• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

The only thing I'm actually looking forward to in the Brock/Taker match is the 1% chance of a shooting star press.

0.5% chance of Taker doing one

Courage

I'm uncontrollably laughing at the prospect of Taker pinning Lesnar after a shooting star press. If HHH truly studies his IWC, he'd do it.

Last time Taker dove over the ropes he face planted into the mat, last time Brock attempted a shooting star press he too buried his cranium in the canvas, WM moments they both were.
Time for these two to get redemption together at WM30 and deliver the high flying action that they long since left behind, spoilers: this way ends in a no contest on both accounts.

Courage

Simultaneous shooting star press with both of them landing and breaking their necks rendering them out of action permanently.

Would make up for the lack of build, imo

Hasney

Last time Taker dove over the ropes he face planted into the mat, last time Brock attempted a shooting star press he too buried his cranium in the canvas, WM moments they both were.
Time for these two to get redemption together at WM30 and deliver the high flying action that they long since left behind, spoilers: this way ends in a no contest on both accounts.

Taker sees a camerman he doesn't like and dives out of the ring onto him. Meanwhile, Brock goes for the SSP and hits Taker in mid-air.

Match of the hour.

Into

Lance Storm is right, Miz should win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, why? So that the office and the boys can get a big laugh of him having to carry around a 5 foot statue every where he goes, and i mean EVERYWHERE, every shitty talk show he visits, every interview, even to Iraq, Afghanistan and wherever WWE goes.

The lolz Vince and Hunter would be having over that clutz carrying hunk of junk are too precious.

Son Of D

Has anyone got that HHH/Bryan "I would bury you so hard that whoever helped you get out would be crowned king Arthur" picture? Seems potentially relevant.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone got that HHH/Bryan "I would bury you so hard that whoever helped you get out would be crowned king Arthur" picture? Seems potentially relevant.

the original, for posterity
Wx881Gp.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds a little bananas but you could tell a compelling story by having Lesnar beat Taker and then have Sting come down and it'd be a story about Taker getting back, knowing he's beatable. But that'd still be less compelling than Sting, someone who's had zero matches in WWE, getting a shot. A big unknown.

Really though, it only makes sense for Brock to dominate Taker for 20 minutes (a la the Cena match) but then, STING's music hits and he comes out to the ramp. Taker rolls up Brock while he's distracted. Streak retained, Taker and Sting staredown.

strobogo

Banned
Really though, it only makes sense for Brock to dominate Taker for 20 minutes (a la the Cena match) but then, STING's music hits and he comes out to the ramp. Taker rolls up Brock while he's distracted. Streak retained, Taker and Sting staredown.

The only way it makes sense for Sting to show up is if he does it like this:

ibr4U1pegkDBuF.gif

All of this angle stuff I would save for Raw. You don't want Wrestlemania, looking back, to be a gobbledygook of angles that may or may not happen that began there. You want it to be a milestone.

With Live Video Feeds of various large groups around the world watching it live on Big Screens celebrating like in the World Cup.

Then cut to a homeless man watching in a CRT in an alley doing the Yes chant and movement.

Then cut to a kid in a hospital bed watching, doing the Yes and the doctor is enters the room and saying "Jimmy's going to be fine!"

Then cut to Putin tears in his eyes and calls off whatever the fuck he was doing.

Then Noel and Liam watch the match together and decide to reunite Oasis.

Then Sega executives watch this and decide to pool all of their money on Shenmue 3

strobogo

Banned
Then cut to a homeless man watching in a CRT in an alley doing the Yes chant and movement.

Then cut to a kid in a hospital bed watching, doing the Yes and the doctor is enters the room and saying "Jimmy's going to be fine!"

Then cut to Putin tears in his eyes and calls off whatever the fuck he was doing.

Then Sega executives watch this and decide to pool all of their money on Shenmue 3

Liam just drags Noel down. High Flying Birds is SO much better than Beady Eye.

jred2k

So what's Kofis battle royal non-elimination gimmick going to be? Maybe he can balance on his nose?

He will be falling out of the ring and at the final second he will grab hold of the Andre the Giant statue to keep from touching the floor. Upon this sudden brush with magic, the Andre statue will become animated with the soul of Andre ala Pinocchio. The living Andre statue will then throw Kofi back in to the ring. Kofi will land gracefully on both feet and then the camera will pan to the Andre statue which is now giving Kofi the thumbs up while winking.

