• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Hinedorf

Banned
Maybe I'm in the minority but Bray was one of the best mic workers I feel I've just about ever seen. I have no doubt whatever he wants to do he will be successful but as far as WWE goes.....Bray brought me to watch WWE regularly. I can think of about 20 other wrestlers I see every week I'd rather never see but oh well

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Khan loves him some WCW. I see that he's bringing juventud guerrera in for a match against Jericho. I saw that match at a WCW house show in 97.

Last edited:

Agent X

Well, if AEW wants to turn the Dark Order into a serious bunch of dangerous, psychotic, maniacs he'd be one of the best guys to put at the head of it.

True, but I think that ship has sailed. If you said this about a year ago, then I'd agree. That appeared to be the direction they were going when they brought on Brodie Lee, but then Lee's sudden passing caused AEW to quickly shift The Dark Order into babyface roles. Since then, they've evolved to a more lighthearted and somewhat comedic tone, which seems to be successful. No need to change this now.

Then again, you could make the case that Bray Wyatt's recent characterization also had similar humorous tones, although his situation was different by portraying a character with multiple personalities. I think that would be harder to pull off convincingly with a large group like The Dark Order.

More "budget cuts". Wtf.

Didn't you know? They're practically scraping the bottom of the barrel now. I expect next week's episode of Raw to be broadcast out of some bingo hall in West Podunk.

Can Bray even wrestle anymore? Not that he was ever more then there even when healthy I don’t think he’s even in the ballpark of importance that Black or Andrade were. He is never in shape, and he was only worth a promo here and there.

Bray Wyatt might not have had the best wrestling abilities, but I think he was good enough for the roles he played. The only issue is that his wrestling style became very formulaic, using a limited number of moves in most matches. You could say the same about other guys like John Cena, Brock Lesnar, or Roman Reigns, whose matches don't often deviate from their established formulas.

He was very charismatic, knew how to use the microphone, and everyone loved his promos. Apparently, he moved a lot of merchandise, too. All of this was enough to make up for any perceived deficiencies in his physical wrestling skills.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Adam Cole is going to become a free agent this month

Well I can see him going to AEW teaming with the elite and Britt

why is WWE getting rid of apt of talent ? Vince not well? Has he lost his faculties and people are too scared to oppose him ?

Bullet Club

Banned
ZcKrIwD.jpg

P5m5wwk.jpg

Bullet Club

Banned

Looks like Arezzi is off to Conrad. It also sounds like a TGBL vs Conrad feud is starting to kick off.

Also a new episode of 605 is coming out.

Soodanim

Looks like Arezzi is off to Conrad. It also sounds like a TGBL vs Conrad feud is starting to kick off.

Also a new episode of 605 is coming out.

Just listened to it again, because it caught me off guard when I listened earlier. On first listen Brian sounded quite petty, but there's obviously more to it.

I can't yet tell if Brian is being petty because Arezzi is going to work with Conrad because of who it is and what TGBL seems to think of him, or if he has a particular code when it comes to loyalty and business. Maybe it's both. I'll have to listen to more in depth explanations as they come, because right now it seems quite vague to me.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
In an update, Fightful Select adds that Flair reportedly grew frustrated with certain booking decisions on WWE TV, and contacted McMahon directly to voice his issues. Flair also asked Vince for his release.

NickFire

Khan loves him some WCW. I see that he's bringing juventud guerrera in for a match against Jericho. I saw that match at a WCW house show in 97.
The only way this upcoming match makes sense to me is if they booked it six months ago when they might not have been able to foresee some current opportunities. Stuff like this, Billy Gunn, and Christian being full time are like genital warts that AEW picked up from sleeping with TNA at times.

That said, the future does keep looking brighter every week for AEW. I'm dumbfounded by WWE letting Bray Wyatt go, and I have to believe he will be under AEW contract before Labor Day. And like Miro and others he is gonna be someone Vince regrets letting go when AEW starts beating flagship shows in ratings within a couple years (or months). Although AEW is getting some warts, they are also getting some relevant talent who find ways to get over even after Vince buries their characters.

DKehoe

The only way this upcoming match makes sense to me is if they booked it six months ago when they might not have been able to foresee some current opportunities. Stuff like this, Billy Gunn, and Christian being full time are like genital warts that AEW picked up from sleeping with TNA at times.
They tied it into something from months back where Jericho referenced Juventud Guerrera while insulting MJF. I'm not expecting him to stick around, much like with Nick Gage, it seems like he's just being brought in for this match. It's MJF going out and finding mercenaries to fuck with Jericho.

Velcro Fly

Nothing like a Chicago crowd for WWE shows.

I do not watch WWE anymore but I just have to laugh at the idiots that go and pay Vince money to sit there and chant CM Punk or We Want Wyatt all night.

Soodanim

Nothing like a Chicago crowd for WWE shows.

I do not watch WWE anymore but I just have to laugh at the idiots that go and pay Vince money to sit there and chant CM Punk or We Want Wyatt all night.
Ever since “What” chants started when Austin wasn’t there crowds have been dumb as fuck. “This is awesome” is a terrible chant.

Like you said. Paying money to go ruin a show en masse. Giving a company money and incentive to return while you shout “Boring” etc.

DKehoe

This is one of the best Wrestling entrances in years.

It's so good. The extra spotlight for Brodie is a really sweet touch. I loved that 10 man tag too.

It's pretty amazing to see the Dark Order go from being an apparent failure early on in AEW's run to what they are now.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Who do you guys think is the least likely performer to jump to AEW but is still possible? I vote Brock. Brock loves money. I don't think he has any particular loyalty to Vince. That being said I think Brock is one guy along with Cena who Vince will always bust open the piggy bank for.

Soodanim

Who do you guys think is the least likely performer to jump to AEW but is still possible? I vote Brock. Brock loves money. I don't think he has any particular loyalty to Vince. That being said I think Brock is one guy along with Cena who Vince will always bust open the piggy bank for.
I don't see Brock as possible, personally. Brock represents that WWE look, for better or worse. AEW's top guys just look... mid-card. Brock is a huge standout both in name and stature, and you'd have a big fish in a small pond scenario and I think it would be weird. He's in that god tier of money drawing names along with the likes of Austin, Rock, Taker, Cena, and Goldberg. Reigns looks like he'll end up in their ranks if he's not already there, I could never see him in AEW. I could never imagine a match between Kenny and any of them, they're worlds apart.

Plus, like you said, I don't see Vince wanting him to go and work elsewhere no matter how big or small AEW is in comparison. That's just bad business.

Soodanim

90 days is their standard now, them making a mistake and someone appearing on AEW after 30 days was a surprise and only happened because they forgot to update that when they changed him from an NXT contract to main roster one, or something

GeorgPrime

Banned
90 days is their standard now, them making a mistake and someone appearing on AEW after 30 days was a surprise and only happened because they forgot to update that when they changed him from an NXT contract to main roster one, or something

And they forgot the complete non compete rule for Adam Cole who was able to get out of it through the mouth to mouth deal with WWE xD and we now who got fired for it.

DKehoe

It's the anniversary of Ishii vs Shibata. So give it a watch, especially if you've never done so before. It's just over 12 minutes and it's so good.

Top Bottom