• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

TGMIII

Just finished the new content, spoilers ahead:

After beating Isaac in the Cathedral you go to "the chest" and it's pretty crazy. First room had 4 locked chests which had pretty good items in them like quad shot, chemical peel. Pretty much every room is a mixture of bosses. I had 3 horsemen in one room so it got pretty crazy. Final boss is ??? which is the same fight as you've seen before if you fought him. I finished the game with the Polaroid and I got a new ending, don't know if you have to have the Polaroid or not.

Achievements are still bugged but once you relaunch they appear so it's not that bad.

From Edmund's web site:

Wrath of the lamb change log v1.3
Content Update:
-8 new unlockable items
-8 new achievements
-a new not so secret final chapter
-a new final ending
-3 new music tracks
-new mini boss
-golden poop!
-updated art, sound fxs and other touch ups added/polished.
Updates/Fixes:
-Ending 12 and challenge 10 now unlock for everyone.
-Brimstone is back in working order
-Alt end boss active
-Familiar conflicts fixed
-item frequency has been fixed
-enemys have been rebalanced
-bosses have been rebalanced
-a “secret boss” now appears where intended
————
there will no doubt me other minor bugs that popped up due to this update that we will be squashing in the next week or so, along with some final extra bits of content here and there that didnt make it into this update.

Chris R

Are bonus rooms no longer guaranteed to be in the empty space on the map between the most rooms? I've bombed several walls and haven't found one yet since I bought the DLC.

aw yeah

new secrets!

Also, Platinum God. ^_^
Well done. :)

Didn't realize the new stuff had been patched in already. Time to delve back into it.

Edit: Dear god my main menu switched to "The End" sometime in my WotL playthrough. Now I have the Platinum God screen and it's pretty grotesque haha.

I would recommend buying just The Binding of Isaac first and playing it and seeing if you like it. Then once you've played the core game for a while, if you like it, upgrade to WotL.

Agreed. You could start with the core game + DLC, but the DLC changes the experience so much that I wouldn't recommend that.

So I just bombed into a secret room, picked up the coins and...the way I came in was closed up.

I had no bombs left so I had to restart the fucking game.

Nice fucking job, Edmund.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Someone PM me when the bugs are sorted out, yeah? I love how every patch introduces worse bugs.

Engine rewrite in..5..4..?

Goddamn. Secret Rooms are all fucked up now.

I just had one where I entered from the west, but when I went in, the exit was to the north. There was supposed to be a mini-boss in that room I went in. The boss music played and there was nothing in there. The door to exit was already open.

Haunted

Welp, just finished Cathedral and... the credits rolled. Buh?
New achievement spoilers:
you need to finish the Cathedral while holding the polaroid to get to the new floor (and do it with every character to get the 7 new achievements). The new floor as a concept is pretty genius, actually. He totally didn't have to try and connect anything to the endings like that, but it fits perfectly.

This is going to be a bitch. I hope he upped the drop rate on the item that's necessary for that.

Leezard

New achievement spoilers:
you need to finish the Cathedral while holding the polaroid to get to the new floor (and do it with every character to get the 7 new achievements). The new floor as a concept is pretty genius, actually. He totally didn't have to try and connect anything to the endings like that, but it fits perfectly.

This is going to be a bitch. I hope he upped the drop rate on the item that's necessary for that.

I just beat the new floor with Isaac. I've had the necessary item drop the last 4 runs, so I'm either really lucky or he probably upped the drop rate.

seems like you can't bomb open doors in the new floor.

Haunted

I just beat the new floor with Isaac. I've had the necessary item drop the last 4 runs, so I'm either really lucky or he probably upped the drop rate.

seems like you can't bomb open doors in the new floor.
You lucky son of a gun. I've got it once in four cathedral runs.

Looks like I need to sacrifice more goats to the Random Generator Gods.

Joe Molotov

Jiminy Christmas! Have you guys fought Sloth yet since the patch? He's seriously glitched now, unless Edmund just decided suddenly to make him the most "fuck you up" boss in the game. Whenever he spits his exploding shot at you, he also shoots out a "beam" of green floor that's impossible to avoid because it appears instantly. I got him on Cellar 1 and he completely shat on me, lol. -.-;

TGMIII

Jiminy Christmas! Have you guys fought Sloth yet since the patch? He's seriously glitched now, unless Edmund just decided suddenly to make him the most "fuck you up" boss in the game. Whenever he spits his exploding shot at you, he also shoots out a "beam" of green floor that's impossible to avoid because it appears instantly. I got him on Cellar 1 and he completely shat on me, lol. -.-;

Just don't stand directly in front of him the whole time and it's pretty much the same boss fight. The slime doesn't reach the full length of the room either so as long as you have enough range you can just sit back.