Boom!(boom! boom!) There is your WrestleMania Moment™

adj_noun

He will be falling out of the ring and at the final second he will grab hold of the Andre the Giant statue to keep from touching the floor. Upon this sudden brush with magic, the Andre statue will become animated with the soul of Andre ala Pinocchio. The living Andre statue will then throw Kofi back in to the ring. Kofi will land gracefully on both feet and then the camera will pan to the Andre statue which is now giving Kofi the thumbs up while winking.

Boom!(boom! boom!) There is your WrestleMania Moment™

And then he's eliminated by the Miz.

Womp womp.

Zooms out to a large panning shot of Earth as all Nations are smiling doing the Yes Chant.

Cut to Mothership Orbiting Earth... Aliens remove their hands from the 'Destroy button' and do Yes Chant too.

okayfrog

Banned
FANTASY BOOKING: Haitch vs. Bryan. HHH has done everything but he cannot put Bryan away. He's even put Bryan in the Yes Lock and Bryan still would not quit. HHH has had enough. He goes under the ring and grabs his sledgehammer. The ref gets into his face. HHH calls for a mic and tells the ref, "You disqualify me and you're fired." The ref moves out of the way and HHH lays a beating into Bryan, all the while screaming stuff like, "I'M THE BOSS. I RUN THIS COMPANY. I AM WHAT'S BEST FOR BUSINESS." He finally hits the pedigree and pins Bryan for the 3-count. Crowd's pissed. Out comes Hogan. Hogan says something like, "You've forgotten, Hunter, that as long as you're in that ring wrestling, you're under a talent contract. The board has been disgusted by your actions in the ring and has thus suspended you as a wrestler for the time being, meaning you cannot compete in the main event. Bryan will be competing in your stead."

That way, Haitch gets the Wrestlemania victory he has wanted, and Bryan gets the Wrestlemania victory he deserves. Either that or Batista wins, iunno.

Penguin

FANTASY BOOKING: Haitch vs. Bryan. HHH has done everything but he cannot put Bryan away. He's even put Bryan in the Yes Lock and Bryan still would not quit. HHH has had enough. He goes under the ring and grabs his sledgehammer. The ref gets into his face. HHH calls for a mic and tells the ref, "You disqualify me and you're fired." The ref moves out of the way and HHH lays a beating into Bryan, all the while screaming stuff like, "I'M THE BOSS. I RUN THIS COMPANY. I AM WHAT'S BEST FOR BUSINESS." He finally hits the pedigree and pins Bryan for the 3-count. Crowd's pissed. Out comes Hogan. Hogan says something like, "You've forgotten, Hunter, that as long as you're in that ring wrestling, you're under a talent contract. The board has been disgusted by your actions in the ring and has thus suspended you as a wrestler for the time being, meaning you cannot compete in the main event. Bryan will be competing in your stead."

That way, Haitch gets the Wrestlemania victory he has wanted, and Bryan gets the Wrestlemania victory he deserves. Either that or Batista wins, iunno.

Generally, I dislike overbooking Mania.

Keep it clean
Keep it simple.

One (emphasize ONE) of the reasons I disliked Miz/Cena was that terrible finishing sequence/restart

Toki767

I will be super shocked if that Andre trophy isn't broken either on purpose or by accident before next year's WrestleMania.

okayfrog

Banned
Generally, I dislike overbooking Mania.

Keep it clean
Keep it simple.

One (emphasize ONE) of the reasons I disliked Miz/Cena was that terrible finishing sequence/restart

I can't see a simple way of having HHH winning and Bryan in the main event.

Omega

Banned
I still feel Vince had more of a presence that made his matches more endearing.

His decision making is questionable and he would unnecessarily force himself into storylines, but I could always respect a 60 year old CEO who would let his employees beat the shit out of him for entertainment and that he would most likely do what was best for business.

With Triple H, you know the only thing he cares about is Triple H. While Bryan probably walks out of WM the champion, the fact that Triple H is involved puts that at 50/50.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so i watched a few promos and this year's mania is some posi dweeb with a dumb slogan vs. HHH+steph in all out belligerent shit-heel burial mode? weird to be saying this, but i think i'm gonna go with HHH.

i really like the deliverance guy who rips all his lines from true detective, though.

The last few months of Triple H has been great. Dude is really playing with that perception that has built up around him / the WWE in general.

If only Daniel Bryan was better and more aggressive on the mic then this feud could have been legendary.

I said it before but Heyman + Bryan would totally work better then it did for Punk. Bryan needs that extra help for promos unlike Punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom