• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
He's 72, most people at that age slow down a lot. He's doing OK.

I doubt he will take a proper bump again, even if he wants to.

it’s because he is Ric fucking Flair I forget he is as old as he is.
I hope I’m that mobile when I’m Ric’s age. Also considering what he has put his body through. Props to him.

Last edited:

Soodanim

He's 72, most people at that age slow down a lot. He's doing OK.

I doubt he will take a proper bump again, even if he wants to.
That’s what I mean, he should just be a voice, not in ring. But I don’t think he can resist it. I hope you’re right about bumps, hopefully no one thinks it will be a good idea.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Corny never misses an opportunity to rant on AEW. He also goes completely off on Omega. Stopping just short of calling him a f*g. You can tell he really wants to.

Bullet Club

Banned

lKjilZS.jpg

DKehoe

What is the story behind punk and colt ?
(Not sure quite how much you know so I'll try and cover it all)

Longtime very close friends who met in wrestling school and broke into the industry together. Frequently worked together as opponents and partners across the indys, most notably in ROH. Punk left to go to WWE and Cabana stayed on the indies (excluding a brief run in WWE that didn't amount to much). The two stayed close throughout that time and Punk even gave him a shout-out during the pipebomb promo.

After Punk left WWE his infamous big interview talking about why he did so was on Cabana's podcast. Cabana was a pioneer in the wrestling podcast genre and as close friends it made sense for that to be where Punk talked about it all. The WWE doctor that Punk talked about as being incompetent sued the pair of them for the podcast (Punk for what he said and Cabana for broadcasting it). The doctor was almost certainly being financially backed by WWE, so with that kind of resources it's a pretty serious deal and was done to fuck with Punk, Cabana just happened to be dragged into it.

Punk and Cabana then had a falling out over legal fees. Cabana said Punk had said he would cover everything, and apparently had a text from Punk saying so. Punk was doing so for about a year but then pulled his financial support for Cabana and insisted he start contributing to it. I'm not sure if this has been 100% confirmed as the reason why but there was speculation Punk got pissed at Cabana because he visited some friends backstage at a WWE taping and Punk thought that may have jeopardised their case and that's what made him do it.

Cabana then had around $200,000 in his own legal fees from having to get his own lawyer so sued Punk to get him to pay it as Punk had apparently promised. Punk then counter-sued Cabana to get him to pay towards the $1.2 million in legal fees that Punk had built up. In 2019 they ended up settling the suit and unfortunately still seem to be on bad terms.

The exact details of what caused the fallout are up in the air. It's just sad to see former best friends fall out like that.

Top Bottom