Joe Molotov

Looks like the invincibility glitch that I mentioned early works on Blood Banks too. Now to get all the achievements before they patch it out!

8urCm.jpg

j/k

or am I?

Maybe a few, anyway.

TGMIII

Anyone else getting a steam cloud warning when launching BoI after the update. I don't seem to be losing any progress but I'm going to back up my save anyway just in case.

I'm also really close to Platinum god, just two items to get.

Joe Molotov

How do we use the invincibility glitch?

Trade in all of your hearts to the Blood Bank or Devil Beggar; instant invincibility. It seems even the glitch is glitchy though, sometimes you'll randomly get a heart back after not having any, so it's not really an effective strategy for clearing the game.

Leezard

The new achievements seem to be bugged, like the challenges were before. I got the achievement for Judas by beat the new floor with Eve.

edit: the items seem bugged too. I've beaten the new area with Eve and Isaac, yet I somehow found the item you unlock for beating it with ???.

Haunted

The new achievements seem to be bugged, like the challenges were before. I got the achievement for Judas by beat the new floor with Eve.

edit: the items seem bugged too. I've beaten the new area with Eve and Isaac, yet I somehow found the item you unlock for beating it with ???.
pOPwZ.jpg

Glitchiness aside, the polaroid drop rate is giving me some serious headaches. If my current luck holds, I'm getting all the achievements in only 48 more successful runs. (1 polaroid in 8 cathedral runs, fucking ridiculous).

I'm a bit bummed about my prospects.

HoosTrax

I have this game on my backlog, but I think I'll finally give it a ago tonight.

Does it play well on a TV? And what do I need to install to get a 360 pad going? I think I have JoyToKey on my HTPC.

I have this game on my backlog, but I think I'll finally give it a ago tonight.

Does it play well on a TV? And what do I need to install to get a 360 pad going? I think I have JoyToKey on my HTPC.

JoyToKey or Xpadder. There is no native controller support.

Leezard

http://i.imgur.com/pOPwZ.jpg[IMG]

Glitchiness aside, the polaroid drop rate is giving me some serious headaches. If my current luck holds, I'm getting all the achievements in only 48 more successful runs. (1 polaroid in 8 cathedral runs, fucking ridiculous).

I'm a bit bummed about my prospects.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I lucked out in two of my runs and got the polaroid in the room before the boss room in the cathedral. The last room, despite searching every single golden chest on every floor and using every crystal ball slot machine. Guppy's Tail may help in finding it, since it appears to increase the amount of golden chests.

Haunted

all these updates! :eek:

Clearly he must've heard my pleas and made the polaroid a starting item for every character.

Seems like the invincibility bug is still in, got hit by a bloatfly that would've killed me but turned me invincible instead.

Edit: Just entered a shop that triggered the Greed fight, but it was completely empty.

Haunted

Necropolis 1 here, haven't found any trinkets so far. :(

I hate that a luck based item is necessary for progress.
I completely agree.

The newest achievements are dangerously close to go from good random to frustrating arbitrary, from repeatedly engaging to tedious.

TGMIII

Did two runs and the polaroid popped up both times, finished it the second time with Cain.

I hope the drop rate for it has been increased a good bit but I personally don't mind if it didn't drop every run. Something like 40% would sound good to me.

I wish this game would give you a description of everything you pick up. It's pretty off-putting for a newish player like me to have to constantly tab to a wiki when I pick up an item to see what the fuck it does.

TGMIII

I wish this game would give you a description of everything you pick up. It's pretty off-putting for a newish player like me to have to constantly tab to a wiki when I pick up an item to see what the fuck it does.

Well that's sort of the fun of finding new items, figuring out what they do. The only time I look at the wiki is if I ever forget what an item I've already found does.

Well that's sort of the fun of finding new items, figuring out what they do. The only time I look at the wiki is if I ever forget what an item I've already found does.

Maybe not throwing a long description in your face every time, but maybe like a built-in description that you can choose to pull-up by hitting a button? Like if you collect an item, press "I" to see what it does? That way if you like the mystery, you don't have to see.

I understand that side of the argument. I just don't like the way this game executes it.

Top Bottom