• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

Cohsae

So how do I unlock more endings past beating Mom's Heart. Have done so twice now I believe. One time I pulled out a fez, the next time a noose. I know there's more bosses, do I have to do weird secret stuff to get to them or just beat the game enough times?

Joe Molotov

So how do I unlock more endings past beating Mom's Heart. Have done so twice now I believe. One time I pulled out a fez, the next time a noose. I know there's more bosses, do I have to do weird secret stuff to get to them or just beat the game enough times?

You have to beat Mom's Heart 9 times.

I had the regular game for a few months now but never really sat down with it due to other games taking over my life.

I read about the expansion and purchased it last week.

Now that I've sat down with the game, I'm really enjoying it. Would love to have this on the Vita one day.

Thank god I got Epic Fetus on both my Samson runs. Made that chore pretty easy.

On people that have achievement unlocking difficulty, someone on the Steam forum made a handy fix for it. Get the exe, replace the FlashAchievements.exe in the BoI folder with it, and your achievements should unlock normally-- the instant you get them. I've been using it and it works perfectly.

Edit: Though it does not fix the Challenge achievements unlocking in the wrong order!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
any tips for beating satan? I've done it exactly once but when it gets to the leg portion, shit's impossible. First I can't see what's going on and run into that fucking leech/snake thing all the time.

You have to beat Mom's Heart 9 times.

Interesting. Maybe my game glitched but I got to
Sheol
on my 6th runthrough.

any tips for beating satan? I've done it exactly once but when it gets to the leg portion, shit's impossible. First I can't see what's going on and run into that fucking leech/snake thing all the time.

Just stay constantly in a circular motion around the room. It's also dependent on what power-ups you have. Followers like Lil Steve, Sister Maggie, etc. really help to cover more area and clear out the extra enemies.

chiablo

Epicac is possibly the most useless item in the game. If I accidentally grab it thinking it was chemical peel, it's pretty much GG for me.

The only time I've seen it be useful is when combined with Technology 2 and I'm playing Cain.

Speaking of Technology... since the expansion, I've only ever seen Technology 2, is there a bug where Technology 1 no longer spawns?

Haunted

Got such bad luck on my achievement run just now. Wanted to beat the final boss in
the Cathedral
with a certain item in my possession, everything going fine until Womb 2 where I open a red chest and get randomly teleported to the I Am Error room, with no other way to go but
down to Sheol.

Fucking bummer.

Interesting. Maybe my game glitched but I got to
Sheol
on my 6th runthrough.
There's a random chance for a door to appear on playthroughs 2-9. After the tenth, it's there every time.

Haunted

Speaking of Technology... since the expansion, I've only ever seen Technology 2, is there a bug where Technology 1 no longer spawns?
Haven't seen Tech 1 either.

Probably a victim of the changed spawn rates, which have been significantly altered towards the new items.

Sciz

I've seen it once post-Wrath, in a devil room. Certainly feels even rarer than it did before, though.

Tech 2 is amazing by the way.

I noticed that there are also sometimes more than one secret room per level. I definitely didn't see that coming.

Only $3, and this is gonna compete with Diablo III over what I play.

BigAT

Is it no longer possible to fly into a Battle Arena room with the gate down that would be otherwise impossible to enter? The ability to do so was around for so long that I didn't even consider it a bug.

Haunted

Just encountered the alternative to The Widow for the first time. Most disgusting boss in the game? I say yes.

I noticed that there are also sometimes more than one secret room per level. I definitely didn't see that coming.
Two secret rooms on every level, actually.

Haunted

I just got glitched out by picking up Brimstone late game. Isaac simply wouldn't fire anymore. Second time I got the polaroid, second time I got robbed by the game.

:sadface

Some only have one or none, if you get Curse of the Labyrinth, ACTUALLY
=P
smartass :p

Man, I really should buy this game eventually. It's gone on sale a few times already, but I never bite, even though I'd probably like it since I enjoy roguelikes.

Haven't seen Tech 1 either.

Probably a victim of the changed spawn rates, which have been significantly altered towards the new items.

I had a run where I got Tech 1 AND Tech 2. I had a constant laser coming out of one eye and a secondary laser that zapped on and off out of the other.

It was awesome.

BigAT

I just got glitched out by picking up Brimstone late game. Isaac simply wouldn't fire anymore. Second time I got the polaroid, second time I got robbed by the game.

:sadface

Both times I have gotten Brimstone since the DLC was released, I had some other item that caused it to glitch out and make me basically unable to shoot. So now I have basically avoided picking up Brimstone at all, which is a shame because it's one of my favorite items.

Haunted

Brimstone deserved a nerf, but having it not fire at all is a bit much.
:p

The game is steadfast in refusing a successful polaroid run for me, just threw the tick on me from a fortune telling machine. bah.

Recarpo

Did you beat the new last stage? I unlocked the final challenge without doing any of the previous ones after I downed it.

Yep, I've beaten the final stage and gotten pretty much everything in the expansion, challenge 10 is still locked, though.

BigAT

The game is steadfast in refusing a successful polaroid run for me, just threw the tick on me from a fortune telling machine. bah.

If it makes you feel better, I have yet to even see it drop so far.

I think all but one of my successful completions so far have included Epic Fetus. Partly because it seems to spawn in nearly every game I'm in and partly because I'm incredibly effective when I get it.

Haunted

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of finding the polaroid like the Book of Revelations does for the Horsemen? Same question for the various Guppy items.

If it makes you feel better, I have yet to even see it drop so far.
:/

BigAT

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of finding the polaroid like the Book of Revelations does for the Horsemen? Same question for the various Guppy items.

:/

Does it drop from those new alternate slot machines that typically drop trinkets? I have pumped a bunch of money into them trying to get one from there, but haven't seen one yet. It doesn't help that those tend to explode far quicker than the old slot machines.

Toppot

Does it drop from those new alternate slot machines that typically drop trinkets? I have pumped a bunch of money into them trying to get one from there, but haven't seen one yet. It doesn't help that those tend to explode far quicker than the old slot machines.
Polaroid does drop from them yes. Lots of those machines and lots of coins is good. It is random however, just got to be lucky to get it. You can use Wheel of Fortune cards to get loads in one room and just keep pumping them for trinkets, then use d20 to reroll them.

There is no special way to make it more likely to get a polaroid, all you can do is 'tricks' to try and get the most out of the Fortune Telling machines.

Haunted

The d20 rerolls trinkets? That's useful to know.

I have to remind myself that the polaroid is a trinket, I've gotten it from the I Am Error and the beggar so far, I keep re-rolling items in treasure rooms with Isaac's d6 even though it can't even spawn there. >_>

Would someone like to explain to me why I picked up Brimstone and suddenly can't fucking shoot anymore?

Fucking garbage. I don't even want to play this game anymore if it's going to do shit like this to me.

EDIT: Just read it's one of many Wrath of the Lamb glitches. Lovely.

Acerac

Banned
Would someone like to explain to me why I picked up Brimstone and suddenly can't fucking shoot anymore?

Fucking garbage. I don't even want to play this game anymore if it's going to do shit like this to me.

EDIT: Just read it's one of many Wrath of the Lamb glitches. Lovely.

That is a very good question.

Man... I got three Guppy items and transformed to Guppy, but no achievement unlocked. Even finished the run, but nothing. Guess I'll have to luck my way into getting it again. Unfortunate because the only thing I have left to do after is Platinum God.

On the plus side being Guppy and having Mulligan on top of that is ridiculous.

Toppot

Man... I got three Guppy items and transformed to Guppy, but no achievement unlocked. Even finished the run, but nothing. Guess I'll have to luck my way into getting it again. Unfortunate because the only thing I have left to do after is Platinum God.

On the plus side being Guppy and having Mulligan on top of that is ridiculous.
Next time you launch the game it might unlock.

Next time you launch the game it might unlock.
All my achievements have been unlocking the next time I start the game ever since the 1.2 patch.
Yep, that did it. Just got the last item I needed as well and snagged Platinum God. Then when I checked my achievements I noticed they added even more just now.

jymf8.jpg

lnIvT.gif

Joe Molotov

Here's the new cheevs. No descriptions, so I guess we can only speculate.

b0lFH.jpg

It better not be "No Hit Sheol/Cathedral with each character." :p

Sounds like you have to beat a run with some new content for all the characters as usual. I was hoping I'd never have to play as Eve or Samson again.

Wonder what the Left Hand is about.

I'm loving the expansion so far. $2.99 for DLC that nearly doubles the amount of content in the game? That's DLC done right!

I fucking hate those rooms with the spiky doors, but I like the choice it forces you to make. I'm still not sure what to do in the bloody rooms filled with spikes, though.

EDIT: O snappeth, even more new characters? <3 TBoI

I'm loving the expansion so far. $2.99 for DLC that nearly doubles the amount of content in the game? That's DLC done right!

I fucking hate those rooms with the spiky doors, but I like the choice it forces you to make. I'm still not sure what to do in the bloody rooms filled with spikes, though.

EDIT: O snappeth, new characters? <3 TBoI
Taking damage on the spikes gives a chance to spawn a normal or locked chest.

Top Bottom