• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

michael-cole-620x270cdrus.jpeg

I love Final Fantasy! I see "Moogle" and "Choco-bo"!

Watched it, haven't watched Raw or Smackdown for a while but thought I'd indulge. All in all, it was better than I thought it was going to be.

Highlight of the night was Stephanie's outfit.

untitled-310.jpg

I thought it was a great show. I didn't get all the endings I wanted, but I thought they gave the fans a lot of surprises and the matches were great.

Loved, AJ/ Shane, KO/ Jericho, Miz was great playing to the crowd. Charlotte can straight up go and the Hardys

Kinda shocked Taker lost and not a fan of Brock, but overall great show.... I am super stoked for Raw and Smackdown...

GunBR

Yeah it made no sense, complete 180° on what he's been saying for the past few weeks.
Roman is the "I respect everyone and just want to fight hard and get my spot" type of face

He can say some bad things and even fight like a heel at some moments, but at the end of the day he will always be the underdog
LOL
hero

The casual fans like (?) Roman because WWE is pushing him and not the other way around

They could make any other wrestler loved by the casuals just putting him in the main event for 6 months

Remember 2-3 years ago when Big Show was reluctantly in the Authority? That was the focus for 2ish months (I think Reigns was injured at the time) Anyway the point is, by the time the angle was over the crowd went from chanting "please retire" to cheering on an popping for Big show.

BIG SHOW

IN 2014! (15?)

So they CAN book people correctly. They just can't do it purposely or don't out of spite.

edit: i'm agreeing with the post I quoted, not sure if it came across. Still a little early.

So I have been down on wrestling the past year and of course made all too many posts saying the only thing keeping me a fan was Kayfabe Commentaries and not Raw, Smackdown, NXT, etc.

Wrestlemania was a great show. I had very low expectations going in and by the time the middle of the AJ/Shane match had hit, I was already feeling as though it was going to be something special. Then the show just seemed to flow. Nothing will top HHH's Mania 31 entrance although last night's was cool.

ViciousDS

Banned
god damn

if that arena would have been a closed arena, nearly everyone in the audience would have suffered some form of hearing damage from that hardy boys pop. I could hear how insanely loud that shit was from the stream.....and that shit was an open arena.

God damn that crowd when apeshit.......I mean so did I

but DAMN

Auraela

Banned
god damn

if that arena would have been a closed arena, nearly everyone in the audience would have suffered some form of hearing damage from that hardy boys pop. I could hear how insanely loud that shit was from the stream.....and that shit was an open arena.

God damn that crowd when apeshit.......I mean so did I

but DAMN

Yea the delete chant when they got to ring was popping louder over the music which is crazy

Hasney

Yea the delete chant when they got to ring was popping louder over the music which is crazy

70,000 people chanting about some indie gimmick.

Also, mad props to the Hardyz. I wasn't sure they were signed, but I assumed they wouldn't be at Mania even if they were, especially in a ladder match less than 24 hours after their ROH ladder match.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
That was honestly my favorite WM since....shit I can't even remember. Definitely my favorite so far this decade. Yeah the last match was shit, but I loved every match before that. Super fun WM

RIP Undertaker

The Hardy's entrance was amazing and probably the highlight of the night. Still buzzing from that and I marked out hard at the time. Really well done.

Ithil

The Cena proposal and Gronkowski spots appear to be getting the most mainstream attention like expected, but from looking across youtube, forums, etc, the biggest spotlight among wrestling fans seems to universally be the Hardys' return. I mean they would have gotten a huge reaction for a return even if they'd just been the Hardys elsewhere all this time, but I think the heat level for them is a testament to how strong the Broken gimmick is, even in a dead promotion like TNA.

The first half the event, I would say it was going to be the best Wrestlemania ever

But the WWE title match, Smackdown women and Taker/Reigns match were all really bad

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ah, a new morning.

Weird though. I had this perplexing dream last night that Undertaker ended his career with one of the worst matches ever.

Sephzilla

The Cena proposal and Gronkowski spots appear to be getting the most mainstream attention like expected, but from looking across youtube, forums, etc, the biggest spotlight among wrestling fans seems to universally be the Hardys' return. I mean they would have gotten a huge reaction for a return even if they'd just been the Hardys elsewhere all this time, but I think the heat level for them is a testament to how strong the Broken gimmick is, even in a dead promotion like TNA.

70,000 people doing the DELETE chant at WrestleMania probably made some TNA exec fucking furious

Ah, a new morning.

Weird though. I had this perplexing dream last night that Undertaker ended his career with one of the worst matches ever.

I think it's like Hogan/Andre. Horrid match, but nobody will ever call it bad because of how momentous it was. This is the same, this was an old warrior in his last battle against the young, hungry new ace, he fought admirably, but in the end was put down for good. From a technical standpoint, yes, it was terrible. From a storytelling standpoint, it was poetry.

Barrage

It's like every 5 seconds I think of another great thing last night that made me smile.

Cesar's and Sheamus' entrance

Owens' finger on the ropes

Sasha's Outfit

Brock jumping from over the spear

Best night of wrestling since God knows when.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Did you not watch 30?

I watched the Daniel Bryan triple threat match which was great but that's all I remember seeing. I think that's the one where Lesnar squashed the Undertaker too. I loved WM last night almost start to finish. I even loved the smackdown women's title match. So happy to see Naomi win that.

Gurrry

How I saw the night:

BEST:
  • Bray v Orton - Didn't love the finish and technically this was not an amazing match but the awful snake in the Randy Orton entrance and the borderline mid 90s NIN music video projected onto the mat during the match were incredible

Damn, you are in the extreme minority on that one I think. Glad you liked it though. I liked parts of the build, but again, Bray lays a wet fart in the biggest match and loses yet again. The match itself was a snoozefest as well for me. It was a basic Randy Orton SD match.

Undertaker getting concussed against his 1st match was just him being unlucky people saying he should have retired before then act like he has magic ball that lets him see into the future. Taker quickly redeemed himself with 2 matches with lesnar after proving it was just him being unlucky with the concussion. Though i think he should have skipped this year mania and just let him fully recover from his surgery.

Anyways wrestlemania gonna suck with him gone no more taker matches to look forward to and next mania will be probably lesnar's last so the only attraction they will have left is HHH.

Luschient

Or they should have just gone all out in that match, gone into the deep end of spooky crazy.It's like they were booking a horror angle and then went oh shit the title is there we better show it respect too let's go with a normal wrestling ending to honour the belt. Just complete nonsense.

Yep, I was really waiting for Sister Abigail to show up towards the end of that match. Crawling down the ramp towards the ring all Grudge-like.

Lothars

I guess this is a valid question to bring up, are they going to hot-shot Undertaker into the Hall of Fame right away like they did with Edge or are they going to give it a couple of years?
I feel he will be put in the hall of fame next year, I don't think they will wait at all.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess this is a valid question to bring up, are they going to hot-shot Undertaker into the Hall of Fame right away like they did with Edge or are they going to give it a couple of years?

He's a "first ballot" Hall of Famer (even though there are no ballots), like HBK and Edge, yes. Hell, I wouldn't even be shocked if they announced he was being inducted into the 2018 class tonight on Raw.

Gurrry

Again, Im just gonna say that Bray is done. Im done watching him, and im done ever investing into any build he gets.

It has proven to be a pointless endeavor for the past 4 years.

I think we all can agree that the work done last night was not very good. It was more show than go on all fronts.

I mean NXT was the best "wrestling" all weekend.

Numb

Yeah, I was just coming in to give my thoughts but why even bother. And if I never see someone bring merchandise sales as a topic of discussion I'll be as happy as can be.

Well, Charlotte was great(as always), so that was something.

chargoddess.gif

Good lord

Sephzilla

It's amazing. Out of the 4 horsewomen of NXT, Charlotte was probably the worst of the bunch when they were all in NXT. Now she's rocketed beyond all of them.

Gurrry

I think we all can agree that the work done last night was not very good. It was more show than go on all fronts.

I mean NXT was the best "wrestling" all weekend.

Tough call but Id have to agree. I think Aries Neville, AJ Shane (surprise of the night), Jericho Owens and the Womens match (4 way) were all good wrestling. Im probably forgetting one or two.

But yeah, NXT is always going to take the cake when it comes to true wrasslin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom