• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Man Drew getting screwed again, really thought this was time to put the belt on him for a longer stretch and let him get that monster pop. Priest is beyond boring, leads a stable of mostly jobbers and joke characters and has negative charisma (handle JD business guys). I get Punk/Drew doesn't need the belt...but shouldn't the hottest feud involve the belt to make it an even bigger deal? Or did they paint themselves into a corner with Gunther winning KOTR and they didn't want Drew/Gunther heel/heel and Drew eating the L...but isn't Priest/Gunther gonna be heel/heel?

At least Cody/AJ delivered the goods, fun match great atmosphere. Rest of the card was the usual WWE PLE house show

dudester

Neo Member
Since they didnt give drew the big moment I hope they do for Gunther for Bash in Berlin. I would even build to Gunther llja for it.

Dthomp

Since they didnt give drew the big moment I hope they do for Gunther for Bash in Berlin. I would even build to Gunther llja for it.

I expect Gunther gets his big moment at SS and is defending champion at Bash, not sure if they can elevate Ilja quick enough for that one yet or if it'll be a Priest rematch. I think Drew will slowly be elevated back to the title. As much as I wanted Drew to win I get that a big 4 PPV with Punk and Drew going over is a bigger deal then beating a midcard Priest for the belt. Punk elevates Drew, Drew potential Rumble winner after the double turn with Punk and a babyface terminator Drew with momentum dethrones Gunther after a 6 month reign could be money

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Drew McIntyre

Gunther won King of the Ring and has a title shot at Summer Slam, so Drew losing at Clash of the Castle was predictable. Drew vs CM Punk is going to be a huge match and it doesn't need a title.

Chad Gable

There are some wrestling fans on Twitter who are upset that Chad Gable was squashed by Braun Strowman. I don't see anything wrong with this at all.
They're obviously setting up Chad Gable with the Alpha Academy.

Tag Team Division

The Miz and R-Truth had a nice moment at Wrestlemania but it's time for them to drop the titles.

I'm glad Jade and Bianca dropped the tag titles because they're too strong as a tag team. They're better as singles competitors. I hope this leads to a Bianca and Jade feud.

The Sicks/Wayatt 6

Awesome debut. It's great to see Bo/ Taylor Rotunda take the mantle of Bray Wyatt.

It's being reported that they're not going to lean into the supernatural elements and that's a great move because it did not work with Bray.

The members are:

1. Bo Dallas
2. Erick Rowan
3. Joe Gacy
4. Dexter Lumis
5. Nikki Cross

Alexa Bliss is expected to play a role during Summer Slam.

Cody Rhodes and Solo Sikoa

Not sure how this is going to play out but....

WWE signed Jacob Fatu and Hikuleo. They might play a role in this feud very soon. I think Jacob Fatu would take over as the new face of the Bloodline. He's great on the mic and a more believable heel.

Dthomp

Kind of hope the Bo/Rotunda group stays what we saw on Raw, I don't think they need Alexa and Cross looked awesome and will just get overshadowed if Bliss returns.

I was hoping that their debut would be to cost Jey the MITB spot because Finn deserves something nice, and I find Jey beyond boring, both in ring and on the mic, but hey at least he's "in your city" one of the worst catchphrases I can remember.

NickFire

Kind of hope the Bo/Rotunda group stays what we saw on Raw, I don't think they need Alexa and Cross looked awesome and will just get overshadowed if Bliss returns.

I was hoping that their debut would be to cost Jey the MITB spot because Finn deserves something nice, and I find Jey beyond boring, both in ring and on the mic, but hey at least he's "in your city" one of the worst catchphrases I can remember.
But yeet? Or I mean Yeet! Or is it Yeet Yeet?

i vote they change his tag to Mid Card Jey.

AJUMP23

How cold must AEW be that no one even talks about the Forbidden Door PPV.

I hear it was great, but I do not care about it. Britt Baker returned.

Last edited:
In good news Tetsuya Naito beat RTH, aka Plumber Moxley, for the IWGP Championship.
A small step in the right direction, but you have to wonder what was the point of giving the top title to AEW in the first place?

House of Torture is building heat so intense that the president of Bushiroad had to respond and tell fans to calm down. Why not put gas on that fire and give the title to Evil? Or Narita? How about anything except more AEW crap?

NJPW is in the absolute mud and it's hard to watch.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
How cold must AEW be that no one even talks about the Forbidden Door PPV.

I hear it was great, but I do not care about it. Britt Baker returned.
This thread is pretty low volume. For my part Forbidden Door is the worst AEW PPV just because I don't know any of the NJPW stuff. But somehow I can still predict how every match is going to go, Bryan Danielson gets his one bucket-list win a year against a Japanese dude, most of the other Japanese also job, and Mox had to give back his title. AEW PPVs are complete endurance shows always going like 4 hours.

Ospreay was a little too elevated, they absolutely had to do the "not willing to wrestle dirty and take the L" bit, but then they also just did basically the same plot with MJF/Daniel Garcia.

MitB was also very predictable, right down to the Drew/Punk stuff. The only thing I missed was the Zayn/Breaker match, I was leaning 60/40 the other way, but in hindsight it makes sense that they needed a crowd pleaser there. Figured it would be Tiffy Time, despite fast forwarding through most of the women's stuff on the weekly shows. (Okay I do watch Chelsea, she seems swell, I would dress up like a mob couple with her and take her to the Olive Garden, anything on the menu, my treat!)

Toronto crowd was good. The show had enough material for an entire Botchamania ep.

Top Bottom