• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
C8divPAXkAErBBE.jpg

They can say what they want but, thats a heel.

Freaking hell. I like Reigns a lot, but that shot is unbelievable and should basically be used every time to justify a fully jackass version of Reigns

One of my moments of the night.

qCRiPGh.gif

Those two pictures back to back basically show a potential future for WWE in terms of heels. Also, that cameraman is getting a freaking raise.

Laws00

when he started climbing the ropes i jokingly said to my friends "watch this crazy son of a bitch try a shooting star press or something"

and then he fucking did it

i stayed home before ileft for food just to see this what he would do. i know he's hurting today lol

Just got in from work, 5 hours and ten minutes?! That's without the pre show. 1 single show shouldn't dominate an entire evening. If i watch this whole thing now it'll take me up to when i have to go to bed tonight for work tomorrow.

thequestion

That was honestly my favorite WM since....shit I can't even remember. Definitely my favorite so far this decade. Yeah the last match was shit, but I loved every match before that. Super fun WM

RIP Undertaker

Whole heartily agree. The Hardy boy moment. The pop from the crowd. The wwe letting them when the titles. The look on matt's face when the fireworks were going off.... I still get shivers. It was perfect. Delete! Delete! Delete!

The first half of the show was just fun to watch. The last half dragged a bit, but still, overall, a really fun mania.

Bray is a complete joke. WWE won't even let him win a high profile feud. Randy winning does nothing for either. What is he? Like a 14x champion? Just shows you how much the titles remain meaningless. Remember when being a 5X champion was the benchmark?

Also I hope they let Matt Hardy do the broken gimmick.

What the fuck was up with Becky Lynch? I don't mind the new wardrobe, but that hair. Eesh.

I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, but I assumed this was some sort of Aloy cosplay?

If not, that was definitely some weird cultural appropriation. I hear Mickie James claims to be part Native American, so the same can't be said for her, but it sure did look bad.

I hate this "he gets booed that makes him a heel" thing. Nooo it's X-Pac heat, they're not booing out of engagement it's a wholesale rejection. Maybe I'm being a mark, but if they made him a traditional heel he would be MONEY.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Bray is a complete joke. WWE won't even let him win a high profile feud. Randy winning does nothing for either. What is he? Like a 14x champion? Just shows you how much the titles remain meaningless. Remember when being a 5X champion was the benchmark?

Also I hope they let Matt Hardy do the broken gimmick.

sadly we kne wthis was coming from randy getting busted open by brock. This was his "i owe you one" moment

Hex

Banned
I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, but I assumed this was some sort of Aloy cosplay?

If not, that was definitely some weird cultural appropriation. I hear Mickie James claims to be part Native American, so the same can't be said for her, but it sure did look bad.

It was blatantly Aloy which was awesome.

I hate this "he gets booed that makes him a heel" thing. Nooo it's X-Pac heat, they're not booing out of engagement it's a wholesale rejection. Maybe I'm being a mark, but if they made him a traditional heel he would be MONEY.
The MONEY was all of them paying to be at Wrestlemania. If it was "go away" heat, that place wouldn't have sold out.

X-Pac heat happened because X-Pac was in X-Factor and no one gave a fuck.

Remember that HBK and Diesel played to the Hartford Civic Center at Wrestlemania because no one wanted to see them. Roman isn't getting this reaction. When he does, I'll believe all the dudes saying they don't actually want to see him. As it is, all I see is every dude on the Internet who loves wrestling constantly talking about what they want from Roman.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Re: arena noise, cause not everyone knows this. I was at Levi's for 31, and that was some of the loudest crowd moments of my life, and Ive been to world cups and shit. It was like a tsunami of sound for 5 hours.

Then I rewatched it on the network and was perplexed, it was basically "the crowd goes mild, the show"

Dont believe what you hear on tv.

Sephzilla

The "any reaction is a good reaction" mindset is just Vince's justification for continuing to push Roman. If Roman wasn't getting booed and crowds were silent for him with only mild cheers, then the justification would shift to "at least he's not getting booed" because that's what would fit Vince's narrative because Vince wants to keep pushing Roman because he thinks Roman is what fans want. He honestly doesn't care about crowd reaction that much unless it's for the characters he gives a shit about, and even then it's only if they're reacting the way he wants them to react.

Case in point - Orton for a while got pretty mediocre reactions but nobody went out of their way to boo him. He's WWE Champion right now. If "any reaction is a good reaction" then they wouldn't have tried to squash Daniel Bryan for six months when he was easily the most over guy in the company.

Seijuro

My 2 cents:

- AJ/Shane was the surprise of the night. Props to Shane for working real hard, but AJ is the real MVP on the roster. From moves, storytelling, mannerisms and trashtalk and quips during the match, the total package.

- HHH/Seth was actually my second favorite match of the night, I'm surprised that most people seem to be indifferent to it. Seth was good and showed no signs of knee injury or pneumonia/flu and HHH can still go.

- Hardys return was amazing.

- Glad they kept the segments to a bare minimum this year, most matches could have benefited from (even) more time though.

- Raw Women's match was way too short but good.

- Brock/Berg was good, but please keep Brock's title run either short or let him defend it at every PPV.

- Bray/Orton und Owens/Jericho were both kind of dull to me. Expected both to be awesome as both had a solid build up, but they were just ok PPV matches. Why they gave the title to Orton I don't understand. Hopefully to lose it to AJ at the next oppurtunity.

- Glad that Taker is retired now, about 5 years too late. Match was bad as expected, Takers matches got worse every year since his HBK matches. Should have retired after the streak broke. Won't miss his long ass 15 min entrances every year at Mania.

- NXT Takeover was very good from beginning to end.

Re: arena noise, cause not everyone knows this. I was at Levi's for 31, and that was some of the loudest crowd moments of my life, and Ive been to world cups and shit. It was like a tsunami of sound for 5 hours.

Then I rewatched it on the network and was perplexed, it was basically "the crowd goes mild, the show"

I was there too, and totally agree.

What's most interesting about Wrestlemania stadiums is that chants can't stick because the place is just too big for any one consistent chant. If one section starts a chant, and the other side of the stadium tries to jump in, it's all out of sync just from distance and time. You really can't appreciate just how big the crowd is until you're in it. And they're way, way louder than it seems on TV.

sora87

I'd say I couldn't believe how bad the goldberg/brock and taker/roman matches were, but I always knew they were going to be absolute shit shows.

Props to Shane for making his match with AJ enjoyable without jumping off the roller coaster. Hardy Boyz return was done incredibly well. That's about it as far as highlights go i can remember.

Sephzilla

It's the open-air stadium effect. It makes it hard for mics to really capture how loud a crowd is and even wrestlers have said in the past it makes it hard to gauge how a crowd is reacting.

I love Brock but he is not a freak of nature, he is tall and he is on Steroids....

He was busted just a few months ago....

dat jump was awesome... and a great end to the rivary.
Lmao, steroids don't magically give you talent, the dude athletically is above and beyond pretty much everyone with how quick he can move at his weight. Inject Ellsworth with roids and he's still mediocre, just a little more weird shaped.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

I was there too, and totally agree.

What's most interesting about Wrestlemania stadiums is that chants can't stick because the place is just too big for any one consistent chant. If one section starts a chant, and the other side of the stadium tries to jump in, it's all out of sync just from distance and time. You really can't appreciate just how big the crowd is until you're in it. And they're way, way louder than it seems on TV.

Its kind of impossible yeah, you have to hope everyone is on the same page. Even watching the jumbotron can be hard depending on the distance. It is funny how often people judge crowd reactions based on what the mic picks up or on what the production team decides to focus on

I'd say I couldn't believe how bad the goldberg/brock and taker/roman matches were, but I always knew they were going to be absolute shit shows.

Props to Shane for making his match with AJ enjoyable without jumping off the roller coaster. Hardy Boyz return was done incredibly well. That's about it as far as highlights go i can remember.

Idk man, the Goldberg/Brock match was good. Definitely woke the crowd up after that shit Orton/Wyatt match.

Skatterd

Yeah this tends to be true of these arenas. Which makes the massive Hardys pop more impressive

The problem with the "people watch Roman so he should stay on top" narrative is that people aren't watching for Roman and only offer advice for him because he's a consistent blight on shows that have the potential to be much better. In terms of in-ring talent, WWE has never had a better roster. The only time I can remember having comparable ring talent was the Ruthless Aggression era with Angle, Austin, Cena, Brock, Eddie, the former ECW talent, the TLC tag teams, etc. Look to the mid 90s and late 2000s and you'll see relatively bland rosters where people just didn't tune in. If the roster today didn't have talent like AJ, Nakamura, KO, Sami Zayn, Charlotte, etc. or entertaining characters like the New Day, you wouldn't see this resurgence in the product's popularity.

nOoblet16

I love Brock but he is not a freak of nature, he is tall and he is on Steroids....

He was busted just a few months ago....

dat jump was awesome... and a great end to the rivary.

He actually is, his proportions are very odd and it allows him to get upper hand in fights, he is also unnaturally fast and agile for someone his size. In UFC dude's a heavyweight but would often move like a welterweight.

I want to say that the camping world stadium is probably the biggest piece of shit stadium I've ever been to, the way the arena is set up is awful and it took nearly an hour to get to our seats in 106r. I'm glad we didn't drive there because the entire road and parking infrastructure looked even more messed up than inside the arena because we walked 2 miles back to the hotel and the traffic to the I4 west ramp was backed up almost the same distance. Please never return there again, it felt like such a huge downgrade after experiencing att stadium last year.

Yeah, that pop for the Hardys was fucking insane
Easily the loudest pop of the night, the crowd exploded when the music hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom