• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been discussed if the network will conserve resources for the network and not allow access to the library during Mania. Would make sense to ensure no disruptions.

Also curious if cable providers will be vindictive and throttle bandwidth on WWE network.

Aiii

So not worth it
Has it been discussed if the network will conserve resources for the network and not allow access to the library during Mania. Would make sense to ensure no disruptions.

Also curious if cable providers will be vindictive and throttle bandwidth on WWE network.
They might, but let's be real, nobody with the network is going to stream old stuff while Mania is live anyways.

ultrazilla

Well I'm really concerned that watching the live Wrestlemania is going to be an exercise in buffering, no signals and fatal errors.

I just threw on the live programming via the PS4 app and I was getting buffering/stutter every minute or so. Now, I know my speed isn't an issue as I purposely upgraded my internet speed from 15mbps/5mbps to 30mbps/5mbps. Running Netflix I get no buffering or stutter and it kicks into HD right away. The WWE PS4 app is stutter and looks like 480p when it's running. Not a good sign at all.

I bought the $60 package with the understanding I would get the live Wrestlemania and other PPV events. Like everyone else, I've got people coming over, a huge barbecue planned, took the day off work for all the fun and it looks like WWE still hasn't got their shit together with streaming issues.

If I run into problems with the live stream tomorrow, I'm calling them up and cancelling my subscription stat and I will fight any charges for the further six month commitment when they didn't come through on their end.

Am I over-reacting here wrestle-gaf? I just get the feeling we're beta/stress testing their live network on their biggest ppv of the year.....

God damn, is Bryan going to shave or not?

I want a properly trimmed, short haired, Bryan with that WM 28 entrance

Wish they went with the humiliating shaving angle last week.

Aiii

So not worth it
God damn, is Bryan going to shave or not?

I want a properly trimmed, short haired, Bryan with that WM 28 entrance

Wish they went with the humiliating shaving angle last week.
His wedding is next week, so who knows. Won't be more than a trim, the beard is money I'm afraid.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
The New Age Outlaws are back? Man, it has been so long since I watched wrestling, I feel like I don't know who 3/4 of those people are. Turnover rates are high it seems.

Aiii

So not worth it
The New Age Outlaws are back? Man, it has been so long since I watched wrestling, I feel like I don't know who 3/4 of those people are. Turnover rates are high it seems.
They work as backstage producers for WWE, they do some stuff now on TV because reasons.

Sblargh

Banned
That combo of "she's not a girl, she is a chick" with "you don't wanna bring home to your mom, but you wanna fuck date"
:-(

If anyone cares, and want to pass time

I made a list of the best WrestleMania video games

http://nerdsontherocks.com/top-7-wrestlemania-video-games

My annual reminder of WM19 revenge mode, a mode of hilarious worker beatdowns one second and janky arse chain swinging platforming the next.

WM2000 is the right choice to top the list but I'd argue its Road to Wrestlemania mode was still a pretty basic single player mode by wrestling game standards, though granted compared to earlier games it's more substantial.

Penguin

My annual reminder of WM19 revenge mode, a mode of hilarious worker beatdowns one second and janky arse chain swinging platforming the next.

WM2000 is the right choice to top the list but I'd argue its Road to Wrestlemania mode was still a pretty basic single player mode by wrestling game standards, though granted compared to earlier games it's more substantial.

Well that's what comparing it to
I mean before that
What was it?
Handful of matches and then.. you're in a main event

Hasney

Oh man, I remember being so confused when I bought WM19 and played the story mode.

I don't know if it's the only story mode in wrestling that puts you in the shoes of a mass murderer, but it's the only one I've experienced.

WWF_Betrayal_Coverart.png

Also, I killed enough people on MDicikes wrestling games to qualify. I killed a guy on a memorial show for another guy once. Good times.

Well that's what comparing it to
I mean before that
What was it?
Handful of matches and then.. you're in a main event

Yeah I kind of figured that halfway through my post but decided I'd go through with it anyway, I regret nothing!
Maybe I'm just still bitter that I couldn't get the good ending on my first run for failing in the rumble and despite being champ having the belt swiped off me by Vinny Mac and given to Taker in one of the modes rare instances of a cutscene.

Younger me wanted to believe that Kane was a secret character in WWF betrayal, fortunately Good Guy Glenn knew not to sully his image appearing in that mess.

Well I'm really concerned that watching the live Wrestlemania is going to be an exercise in buffering, no signals and fatal errors.

I just threw on the live programming via the PS4 app and I was getting buffering/stutter every minute or so. Now, I know my speed isn't an issue as I purposely upgraded my internet speed from 15mbps/5mbps to 30mbps/5mbps. Running Netflix I get no buffering or stutter and it kicks into HD right away. The WWE PS4 app is stutter and looks like 480p when it's running. Not a good sign at all.

I bought the $60 package with the understanding I would get the live Wrestlemania and other PPV events. Like everyone else, I've got people coming over, a huge barbecue planned, took the day off work for all the fun and it looks like WWE still hasn't got their shit together with streaming issues.

If I run into problems with the live stream tomorrow, I'm calling them up and cancelling my subscription stat and I will fight any charges for the further six month commitment when they didn't come through on their end.

Am I over-reacting here wrestle-gaf? I just get the feeling we're beta/stress testing their live network on their biggest ppv of the year.....

Yes you're over reaching because it's guaranteed that the stream will have issues tomorrow. When has ANY online service expecting a lot of simultaneous users at once NOT had issues? Did you really expect the WWE to be immune to something that's plagued all companies? MLB is having issues right now and they expect it every opening day!

styl3s

After listening to the Power Bombcast and hearing the story about Ultimate Warrior losing his shit to the THQ guys i hope he just goes ham at the HOF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it sucks because the set sucks, it's so plain. Was last year any better because Vince was yelling out "It's the Brooklyn Bridge!" or because it actually looked like a cool set-up? Not even Based Vince could save this boring stage set-up.

Vince adds 1000000+ hype to anything.

Potential order lineup spoiler

Current WrestleMania Match Order Set?

Here is the current order:

The Shield vs. Kane & New Age Outlaws
"Stuff in the Middle"
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Diva Invitational
HHH vs. Daniel Bryan
World Title Match

Credit Bryan Alvarez, Figure Four Weekly Newsletter
Already proved false, dirt sheets, lol

Mengetsu

Did you try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? Patches sometimes mess up in installation. I'm on PS4 since day 1 and have had no issues and still have none now. 15mbps is my speed.

Allforce

Yes you're over reaching because it's guaranteed that the stream will have issues tomorrow. When has ANY online service expecting a lot of simultaneous users at once NOT had issues? Did you really expect the WWE to be immune to something that's plagued all companies? MLB is having issues right now and they expect it every opening day!

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the service to work, but I agree that it's a bit nuts to call and cancel the service outright. You're getting a ton of content regardless.

And Netflix stands up to premieres of shows like House of Cards just fine. Many many many more million viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom