• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

wont happen at wm, maybe on raw

i'm really positive dbrine is getting his wm moment.

Yeah, would be way too confusing an ending, and you shouldn't set up an angle at the very end of WM. That's what the Post-WM RAW is for.

Yeah, would be way too confusing an ending, and you shouldn't set up an angle at the very end of WM. That's what the Post-WM RAW is for.

Yeah, the general idea of Mania, and how it has been for the past at least 10 or more years is that you want people leaving happy. The feel-good moment of Bryan winning the title and having the celebration uninterrupted (for once) is the only way they can provide that this time.

kirblar

Yeah, the general idea of Mania, and how it has been for the past at least 10 or more years is that you want people leaving happy. The feel-good moment of Bryan winning the title and having the celebration uninterrupted (for once) is the only way they can provide that this time.
They tried to switch the booking up into year-round mode with WM2000 and people were just really annoyed.

okayfrog

Banned

I've imagined it for weeks now. Can there be anything bigger than Punk coming back on the Raw post-Wrestlemania to challenge Bryan for the title? To be quite honest, I haven't even been the biggest Punk fan this past year, but I just love the fact that it's always guaranteed he'll get a huge pop. I want to see him back just for that.

Sblargh

Banned
How many swerves can one audience take?!

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a wrestlemania today thingie on the newtork today? I don't see it anywhere.

Ithil

They tried to switch the booking up into year-round mode with WM2000 and people were just really annoyed.

In pretty much all respects, WWE doesn't use the Gregorian calender for its "years". It uses the dates, sure, but a year in WWE really starts with the Post-WM RAW, and ends at the next WM. There's not really anything notable that happens for the new year in January.

I mean, I guess you could make the argument that the Rumble is in January and starts the build to WM, so that's the start of the year, but then the Rumble is usually following on from whatever was happening at the end of the previous year anyway.

So yeah, angles shouldn't be started on WM, that should be the end of that year, and the next day should be the start of that new year for WWE. Some angles can continue past WM, but they shouldn't ever start at it.

WM is a climax, keep it that way.

Sblargh

Banned
In pretty much all respects, WWE doesn't use the Gregorian calender for its "years". It uses the dates, sure, but a year in WWE really starts with the Post-WM RAW, and ends at the next WM. There's not really anything notable that happens for the new year in January.

I mean, I guess you could make the argument that the Rumble is in January and starts the build to WM, so that's the start of the year, but then the Rumble is usually following on from whatever was happening at the end of the previous year anyway.

So yeah, angles shouldn't be started on WM, that should be the end of that year, and the next day should be the start of that new year for WWE. Some angles can continue past WM, but they shouldn't ever start at it.

WM is a climax, keep it that way.

But the only way for the Bray/Cena match to work without Cena burying yet another young talent is for their feud to actually start for realsies now. Maybe it's a strategy; close most storylines, but push a new important one to not lose any momentum.

Wasn't this yesterday? Or is it not the "super awkward journos don't care about Daniel Bryan and Hulk Hogan" press conference?

Ithil

But the only way for the Bray/Cena match to work without Cena burying yet another young talent is for their feud to actually start for realsies now. Maybe it's a strategy; close most storylines, but push a new important one to not lose any momentum.

Wasn't this yesterday? Or is it not the "super awkward journos don't care about Daniel Bryan and Hulk Hogan" press conference?

Well as I said you can continue angles through WM, just don't start ones at it. Bray and Cena was started back at the Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

yeah that's yesterday's

worth watching for Batista being the BEST.

SaviorX

If the following match at Backlash 2000 with Rock vs. HHH was the main event at WM2000, that would've been the greatest Wrestlemania match ever....in my opinion at least.

The ending to WM2000/16 was bad I'll admit....I didn't realize how it always bothere me until you mentioned it.

NastyBook

I actually have the LE version of that sitting unopened on my table. Been waiting until I was finished with some of my other RPGs before starting it.
Opened mine, but never played. Actually started on FFX/X-2 this past week.

And Bray looked adorable 10 years ago. He reminds me of my buddy Shan.

Heel

yeah that's yesterday's

worth watching for Batista being the BEST.

Pretty eye opening engagement, wasn't it friend? Batista is an assertive speaker, commanding attention in a room full of uninitiated non-wrestling fans. He has the size, look and aura that's needed from a WWE world champion. That's surefire Breakfast Television Appeal if I've ever seen it. Batista is absolutely oozing cis male scum machismo.

Sblargh

Banned
the press conference was today wasnt it? im watching dbrines part right now

Ok, I was wrong, today is just the replay from yesterday's press conf. and tomorrow is the debut of Wrestlemania Today Whatever That Is.

My bad, all. I was expecting something new every day, silly me.

styl3s

Ok, I was wrong, today is just the replay from yesterday's press conf. and tomorrow is the debut of Wrestlemania Today Whatever That Is.

Yeah i thought the same thing.

Apparently Vince is wanting to do a shit load of content this week or weekends so i expect to hear some new schedule announcements tomorrow.

antonz

WWE needs to do a better job on the press conferences going forward. Such a horrible crowd for it. At least get the press to send wrestling fans etc. Was like a Funeral Home not even Hogan or DBry could get them worked up.

The way they kept talking even at the conference I was expecting stuff today. They kept hammering on the daily content for wm stuff

WWE needs to do a better job on the press conferences going forward. Such a horrible crowd for it. At least get the press to send wrestling fans etc. Was like a Funeral Home not even Hogan or DBry could get them worked up.

The way they kept talking even at the conference I was expecting stuff today. They kept hammering on the daily content for wm stuff

they are reporters , not marks they are there to cover this event not cheer catchphrases. they should have invited video game"jounnalists" if they wanted a reaction.

antonz

they are reporters , not marks they are there to cover this event not cheer catchphrases. they should have invited video game"jounnalists" if they wanted a reaction.

Oh come on at these kind of sports event press conferences its expected to have some life. Triple H even commented on how disappointed he was with how dead the crowd was. Probably would have been more helpful to have held it in New Orleans where its actually happening and the people are hyped.

somedevil

Bryan Alvarez proposed this idea for the Triple threat match to make Bryan's win more meaningful.

He beats Triple H but then while celebrating Triple h hits him with the sledgehammer. This starts a storyline during Mania if he will make the triple threat match. They start the match and for 5-10 minutes they do the match and the crowd craps on it chanting his name.

He comes out to a big pop and they do the rest of the match and he wins. Good idea?

Ithil

They need to decide once and for all what tone they want at these press conferences. Do they want a sporting-style one with press and speeches, or do they want a pro wrestling event with a cheering crowd and lots of catchphrases and goofiness?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty eye opening engagement, wasn't it friend? Batista is an assertive speaker, commanding attention in a room full of uninitiated non-wrestling fans. He has the size, look and aura that's needed from a WWE world champion. That's surefire Breakfast Television Appeal if I've ever seen it. Batista is absolutely oozing cis male scum machismo.

mhm mhm. He'll do well promoting Guardians of the Galaxy with the WWE Championship. Unlike the Rock (who, understandably, felt the WWE Championship looked bad for someone of his stature - he makes a lot of money) Batista actually does respect the business (though that doesn't make good business sense in the world of acting) and will be happy to bring along his belt to give back to the business that gave him this chance.

I'm looking forward to the Bryan/Batista feud for Batista to tell Bryan he looks like part of Groot's leg.

They need to decide once and for all what tone they want at these press conferences. Do they want a sporting-style one with press and speeches, or do they want a pro wrestling event with a cheering crowd and lots of catchphrases and goofiness?

They don't really get a choice. If you get all the big blogs from all entertainment and political areas, you can't command them or make them do what you like. WWE's always had a hardon for mainstream acceptance, I just don't know who fumbled the ball so hard not understanding what audience they did have.

Steph did well, Hunter did ehhh, Batista did wonderful and everyone else was pretty much dogshit. Square peg, round hole.

Sblargh

Banned
Bryan fumbled a bit, but I want to cuddle with him, so whatevs. Cena did all right. Orton stayed in character and everyone was confused. I think Hogan was the real tragedy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan fumbled a bit, but I want to cuddle with him, so whatevs. Cena did all right. Orton stayed in character and everyone was confused. I think Hogan was the real tragedy.

Hogan should have picked up on that crowd, seriously. Orton did look the worst though because it was just...awful.

Ok fantasy booking time:

- Sting wins the battle royal.

- AJ wins the diva thing in one of the most boring ooooomg just end it no one cares because you don't give us anything to care about you stupid company run ever, until Raw when she comes out saying seriously I just beat every woman on this roster at once there is NO CHALLENGE HERE *Paige's music hits* "Well actually, you haven't beaten every woman..."

- D-Bry beats HHH clean. HHH looks legit shook, underestimating him this whole time.

HHH tries to interfere in the title match to stop D-Bry winning but just before he gets to the ring OMG WHATS THIS ITS CM PUNK IN STREET CLOTHES! He attacks HHH, this distracts Batista long enough to get RKO'd goes for the cover BOOOOOM DIVING HEADBUTT > kip-up > groggy Orton gets to his feet while 80k fans chant Yes! YeS! YES! along with D-Bry BOOOOOOM THE KNEE, THE KNEE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA, THE KNEE THAT BEAT.... 1 YES! 2 YES! 3 YES!!! THE KNEE THAT BEAT ORTON! 80k fans erupt with cheers.

New champion!

CM Punk and HHH torn apart by security, Punk looks back into the ring and smiles. HHH froths, he's too angry at Punk now to be bothered by D-Bry winning etc so no screwy shit.

Confetti

Balloons

Cody, Usos, REGAL, all his buddies etc hit the ring to celebrate with mah boy D-Bry. Sting and Undertaker come out and shake hands FOR NO REASON.

D-Bry wears the title at his wedding.

Sblargh

Banned
Fantasy Booking: D-Bry enters the jobber royal and wins. D-Bry joins the Shield and defeats Kane. D-Bry makes a tag team with Emma and wins that, too. D-Bry then helps Emma win the Diva title. This makes him and Brie brake up so he can marry Emma right there on the spot. After his own wedding, he squashes Triple H. After that he squashes Orton and Batista runs away scared giving him the titles. Vince comes and say the shareholders voted Daniel Bryan for CEO. Daniel Bryan donates all of WWE assets, including the roster, to NJPW.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Pretty eye opening engagement, wasn't it friend? Batista is an assertive speaker, commanding attention in a room full of uninitiated non-wrestling fans. He has the size, look and aura that's needed from a WWE Intercontinental champion. That's surefire Breakfast Television Appeal if I've ever seen it. Batista is absolutely oozing cis male scum machismo.

FIFY

Bryan Alvarez proposed this idea for the Triple threat match to make Bryan's win more meaningful.

He beats Triple H but then while celebrating Triple h hits him with the sledgehammer. This starts a storyline during Mania if he will make the triple threat match. They start the match and for 5-10 minutes they do the match and the crowd craps on it chanting his name.

He comes out to a big pop and they do the rest of the match and he wins. Good idea?
Crapping on the main event of a milestone Wrestlemania for any length of time is probably not a good idea.

During the time of WrestleMania 28 Brodus Clay was being pushed as Vince's newest pet project. Brodus was set to do a skit with his "Momma" and a group of dancers. Because the show was running long, the skit was cut so The Rock and John Cena could get their proper time for their match.
Brodus and the dancers were all set to go in Gorilla when they were informed their skit was cut. John Cena got word of this and let Billy Kidman and Michael Hayes know that he "had to go to the bathroom." Kidman and Hayes wanted to know how long that was going to take. Cena looked at Brodus and asked him how long he needed. Brodus said 10 minutes. Cena told Kidman he would be back on 10 minutes. And that set up the Brodus skit to take place.
An interesting note about this whole story, Brodus was close to having his segment cut twice at back to back WrestleMania's.

Got this from Reddit that has no sources backing it up but I believe it. It's a great story nonetheless and I'm getting kinda emotional just reading it. What a guy.

Pavaloo

Got this from Reddit that has no sources backing it up but I believe it. It's a great story nonetheless and I'm getting kinda emotional just reading it. What a guy.

There's a Brodus video on YouTube from WM 29 in that thread. Brodus says it outright. HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fantasy Booking: D-Bry enters the jobber royal and wins. D-Bry joins the Shield and defeats Kane. D-Bry makes a tag team with Emma and wins that, too. D-Bry then helps Emma win the Diva title. This makes him and Brie brake up so he can marry Emma right there on the spot. After his own wedding, he squashes Triple H. After that he squashes Orton and Batista runs away scared giving him the titles. Vince comes and say the shareholders voted Daniel Bryan for CEO. Daniel Bryan donates all of WWE assets, including the roster, to NJPW.
Get out.

I'd like to see Tanahashi vs Cena though.

Good guy Cena should have saved us all by just instead using up both Brodus's AND the match with Rock's time by heading straight out to the ring and going to the toilet in the middle of it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It'd be cool if Undertaker and Sting had theatrical promo battles leading to a WM match.

I want CM Punk back, heel Cena, and DBry to soar.

But, as CM Punk said, the product could be better but it's not his company. Wont hold my breath ever being happy with the product.

Well shit, the basics aren't that fucking hard. Anyone who has watched wrestling for a few years can figure that part out. Protect your talent, don't make them look like shit, and it will be a little more believable when you want them to move up the card.
Haven't watched WWE in quite a few years now (Switched to TNA but have basically stopped with that too) but this is a big part in why I stopped with WWE. Not only did it feel like it was the same shit over and over again but the way they made some wrestlers look was terrible. I just never understood why WWE wouldn’t want to make every one of their wrestlers look good, instead of jobbing someone out to a higher positioned guy (Cena,HHH etc.). Surely its basic logic that you want to make everyone look as good as you can, that way every match could go either way instead of being the same boring matches you always get.

And don’t get me started on the whole 'your losing your push as punishment' because that is some of the most backward logic there is.

Aiii

So not worth it
During the time of WrestleMania 28 Brodus Clay was being pushed as Vince's newest pet project. Brodus was set to do a skit with his "Momma" and a group of dancers. Because the show was running long, the skit was cut so The Rock and John Cena could get their proper time for their match.

Brodus and the dancers were all set to go in Gorilla when they were informed their skit was cut. John Cena got word of this and let Billy Kidman and Michael Hayes know that he "had to go to the bathroom." Kidman and Hayes wanted to know how long that was going to take. Cena looked at Brodus and asked him how long he needed. Brodus said 10 minutes. Cena told Kidman he would be back on 10 minutes. And that set up the Brodus skit to take place.

Rock would have never lasted an extra 10 minutes in that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom