AEW and any good female wrestlers just to boost AEW female division. Speaking of which get Jordynne Grace to come over too
Didn't she just resign with Impact? Anybody hear why? (I was expecting both her and Deonna to sign with AEW once their contracts were up.)

nani17

are in a big trouble
Eric Bischoff is doing inside the ropes podcast near me and i decided not to go kinda of regretting it now but its like 77 euros for a ticket and a picture/autograph and its like 5 hours long but maybe i should have lol

Last edited:

NickFire

I thought this was kind of cool.(Admittedly I missed his break down on Plumber Moxley before it got taken down.)

Letting this new age Victoria's Secret model plop both cheeks down on the champ from the middle rope is beyond stupid. Almost up there with turning The Man heel. They need to get Stephanie back in the office to oversee this division pronto.

dave_d

Letting this new age Victoria's Secret model plop both cheeks down on the champ from the middle rope is beyond stupid. Almost up there with turning The Man heel. They need to get Stephanie back in the office to oversee this division pronto.
It looked to me that she put Rhea too far away from the corner so when she dropped her hole her arms weren't long enough to reach the rope. (So Nia f'd up.)

NickFire

It looked to me that she put Rhea too far away from the corner so when she dropped her hole her arms weren't long enough to reach the rope. (So Nia f'd up.)
Yes 100%. I still fault the company for letting her try the spot though. I've never heard anything but negatives about her in ring work.

SEGA_2012

One thing i noticed about Nia Jax is that she stomps on the breasts of the girls. I believe this is painful. You can see Zoey trying to avoid this yesterday.

Dthomp

Let's see if Wubya debuts her directly on the main roster.

Would be an incredible debut for her to come to NXT and whoop Becky for the belt.

While I'm sure they would find a way to hide some of her untrained-ness on the main roster, she needs a solid NXT run first I think just to get used to the "WWE Style". I'm sure the plan should be having her beat Becky for the NxT belt and likely get a decent showcase at the Rumble to re-introduce her to main roster viewing before she comes up around or after Mania time. She did improve from trash tier in a system where there is no training and they never put her on the youtube shows to get reps, so I'd like to think her in the NXT system of training could do alot of good for her.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Pretty sure I just ran into Dirty Dom Mysterio in my neighborhood parking and walking into a house with some chick (who is not Mami, RIP kayfabe) while on my bike ride. Did a double take but left them alone. In retrospect I kinda wish I had signaled for the 619, ahh well. So fucking random.

It's pretty cool that some guys are able to keep certain elements of their presentation when they jump ship now.

Cody re-debuting in WWE with his look and intro music from AEW really elevated the moment. It was the same last night with Edge. Even though he can't use his WWE name his intro is fairly iconic as part of his whole deal and being able to call him The Rated R Superstar helps.

He's a huge get and they can slot him in where Punk was going to be before he had to be fired for being an utter bitch.

Dthomp

Hmm, I do worry that Edge leaving could hurt other WWE talent in regards to nicknames, likenesses, etc. He was a lifer to them, gotta imagine that's the only reason they didn't have the trademarks for Rated R Superstar or for his entrance theme. Every person left is gonna have every element of themselves copyrighted to death. Speaking of death, Copeland really really should just retire, he looks like..well death out there. AEW really felt like something different and fun when it started, but TK has just gone to deep into his fever dream fantasy land with it. Kenny Omega in nonsense 6 mans every PPV jobbing out to Takeshita who likely never actually becomes a main event player there. Their world champion was a grade a douche heel that is now a sideshow comedy act, can't wait for Jay White to lose via nonsense to him. The fanbase is nuts too, saw folk last night saying what a great trade it was losing Jade for Edge...and I just can't wrap my head around it. Edge is 50? Came back and didn't put ANYBODY over and was injured in at least half of his matches, but I can't wait for him to rush into a TLC match with the legit Broken pieces of Hardys and end his career.
He's a huge get and they can slot him in where Punk was going to be before he had to be fired for being an utter bitch.

Difference was at least Punk was willing to work with younger talent and put some over. Edges last run was a complete waste as he only mostly worked with older talent and put nobody over, hell he was the one to kill Demon Balor. I mean as it looks he's going to immediately just feud with Christian, then likely some sort of Hardys and maybe a heavily protected match against the Bucks (not that it's hard to avoid injury since all they do is flip around ya). I hope he proves me wrong, but he looks like he's been running on empty for a few years so I'm not sure you even get a year out of him in his current shape. I see this as nothing more then the usual TK "BIG DEBUT" to get some hype that won't go anywhere

Soodanim

Seeing legends tear the roof off is the tiniest bit bittersweet for me. I always feel a little bit bad for modern wrestlers who have come along 1-2 eras after Attitude Era and won't ever come close to the leftover hype from that era that is unleashed when someone like Rock walks in the building. No one touches that level of over. It's wild.

Reactions: RNG

RavageX

The only thing I would expect Edge to do is either join up with Christian against Matt and Jeff or...

Well that's about it really. They have the "Legendary" Matt/Jeff and have done absolutely nothing with them noteworthy, so I expect the same with Edge/Christian.

Maybe he will be an agent.

NickFire

Raw was pretty good last night. Rhea is still on fire, and I'm hoping they expand with Priest letting JD in. Have JD and Balor team up and put Heavyweight belt on Priest. A couple people / teams chasing the faction for gold could be good TV.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Gunther bumped up to the big belt either. Also wouldn't mind him keeping the IC belt for a long time as alternative.

SirTerry-T

Hmm, I do worry that Edge leaving could hurt other WWE talent in regards to nicknames, likenesses, etc. He was a lifer to them, gotta imagine that's the only reason they didn't have the trademarks for Rated R Superstar or for his entrance theme. Every person left is gonna have every element of themselves copyrighted to death. Speaking of death, Copeland really really should just retire, he looks like..well death out there. AEW really felt like something different and fun when it started, but TK has just gone to deep into his fever dream fantasy land with it. Kenny Omega in nonsense 6 mans every PPV jobbing out to Takeshita who likely never actually becomes a main event player there. Their world champion was a grade a douche heel that is now a sideshow comedy act, can't wait for Jay White to lose via nonsense to him. The fanbase is nuts too, saw folk last night saying what a great trade it was losing Jade for Edge...and I just can't wrap my head around it. Edge is 50? Came back and didn't put ANYBODY over and was injured in at least half of his matches, but I can't wait for him to rush into a TLC match with the legit Broken pieces of Hardys and end his career.

Difference was at least Punk was willing to work with younger talent and put some over. Edges last run was a complete waste as he only mostly worked with older talent and put nobody over, hell he was the one to kill Demon Balor. I mean as it looks he's going to immediately just feud with Christian, then likely some sort of Hardys and maybe a heavily protected match against the Bucks (not that it's hard to avoid injury since all they do is flip around ya). I hope he proves me wrong, but he looks like he's been running on empty for a few years so I'm not sure you even get a year out of him in his current shape. I see this as nothing more then the usual TK "BIG DEBUT" to get some hype that won't go anywhere
Don't you ever get bored moaning about AEW?

NickFire

Edge did an interview and basically said he felt things ran its course in wwe (paraphrasing), and he wanted to be back having fun with his best friend of 40 years. Not gonna lie, that just picked my interest in what happens a lot. They were awesome back in the days they were together. I’m betting they have some great programs being in a position to just care about having fun working together.

Edge did an interview and basically said he felt things ran its course in wwe (paraphrasing), and he wanted to be back having fun with his best friend of 40 years. Not gonna lie, that just picked my interest in what happens a lot. They were awesome back in the days they were together. I’m betting they have some great programs being in a position to just care about having fun working together.

That's pretty much what interests me in AEW rather than WWE. You get a lot of dream matches and re-dos of stuff that was handled poorly in the past as well as crossover with the indies/Impact/NJPW.

WWE is very cookie cutter and i don't particularly like most of their top guys. I can see why people enjoy it because it is more of a "spectacle" that AEW but i'll take Omega vs. whoever over being forced to watch Lesnar once again wrestle the same match he's worked for the past decade or be forced to try to care about anything Reigns does.

Dthomp

Don't you ever get bored moaning about AEW?
Not at all, at some point somebody there will learn how to put out a product that can thrive and be entertaining like its first year and a half before they went all in on midgets and ex WWE guys almost in the old folks home.

dave_d

Well, now I understand why they're going nuts with Cena on NXT next. I didn't realize AEW is on Tuesday next week. I will of course watch NXT. (Since there will probably be more stuff on AEW that can be skipped like Moxley.)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Impact has said fuck it and is going back to the TNA brand. Rebranding again back to the old brand lol. I think it's a good move though. NGL I got pretty excited at the end of this video. TNA hits me right in the nostalgia dick. It's crazy to me to think the brand is over 20 years old at this point.

Last edited:

dave_d

Impact has said fuck it and is going back to the TNA brand. Rebranding again back to the old brand lol. I think it's a good move though. NGL I got pretty excited at the end of this video. TNA hits me right in the nostalgia dick. It's crazy to me to think the brand is over 20 years old at this point.

I think it's grasping at straws and will accomplish nothing. Their biggest problem is and always has been their booking. You just can't get invested in the product, they simply won't let you and I say this as someone who watches the product regularly.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I think it's grasping at straws and will accomplish nothing. Their biggest problem is and always has been their booking. You just can't get invested in the product, they simple won't let you and I say this as someone who watches the product regularly.
I couldn't say. I just watch matches and clips these days. I haven't watched an Impact episode in full in years. Match quality certainly isn't a problem. They were their most relevant under the tna name. Its also good member berries for me. I was young when I discovered the company lol.

dave_d

I couldn't say. I just watch matches and clips these days. I haven't watched an Impact episode in full in years. Match quality certainly isn't a problem. They were their most relevant under the tna name. Its also good member berries for me. I was young when I discovered the company lol.
Oh I agree with you for the most part. The matches themselves are fine. (Although the ref quality is often really poor.) It's everything around the matches that should get the audience to care that they really mess up. I mean the example I give is just compare how Alex Shelly ended up as champ (it came out of blue) vs how the WWE built up Kofi becoming champ. (Where the pay off was a months long build up to a Wrestlemania win.)

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oh I agree with you for the most part. The matches themselves are fine. (Although the ref quality is often really poor.) It's everything around the matches that should get the audience to care that they really mess up. I mean the example I give is just compare how Alex Shelly ended up as champ (it came out of blue) vs how the WWE build up Kofi become champ. (Where the pay off was a months long build up to a Wrestlemania win.)
I like Shelly a lot. I'm not sure he's a guy I'd put as world champ at this time but he certainly looks great for his age and is loyal to the company. They need to give Osprey whatever he wants to get him under a full time contract. That'd be a big get. Supposedly tna is getting a big investment next year from Anthem so we'll see.

DKehoe

F9Iy0j8X0AAxFpw

F9Iy0j6X0AUvXOn

F9Iy0j-X0AEPJuk

dave_d

I figured I'd post this since Jim chimed in on the TNA rename.

Admittedly it's 20 minutes. (The last 9-10 minutes are a sports betting ad.) He's basically reiterating some of the same stuff I've been saying which is TNA/Impact's problem is their booking is shit.(Sorry TNA fans, if you think Scott D'Amore has been doing a good job the ratings disagree.) Pretty much the only reason the show is still on is the company that owns them owns the channel. (Should I mention they lost a hour of programming recently?) Anyway I agree that the matches are good, the booking is shit. (I'm sorry, the Edwards/Kaz match felt like it was leading into a loser leaves blow off match and wasn't the blow off match itself. When you have to have the announcers tell us that, you've done this wrong.)

Top Bottom